PDA

View Full Version : Broncos cut RB Andre Brown

Jagsbch
10-16-2010, 02:39 PM
Broncos cut RB Andre Brown (http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Source-Broncos-cut-Andre-Brown.html)

The Denver Broncos have cut running back Andre Brown in a transaction intended to be a short-term roster move, according to a league source with knowledge of the situation.

The Broncos intend to re-sign Brown. However, the former fourth-round draft pick could draw interest from running-back needy teams on the waiver wire.

Brown has regained his health after dealing with a turf toe injury during the preseason.

Brown is a second-year pro who was selected by the New York Giants in the fourth round last year from North Carolina State University.

He spent his rookie year on the Giants’ reserve/injured list before leading the club in rushing yards (21-95, one touchdown) and kickoff return yards (7-120, 17.1 avg.) in his first gam as a pro during the preseason this year.

At N.C. State, Brown played 44 games with 30 starts and finished his career ranked ninth in school history in all-purpose yards with 3,511 yards, including 2,539 rushing yards and 22 touchdowns.

Jagsbch
10-16-2010, 03:08 PM
Who did we sign? Temporarily...

Jagsbch
10-16-2010, 03:16 PM
D'anthony Batiste released.

@PostBroncos Lindsay Jones
The Broncos have signed S Kyle McCarthy and OLB Kevin Alexander to the active roster off the practice squad.

Northman
10-16-2010, 03:33 PM
We must be loaded at RB.

broncofaninfla
10-16-2010, 03:43 PM
And Batiste must really suck if he can't earn some playing time with this group of OL.

Jagsbch
10-16-2010, 03:49 PM
This may as well be a top ten pass blocking offensive-line... just sayin

Italianmobstr7
10-16-2010, 04:04 PM
We must be loaded at RB.

KnoMo, Maroney, Buckhalter. I think we're fine with 3 running backs.

Northman
10-16-2010, 04:06 PM

A bucket full of lemons. Sweet. Bet we dont know where the lemonade comes from.

Italianmobstr7
10-16-2010, 04:20 PM
A bucket full of lemons. Sweet. Bet we dont know where the lemonade comes from.

I'd rather have all of them than Andre freaking Brown...

Northman
10-16-2010, 04:22 PM

I would rather not have any of them.

Italianmobstr7
10-16-2010, 04:23 PM
I would rather not have any of them.

Eh well, we don't get to choose that. I personally like Moreno and think if he actually had some blocking he'd breakout and have a great season. Until our Oline is fixed, none of our RB's will be gaining yards.

Northman
10-16-2010, 04:25 PM
Eh well, we don't get to choose that. I personally like Moreno and think if he actually had some blocking he'd breakout and have a great season. Until our Oline is fixed, none of our RB's will be gaining yards.

It goes beyond the Oline unfortuantely. There are at times holes to run through but our backs like to crawl up the Oline's ass instead of using the lanes that are created on occasion.

Italianmobstr7
10-16-2010, 04:29 PM
It goes beyond the Oline unfortuantely. There are at times holes to run through but our backs like to crawl up the Oline's ass instead of using the lanes that are created on occasion.

I've seen our Rb's make a few mistakes and our Oline make a lot of them. This probably isn't the week we'll be getting the run on track unfortunately either. Hopefully with KnoMo in there we'll get more than we usually do. He hasn't been great this season, but he's been better than everyone else we've had.

spikerman
10-16-2010, 04:34 PM
A huge part of the problem is that none of the Broncos' backs seem to have any burst. I thought Moreno was one of the slowest backs I'd ever seen hitting the hole until I watched Maroney. Compare the speed at which Denver's backs attack the line of scrimmage with other teams and the difference will be night and day. It's not just that they're hesistant (and they are), but also that they don't seem to have an extra gear like most NFL backs.

jhildebrand
10-16-2010, 08:43 PM

I'd rather have Andre Brown and our 4th round pick. It's hard to argue we are getting 4th round production out of Maroney and he may not be resigned. That 4th rounder just seems a lot more valuable to me than it does McD.

Italianmobstr7
10-16-2010, 09:28 PM
I'd rather have Andre Brown and our 4th round pick. It's hard to argue we are getting 4th round production out of Maroney and he may not be resigned. That 4th rounder just seems a lot more valuable to me than it does McD.

That's why McD is an NFL head coach and you're not. Maroney could end up vein big for us later in the year. He's got experience, although he hasn't looked good if we can get our oline fixed he could be good in short yardage. Also, I wouldn't blame it only on McD. He's not the GM. I'm sure Xanders had something to do with the trade as well. I'm not thinned w giving up a 4th rounder but the way we wheeled and dealed in the last draft who knows what picks well end up with?

dogfish
10-16-2010, 09:41 PM

moreno's the only one of them that has ANY business being on an NFL roster at this point. . .

jhildebrand
10-16-2010, 10:21 PM
That's why McD is an NFL head coach and you're not.

Is that why? :confused: I would think there is more to it than his blowing a 4th rounder. ;)

Maroney could end up vein big for us later in the year. He's got experience, although he hasn't looked good if we can get our oline fixed he could be good in short yardage. Also, I wouldn't blame it only on McD. He's not the GM. I'm sure Xanders had something to do with the trade as well.

So Xanders went to the NE well? :confused: You really think that (geniune question and no rudeness meant by my direct nature)? I don't. Not for one minute. The Maroney deal was Josh's.

Also, you are making a couple of arguments here. You are saying Maroney could end up being good for us later in the year and it seems to hinge on improving the o line. That is a steep hill.

Schlereth, Al and DMAC had a guest (the name slips my mind right now) this week who was at camp with the Broncos and he said that McD knew the running game was a mess during camp! If that is genuine, and we haven't fixed our running game by now, chances are it wont be fixed this season.

That said, we gave up a 4th for a rent a player when a Lance Ball or Andre Brown would do and the 4th MIGHT contribute for years and Maroney would be a 12 game player. I just don't think that is good odds for us. Of course, I would love to be proven wrong.

I'm not thinned w giving up a 4th rounder but the way we wheeled and dealed in the last draft who knows what picks well end up with?

That may be needed again. However, other teams might not be so willing to wheel and deal with him this year.

Lonestar
10-16-2010, 11:11 PM
Think I'll wait and see what happens before I get worried.

I also fail to believe that Josh did not have a plan in place to get the running game going.

His other planning to the enth degre says different than that.

They may have suspected that the running game was going to take time to develop since both of the rookie oline guys came from promarily passing spread offenses.

I also belive they we're caught short with kuper and harris not playing up or being hurt.

Not excuses merely reason for what is going on. Ultimately Josh is the buck stops here guy.

But to say they knew there was a problem and did nothing is a load of crap.

Len dale coing to town should have fixed short yardage after week 4

Yes now I remember they also knew he was going on IR when they signed him.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

turftoad
10-16-2010, 11:31 PM
I liked Brown comming out of college. He hasn't been able to get on the field to show what he can do in the NFL as of yet because of injuries.

I hope no other picks him up and we get a chance to re sign him. Wishful thinking I'm sure.

arapaho2
10-17-2010, 12:25 PM
A huge part of the problem is that none of the Broncos' backs seem to have any burst. I thought Moreno was one of the slowest backs I'd ever seen hitting the hole until I watched Maroney. Compare the speed at which Denver's backs attack the line of scrimmage with other teams and the difference will be night and day. It's not just that they're hesistant (and they are), but also that they don't seem to have an extra gear like most NFL backs.

Damn. I been saying that since game one...Moreno has no bursrt...no speed through the hole...I'm not talking top end speed...but the take the ball and hit and hit the freaking hole and go....just don't see it

Elevation inc
10-17-2010, 02:19 PM
seems like the whole running situation is play it by week hope for the best. Which by the way will never work and we are seeing it first hand. This is what happens when you have a OL with no identity, youth and injuries, and backs that arent healthy and are getting gun shy being hit behind the line alot....and a coach that isnt helping matters with playcalling.....

Northman
10-17-2010, 02:22 PM
seems like the whole running situation is play it by week hope for the best. Which by the way will never work and we are seeing it first hand. This is what happens when you have a OL with no identity, youth and injuries, and backs that arent healthy and are getting gun shy being hit behind the line alot....and a coach that isnt helping matters with playcalling.....

Yea, that about covers it.

jhildebrand
10-17-2010, 06:20 PM
I would rather see Tebow get all of the carries slotted for Maroney.

Moreno looks pretty decent to me.

rcsodak
10-17-2010, 08:49 PM
guys that know him LOVE him. Watch him get snatched up. Grrr

OldschoolFreak
10-18-2010, 04:58 PM
So, do we Mustard him now that Willis is on IR?

spikerman
10-18-2010, 08:03 PM
guys that know him LOVE him. Watch him get snatched up. Grrr

Well played Nostradamus!

http://www.indystar.com/article/20101018/SPORTS03/101018035/Colts-claim-RB-Brown-off-waivers-from-Denver

Jagsbch
10-18-2010, 08:21 PM
oh well

turftoad
10-18-2010, 08:54 PM
Crap, was hoping to get him back.

Thnikkaman
10-18-2010, 10:51 PM
Eh, we still have Lance Ball.