PDA

View Full Version : New York Jets Set Cruise Control For The Denver Broncos at Mile High

Jagsbch
10-14-2010, 08:40 AM
http://www.nypost.com/rw/nypost/2009/09/21/sports/photos_stories/cropped/bart_scott--300x300.jpg

J-E-T-S sacks sacks sacks...

Brett Favre was sacked 4 times against the vaunted Jets defense. This does not bode well for Kyle Orton who has been sacked 7 times in the past two games, especially with all of the exotic blitzes the Jets dive bombers have in store.

They say games are won and lost in the trenches. Well when you add the Jets stout fourth ranked rushing defense to the superb performance of their No.1 ranked rushing offense, well it is no wonder the Jets put the beat down on the Vikings, Bills, Dolphins, and Patriots.

The New York Jets are 4-1. Jets possess the leagues No.3 rated scoring offense and No.9 rated scoring defense. Only one other team in the league has both units rated in the top ten

Broncos fan has been daunted seeing his once heralded rushing offense ranked worst in the league @ 32 on the verge of facing the No. 1 rushing offense.

And the hits just keep coming for Broncos fan, the rushing defense that gave up 3 touchdown's and 200 yards to Ray Rice and Willis McGahee, faces a familiar foe in Ladainian Tomlinson who clearly has once again assumed the explosive throw back role that had him esteemed as one of the best to ever play the game.

Jets are a well balanced team and that most certainly includes their special teams...

Andrew Burton/Getty Images Nick Folk was named AFC special teams player of the week. Folk helped the sputtering Jets rise above the dismally inefficient redzone offense that went 0-4 against the Vikings on that wet and dreary Monday.

There is no way however that we can allow Folk to get all the special teams credit, especially when you consider just how valuable field positioning is to a field goal Kicker.

Punter Steve Weatherford had another excellent game, he booted 7 punts, four punts dove inside the 20, and 4 soared for an average of over 50 yards each.

Broncos special teams have not been the exception to the rule, they too are aiming the broncos struggling units.

Broncos defense took another huge hit this week, Safety Brian Dawkins and Outside LinebackerRobert Ayers are out with injuries for quiet a few weeks. Starting CB Andre Goodman has also been ruled out for this game.

Jets 0-4 in the redzone that is nothing compared to the 0-11 red zone attempts the Broncos have had in the past 3 games. While the Broncos are at zero in the turn over category, Jets lead the league with plus 11 having a quarterback in Mark Sanchez who has yet to throw an interception this season.

Broncos having played two physical back to back games, between the Ravens and Titans could use a bye week, not another tough and physical game with the moral of this team being at what could very well indeed be an all time low, while on the brink of going 4-14 in their last 16 games with Kyle Orton at the helm.

Jim Rogash/Getty Images While the Broncos find themselves trotting along with a gimp as far as wins go, Jets are soaring, while looking to enter their bye week after the game on a high note.

The Jets' 4 win streak, 3 of which where gained from their divisional rivals, has them cruising with great moment while in complete control of their destiny.

Situational awareness factor has got to be completely polarized between that of Josh McDaniels and Rex Ryan; I mean whose film room do you want to be in when preparing for the opponent at hand this week?

http://www.thejetsblog.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/126805455741_rhodes_tn.jpg

At the rate things are going, given the disposition of the Broncos disparity on the Jets horizon, one can't help but wonder just how far the Jets will fly when they do take off at Mile High Sunday.

No way Jet's are looking past the Broncos, yet there is still the any given Sunday Card we can play... (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/490581-new-york-jets-set-cruise-control-for-mile-high-and-the-denver-broncos)

Shazam!
10-14-2010, 08:45 AM
They may be 4-1 but they're still the Jets who are not going to finish 15-1.

I love how the article paints them as the 85' Bears. What could you expect from a NY paper?

Lon Chaney
10-14-2010, 09:16 AM
They may be 4-1 but they're still the Jets who are not going to finish 15-1.

I love how the article paints them as the 85' Bears. What could you expect from a NY paper?

This is a bleacher report article, not a NY newspaper article.

And you're right, they are not the '85 Bears and they are not going to finish 15-1.

However, this team seems to be focused, putting the Hard Knocks/Mexican Reporter/Edwards DWI distractions behind them. I have a feeling Ryan will have them extra motivated with the bye coming up.

If they can get pressure on Orton by bringing 5 or less, then the schemes in the secondary may be able to confuse the Broncos. If it takes more than 5 and the Broncos pick up the rushers, then it could be a long day on the back end of the Gang Green defense.

missingnumber7
10-14-2010, 09:57 AM
They should've lost on Monday Night. They have been lucky several times with teams making mistakes. If Orton comes in and plays the game he is capable of playing I think that we will be just fine. I'm not saying their D isn't good, nor am I saying that their O isn't good. But they aren't as physical as the past 2 teams we have played, and I think that if we slow down LT, we are going to set the table for a good game. The D has to come to play and the Crowd needs to make noise.

Ravage!!!
10-14-2010, 10:00 AM
They should've lost on Monday Night. They have been lucky several times with teams making mistakes. If Orton comes in and plays the game he is capable of playing I think that we will be just fine. I'm not saying their D isn't good, nor am I saying that their O isn't good. But they aren't as physical as the past 2 teams we have played, and I think that if we slow down LT, we are going to set the table for a good game. The D has to come to play and the Crowd needs to make noise.

I'm a bit confused on how you figure they should have lost on Monday Night? They completely dominated that game from the opening snap.

Northman
10-14-2010, 10:11 AM

I would say their defensive pressure helped create a lot of those mistakes. As for being physical, i think the Ravens can attest to them being physical as they just barely beat that same Jets team. Im still amazed that so many people think that this team isnt one of the best in the league. I guess its good for NY because the more people overlook and underappreciate them the more they will keep winning. I envy the talent they have right now and especially would love to be 4-1 at this point. Even if you think they are winning ugly they are at least winning and thats all that matters in the NFL.

missingnumber7
10-14-2010, 10:16 AM
I'm a bit confused on how you figure they should have lost on Monday Night? They completely dominated that game from the opening snap.

Maybe its all the vikings crap I'm forced to listen to. But you take out the Favre fumble early in the 3rd which was before the Vikes had scored at all, and it takes a FG off the board for the jets, who knows what they do with that drive.

Favre makes the correct read and throws the ball in the right places in the middle of the 4th, or even throws deep to Harvin instead of throwing to Shancoe who gets picked for 6 which made it 29-20...if they drive down and score its 22-23/27 and the jets get the ball back with less than 1 min left if any time left at all. I don't see how it was a blow out unless you stopped watching at half time.

missingnumber7
10-14-2010, 10:18 AM
I would say their defensive pressure helped create a lot of those mistakes. As for being physical, i think the Ravens can attest to them being physical as they just barely beat that same Jets team. Im still amazed that so many people think that this team isnt one of the best in the league. I guess its good for NY because the more people overlook and underappreciate them the more they will keep winning. I envy the talent they have right now and especially would love to be 4-1 at this point. Even if you think they are winning ugly they are at least winning and thats all that matters in the NFL.

Its not that I don't think they are good...its that I think they are beatable. And very much so. They take chances on defense, and have not gotten caught in bad situations yet.

frenchfan
10-14-2010, 10:21 AM
I would say their defensive pressure helped create a lot of those mistakes. As for being physical, i think the Ravens can attest to them being physical as they just barely beat that same Jets team. Im still amazed that so many people think that this team isnt one of the best in the league. I guess its good for NY because the more people overlook and underappreciate them the more they will keep winning. I envy the talent they have right now and especially would love to be 4-1 at this point. Even if you think they are winning ugly they are at least winning and thats all that matters in the NFL.I agree... Jets are a good team... Very good D and well balanced O with a QB who is doing his job...

Our running game? Don't count on that... We are horrible and Jets D is good against that.
If Orton has some time to throw... can avoid the pressure and read the Jets D's schemes... we could be not that bad in that category (after all we threw for more than 300 yards against the best pass D last week).

But I still don't believe in our D... And look how we are banged up for the game... No safety... not a lot of OLB... Not a good sign...
DO you really think we'll stop LaDaniam & co???? Look at Flacco early in the game vs us... Sanchez will be fine... He's not afraid to be pressured by our D (did someone see some QB pressure so far??? :confused: )...

I'm a Broncos fan and I really hope we'll win... But I don't really expect it... I'll be happy if we can make it a dogfight...

Ravage!!!
10-14-2010, 10:23 AM
Maybe its all the vikings crap I'm forced to listen to. But you take out the Favre fumble early in the 3rd which was before the Vikes had scored at all, and it takes a FG off the board for the jets, who knows what they do with that drive.

Favre makes the correct read and throws the ball in the right places in the middle of the 4th, or even throws deep to Harvin instead of throwing to Shancoe who gets picked for 6 which made it 29-20...if they drive down and score its 22-23/27 and the jets get the ball back with less than 1 min left if any time left at all. I don't see how it was a blow out unless you stopped watching at half time.

If the dog didn't stop to take a crap, he would have won the race.

Thats a TON of IFs you just listed. None of which have a counter of the "IFs" from the NY side. I'm sure they have a few IFs of their own that could be pointed out.

The Jets dominated that game. Did the Vikings make a good effort in the 4th quarter, yes. But it came after being completely dominated in the first 2.75 quarters of the game.

The Jets completely man-handled the Vikings, and the difference in that game for Minnesota was a guy by the name of Adrian Peterson. If the Vikings didn't have him running over their defensive players, it would have been a MUCH bigger domination.

We don't have an Adrian Peterson on the roster. We don't even have an Adrian Peterson that plays for Chicago, on the roster.

Northman
10-14-2010, 10:24 AM
Its not that I don't think they are good...its that I think they are beatable. And very much so. They take chances on defense, and have not gotten caught in bad situations yet.

Every team is beatable but some teams are in much better positions to make a serious run and win consistently. Denver just isnt one of them. Last year we beat teams like New England and Dallas, then lost to Oakland and KC. Its the same MO that we've had for the last few years and so far it hasnt changed much. But Denver would extremely foolish to take NY softly.

Northman
10-14-2010, 10:27 AM
I agree... Jets are a good team... Very good D and well balanced O with a QB who is doing his job...

Our running game? Don't count on that... We are horrible and Jets D is good against that.
If Orton has some time to throw... can avoid the pressure and read the Jets D's schemes... we could be not that bad in that category (after all we threw for more than 300 yards against the best pass D last week).

But I still don't believe in our D... And look how we are banged up for the game... No safety... not a lot of OLB... Not a good sign...
DO you really think we'll stop LaDaniam & co???? Look at Flacco early in the game vs us... Sanchez will be fine... He's not afraid to be pressured by our D (did someone see some QB pressure so far??? :confused: )...

I'm a Broncos fan and I really hope we'll win... But I don't really expect it... I'll be happy if we can make it a dogfight...

Exactly, with so much youth and now INJURIES its a pretty high order for us to be able to beat that squad. Sure, offensively we SHOULD be able to move the ball like we did on the Ravens but there's that tricky thing called the redzone that we constantly have problems with. I said it in another thread, Denver would have to play "perfect" football and the Jets would have to totally overlook us for us to win. Denver didnt do any favors last week with all the penalties they had and if they dont at least fix that aspect we are in for a long day.

FanInAZ
10-14-2010, 10:30 AM

That may be true, but they can't take credit for Favre fumbling those two snaps.

Ravage!!!
10-14-2010, 10:31 AM
In my opinion, the Jets are the best team in the NFL right now.

Doesn't mean they aren't beatable. There is only one team to go through the entire season and not be beaten. All the years of having GREAT great teams, and they all lost at least one game. So yeah, the Jets are beatable.

Teams that are top in the league ALWAYS get beat by lesser rated teams (see what I did there... if they are tops, then everyone is rated below them ;) ) so we have a "chance" of beating them. But with the fact that our OL is bad, our defense isn't as good as I thought against the run, our continued lack of of a pass rush and the absolute complete non-existent running game.... I certainly don't think we have a LARGE chance of being that team.

But... there is always that sliver. They are coming off a late Monday night with a travel clear across the nation to a stadium that has very thin air. All of that works for us.

BroncoWave
10-14-2010, 10:31 AM
Every team is beatable but some teams are in much better positions to make a serious run and win consistently. Denver just isnt one of them. Last year we beat teams like New England and Dallas, then lost to Oakland and KC. Its the same MO that we've had for the last few years and so far it hasnt changed much. But Denver would extremely foolish to take NY softly.

I feel pretty safe in saying that sitting at 2-3, Denver isn't taking anyone softly.

Northman
10-14-2010, 10:32 AM
That may be true, but they can't take credit for Favre fumbling those two snaps.

Yea, but the Jets very good defense goes beyond the Viking game. They were still able to pressure Favre and sacked him 4 times. They had Brett on edge all night.

Lon Chaney
The Jets offense has put up 31.5 pts/game since the loss to Baltimore. Their defense and special teams put them in good field position for most of the game.

Again, I think this is a one score game in the 4th quarter. The Jets leave themselves open for the big play on every 2nd or 3rd and long. I think Orton will hit Lloyd, Royal and Gaffney a few times for 20+ yards. But with all this talk of Tomlinson's resurgense, don't be surprised when it's Shonn Green racking up yards in the 3rd quarter. He is a beast of a man who constantly rips off dozens of YAC every week.

Ravage!!!

No.. but that doesn't mean that the Vikings score on those drives since they hadn't scored yet.

Ravage!!!
10-14-2010, 10:34 AM
The Jets offense has put up 31.5 pts/game since the loss to Baltimore. Their defense and special teams put them in good field position for most of the game.

Again, I think this is a one score game in the 4th quarter. The Jets leave themselves open for the big play on every 2nd or 3rd and long. I think Orton will hit Lloyd, Royal and Gaffney a few times for 20+ yards. But with all this talk of Tomlinson's resurgense, don't be surprised when it's Shonn Green racking up yards in the 3rd quarter. He is a beast of a man who constantly rips off dozens of YAC every week.

Good post. I honestly think we'll be more than one score down, but I agree with everything else. I think it will be Green that takes a long one to the house, just like against the Vikings.

Northman
10-14-2010, 10:37 AM

Thats my worry.

we had problems with Ray Rice and with McGahee when he was spelling Rice. With LT and Greene its just another double headed problem that we have to deal with. Now, with one of our best run stoppers in Dawkins and our only real pass rusher right now with Ayers out that just leaves Sanchez all day to find a receiver. And isnt Holmes due back? Thats a tough order for a team struggling.

KCL
10-14-2010, 10:39 AM

I get a kick out of these kind of post...fumbles/picks are all part of the game...if this and if that...cracks me up.

I guess I should be able to say that the Colts should have lost to the Chiefs..IF we scored TDs instead of FGs and IF Bowe hadn't dropped 2 passes..one for a sure TD in the EZ...then the Chiefs would have won..well we didn't win and the Vikes didn't beat the Jets for a lot of reasons.

Good Lord..stop with the IFs and the excuses...it's BS...IMO.

Lon Chaney
10-14-2010, 10:47 AM
Thats my worry.

we had problems with Ray Rice and with McGahee when he was spelling Rice. With LT and Greene its just another double headed problem that we have to deal with. Now, with one of our best run stoppers in Dawkins and our only real pass rusher right now with Ayers out that just leaves Sanchez all day to find a receiver. And isnt Holmes due back? Thats a tough order for a team struggling.

He came back against the Vikings and had 3 catches for 41 yards. However, he was targeted 9 times. Interestingly, all 3 of his catches went for fist downs on slant patterns.

Trust me, the Jets want to run the ball. If Rex Ryan could, he would run the ball 60 times a game. They only ran the ball 30 or so times last week, and Ryan wasn't happy about that (they threw the ball 44 times). They were getting stuffed a lot on first down, making it harder to run on second and third.

If the Jets can consistently get 4-5 yards running the ball on first down, I think they will rush over 40 times. Also, Sanchez leads the league (as he did last year) with the % of passes off the play action.

Honestly, its the DEFENSE I'm worried about. I would never had said this last year, but the O is outperforming the D right now.

Italianmobstr7
10-14-2010, 11:03 AM
This article is trash. It was written by Jags. There's a ton of spelling errors and mistakes and shouldnt be taken seriously. He even points out AGAIN Orton's record which he still isn't right about. Last year Orton was 8-7 as a starter. This year he's 2-3. That's a 10-10 record.Not sure where you're getting 4-14... Stop trying to go off PART of last season and all of this season. Thats not how it works. While you were correct about Denver giving up 7 sacks in the past 2 games you didn't mention that we gave up only 1 to a great Ravens defense. A huge improvement from the week before vs Tennessee which despite 6 sacks and no running game, our defense and KYLE ORTON lead us to victory. Something your precious Tim Tebow could not have done. The Jets will be a tough game to win. We need to get ahead early and get the crowd really into it. Our O needs to execute and we need to stop the run. Playing the Jets isn't going to fix our running game, I'm almost positive. With a gimpy or no Revis at all we should be able to pass on them. Even w Revis in I like our matchup of Royal vs their rookie CB Kyle Wilson. Should be a good game if Denver can get on the board first. If they take the crowd out of it and we can't stop the run again though, we're in for a long day.
Go Broncos! Bring back the Orange Crush D for Orange Sunday!

Ravage!!!
10-14-2010, 11:09 AM
Thats funny. I realize now that I never read any posts made by Jags and just skipped his opening post and responded to everyone else.

BroncoWave
10-14-2010, 11:18 AM
Broncos having played two physical back to back games, between the Ravens and Titans could use a bye week, not another tough and physical game with the moral of this team being at what could very well indeed be an all time low, while on the brink of going 4-14 in their last 16 games with Kyle Orton at the helm.

Didn't major in math I see! :lol:

OrangeHoof
10-14-2010, 11:33 AM
We have some intangibles here. We're playing them at home when they've had a short week and coming off an emotional game. There's no denying we are a broken down shell of what we ought to be on both sides of the ball but if we get a few breaks and get up early, I can see the altitude sucking some life out of them in the fourth quarter. Whatever the line is, I'd take Denver even if they don't win outright.

Ravage!!!
10-14-2010, 11:40 AM

Last year Orton was 8-7 as a starter. This year he's 2-3. That's a 10-10 record.Not sure where you're getting 4-14...

The Broncos over the last 16 games are 5-11. If we take out the Washington game of last season because Orton didn't technically start, then over the last 15 games we are 5-10. Thats where he got his numbers, although he still missed the mark, especially since his 4-14=18 games to begin with. Jags is proving why people dont' read his posts :salute:

rcsodak
10-14-2010, 12:18 PM
I got a kick out of hohe proclaimed the greatness of nyj's offense in one paragraph then follows up with how they sludgling along and o-4 RZ vs Minn. Talk about Bi-Polar. Lol
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

KCL
10-14-2010, 12:24 PM
I got a kick out of hohe proclaimed the greatness of nyj's offense in one paragraph then follows up with how they sludgling along and o-4 RZ vs Minn. Talk about Bi-Polar. Lol

Jags is IMO a fan of whomever is playing against the Broncos.

BroncoWave
10-14-2010, 12:35 PM

Until Tebow is starting that is.

KCL
10-14-2010, 12:40 PM
Until Tebow is starting that is.

I thought about that and he'd be the type that if/when Tebow starts...he'd be blaming everyone else on the team for any losses...:lol:

Lonestar
10-14-2010, 12:51 PM
. But Denver would extremely foolish to take NY softly.

I doubt that anyone in the M.A.S.H. Unit is taking any team softly.

I suspect that they are looking at game film and see that NYJ are a good team.

Lonestar
10-14-2010, 01:01 PM

Only if timmy is not playing.

Jagsbch
10-14-2010, 01:18 PM
Nothing like a good ol fashion Beach bash...:D

rcsodak
10-14-2010, 01:51 PM
Nothing like a good ol fashion Beach bash...:D
With you the ball. :coffee:

Jagsbch
10-14-2010, 03:54 PM
rotoworld.com...

Broncos RB Andre Brown has been ruled out for Week 6 with an "illness."

OrangeHoof
10-14-2010, 05:48 PM
Jetophobia?

Jagsbch
10-14-2010, 07:33 PM
No, but its nice to see what this looks like on paper before they play. You can't let the paper scare ya...

Jagsbch
10-14-2010, 07:47 PM
Speaking of paper, Jets haven't give up any points in the first quarter of any game this season.

jhildebrand
10-14-2010, 09:09 PM
The Broncos should play Tebow at RB this week.

Jagsbch
10-15-2010, 09:25 AM
Here is a list ranking teams by the desparity they possess between points fielded and points allowed so far this season.

Jets are ranked No.1 as they lead the league in fielding more points than they have allowed their opponents. BTW when I said 'Only one other team in the league has both units rated in the top ten' it was the Falcons that I was referring too. Imagine that they are the second ranked team on this list.

Top Ten

54 New York Jets 135 81

43 Atlanta Falcons 113 70

37 Tennessee Titans 132 95

36 San Diego Chargers 140 106

36 Pittsburgh Steelers 86 50

35 Indianapolis Colts 136 101

35 New England Patriots 131 96

30 Green Bay Packers 119 89

23 Oakland Raiders 111 134

20 Baltimore Ravens 92 72

20 Kansas City Chiefs 77 57

19 Philadelphia Eagles 122 103

18 Chicago Bears 92 74

14 Detroit Lions 126 112

13 St. Louis Rams 83 96

8 New York Giants 106 98

-2 Cincinnati Bengals 100 102

-2 Seattle Seahawks 75 77

-3 New Orleans Saints 99 102

-3 Washington Redskins 89 92

-4 Minnesota Vikings 63 67

-6 Dallas Cowboys 81 87

Bottom Ten (has Dallas fighting to stay out)

-6 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 74 80

-12 Denver Broncos 104 116

-18 Houston Texans 118 136

-19 Cleveland Browns 78 97

-26 Miami Dolphins 66 92

-30 Jacksonville Jaguars 107 137

-50 Arizona Cardinals 88 138

-54 San Francisco 49ers 76 130

-58 Carolina Panthers 52 110

-74 Buffalo Bills 87 161

Detroit is ranked pretty high on this list…

Texans are shockingly low

Seeing the Buc's in the bottom ten is interesting.

Jagsbch
10-15-2010, 10:29 AM
Outsider’s View: Denver Broncos, Week Six
By Bassett on Oct 15, 2010, 9:28 am

http://www.thejetsblog.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/orton_thumb.jpg

I know some of you are fond of Football Outsiders, (as am I) so once the season gets underway and trends start developing, looking at an opponent’s rankings on Football Outsiders helps to give fans some perspective on the Jets opponent for this weekend and what to expect.

(As a heads up, negative percentages are good on defense, bad on offense & specials)

Pass Offense: 51.5% (3rd)
Rush Offense: -45.0% (32nd)
O-Line Ranking: Run 32nd / Pass 13th

Analysis: No one is going to take away the fact that the Broncos best part of their game has to be their air attack or that it’s one of the best in the league so far this season. Orton is working on a pace to go for over 5000 yards right now and Brandon Lloyd has just under 600 yards receiving in just five games. Josh McDaniels is proving that with inferior talent (no Cutler, no Marshall) he can still put together one of the best passing attacks in the league. The problem of course, is that this is the quintessence of what a one-dimensional offense looks like. According to Outsiders, the Broncos are dead last in the NFL in their efficiency in running the ball.

This is great news for the Jets, who even without Darrelle Revis can lean their scheme more heavily towards a pass defensive unit, meaning de-activation of some backup linemen in favor of defensive backs to combat the spread style looks that the Broncos like to throw at opponents. The Jets should plan to play in nickel and dime packages much of the day to best equip the pass happy Broncos. As far as pressure, the Jets are going to have their work cut out for them. While Orton is third in the league with 12 sacks, he also is way ahead of the league with 213 pass attempts so far … 10 more than any other player in the league and almost 70 more attempts than Jets QB Mark Sanchez. In other words, the Broncos OL does a great job of protecting their QB for as much as he drops back.

If the Jets can disrupt Orton’s timing, it will be key to the Jets short-circuiting the Broncos passing game. Look for the Jets to do what they always do, show exotic overload blitzing with oddball personnel (nickel corners, safeties) to overwhelm a pretty solid Broncos line.

Pass Defense: 31.9% (28th)
Rush Defense: 9.7% (30th)
D-Line Ranking: Run 25th / Pass 31st

Analysis: This defensive unit needs help, and with five key contributors on defense unable to go in this contest, the Jets should be able to move the ball at will on this unit, whether on the ground or through the air. Basically, it’s looks like it’s going to be a Nacho & Schotty “Choose Your Own Adventure” day..

On the ground, the Jets should be able to work their magic to get LaDainian & Shonn to the second level, so I’d expect to see days of 4.5 YPC average for both of those guys.

In the air, the Jets are going to have a lot of choices. With FS Brian Dawkins out, and CB Darcel McBath sitting, the Jets are going to be able to pick their targets, and should have the time to find the open man, often during the day. Look for Braylon Edwards to potentially have a big day, while Sanchez seems to gravitate to Dustin Keller when the field compacts into the Red Zone.

Special Teams: -2.8% (27th)
Analysis: The Broncos are not very good at their coverage game in punts and kicks. Look for the Jets to be starting their drives in favorable position to make for shorter offensive drives for Mark Sanchez and the offense.

The Jets blog.com (http://www.thejetsblog.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/orton_thumb.jpg)

Jagsbch
10-15-2010, 10:32 AM
While Orton is third in the league with 12 sacks, he also is way ahead of the league with 213 pass attempts so far … 10 more than any other player in the league and almost 70 more attempts than Jets QB Mark Sanchez. In other words, the Broncos OL does a great job of protecting their QB for as much as he drops back.

This is one of the reasons I have an issues with people wanting to blame the offensiveline for the lack of a rushing offense...

Ravage!!!
10-15-2010, 10:50 AM
This is one of the reasons I have an issues with people wanting to blame the offensiveline for the lack of a rushing offense...

because you feel that since they have been good at pass protection, they should be good run blockers?

I personally don't completely disagree. I've never understood how we suddenly go from a good rushing team to a completely horrible rushing team in such a quick amount of time.

Jagsbch
10-15-2010, 02:31 PM
Just found another ranking that had the Broncos Offensive line ranked 11th. Jets offensiveline is ranked 1st.

A lot of reasons listed why offensive lines seem to be in decline in the league...

Ranking NFL's Offensive Lines (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/14129204/spread-the-blame-when-examining-bad-oline-play)

1. New York Jets
2. Baltimore Ravens
3. Tennessee Titans
4. New Orleans Saints
5. Atlanta Falcons
6. Miami Dolphins
7. New York Giants
8. Green Bay Packers
9. San Diego Chargers
10. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
11. Denver Broncos
12. Minnesota Vikings
13. Pittsburgh Steelers
14. Kansas City Chiefs
15. New England Patriots
16. Jacksonville Jaguars
17. Cleveland Browns
18. Carolina Panthers
19. Houston Texans
20. Washington Redskins
21. Indianapolis Colts
22. Dallas Cowboys
23. Philadelphia Eagles
24. San Francisco 49ers
25. Cincinnati Bengals
26. St. Louis Rams
27. Arizona Cardinals
28. Detroit Lions
29. Seattle Seahawks
30. Chicago Bears
31. Oakland Raiders
32. Buffalo Bills

Speed of the defenses

It's all about speed on defense now. The faster your defensive players, the better your defense will be.

The NFL has moved away from bigger, stronger defenses and instead the trend is to move to the athletic players who can run.

The big safety is now a linebacker. The big corner is now a safety. The big linebacker is now a down end. The big end is now a tackle.

"Those guys on defense can all run," New York Giants coach Tom Coughlin said. "That makes it tough to hit them. They're fast. They move. They're athletic. It's not like you're just lining up and hitting the big guy in front of you anymore."

That speed makes it easier to get to the quarterback on passing downs. That's why you see smaller defensive ends like the Colts have in Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis.

"It takes time adjusting to all the speed coming at the quarterback," Falcons general manager Thomas Dimitroff said. "And they're coming from all over. It's cornerbacks and safeties. Those are hard guys to block when they're on the move."

rcsodak
10-15-2010, 02:36 PM
going back to the article that Carol posted on Olines.....

What kind of offenses did ZB/JDW come from?

rcsodak
10-15-2010, 03:26 PM
Another question.

Which result is the worst, for the 1st offensive play:

1. Run play stuffed for a 4yd loss-showing they're still unable

or

2. Play action with Orton sacked for 4yd loss-showing the Oline will be in for a long day

or

3. Medium pass vs cromartie picked off-gonna be a long day

BigDaddyBronco
10-15-2010, 03:39 PM
going back to the article that Carol posted on Olines.....

What kind of offenses did ZB/JDW come from?
Both Baylor and Utah used the spread offense.

rcsodak
10-15-2010, 03:55 PM
Both Baylor and Utah used the spread offense.
Again going back to Carol's post, how were their running games?

Ravage!!!
10-15-2010, 04:22 PM
Another question.

Which result is the worst, for the 1st offensive play:

1. Run play stuffed for a 4yd loss-showing they're still unable

or

2. Play action with Orton sacked for 4yd loss-showing the Oline will be in for a long day

or

3. Medium pass vs cromartie picked off-gonna be a long day

#2. Since we already know we can't run it, and will have to pass for 50 times... then being sacked and having a long day in the passing game .. to me, would be the worst

Jagsbch
10-15-2010, 05:55 PM
How many teams in the league have ever been able to run the ball when you pass it as much as the Broncos have? The average is nearly 50 a game the past 3 games.

Thing is this could play into our advantage, because I know for a fact that McDaniels would love nothing more than to pound the ball down the throats of the Jets, and what better way to do that then to have them sit deactivate a few defensive lineman so they can focus on beefing up their secondary.:D

Our issues in the run game have not been the result of individual performances as much as it has been just flat out blown plays by players who are otherwise holding their own, and when you have blown plays across the boards will it just adds up especially when you are only running the ball a dozen times a game.

Check that we did not even run the ball a dozen times last week.

Having watched this passing offense gain hundreds of yards so far this season from passing plays behind the line of scrimmage, I know there is something there that has yet to be tapped into to.

The issue is not going deep early and often in the first quarter, using the pass to set up the run.

Not to kill it with games where you are passing the ball from the line of scrimmage only 3 yards on average in 37 attempts, 2 yards in 29.

This is exactly what teams are game planning against and it is what is directly impacting our rushing offense in the most devastating way imaginable.

I think we can use this type pf game planning to our advantage by catching the defense off gaurd by focusing the majority of our passes over the top of the LB's early and often.

If there was a key to win this game this is it, and how.

Spread the defense and then pound the rock everyother play no matter what. The key to getting the running game going is not giving up on it, allowing the RB to get into rhythm...

I blieve the Broncos can run the ball, but only if the passing offense scuttles its high percentage pass plays in order to raise the percentage of the running game into the top ten this week.

Jets are going to force the Broncos to beat them with the rush, and that is exactly what the Broncos need to prove that they most ceartainly can do. I beilieve this with all my heart and soul.

Now that all the hype has been sown, with me doing my part of course; :laugh: fact remains Jets last 3 opponents have a 3-10 standing.

Last seasons 31st ranked passing offense is not much better this season either, Jets are coming into the game with the 25th ranked passing offense.

Sanchez sucks. You guys thought I was hard on Orton I'd take Orton over Sanchez any day of the week.

Sanchez is so pathetic his completion percentage has him ranked 29th in the league.

He is ranked 23rd for passes for 20 yards or more.

This is a game where our defensive line can really save face as WINk can take and force the Jets to beat him with the passing game approach with Sanchez at the helm.

Sanchez is ranked 28th as far as his yard average per attempt goes.

The Broncos antidote for the hype fueling the Jets is a simple good ol fashion physical brawl, the exact type of brawls they have been in the past 2 games. We shut down Chris Johnson, we can shut down LT, while forcing sanchump to beat us through the air.

Syd'Quan Thompson (http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158137&page=3) can step up and make an impact in the secondary.

http://dpphoto.slideshowpro.com/albums/005/474/album-149344/cache/day130070.sJPG_900_540_0_95_1_50_50.sJPG?128699906 4

Syd'Quan Thompson (22) punches the ball out of the arm of Cassius Vaughn (41) during drills at practice October 13 , 2010 at Dove Valley. John Leyba, The Denver Post

http://dpphoto.slideshowpro.com/albums/005/474/album-149344/cache/day130062.sJPG_900_540_0_95_1_50_50.sJPG?128699906 4

Joe Mays is going to have to step up...

http://dpphoto.slideshowpro.com/albums/005/474/album-149344/cache/day130068.sJPG_900_540_0_95_1_50_50.sJPG?128699906 4

Looks like Nate Jones is getting in on the turnover drill, he will have to step up this game...

http://dpphoto.slideshowpro.com/albums/005/474/album-149344/cache/day130065.sJPG_900_540_0_95_1_50_50.sJPG?128699906 4

Kyle: You want me to do what?

Ben: Either throw it deep or run it every play for the entire first quarter.:D:D

Jagsbch
10-16-2010, 10:58 AM
Mark Sanchez had 20 INT's last season.

Broncos could be first to pick off Sanchez (http://www.gazette.com/sports/park-106465-pick-sanchez.html#ixzz12XOHKKLB)

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. — Mark Sanchez thought his streak was over.

The New York Jets quarterback zipped a pass through the wet Meadowlands air Monday night and — whew! — Minnesota’s Antoine Winfield couldn’t quite get his hands around it.

A few close calls, and still no interceptions through five games.

“It’s one of those things that you can’t let up and I feel like when I was late on a couple last week, I lucked out,” Sanchez said. “We joke about it in the quarterbacks room: ‘You must be living right to luck out like that’.”

There have been a handful of other near-misses this season, including a pass that Braylon Edwards tipped away from a Vikings defender and was called for offensive pass interference. Two interceptions have also been overturned.

JaxBroncoGirl
10-16-2010, 11:22 AM
I thought about that and he'd be the type that if/when Tebow starts...he'd be blaming everyone else on the team for any losses...:lol:

I am sorry you have Tim mixed up with Tippy Toes Manning. If we lose at the helm of Tebow - remember his pledge, Tim would take all responsibility. Take your man hatter blinders off on this one.

LRtagger
10-16-2010, 11:45 AM
I am sorry you have Tim mixed up with Tippy Toes Manning. If we lose at the helm of Tebow - remember his pledge, Tim would take all responsibility. Take your man hatter blinders off on this one.

Thats not what she said.

Ravage!!!
10-16-2010, 12:02 PM

Tagger beat me, but you might want to re-read the post you quoted and responded too, and back up a lil on the defensiveness of Tebow.

Also.. i would think that until Tebow actually throws a pass in the NFL, it might be wiser to not try and throw the greatest passer in the History of the NFL, and one of the greatest leaders the game has seen, under the buss. But hey... if that makes you feel better about Timmy, more power to yah :salute:

KCL
10-16-2010, 12:11 PM
Thats not what she said.

Tagger beat me, but you might want to re-read the post you quoted and responded too, and back up a lil on the defensiveness of Tebow.

Also.. i would think that until Tebow actually throws a pass in the NFL, it might be wiser to not try and throw the greatest passer in the History of the NFL, and one of the greatest leaders the game has seen, under the buss. But hey... if that makes you feel better about Timmy, more power to yah :salute:

Thanks tagger and RAV...She is too quick to defend Tebow....;)

Yea not too smart to tag Manning with such names...not sure I would ever get tippy toes Manning and Tebow mixed up..:lol:

Jagsbch
10-16-2010, 12:13 PM
CAT FIGHT (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJI0ubJBMLk)

KCL
10-16-2010, 12:15 PM

You might wanna read more before you post...;)
Man hater??? :confused: I have no reason to hate Tebow.