PDA

View Full Version : Moreno Limited, But Back at Practice

Denver Native (Carol)
10-14-2010, 08:28 PM
http://maxdenver.com/blog1/

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. – Slowly, the Broncos’ backfield is beginning to return to its intended form.

As fullback Spencer Larsen practiced for a second consecutive day after recovering from an ankle injury, running back Knowshon Moreno practiced for the first time in eight days and just the second time since he injured his hamstring on Sep. 23, three days before the Broncos’ Week 3 loss to the Indianapolis Colts.

Both Larsen and Moreno were limited in their work.

Their returns wouldn’t be a moment too soon. The last time both Moreno and Larsen played was in Week 2; in the first two games of the regular season, they helped the Broncos average 77.0 yards per game and 2.44 yards per carry.

Those figures don’t exactly make the Broncos the 1976 Steelers, but they’re much better than the 35.0 yards-per-game and 2.06 yards-per-carry averages of the last three weeks.

STILL OUT FROM PRACTICE was wide receiver Demaryius Thomas, who is recovering from a concussion sustained on a second-quarter kickoff return at Baltimore last Sunday.

Also missing practice were the five defenders already ruled out for Sunday’s game with the Jets: safeties Darcel McBath and Brian Dawkins, linebackers Robert Ayers and Wesley Woodyard and cornerback Andre Goodman.

Linebacker Mario Haggan returned to full practice after being limited Wednesday. Running back Andre Brown also returned Thursday after sitting out Wednesday’s work with an illness.

gobroncsnv
10-14-2010, 09:28 PM
This week, on **MASH**...

Maybe McD should call House to get this thing figured out.

Ravage!!!
10-14-2010, 09:32 PM
He's limited? How could anyone tell?? :lol:

Bosco
10-14-2010, 09:48 PM
Maybe McD should call House to get this thing figured out.

I like the idea of using some Raider and Chief fans as human sacrifices to appease the football gods.

gobroncsnv
10-14-2010, 10:19 PM
I like the idea of using some Raider and Chief fans as human sacrifices to appease the football gods.

Only SOME of them?? :cool:

Rav, that was brutal, man! (but far too true)

Bosco
10-14-2010, 10:32 PM
Only SOME of them?? :cool:

We'll still need some to make fun of, won't we? :D

KCL
10-14-2010, 10:39 PM
We'll still need some to make fun of, won't we? :D

You all can make fun of me..if it makes you feel better about how your season is going so far...:D

Bosco
10-14-2010, 10:44 PM
You all can make fun of me..if it makes you feel better about how your season is going so far...:D

Minus the injury problems, I'm pretty happy with the way our season is going. You Chief fans, on the other hand, should probably be preparing for some considerable disappointment.

KCL
10-14-2010, 10:55 PM
Minus the injury problems, I'm pretty happy with the way our season is going. You Chief fans, on the other hand, should probably be preparing for some considerable disappointment.

So you're happy with the Broncos record so far...that's great and as far as how the rest of the season goes for the Chiefs...I won't make any predictions and you shouldn't either...we'll see...so far KC is still leading the division..damn good turn around for a team who has finished last for too long now.

jhildebrand
10-14-2010, 10:57 PM

Why? :confused:

It's not like they are getting a result from their D where there are NO second half first downs. :tsk:

They are young, tough, and aggressive. Their schedule will only get easier too. All they will need is to go .500 from here on out and they are in.

Bosco
10-14-2010, 11:14 PM
Why? :confused:

It's not like they are getting a result from their D where there are NO second half first downs. :tsk:

They are young, tough, and aggressive. Their schedule will only get easier too. All they will need is to go .500 from here on out and they are in.

The 2010 Chiefs are a poor man's version of the 2009 Broncos. They're turning in some very solid defensive performances thanks to Crennel's game planning covering up their weaknesses, but just like we saw, that only works for so long and we're now starting to hit the stretch where those scheme advantages are evaporating. They also have a very poor offense that is not going to be able to pick up the slack for them when that happens.

Mark my words buddy. Someone is going to expose that team big time and when they do there will be a major slide. Given McDaniels familiarity with both Weis and Crennel, he's the one likely to do it. :2thumbs:

Ravage!!!
10-14-2010, 11:29 PM
ITs not exactly a stretch to guess that the Chiefs aren't going to win 10 games this year. Hell, they only won 10 games the last 3 years combined.

But the Chiefs defense is for real. Their front guys are studs, and they really DO have a pass rush. Jackson is hurt, but with Dorsey, Hali, Flowers, Berry, and Johnson..... not to mention Shaun Smith is playing like a mad-man...that defense has some serious talent.

The problem is, the Chiefs offense isn't nearly as good as their defense. Cassel is just plain bad, but Charles, McCluster, Moeaki, and their OL with Alberts and Waters... their offense is more talented than ours.

Of course things will start to slide. How do you "out-do" a 3-0 start? Things always start to level out. The Chiefs, right now aren't a double digit win team, but coming off 4 and 2 win seasons..they are on the right track. Have to LOVE what a real DC is doing in KC. They look a LOT more like an 8-8 team than we do. They have a running game, a VERY solid defense that puts pressure on the QB, an a special teams unit that makes some big plays.

KCL
10-14-2010, 11:31 PM
The 2010 Chiefs are a poor man's version of the 2009 Broncos. They're turning in some very solid defensive performances thanks to Crennel's game planning covering up their weaknesses, but just like we saw, that only works for so long and we're now starting to hit the stretch where those scheme advantages are evaporating. They also have a very poor offense that is not going to be able to pick up the slack for them when that happens.

Mark my words buddy. Someone is going to expose that team big time and when they do there will be a major slide. Given McDaniels familiarity with both Weis and Crennel, he's the one likely to do it. :2thumbs:

Bosco all I can do is laugh at this post...I'm not saying/thinking the Chiefs are going to the SB..Hell they might not even get to the playoffs but it's obvious you are a hater...:lol:

Do you not think that Weis and Crennel have any familiarity with McD???...That works 2 ways.

As far as the O Cassel isn't worth the money that KC paid him but it's a damn good thing we don't have to rely on just his passing to get this O going..The Chiefs have something Denver is lacking...it's called a running game...2 great backs in Charles and Jones.

Flowers is doing a great job in that secondary and sure they won't be able to defend the pass every game but our D is a whole hell of a lot better than last season..DJ is playing good ball...remember the guy who picked off Orton twice and ran them both back for TDs.

Anyway like I said we'll see how it goes but quit acting like you have the Chiefs all figured out...looks like Denver has more issues to worry about right now than KC does.

KCL
10-14-2010, 11:35 PM
ITs not exactly a stretch to guess that the Chiefs aren't going to win 10 games this year. Hell, they only won 10 games the last 3 years combined.

But the Chiefs defense is for real. Their front guys are studs, and they really DO have a pass rush. Jackson is hurt, but with Dorsey, Hali, Flowers, Berry, and Johnson..... not to mention Shaun Smith is playing like a mad-man...that defense has some serious talent.

The problem is, the Chiefs offense isn't nearly as good as their defense. Cassel is just plain bad, but Charles, McCluster, Moeaki, and their OL with Alberts and Waters... their offense is more talented than ours.

Of course things will start to slide. How do you "out-do" a 3-0 start? Things always start to level out. The Chiefs, right now aren't a double digit win team, but coming off 4 and 2 win seasons..they are on the right track. Have to LOVE what a real DC is doing in KC. They look a LOT more like an 8-8 team than we do. They have a running game, a VERY solid defense that puts pressure on the QB, an a special teams unit that makes some big plays.

ah hell I didn't even need to respond...your post is right on the money...Dexter is fast..the guy can pretty much out run anybody and our rookie TE is good...he made one hell of a TD with that one handed catch.

Bosco
10-15-2010, 12:02 AM
Bosco all I can do is laugh at this post...I'm not saying/thinking the Chiefs are going to the SB..Hell they might not even get to the playoffs but it's obvious you are a hater...:lol:

Oh I'm a Chief hater. Guilty as charged there. That doesn't stop me from being as objective with them as I am any other team though.

Do you not think that Weis and Crennel have any familiarity with McD???...That works 2 ways. You're aware that Weis and Crennel both left after the 2004 season, right? Josh took over the offense after that, so Crennel has no working experience with what Josh does on offense. Neither does Weis for that matter, as the offense changed completely when Josh took over.

As far as the O Cassel isn't worth the money that KC paid him but it's a damn good thing we don't have to rely on just his passing to get this O going..The Chiefs have something Denver is lacking...it's called a running game...2 great backs in Charles and Jones.

The problem with this is that While your running game is very solid, our defense is capable of holding it in check. Baltimore was the only team to have much success against us on the ground and you don't have the quarterback or receivers to keep us honest like they did. You guys will probably get a game plan similar to what we used against the Titans and resulted in us effectively shutting down Chris Johnson.

Flowers is doing a great job in that secondary and sure they won't be able to defend the pass every game but our D is a whole hell of a lot better than last season..DJ is playing good ball...remember the guy who picked off Orton twice and ran them both back for TDs. Flowers is a solid, but not great cover guy. He's alot like Andre Goodman. The rest of your secondary is pretty average though and there isn't a single elite player back there which is going to be a problem when we come to town.

Anyway like I said we'll see how it goes but quit acting like you have the Chiefs all figured out. In the last decade I've watched the Patriots more than any team not named the Denver Broncos, so I actually have a pretty solid idea of what Weis and Crennel like to do with their prospective teams and how they stack up to the Broncos do.

broncobryce
10-15-2010, 09:44 AM
A chiefs hater on a broncos board? I am shocked....
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Shazam!
10-15-2010, 09:46 AM
Gotta give dem Chiefs credit, even if we can't stand them.

They have been wretched for the longest time and have built a solid young foundation.

Honestly, I hate SD and Oakland far more than I do KC.

We'll see what happens when they play head-to-head.

Back to topic-

Seriously, these injuries are catastrophic for the team and I dont have much enthusiasm for the NYJs Sunday. I think they need a new S&C coach. 3/4 years this team has been plagued by decimating injuries.

KCL
10-15-2010, 10:32 AM
Gotta give dem Chiefs credit, even if we can't stand them.

They have been wretched for the longest time and have built a solid young foundation.

Honestly, I hate SD and Oakland far more than I do KC.

We'll see what happens when they play head-to-head.

Back to topic-

Seriously, these injuries are catastrophic for the team and I dont have much enthusiasm for the NYJs Sunday. I think they need a new S&C coach. 3/4 years this team has been plagued by decimating injuries.

Yes this thread is about Moreno not the Chiefs...but I have to add I have no idea why Bosco is posting here...he should be an analyst of some sort...he has an answer for everything Chiefs related...damn with the players/coaches we have...we might as well forfeit the season...:rolleyes:

KCL
10-15-2010, 10:34 AM
A chiefs hater on a broncos board? I am shocked....

Not all of you...people like Bosco and probably you.

KCL
10-15-2010, 10:37 AM
oh i'm a chief hater. Guilty as charged there. That doesn't stop me from being as objective with them as i am any other team though.

You're aware that weis and crennel both left after the 2004 season, right? Josh took over the offense after that, so crennel has no working experience with what josh does on offense. Neither does weis for that matter, as the offense changed completely when josh took over.

The problem with this is that while your running game is very solid, our defense is capable of holding it in check. Baltimore was the only team to have much success against us on the ground and you don't have the quarterback or receivers to keep us honest like they did. You guys will probably get a game plan similar to what we used against the titans and resulted in us effectively shutting down chris johnson.

Flowers is a solid, but not great cover guy. He's alot like andre goodman. The rest of your secondary is pretty average though and there isn't a single elite player back there which is going to be a problem when we come to town.

In the last decade i've watched the patriots more than any team not named the denver broncos, so i actually have a pretty solid idea of what weis and crennel like to do with their prospective teams and how they stack up to the broncos do.

lmao

SOCALORADO.
10-15-2010, 10:46 AM
lmao

Actually his post is pretty spot on.
Although i think the running game in KC is better than he says.

KCL
10-15-2010, 10:50 AM
Actually his post is pretty spot on.
Although i think the running game in KC is better than he says.

No IMO his post isn't spot on...go read what Ravage posted..he makes a post as an overall football fan about KC where Bosco is making statements as a fan of one of our rivals refusing to acknowledge that the Chiefs are doing well and have come a long ways from the past 2 seasons and gives our players no props.
Not a big deal to me...he's called a homer.

KCL
10-15-2010, 12:53 PM
In the last decade I've watched the Patriots more than any team not named the Denver Broncos, so I actually have a pretty solid idea of what Weis and Crennel like to do with their prospective teams and how they stack up to the Broncos do.

I think this part of your post made me laugh the most...:lol::rolleyes:
Watch out Charlie and Romeo..Bosco is on to you guys...LMAO.

Day1BroncoFan
10-15-2010, 01:18 PM
How's Moreno doing so far?

rcsodak
10-15-2010, 02:11 PM
Best news is DT is ok. And what happened to Andre Brown being "out"? Jagswad making shit up? *thought that was my job?* :rolleyes:

Lonestar
10-17-2010, 06:51 AM
So has anyone heard the latest on KM or DT yet?

jhildebrand
10-17-2010, 12:07 PM
Oh I'm a Chief hater. Guilty as charged there. That doesn't stop me from being as objective with them as I am any other team though.

You're aware that Weis and Crennel both left after the 2004 season, right? Josh took over the offense after that, so Crennel has no working experience with what Josh does on offense. Neither does Weis for that matter, as the offense changed completely when Josh took over.

The problem with this is that While your running game is very solid, our defense is capable of holding it in check. Baltimore was the only team to have much success against us on the ground and you don't have the quarterback or receivers to keep us honest like they did. You guys will probably get a game plan similar to what we used against the Titans and resulted in us effectively shutting down Chris Johnson.

Flowers is a solid, but not great cover guy. He's alot like Andre Goodman. The rest of your secondary is pretty average though and there isn't a single elite player back there which is going to be a problem when we come to town.

In the last decade I've watched the Patriots more than any team not named the Denver Broncos, so I actually have a pretty solid idea of what Weis and Crennel like to do with their prospective teams and how they stack up to the Broncos do.

Say what you will about the chiefs but they are young across the board, playing well, aggressive on D and improving every week. More importatnly, I don't hear excuses for lack of performance.