PDA

View Full Version : Broncos vs the JEST

WARHORSE
10-16-2010, 01:32 PM
BRONCOS 24

THE JEST 17

I said it.

I meant it.

Demaryius Thomas will go Mile High on the JEST a couple of times at least in this game.:coffee:

WARHORSE
10-16-2010, 01:33 PM
How come when I put the JEST in caps in the thread title it ends up lower case?

RETARDED.

Jagsbch
10-16-2010, 01:42 PM
After spending the week disecting this matchup, Broncos are going to kill them. I changed my prediction to 31-13 Broncos

frauschieze
10-16-2010, 02:13 PM
How come when I put the JEST in caps in the thread title it ends up lower case?

RETARDED.

Don't know why that happened but I fixed it for ya. :)

Jagsbch
10-16-2010, 02:18 PM
Eddie Royal is second in the league in YAC's

Jets @ Broncos - Keys to Game ESPN (http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/2346/jets-at-broncos-keys-to-the-game)

Improve red-zone efficiency: The Jets should be able to move the ball with relative ease between the 20s against a banged-up Denver defense, but their work inside the 20 has to get better. They were 0-for-4 last week in the red zone, dropping them to 19th in the league. Mark Sanchez is only a 50% passer in the red zone. Field goals are great for Nick Folk's stat line, but the Jets need more touchdowns, less field goals.

Tackle in the secondary: The Broncos' modern-day version of the Three Amigos -- Brandon Lloyd, Eddie Royal and Jabar Gaffney -- produces a lot of yards after the catch. In fact, Royal is second in the league in YAC. The Jets DBs must wrap up quickly and effectively, preventing 10-yard completions from turning into 20-yarders.

Who's in the slot? Royal will be a tough cover in the slot. You have to figure the Jets will use Drew Coleman or rookie Kyle Wilson in the slot. That's not a good matchup for the Jets, especially if the struggling Wilson gets the call. If Darrelle Revis (hamstring) doesn't play -- the team expects to make a decision Saturday -- Wilson and Coleman might be on the field at the same time, with Antonio Cromartie. Could be a rough day for the secondary against the pass-happy Broncos, who averaged close to 50 pass attempts over the last three games.

Ball security: The Jets have fumbled only once (Shonn Greene in the opener), while the Broncos have fumbled seven times (lost three), none of which are from QB Kyle Orton. In other words, their backs and receivers don't do a real good job securing the football. The Jets will be in a ball-stripping mode. In fact, they practiced causing and recovering fumbles in practice.

Playing the tendencies: The Broncos have remarkable balance in their passing game. Their top three receivers have 31, 30 and 29 receptions. Who gets the double team? Rex Ryan and defensive coordinator Mike Pettine will have to rely on the Broncos' past tendencies, trying to figure out who they go to in certain situations. It can be frustrating for a play caller, especially with a smart quarterback like Orton, who does a good job with ball distribution.

Don't challenge the Champ: Broncos CB Champ Bailey still is one of the best in the business. If Sanchez is smart, he'll stay away from Bailey's direction. Throw it anywhere else, against a secondary that doesn't have S Brian Dawkins, and he should be OK.

Shazam!
10-16-2010, 03:22 PM
The only way Denver wins this is if the NYJ think it's going to be a cakewalk and they come in overconfident. Theyre cocky mofos as it is, so it's a possibility. They're better nearly across the board. Broncos are plagued with injuries.

Northman
10-16-2010, 03:34 PM
You also said we would beat Baltimore. Yes, i blame you War.

weazel
10-16-2010, 03:38 PM
surely you jets

SR
10-16-2010, 04:02 PM
BRONCOS 24

THE JEST 17

I said it.

I meant it.

Great pointless thread yet again.

I said it.

I meant it.

SR
10-16-2010, 04:02 PM
After spending the week disecting this matchup, Broncos are going to kill them. I changed my prediction to 31-13 Broncos

Awesome. Hopefully this prediction is more accurate than the rest of your awesome predictions/analysis/expertise.

KCL
10-16-2010, 06:20 PM
Jest? Is that suppose to be funny? I mean really.

EMB6903
10-16-2010, 06:23 PM
Oh ISH....

another thread started by Warhorse predicting a Broncos victory?

Shocker!

Day1BroncoFan
10-16-2010, 06:43 PM
I agree. :coffee:

WARHORSE
10-16-2010, 08:06 PM
Don't know why that happened but I fixed it for ya. :)

You da besssss.
:beer:

WARHORSE
10-16-2010, 08:09 PM
God forbid he predicts one every week against superior teams.

You think Im going to predict a Broncos loss?

Never happen.

JEST superior to the Broncos?

ONLY in your mind.:coffee:

WARHORSE
10-16-2010, 08:11 PM
You also said we would beat Baltimore. Yes, i blame you War.

Yep. Sure did.

And I take the blame.

ALL THE BLAME.

But ya cant kill the FLAME.

If they played Baltimore tomorrow with Tebow at QB, and every starter on defense on IR, I would predict a Broncos win.

And I would be right.:salute:

Until proven wrong. :coffee:

WARHORSE
10-16-2010, 08:13 PM
Great pointless thread yet again.

I said it.

I meant it.

Man are you blind.

I didnt predict a 0-0 tie.

THAT would be a pointless thread.

Wake up. Youre seeing red when you should be seeing ORANGE AND BLUE.

(you seem to be the pointless thread police, huh?):shocked:

WARHORSE
10-16-2010, 08:14 PM
Jest? Is that suppose to be funny? I mean really.

No.

Kansas City. Now THATS funny.

WARHORSE
10-16-2010, 08:15 PM
Oh ISH....

another thread started by Warhorse predicting a Broncos victory?

Shocker!

You know it.

Only kind of predictions I have.:salute:

KCL
10-16-2010, 08:18 PM
No.

Kansas City. Now THATS funny.

May be but not as funny as Denver :heh:

WARHORSE
10-16-2010, 08:51 PM
May be but not as funny as Denver :heh:

Oh no.

Dont fool yourself KCL.

Dont drink that red koolaid.

It only leads to vomiting, dysentery and diarrhea of the mouth. :coffee:

DenBronx
10-16-2010, 09:10 PM
I don't believe in predictions. Anyone can throw out a random guess every week and eventually be right.

We just need to execute and WIN. Fans can say anything they want. This is a MUST WIN and this team needs to find a way to get it done. If we don't win then we fall to last in the weak AFC West and that is unacceptable. No excuses, I don't care about the injuries or anything else. This falls on the shoulders of the coaches and players. Now go get it done.

If the Raiders can find ways to win with their aneimic offense against the Chargers then have to find a way to beat the Jets at home. We sucked against Baltimore who is alot like the Jets so I really hope we have a good game plan. If not, 2-4 here we come.

KCL
10-16-2010, 11:18 PM
Oh no.

Dont fool yourself KCL.

Dont drink that red koolaid.

It only leads to vomiting, dysentery and diarrhea of the mouth. :coffee:
:hahaha:
You speaking from experience????

KCL
10-17-2010, 12:15 AM
BTW WARHORSE...

Jest messing with you!

WARHORSE
10-17-2010, 02:28 AM
:hahaha:
You speaking from experience????

Yes.

Ive seen many KC fans with these symptoms.

topscribe
10-17-2010, 02:33 AM
You da besssss.
:beer:

GEM is the very bets . . . http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thdrink.gif

(Just kidding, Frau.) :D

-----

WARHORSE
10-17-2010, 02:43 AM
BTW WARHORSE...

Jest messing with you!

And I yoo. :cool:

SR
10-17-2010, 08:11 AM
You think Im going to predict a Broncos loss?

Never happen.

JEST superior to the Broncos?

ONLY in your mind.:coffee:

How to be a homer 101.

SR
10-17-2010, 08:12 AM
Man are you blind.

I didnt predict a 0-0 tie.

THAT would be a pointless thread.

Wake up. Youre seeing red when you should be seeing ORANGE AND BLUE.

(you seem to be the pointless thread police, huh?):shocked:

I'm not blind, I'm realistic. Realistically, Denver will not beat the JETS, and I wouldn't predict a win unless I thought they were really going to win.

frauschieze
10-17-2010, 10:45 AM
To everyone giving War a bad time about his optimism and this thread:

Go post in another thread. It is not your personal duty to try to burst his bubble. In fact, it's rude and bordering on attacking a poster for their opinion, which is not allowed.

topscribe
10-17-2010, 10:51 AM

Go post in another thread. It is not your personal duty to try to burst his bubble. In fact, it's rude and bordering on attacking a poster for their opinion, which is not allowed.

Okay, time for the Biggest Homer to step in.

Lay off the kid!! He's a man after my own heart . . . http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/throckon.gif

-----

SR
10-17-2010, 11:53 AM

No one is attacking him as a poster. According to my interpretation of the rules, we're allowed to be critical of the post/thread, just not the poster or thread starter.

frauschieze
10-17-2010, 12:01 PM
No one is attacking him as a poster. According to my interpretation of the rules, we're allowed to be critical of the post/thread, just not the poster or thread starter.

It is a fine line which some have crossed in this thread already and their posts have been removed. Unfortunately, your assumption/observation that no one has broken the rules is incorrect.

Benetto
10-17-2010, 12:57 PM
What's with the sarcastic BS responses? There's a saying that makes more sense than anything said in this thread.

"If you have nothing nice to say, then ****"...Jeez :tsk:

Do people get a sense of satisfaction trying to belittle posters they don't agree with? Or do they like to just sound like anonymous ********, hiding behind their computers with "little man syndrome"?

Edit: Mods feel free to edit or delete if deemed nec. Sorry but it's just a reason why I dont post much here anymore.

WARHORSE
10-17-2010, 01:30 PM
I'm not blind, I'm realistic. Realistically, Denver will not beat the JETS, and I wouldn't predict a win unless I thought they were really going to win.

Of course youre not blind. Youre seeing green.

Im seeing orange and blue.

You predict a loss.

I predict a win.

It goes like this:

MC: Who's gonna win the game today fellas?

Seeing Red (green this sunday): J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!

WARHORSE: BRONCOS OR DIE YOU SORRY COLLARD GREEN LOOKIN CLOWNS!!!

Feel free to be who you are.

Really.

I do.

And the difference between you and I is I REALLY believe Denver is going to win.

And so therefore the prediction of a win.

See how that works?

You dont think the Broncos are gonna win........I do.

You predict a loss.

I predict a win.

We're different.

You call me homer.

I call you a Jets optimist for a day.

Predict a Broncos loss? Those are words that will never come out of my mouth.

BRONCOS OR DIE BABY.

WARHORSE
10-17-2010, 01:33 PM

:salute:

I love it when Frau is gettin someone thats not me.

Somethin about that.......:confused:

Anyway, no worries Frau.

No one can burst the bubble here in paradise. Never happen.:beer:

WARHORSE
10-17-2010, 01:34 PM
Okay, time for the Biggest Homer to step in.

Lay off the kid!! He's a man after my own heart . . . http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/throckon.gif

-----

Wow.

Someone old enough to call me kid.:salute:

KCL
10-17-2010, 06:23 PM
well no win in the division today!

Northman
10-17-2010, 06:24 PM
Thanks a lot War. You lead 2-1.

SR
10-17-2010, 06:51 PM
It is a fine line which some have crossed in this thread already and their posts have been removed. Unfortunately, your assumption/observation that no one has broken the rules is incorrect.

I never said no one broke the rules.

SR
10-17-2010, 06:53 PM
Of course youre not blind. Youre seeing green.

Im seeing orange and blue.

You predict a loss.

I predict a win.

It goes like this:

MC: Who's gonna win the game today fellas?

Seeing Red (green this sunday): J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!

WARHORSE: BRONCOS OR DIE YOU SORRY COLLARD GREEN LOOKIN CLOWNS!!!

Feel free to be who you are.

Really.

I do.

And the difference between you and I is I REALLY believe Denver is going to win.

And so therefore the prediction of a win.

See how that works?

You dont think the Broncos are gonna win........I do.

You predict a loss.

I predict a win.

We're different.

You call me homer.

I call you a Jets optimist for a day.

Predict a Broncos loss? Those are words that will never come out of my mouth.

BRONCOS OR DIE BABY.

I always hope for a Broncos win, but being realistic helps when they lose. I always want my team to win, but there are games (like last week and today) where I refuse to get my hopes up because I know what the odds are. It's not a (insert team name) optimist, it's me not getting my hopes up just to have them shot down by a rookie that can't snap the ball or a veteran safety that gets a stupid ass pass interference penalty on 4th and 6 on the one yard line.

WARHORSE
10-17-2010, 11:14 PM
I always hope for a Broncos win, but being realistic helps when they lose. I always want my team to win, but there are games (like last week and today) where I refuse to get my hopes up because I know what the odds are. It's not a (insert team name) optimist, it's me not getting my hopes up just to have them shot down by a rookie that can't snap the ball or a veteran safety that gets a stupid ass pass interference penalty on 4th and 6 on the one yard line.

Well, I was being realistic when I predicted a win.

And my hopes dont need to get up for a game cause when it comes to Denver, I ALWAYS believe in them. Period.

For me, I see a team improving and a schedule that would seem to be getting easier.

It doesnt matter how we play this month cause the other teams in our division are helping our cause.

Parity is alive and well in our league, and Denver CAN, if it continues to play better each week and gets healthy, be in the running come December.

We lost a heckuva battle today, but we havent lost the war.

One thing I do believe though, our coaches had this team PREPARED.

We fought a very good team hard, and we lost.

Broncos today.

Broncos tomorrow.

Broncos till my breath runs out.

And then BRONCOS after that.

I believe we got some young players getting battle learned and battle tested for the future.

I saw good things today, and we just need to start putting it all together.

With rookies on your team, its gonna be ugly sometimes......but ball and learn.

I believe we are learning, and that includes our young HC.

BRONCOS BABY!

OR DIE.:salute:

SR
10-18-2010, 09:41 AM
Denver played a hell of a game. No denying that at all. It was a fun game to watch, but I don't get my hopes up for reasons like the way that game ended. I've got my hopes up for this week because if we can't beat the Raiders then we have no business competing against upper echelon teams.

Fact of the matter is, good teams win games they're supposed to win, win games they're not supposed to win, and when they have a game in hand like Denver did yesterday, don't let it slip away in the hands of a veteran safety that knew EXACTLY why Sanchez went down the field on 4th and 6 with less than two minutes remaining. I knew he was trying to draw a pass interference penalty. You knew he was trying to draw the penalty. Everyone knew he was trying to draw a penalty. All Hill had to do was play the ball, not the man, and we would've gotten the ball back on downs and ended the game with a couple of kneel downs then walked out with the W.

My view points are different than yours, so agree to disagree, but I've been disappointed by enough shit over the past couple-few years and so until my team(s) give me a reason to expect something great every week (or most weeks), then my basis for believing what I do will remain the same because it works.

And it's "parody".

BigDaddyBronco
10-18-2010, 09:45 AM
No, it is parity.

par·i·ty
n. pl. par·i·ties
1. Equality, as in amount, status, or value.

par·o·dy
n. pl. par·o·dies
1. A literary or artistic work that imitates the characteristic style of an author or a work for comic effect or ridicule.

SR
10-18-2010, 09:49 AM
No, it is parity.

par·i·ty
n. pl. par·i·ties
1. Equality, as in amount, status, or value.

par·o·dy
n. pl. par·o·dies
1. A literary or artistic work that imitates the characteristic style of an author or a work for comic effect or ridicule.

WTF is up with my spell check? I type in parity and I get the jagged red line!

Sorry. I'm dumb.

topscribe
10-18-2010, 09:53 AM

Sorry. I'm dumb.

It means "parity" isn't in your spell check's dictionary. There's supposed to be a way you can add it, I think.

And you're anything but dumb . . .

-----

BigDaddyBronco
10-18-2010, 10:02 AM

Sorry. I'm dumb.
Grammar, vocabulary, whatever have nothing to do with intelligence.

I am pretty bad myself, I just knew that a parody was a type of play, writting, film, etc.

topscribe
10-18-2010, 11:47 AM
Wow.

Someone old enough to call me kid.:salute:

This happened several years ago: My 93-years-young paternal grandmother was
acquainted with my maternal grandfather. One day, she asked me, "How old is
your grandfather, Larry?"

I responded that I thought he was about 82.

Grammy chuckled and said, "Well, he's just a kid!" :laugh:

Off-topic, I know, but I thought it fitting here . . .

-----