PDA

View Full Version : Reminder - Sirius NFL Radio broadcasting from Broncos Training Camp Tuesday

Tned
08-04-2008, 10:17 PM
Just a reminder to those with Sirius. The afternoon Blitz will be broadcasting from Broncos training camp tomorrow (Tuesday) starting at 12:00 central time. There should be a ton of interviews, as well as discussion about various players.

Sirius channel 124

MOtorboat
08-04-2008, 10:19 PM
Anyway to listen to an archived version if you are not a sirius subscriber?

Tned
08-04-2008, 10:32 PM
Anyway to listen to an archived version if you are not a sirius subscriber?

No, but I think you can get a free 3 day trial of Sirius online at http://www.sirius.com/siriusinternetradio

MOtorboat
08-04-2008, 10:35 PM
No, but I think you can get a free 3 day trial of Sirius online at http://www.sirius.com/siriusinternetradio

lol...well as loyal as I am, I'm sure they won't talk about anything I don't already know...

Tned
08-04-2008, 10:39 PM
lol...well as loyal as I am, I'm sure they won't talk about anything I don't already know...

I think all they do is post one interview on their site. Likely the interview with Shanahan.

Buff
08-04-2008, 11:08 PM
Cool, I'm going to the morning practice tomorrow. First time I've gone to anything at Dove Valley. Hopefully I'll have a report or pictures or something.

mopatt24
08-05-2008, 12:00 AM

Thats what I just did. I'll be listening tomorrow at work

weazel
08-05-2008, 12:40 AM
Just a reminder to those with Sirius. The afternoon Blitz will be broadcasting from Broncos training camp tomorrow (Tuesday) starting at 12:00 central time. There should be a ton of interviews, as well as discussion about various players.

Sirius channel 124

sweet, give me something to listen to while working, dont have to listen to Rome. you can only hear "its not Ryan it's Ryne" so many times.

Do you know if sirius will be broadcasting all the games during the season as well?

PatricktheDookie
08-05-2008, 01:25 AM
Adam Schein did the reporting last year, and it was great.

I signed up for the free trial last year, so I don't think I can get it this year. =(

Tned
08-05-2008, 06:55 AM
Adam Schein did the reporting last year, and it was great.

I signed up for the free trial last year, so I don't think I can get it this year. =(

Second email address...

sweet, give me something to listen to while working, dont have to listen to Rome. you can only hear "its not Ryan it's Ryne" so many times.

Do you know if sirius will be broadcasting all the games during the season as well?

Yes, they broadcast all the games. At least all the Sunday games. I can't remember if they do the Sunday night/Monday night games.

Crush05
08-05-2008, 10:30 AM
I'll be listening!! :salute:

underrated29
08-05-2008, 10:46 AM
Unfortunately I dont get a chance to listen at my work. Too much going on for that.

So if anyone wants to post a brief little synopsis of various things that would be very benevolent of you. Of course, being that this is an interview/radio talk show i completley understand if that is not possible. Due to the length of conversations/interviews and or the time it would take to type out and remember what all was said.

But hey, every little bit helps!

Ps- i am going to go to camp on friday, so i will try to do a little write up.

broncobryce
08-05-2008, 10:48 AM
Yeah, they broadcast every game, plus you can hear it from a broncos sportscaster or the other teams sportscaster. Adam Schein and Mr. Wilcotts are the best, I wish I lived in Denver so I could go meet them. I did think it was wierd that news leaked out about Marshalls suspension right before NFL radio was coming to camp......

MOtorboat
08-05-2008, 11:06 AM
Cool, I'm going to the morning practice tomorrow. First time I've gone to anything at Dove Valley. Hopefully I'll have a report or pictures or something.

Get a job Hippie.

LRtagger
08-05-2008, 11:12 AM
Listening now with the free trial. They are praising everyone on the offense so far (Cutler, Scheff, Young, Torrain, Royal, Marsh, etc).

LRtagger
08-05-2008, 11:31 AM
Just mentioned how impressed they have been with Harris

BroncoJoe
08-05-2008, 11:36 AM
Keep 'em coming, LR! Appreciate it!

Buff
08-05-2008, 11:39 AM
Get a job Hippie.

I've been on vacation for the past week at a family reuinion but purposely left myself a day today to do whatever... Unfortunately, I ended up shutting my alarm off when it went off at 7 this morning, so no pictures or report.

Requiem / The Dagda
08-05-2008, 11:39 AM
Thanks a bunch LT, hope my boy Harris proves people wrong!

LRtagger
08-05-2008, 11:41 AM
They have been talking a LOT about Cutler's arm strength and how impressive he looks. They are talking about how good he is going to be this year now that his diabetes is under control.

About to interview Champ and Doom.

LRtagger
08-05-2008, 11:58 AM
Mike is on now...

Says this will be Jay's breakout year. Said last year everyone thought his weightloss was due to stress. Said his weight is now back and stable and his arm looks great.

On BMarsh - Mike told Brandon not to worry about the suspension because he has no control over what Goodell does, but he needs to take care of what he can control and that is to stay out of trouble. Says he knows Brandon is a good kid and he thinks he is "getting it" now. Talked about his g/f (the hoodrat). Says they were together since 7th/8th grade, but couldnt comment. On his play - Says he is a great worker.

On Young - Talks about low expectations and how he stepped up last year after Henry was out. Talks about his offseason conditioning and the weight he has put on. Says he weighs 215 and still has burst. Says this is the best RB depth he has had since he has been in Denver.

On Scheff - Has played great now that he is healthy. Great hands and has become a better blocker. Needs to stay healthy.

On Clady - Nothing but praise. Refers to Hall of Fame (kind of in jest). Talks about rookie growing pains, but he says he has never coached a rook OL that has done this well before. Says he is quiet off the field, just comes out and does his thing on the field.

On DL - Says he probably knows who will start, but has 6 guys competing for 1st team. DRob had his best day of camp this morning. Thomas will be very good this year in his second season. Peterson has looked good. Clemmens has improved, etc.

On Run D - Going back to what we did in the past to stop the run and why it is important to stop the run. Feels more confident in the run defense.

On McCree - Has been an elite DB in camp. Talks about Lynch how he wanted him to stay in camp because he could be starting by the season's start, but glad we picked up McCree.

On Prater - Great kickoffs and very consistant. Only missed one kick today, but was a botched snap. Very confident in him.

LRtagger
08-05-2008, 12:12 PM
Champ on now...

Working on bump & run coverage and getting better. Secondary is much improved this year. McCree has impressed in camp as a vet. Hamza is stepping up to be a young star.

Surprised that John left, but not surprised that John was upset about not starting. Said he couldn't imagine being on the roster and not playing.

Improvements to run D - Scheme is simpler. Talking about how not everyone was on the same page last year because of the scheme. Will be different this year.

Most impressive D player in camp - Thomas has impressed Champ. Webster has been impressive.

Oak vs. Den - who has the better secondary? Has respect for them, but they have a lot to prove before they can say they are where Champ and Bly are.

Got to go grab lunch now...will update with more when i get back.

LRtagger
08-05-2008, 01:17 PM
Foxy and McCree on now...

Fox says he is trying to establish himslf as a corner and not a utility guy. Says he leads the team in breakups and ints this camp.

McCree talks about how they are much more solid against the run. Lots of depth at all positions. Says 7 on 7 is like a real game. Says it will carry over to the season.

Says Cutler is taking his game to another level. Ball placement and decision making has improved. Placing balls away from DBs. Starting to feel more comfortable. Says this camp he has NOT been staring receivers down which was a problem last year (I've been hearing from fans that he has not improved on this).

Says Rivers talks too much and Jay holds himself with more class. Says teammates didnt care for his mouth, either. Now that he is on the opposing team he really won't like it, but will use his play on the field to shut him up.

On BMarsh - Soft hands and great routes. Both Brandon's will have a great season. Brandon is a great teammate. Humble guy. Very polite and respectful. Very difficult to jam at the line. In a couple years he will be the best receiver in the league. Catches like a WR, but runs like a FB.

On raising money for DWill charity - painful loss, trying to turn it into a positive. Finally able to smile when Darrent's name is mentioned. Strengthening community and youth of Denver. Fox is teaching a creative writing class at the boys and girls club.

LRtagger
08-05-2008, 01:19 PM
I listened to Champ and DJax, but was kind of in and out during it. DJax does not come across as very intelligent. Talked about how great Royal looks. How much depth at WR they have.

Champ pretty much said the same thing Fox and McCree said.

LRtagger
08-05-2008, 01:30 PM
Scheff on...

Talking about his size on the field (6'5 - 250) and creating one-on-one matchups. Finally looks and feels 100% healthy. Finally able to get his foot behind him. Played through it all last season with pain. Tweaked it again in OTAs, but it finally feels 100%.

Talking about Jay finally being healthy too. Great chemistry with Jay. Had 49 catches last year, with none in the first 4 games. Should have much better stats this year.

All new guys are stepping up and will play a big part this year. Royal having a great camp. Fast, strong, and confident. Will have an impact on offense and ST.

BMarsh looks good. With him out guys will have to step up. DJax and Colbert, Royal, himself. When he is on the field he is a beast. Great guy off the field, just had problems with the ex-gf. Looks like that is behind him now.

Torrain seems like a prototypical Shanny RB. Good at hitting holes.

Clady's talent is off the charts. Very big and quick. Jay has confidence in him.

Goals for season - Modelling game after Gates, Gonzalez, etc. Goal is to win and get to playoffs. Catch as many balls to help team win (says 70+). Talks about losing to SF in 06. Younger team now, so guys need to step up to make playoffs.

Graham starting to get more involved in the passing game. Great run game guy.

Need to get some work done....will try to update later.

LRtagger
08-05-2008, 02:05 PM
was dropping a deuce and missed the end...they are at Jags camp now.

NightTrainLayne
08-05-2008, 02:22 PM
Need to get some work done....will try to update later.

30 min. later. . .

was dropping a deuce . . .

:confused: That's what passes for work at your job? :D

LRtagger
08-05-2008, 02:24 PM
:laugh:

I play brickbreaker on my phone while I'm on the bowl...I lose track of time.