PDA

View Full Version : Sean Merriman???

LTC Pain
10-14-2010, 09:05 AM
I heard on TV this morning ESPN reporting that when Sean Merriman is healthy the Chargers are going to release him. Coach McD isn't into players with baggage/issues but given how shorthanded the Broncos are at LB maybe he should reconsider. Even if the Broncos play a 4-3 we still have little depth at LB. I never bought into the "change of scenery" to get the best out of a player but we do need help. And Merriman had some sacks his first three years in the NFL.

Mike
10-14-2010, 09:14 AM
No way would I want that bum in Orange and Blue.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-14-2010, 09:14 AM
Last night John Clayton was talking about Merriman, and he said that Chicago, Washington, he mentioned another team I can not remember, and possibly Denver would be looking at Merriman.

camdisco24
10-14-2010, 09:15 AM
I'm not a fan of the guy at all. Total jerk...
but we do need the help right now.............

Northman
10-14-2010, 10:17 AM
I heard on TV this morning ESPN reporting that when Sean Merriman is healthy the Chargers are going to release him. Coach McD isn't into players with baggage/issues but given how shorthanded the Broncos are at LB maybe he should reconsider. Even if the Broncos play a 4-3 we still have little depth at LB. I never bought into the "change of scenery" to get the best out of a player but we do need help. And Merriman had some sacks his first three years in the NFL.

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183687

MasterShake
10-14-2010, 10:22 AM
I'm not a fan of the guy at all. Total jerk...
but we do need the help right now.............

If he came here I honestly wouldn't care either way. He's a Romanowski type, where you like him as a teammate and hate him on another team.

TXBRONC
10-14-2010, 10:33 AM
When a team releases one of their own high draft picks it's important to find out why. The last I heard his skills seem to have fallen off the face of the earth. If that's the case would really be of any help to us?
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

KCL
10-14-2010, 10:49 AM
When a team releases one of their own high draft picks it's important to find out why. The last I heard his skills seem to have fallen off the face of the earth. If that's the case would really be of any help to us?

I blame Tila.

Traveler
10-14-2010, 10:54 AM
I blame Tila.

Women can have that type of effect on men. Just ask Tiger.;):D

SOCALORADO.
10-14-2010, 10:55 AM
I blame Tila.

The rest of us blame his lack of steroids.

Traveler
10-14-2010, 10:56 AM
The rest of us blame his lack of steroids.

This too!

dogfish
10-14-2010, 10:58 AM
Sean Merriman???

yea, he sucks. . . what about him?

tomjonesrocks
10-14-2010, 11:20 AM
Merriman is looking to get paid. He was unwilling to play at whatever full speed he has left because he wasn't making the kind of cash he felt he was entitled to. He's Brandon Marshall on the decline.

He may or may not blow up for someone else but he wants his money up front. Though this team could certainly use pass rush help I can't imagine this organization interested.

Then you have the steroids thing...

Maybe he would be willing to come in on the cheap to play in New York. He's not a viable option for Denver.

rcsodak
10-14-2010, 11:28 AM
4sacks the last how many.years?
JWilliams knows him better than anybody else. He should be the one being asked, imo.

rationalfan
10-14-2010, 11:46 AM
4sacks the last how many.years?
JWilliams knows him better than anybody else. He should be the one being asked, imo.

uh, i'm thinking tila knows him a little better. i'd say ask her, but please keep that tabloid trainwreck from dove valley. she creates the kind of drama that makes BMarsh seem boring.

CHARLIEADAMSFAN
10-14-2010, 01:54 PM
uh, i'm thinking tila knows him a little better. i'd say ask her, but please keep that tabloid trainwreck from dove valley. she creates the kind of drama that makes BMarsh seem boring.

I love how the threads more about Tila and Merriman than the Broncos and him haha

rationalfan
10-14-2010, 02:00 PM
I love how the threads more about Tila and Merriman than the Broncos and him haha

frankly, i think there's a greater chance merriman and tila reconnect, than he signs with the broncos.

arapaho2
10-14-2010, 02:48 PM

im sure he's better than moss

dogfish
10-14-2010, 03:35 PM
im sure he's better than moss

why?

i mean, i know he USED TO BE a hell of a lot better than moss, but tell me anything about his production the last two years that indicates he's any better now. . .

slim
10-14-2010, 03:38 PM
why?

i mean, i know he USED TO BE a hell of a lot better than moss, but tell me anything about his production the last two years that indicates he's any better now. . .

I agree, dog.

We need to get Moss some steriods.

dogfish
10-14-2010, 03:41 PM
I agree, dog.

probably not a bad idea. . .

arapaho2
10-14-2010, 03:55 PM
why?

really?

moss career

30 games played in ....27 tckles...3.5 sacks

merriman 09...14 games ...36 tackles..4.0 sacks

dogfish
10-14-2010, 03:56 PM
really?

moss career

30 games played in ....27 tckles...3.5 sacks

merriman 09...14 games ...36 tackles..4.0 sacks

yes, really. . .

arapaho2
10-14-2010, 04:29 PM
yes, really. . .

i dunno..comeing off a season ending injury...without roids...he showed still more than moss in his entire career

no doom...no ayers...moss is underwhelming....i wouldnt turn merriman away for a short fix

Superchop 7
10-14-2010, 04:50 PM
For the right price, I'd get him.

rcsodak
10-14-2010, 05:02 PM
For the right price, I'd get him.
I hear you'll do alot for 'the right price'. :D

Superchop 7
10-14-2010, 05:14 PM
Currently, my price is a 12 pack.

For that price.......I would take Jarron Gilbert off the Jets practice squad. Now THAT would be fun. (pick his brain, plus I like the kid)

TXBRONC
10-14-2010, 07:54 PM
I agree, dog.

If Moss all of the sudden started going ape shits with sacks there won't be anything random about him peeing in a cup.

I Eat Staples
10-14-2010, 09:27 PM
I thought of us signing Merriman as soon as I heard he was released. He's still way better than Hunter, Moss, and Mays...

Bosco
10-14-2010, 09:53 PM
There's no point. Not only is he borderline starter material at this point, but the chances of him going anywhere for a 1 year rental are almost nil and he certainly has no shot at beating out Doom or Ayers in 2011.

micro
10-14-2010, 10:05 PM
I believe they would look into getting merriman, but the guy needs to decide if he is going to focus on football. In the little bit we have seen, and read about him the guy seams to have forgot what got him to be such a dominate player in the first place. I am all in for a feel good come back story, but they are hard to come by. Who knows though, by the time he is released and the way the injuries are getting us, we may be just looking for a body to fill a whole!!

gnomeflinger
10-14-2010, 10:09 PM
I don't know. When he has played, he's done well, but he hasn't played consistently in the past few years. McD's been recruiting players of a higher moral standard (which, IMO, is the key reason behind grabbing Tebow in the first round). I don't see Merriman as fitting into that group. But I could be wrong.

gnomeflinger
10-14-2010, 10:17 PM
I still say no. He'll be a freakin Fader before he's a Bronco. If I'm wrong and he does become a Bronco, I'll... oh never mind. This is public viewing. I'm not gonna go there. :D

TXBRONC
10-15-2010, 04:45 PM
I still say no. He'll be a freakin Fader before he's a Bronco. If I'm wrong and he does become a Bronco, I'll... oh never mind. This is public viewing. I'm not gonna go there. :D

Well if Denver does sign him let's all hope it's a wise move that benefits the team. Btw I'm not in favor of such a move but if should then I hope it works out.

arapaho2
10-15-2010, 05:02 PM
all i know is with ayers and certainly without him we are getting zero qb pressure...none....to get a guy who knows he will be basically auditioning for future contracts, for the remaining this season...would be nothing but a benefit for us...he certainly cant be any worse than what we have and would be basicaly a stop gap until doom comes back and when or if ayers emerges

Superchop 7
10-15-2010, 05:26 PM
all i know is with ayers and certainly without him we are getting zero qb pressure...none....to get a guy who knows he will be basically auditioning for future contracts, for the remaining this season...would be nothing but a benefit for us...he certainly cant be any worse than what we have and would be basicaly a stop gap until doom comes back and when or if ayers emerges

__________________________________________________ _____________________________________________

BINGO we have a winner!

NorthernLights
10-15-2010, 07:14 PM
A little inside info on SM, he doesn't have any moves to get around a blocker. He has (or had) a bit of speed, but if you watch his technique, it hasn't ever changed from the very first day. He can't do a swim move, or a rip, or inside, or dip, or anything. It worked for him right up until there was enough tape to figure out his one trick pony.

Much like a new QB that bursts onto the scene and flames out once teams get a couple of weeks of film, like Scott Mitchell, Rob Johnson, Derek Anderson, etc.

Someone will take a chance on him, but he won't get that fat contract he so desires. Stick a fork in him.

TXBRONC
10-16-2010, 05:48 AM
A little inside info on SM, he doesn't have any moves to get around a blocker. He has (or had) a bit of speed, but if you watch his technique, it hasn't ever changed from the very first day. He can't do a swim move, or a rip, or inside, or dip, or anything. It worked for him right up until there was enough tape to figure out his one trick pony.

Much like a new QB that bursts onto the scene and flames out once teams get a couple of weeks of film, like Scott Mitchell, Rob Johnson, Derek Anderson, etc.

Someone will take a chance on him, but he won't get that fat contract he so desires. Stick a fork in him.

Is that he can't or is that he has just never taken the time to try and develop an arsenal of moves?

jhildebrand
10-16-2010, 10:28 AM
This team needs help at LB bad. I just hope it isn't so bad that we bring in Merriman.

Also, it would fly in the face of all the moral and character stuff McDaniels has tried to instill.

Finally, SM shut it down to prevent injury in SD over contract concerns. Why would he play his tail off for a new team without a contract? :confused: The burden has been on SM to prove he can still play and he has yet to show he can do that.

I would rather rob a PS player.