PDA

View Full Version : The Broncos Record by the BYE week

MasterShake
10-13-2010, 09:49 AM
We have one of the most prolific passing attacks in recent memory and I love it, but I say Moreno and co. get things going this week and we roll to a 5-3 record to the bye week. After that the sky is the limit.

Every team is plagued with injuries and adversity right now, these guys get paid to play. I'm not gonna let a spanking by the Ravens get me down, those guys crush teams like us all the time (remember how they smoked the Pats last year in the playoffs?). The Ravens are a championship caliber team. We are rebuilding and still manage to have a top flight offense with some red zone issues.

I'm not gonna say we are gonna do any damage if we get to the playoffs, but I expect we do get there. Weak division and elite teams from last year are faltering. The Saints look horrible lately, the Vikings suck. San Diego has dropped TWO in the division and we have yet to play Oakland. Show me a team better than the Ravens right now. We lost to a good team that everyone expected us to lose to.

We may lose to the Jets, we may not. But I refuse to believe we are worse or can NOT beat KC, OAK, or even SD. Down the stretch, who do we have to fear? Our toughest game is against Houston and they are more bi-polar than the Broncos.

Five division games after the bye against very beatable teams. KC has more red zone problems than us, SD trips over themselves, and the Raiders rely on punt blocks to win. You gotta like our chances at a winning record.

Tned
10-13-2010, 10:04 AM
After the Jets, every game we play is very winnable, with Houston likely being the toughest.

At worse all of those games are "toss up" games, which should give us something close to 5 wins in our last 10 games. IF, and it's a big IF, we can get any semblance of a run game, while keeping our powerful passing attack, we could win more than 5.

I think it's possible that we win the next three and enter the bye with a 5-3 record, but unlikely. I think the team has shown flashes of being very good, but between the running game, special teams, penalties and inconsistent run defense, it has yet become a "consistent" team.

An inconsistent team can win some games, but you need to be a consistent team to string wins together.

BroncoWave
10-13-2010, 10:12 AM
I agree, the back half of our schedule sets up very favorably. If we can make it to the bye at 4-4 (which we should) then I think we will have a very good shot at winning the division.

Lonestar
10-13-2010, 10:12 AM
I'll take 4-4 , because we will beat down the faiders so it will count as TWO games . :salute::salute:

BroncoWave
10-13-2010, 10:16 AM
After the Jets, every game we play is very winnable, with Houston likely being the toughest.

At worse all of those games are "toss up" games, which should give us something close to 5 wins in our last 10 games. IF, and it's a big IF, we can get any semblance of a run game, while keeping our powerful passing attack, we could win more than 5.

I think it's possible that we win the next three and enter the bye with a 5-3 record, but unlikely. I think the team has shown flashes of being very good, but between the running game, special teams, penalties and inconsistent run defense, it has yet become a "consistent" team.

An inconsistent team can win some games, but you need to be a consistent team to string wins together.

And even Houston hasn't even been THAT great recently. Other than their great week 1 and second half of week 2 they really haven't been that impressive this season.

rcsodak
10-13-2010, 10:18 AM
So how is it the record can add up to 7?
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

MasterShake
10-13-2010, 10:18 AM
I'll take 4-4 , because we will beat down the faiders so it will count as TWO games . :salute::salute:

I'm actually more concerned about the San Francisco game than the Jets. I don't know how we fair historically in international games since the only ones I think we have ever played were in preseason, and the Niners could be hungry for a win if the drop some more games the next few weeks.

I just don't see our running game being as horrible all year. If we can pound out 60-80 yards a game the next few, we should be able to balance out in time for a good run at the playoffs. Clady and Harris are shells of themselves right now, and hopefully they only get healthier.

MasterShake
10-13-2010, 10:19 AM
So how is it the record can add up to 7?

Human errrror.

Tned
10-13-2010, 10:21 AM
I'm actually more concerned about the San Francisco game than the Jets. I don't know how we fair historically in international games since the only ones I think we have ever played were in preseason, and the Niners could be hungry for a win if the drop some more games the next few weeks.

I just don't see our running game being as horrible all year. If we can pound out 60-80 yards a game the next few, we should be able to balance out in time for a good run at the playoffs. Clady and Harris are shells of themselves right now, and hopefully they only get healthier.

We are on pace to have fewer rushing yards than the strike shortened season. I just can't bring myself to believe that it will be that bad all year long. I haven't seen ANYTHING to show me it will improve, but I 'believe' it will.

MasterShake
10-13-2010, 10:24 AM
We are on pace to have fewer rushing yards than the strike shortened season. I just can't bring myself to believe that it will be that bad all year long. I haven't seen ANYTHING to show me it will improve, but I 'believe' it will.

I think you have to factor in that we have fallen behind pretty big in a few games and that does not lend itself to doing a lot of runs. As the season goes on, the line gets healthier hopefully and things start calming down.

Northman
10-13-2010, 10:28 AM
I think 3-5. I think we lose to the Jets and Niners. Even the Raider game is no gimme.

After the bye week,

3-5 also.

Finall record: 6-10

BroncoWave
10-13-2010, 10:29 AM

In the 2 games with Moreno we rushed for 77 yards a game.

In the 3 games since we have rushed 35.3 yards a game.

That alone should be enough to lead one to believe the running game will improve once Moreno gets back. I bet the people who said that losing Moreno wouldn't hurt us at all (and several people said that) are dying to have him back now.

jhildebrand
10-13-2010, 10:30 AM
Voted 3-4 but really mean 3-5. I think SF is our next win.

BroncoWave
10-13-2010, 10:30 AM
I think 3-5. I think we lose to the Jets and Niners. Even the Raider game is no gimme.

After the bye week,

3-5 also.

What exactly do the 49ers have that can hurt us? Alex Smith sucks and we can just key on Gore to stop their offense. That game worries me the least of the 3 we have leading up to the bye.

The 49ers remind me alot of the Titans except that they are worse and we don't have to play them at their place.

MasterShake
10-13-2010, 10:31 AM

That alone should be enough to lead one to believe the running game will improve once Moreno gets back. I bet the people who said that losing Moreno wouldn't hurt us at all (and several people said that) are dying to have him back now.

I am really liking Moreno when I see him play. Hopefully his conditioning will improve and he can stay in the rest of the way.

Northman
10-13-2010, 10:34 AM
What exactly do the 49ers have that can hurt us? Alex Smith sucks and we can just key on Gore to stop their offense. That game worries me the least of the 3 we have leading up to the bye.

We cant pressure the QB, so ANY QB has a great opportunity to exploit us. The Ravens YET again gave a blueprint on how to gouge our defense with the run game. I think you WAY over estimating our abilities here and thats not counting the injuries to the team. I have no problem with you being positive but im being more realistic. If Denver makes the playoffs than fantastic, i just dont see it happening. Too many injuries, too much youth, etc. Like you, i EXPECT to make the playoffs only because we shoul be seeing improvement but i think people on here have fooled themselves into believing we are better than we are. IMO of course.

shank
10-13-2010, 10:35 AM
I am really liking Moreno when I see him play. Hopefully his conditioning will improve and he can stay in the rest of the season.

fixed

rcsodak
Human errrror.
FIXIT, MASTER! It messed with my noggin. Lol

MasterShake
Voted 3-4 but really mean 3-5. I think SF is our next win.

Sorry, I made this at work with my boss lurking around and my math got fuzzy. :lol:

jhildebrand
10-13-2010, 10:39 AM
Sorry, I made this at work with my boss lurking around and my math got fuzzy. :lol:

It's all good. I was like :confused: So had to double check the sched. We wouldn't want the boss gettin all nosy. Of course you have to play it :cool:

I am sure Tned or Gem will fix it.

shank
10-13-2010, 10:40 AM
We cant pressure the QB, so ANY QB has a great opportunity to exploit us. The Ravens YET again gave a blueprint on how to gouge our defense with the run game. I think you WAY over estimating our abilities here and thats not counting the injuries to the team. I have no problem with you being positive but im being more realistic. If Denver makes the playoffs than fantastic, i just dont see it happening. Too many injuries, too much youth, etc. Like you, i EXPECT to make the playoffs only because we shoul be seeing improvement but i think people on here have fooled themselves into believing we are better than we are. IMO of course.

well, IMO, you are underestimating our abilities. any given sunday is true, even with terrible teams, and we are not a terrible team. sure, ray rice made the broncos defense look silly... but i happen to remember making chris johnson look pretty silly only one week prior. the injuries are mounting, and yes they hurt us, but just a couple lucky bounces, good days for us, or bad days for our opponents can be the difference between your "realistic" (cause pessimistic just sounds to... negative?) view and our positive view.

we beat a great team in the titans on a day with no running game. with knowshon back, our line getting more experience (and hopefully getting healthier) i really do expect that to improve. the only real thing i see keeping us from getting legitimately better each week is the injuries. if we can shake the injury bug and get people healthy to push towards the end of the season, i definitely see us making the playoffs. :salute:

MasterShake
10-13-2010, 10:42 AM
It's all good. I was like :confused: So had to double check the sched. We wouldn't want the boss gettin all nosy. Of course you have to play it :cool:

I am sure Tned or Gem will fix it.

If I could figure out how to fix it, I would (I'm a mod, too you know!) :lol:

Tned
10-13-2010, 10:43 AM

I've never really understood the criticism of Moreno. I guess it's because of being the 12th pick (or whatever he was).

One note, even at that 77 yards per game, we would just barely beat out the strike shortened season (averaging 77 YPG all year).

Northman
10-13-2010, 10:44 AM
well, IMO, you are underestimating our abilities. any given sunday is true, even with terrible teams, and we are not a terrible team. sure, ray rice made the broncos defense look silly... but i happen to remember making chris johnson look pretty silly only one week prior. the injuries are mounting, and yes they hurt us, but just a couple lucky bounces, good days for us, or bad days for our opponents can be the difference between your "realistic" (cause pessimistic just sounds to... negative?) view and our positive view.

we beat a great team in the titans on a day with no running game. with knowshon back, our line getting more experience (and hopefully getting healthier) i really do expect that to improve. the only real thing i see keeping us from getting legitimately better each week is the injuries. if we can shake the injury bug and get people healthy to push towards the end of the season, i definitely see us making the playoffs. :salute:

I guess we will see at the end of the year. I dont see it.

BroncoWave
10-13-2010, 10:46 AM

I just think the 49ers are 0-5 for a reason and unless they drastically improve by the time they play us they just don't scare me. Even if we are as bad as you think we are we're still better than them at least IMO.

We've played one of the toughest schedules in the NFL so far and are still 2-3. There's a chance that going into the bye week we will have only played one team with a losing record (SF). If we could survive that stretch at 4-4, what reason do you have to believe that we wouldn't have a better record over the second half with a much more favorable schedule?

KCL
10-13-2010, 10:48 AM

After the bye week,

3-5 also.

The Niners should be an easy win..remember KC beat them and eveyone said we hadn't played anyone yet...so Denver should beat them since KC did.

shank
10-13-2010, 10:50 AM
the thing that worries me about the 9ers game is traveling to london... but they have to make the trip too, so it shouldn't really affect the outcome.

BroncoWave
10-13-2010, 10:50 AM
I've never really understood the criticism of Moreno. I guess it's because of being the 12th pick (or whatever he was).

One note, even at that 77 yards per game, we would just barely beat out the strike shortened season (averaging 77 YPG all year).

I'll still take it over 35.3! :D

In all seriousness though, I think that if Moreno can stay healthy for the rest of the season that number will do up. To me he looked much improved over last season in the first 2 games and if our o-line can ever figure it out I think our running game will improve to at least a respectable level.

Northman
10-13-2010, 10:52 AM
I just think the 49ers are 0-5 for a reason and unless they drastically improve by the time they play us they just don't scare me. Even if we are as bad as you think we are we're still better than them at least IMO.

We've played one of the toughest schedules in the NFL so far and are still 2-3. There's a chance that going into the bye week we will have only played one team with a losing record (SF). If we could survive that stretch at 4-4, what reason do you have to believe that we wouldn't have a better record over the second half with a much more favorable schedule?

Well, lets not jump the gun. First, we have to get to 4-4 before you can even make that claim. But, without a running game when we start to get the latter part of the schedule with more wind, rain, snow, etc it will effect the passing game in which the run game will be important. And as Shaw said, ANY given sunday so what might seem as a favorable schedule could easily be losses. I dont think many of saw us losing to Oakland and KC at home down the stretch last year and we shouldnt have. Now, both those teams are more improved so it wont be "easy" as some think.

Northman
10-13-2010, 10:55 AM
The Niners should be an easy win..remember KC beat them and eveyone said we hadn't played anyone yet...so Denver should beat them since KC did.

Yea, i said that about Oakland last year and watched the Stay Puffed Marshmellow Man drive down and beat us. Our pass defense sucks and only Denver could make Alex Smith look like Joe Montana. Trust me, we've been here before. Its up to McD and company to prove me wrong.

BroncoWave
10-13-2010, 10:56 AM
Yea, i said that about Oakland last year and watched the Stay Puffed Marshmellow Man drive down and beat us. Our pass defense sucks and only Denver could make Alex Smith look like Joe Montana. Trust me, we've been here before. Its up to McD and company to prove me wrong.

We also held Peyton Manning in check for a large part of the game against the Colts this year.

Northman
10-13-2010, 11:02 AM
We also held Peyton Manning in check for a large part of the game against the Colts this year.

And still lost by 2 TD's.

rcsodak
10-13-2010, 11:03 AM
Fuzzy Math. A required course for everybody in blue. :D

BroncoWave
10-13-2010, 11:05 AM
And still lost by 2 TD's.

Not because of our pass defense, which you claim will be the reason the 49ers will beat us.

BroncoWave
10-13-2010, 11:05 AM
Well, lets not jump the gun. First, we have to get to 4-4 before you can even make that claim. But, without a running game when we start to get the latter part of the schedule with more wind, rain, snow, etc it will effect the passing game in which the run game will be important. And as Shaw said, ANY given sunday so what might seem as a favorable schedule could easily be losses. I dont think many of saw us losing to Oakland and KC at home down the stretch last year and we shouldnt have. Now, both those teams are more improved so it wont be "easy" as some think.

Ok fine. IF we are 4-4 heading into the bye would you be willing to admit that perhaps you underestimated the ability of this team?

Northman
10-13-2010, 11:06 AM
Not because of our pass defense, which you claim will be the reason the 49ers will beat us.

Doesnt matter. A loss is a loss. You play to win the mother ******* game.

topscribe
I like your optimism . . . but then, I would, wouldn't I? After all, I'm Homer of the Year. :laugh:

Before McDaniels came out with news about those five serious injuries, I would
have said 5-3. I really thought the Broncos had a shot against the Jets. But now
they are limping into this next game against them at half-strength, defensively,
and the running game, while showing promise of improvement, is still a question.

I will be (wonderfully) surprised if the Broncos beat the Jets. I see them blowing
out the 49ers and eeking out a close one against the Raiders. 4-4.

-----

rcsodak
If I could figure out how to fix it, I would (I'm a mod, too you know!) :lol:
You can always delete and start over while its early. *wink*

Northman
10-13-2010, 11:07 AM
Ok fine. IF we are 4-4 heading into the bye would you be willing to admit that perhaps you underestimated the ability of this team?

Sure, i will give them more credit than i do. But even with that there is that history of second half collapses so we will have to overcome that legacy as well. McD has a lot to prove right now thats for sure.

KCL
10-13-2010, 11:10 AM
Doesnt matter. A loss is a loss. You play to win the mother ******* game.

:lol:

IMk5sMHj58I

BroncoWave
10-13-2010, 11:10 AM
I like your optimism . . . but then, I would, wouldn't I? After all, I'm Homer of the Year. :laugh:

Before McDaniels came out with news about those five serious injuries, I would
have said 5-3. I really thought the Broncos had a shot against the Jets. But now
they are limping into this next game against them at half-strength, defensively,
and the running game, while showing promise of improvement, is still a question.

I will be (wonderfully) surprised if the Broncos beat the Jets. I see them blowing
out the 49ers and eeking out a close one against the Raiders. 4-4.

-----

This is how I see it as well, although a win over the Jets wouldn't shock me. Revis is gimpy and they are having to go on the road off a short week after a close emotional win. That tends to be the recipe for a letdown and the Jets seem due for one. I just don't think they are as good as their 4-1 record indicates.

Northman
10-13-2010, 11:16 AM
I just don't think they are as good as their 4-1 record indicates.

What if they come in and beat us? Would you think they are a good team then? For me, good teams arent just based off how they win. Monday they showed guts and dug in and won a game in crunch time vs a future HOF QB who has a history of making comebacks. Maybe the Jets arent winning pretty enough for you but they are winning and i sure envy that right now. I dont care how we win, i just want to win.

rcsodak
10-13-2010, 11:18 AM
Anybody remember the old fart from 'mania who would come in after every game and bash every positive? Then be back the day before the g next game and say how bad they were going to get beat? T? You remember him?

Northman
10-13-2010, 11:19 AM
Anybody remember the old fart from 'mania who would come in after every game and bash every positive? Then be back the day before the g next game and say how bad they were going to get beat? T? You remember him?

You shouldnt call out Topscribe like that.

BroncoWave
10-13-2010, 11:20 AM
What if they come in and beat us? Would you think they are a good team then? For me, good teams arent just based off how they win. Monday they showed guts and dug in and won a game in crunch time vs a future HOF QB who has a history of making comebacks. Maybe the Jets arent winning pretty enough for you but they are winning and i sure envy that right now. I dont care how we win, i just want to win.

I didn't say I don't think they are a good team, I just don't think they are 4-1 good. I think they will wind up somewhere around 9-10 wins when it's all said and done. Obviously I could be wrong but that's just my opinion.

As for their win over the Vikings, come on. Brett Favre may be a future HOFer but he is completely washed up now. Other than a few good drives he played like crap in that game.

topscribe
10-13-2010, 11:23 AM
You shouldnt call out Topscribe like that.

That's no description of me. I'm not negative. I'm a Homer Old Fart . . .

-----

rcsodak
10-13-2010, 11:24 AM
Too bad some dont feel that way. I remember last year how some lamented at the "lucky wins".

KCL
10-13-2010, 11:28 AM

I do...he changed his name when he joined this board...:lol:

rcsodak
10-13-2010, 11:29 AM
That's no description of me. I'm not negative. I'm a Homer Old Fart . . .

-----
I hope you realize the warranted acronym you just made. :wink:

topscribe
10-13-2010, 11:32 AM
I hope you realize the warranted acronym you just made. :wink:

Hall Of Fame? Homer's Hall Of Fame? Hmmm . . .

:eyesglazedoverwithfarawaylook:

-----

Tned
10-13-2010, 11:53 AM
I'll still take it over 35.3! :D

In all seriousness though, I think that if Moreno can stay healthy for the rest of the season that number will do up. To me he looked much improved over last season in the first 2 games and if our o-line can ever figure it out I think our running game will improve to at least a respectable level.

Agreed. I liked what I saw of Moreno. I even liked him last year. I don't like the fact that he doesn't have much burst, but you don't have to have a Portis, CJ style home run hitter to have a successful running game.

Day1BroncoFan
10-13-2010, 12:37 PM
I'm trying to be realistic here.

Without the running game I don't see us going past 4-4 if even that. We're going into the jets game with our D in pain form the ravens. I don't know how healthy the O line is after that game either, I hope they are all good to go.

The ravens wrote the book on how to eat us and without a running game to keep them honest I don't see a lot.

None of the upcoming games are gimme's. I think we may lose to the jets. Playing in GB has me concerned and the 49'ers are hungry. Divisional games are always tuff so I don't think the raiders will be a pushover as some do.

I am still waiting for this "gel" everyone is talking abvout for the running game to get here. If that "gel" doesn't happen soon we will be in trouble.

I try to keep it optimistic but the way the running game is it gets harder each week to do that.

HORSEPOWER 56
10-13-2010, 06:19 PM
4-4 best case, 3-5 worst case. I don't see us losing out until the bye, but I do expect a loss to the Jets and possibly one to either Oakland or SF.

It would be great to hit the bye with a two game win streak over both Oakland and SF and go in at 4-4.

spikerman
10-13-2010, 06:25 PM
I don't think the 49ers are the pushovers some on here believe them to be. They could be a VERY dangerous team.

HORSEPOWER 56
10-13-2010, 06:33 PM
I don't think the 49ers are the pushovers some on here believe them to be. They could be a VERY dangerous team.

You and me both. They just have too much talent. Hopefully they explode on somebody else before they play us and get a win out of their system. Sooner or later, they are gonna smack some team up bigtime and completely embarass them.

TXBRONC
10-13-2010, 07:31 PM
We have one of the most prolific passing attacks in recent memory and I love it, but I say Moreno and co. get things going this week and we roll to a 5-3 record to the bye week. After that the sky is the limit.

Every team is plagued with injuries and adversity right now, these guys get paid to play. I'm not gonna let a spanking by the Ravens get me down, those guys crush teams like us all the time (remember how they smoked the Pats last year in the playoffs?). The Ravens are a championship caliber team. We are rebuilding and still manage to have a top flight offense with some red zone issues.

I'm not gonna say we are gonna do any damage if we get to the playoffs, but I expect we do get there. Weak division and elite teams from last year are faltering. The Saints look horrible lately, the Vikings suck. San Diego has dropped TWO in the division and we have yet to play Oakland. Show me a team better than the Ravens right now. We lost to a good team that everyone expected us to lose to.

We may lose to the Jets, we may not. But I refuse to believe we are worse or can NOT beat KC, OAK, or even SD. Down the stretch, who do we have to fear? Our toughest game is against Houston and they are more bi-polar than the Broncos.

Five division games after the bye against very beatable teams. KC has more red zone problems than us, SD trips over themselves, and the Raiders rely on punt blocks to win. You gotta like our chances at a winning record.

If we're 4-4 at the midway point then I think we have a shot at the playoffs.

bcbronc
10-13-2010, 08:09 PM
3-5, if we're lucky.

don't see us beating the Jets. I think LT will give us one last kick in the mouth. *******.

and I don't see us beating San Fran. Alex Smith is actually having some really good moments, he just needs to keep it going. Gore and VD is a bad combo when half your linebackers and safeties are in the medical wing.

too many injuries and too much youth this year. not throwing in the towel, but I'm in small victories mode. over the rest of the season, if we win, great. but as long as I see some growth in our O-line and young CBs I'll be satisfied.

TXBRONC
10-13-2010, 09:43 PM

Denver can't afford to take the Raiders or the 49ers lightly.

sneakers
10-13-2010, 10:22 PM
16-0 Wooo!

TXBRONC
10-14-2010, 06:27 AM
16-0 Wooo!

Ah a little late for 16-0 isn't Sneak? :confused: :D

broncofaninfla
10-14-2010, 09:16 AM
Honetsly I don't see us beating the Jets or Oakland, the Niners maybe but they are better than thier record. With no running game it's possible we get swept in the AFC west this season. The Raiders match up well against our scheme, so do the Chiefs and we play the Bolts when they are historically the toughest to play.

PAINTERDAVE
10-14-2010, 09:59 AM
Last season... in our 6-0 run...

we were barely winning those contests.
They were all last minute... nail biting... skin of our teeth... exciting wins.

At Indy... we were close... but lost.

The only realy dominant win I remember was at the Raiders.

They all came here and beat up on us... that Kansas City game was embarrassing.

This year... we have squeaked out a couple wins.
Baltimore cleaned our clock.

The point I am making ...

is that my beloved Broncos are NOT a dominant team...
have NOT been a dominant team...
and will NOT likely become a dominant team during this season.

The win/loss record will come down to luck, the bounce of the ball, and the health of the players.
That is not a promising outlook.
Moreno did not even practice on Wednesday... he was held out.
Brown is hurt already after one game.

RB's, Special teams... Our secondary is a MASH unit... we have problems, boys.

I am sincerely looking for McD to show us some MIRACULOUS coaching.
I wont go through what I want to see...
I am not calling for Razzle Dazzle...
I am suspending my judgement...
BUT DANG ,SON!

I am ready to see what McD is going to do next.

I like the guy...
but I certainly have not been impressed with his play calling in crucial situations.

BroncoJoe
10-14-2010, 10:53 AM
I didn't say I don't think they are a good team, I just don't think they are 4-1 good. I think they will wind up somewhere around 9-10 wins when it's all said and done. Obviously I could be wrong but that's just my opinion.

As for their win over the Vikings, come on. Brett Favre may be a future HOFer but he is completely washed up now. Other than a few good drives he played like crap in that game.

Bret doesn't even look like he's into playing at all. He should have stayed retired.

The ravens wrote the book on how to eat us and without a running game to keep them honest I don't see a lot.

I absolutely hate this statement. The scheme they ran can only be run with the talent on that team - which is not on any other team.

This year... we have squeaked out a couple wins.
Baltimore cleaned our clock.

We lost that game (excessive penalties creating multiple 3rd and longs) more than they won it.

Ravage!!!
10-14-2010, 10:57 AM
Bret doesn't even look like he's into playing at all. He should have stayed retired.

I absolutely hate this statement. The scheme they ran can only be run with the talent on that team - which is not on any other team.

We lost that game (excessive penalties creating multiple 3rd and longs) more than they won it.

I think we got lucky it was as close as it was.

Gimpygod
10-14-2010, 07:28 PM
:shocked:
This is how I see it as well, although a win over the Jets wouldn't shock me. Revis is gimpy and they are having to go on the road off a short week after a close emotional win. That tends to be the recipe for a letdown and the Jets seem due for one. I just don't think they are as good as their 4-1 record indicates.

I resent that!!! :shocked::D

FanInAZ
10-14-2010, 09:28 PM
:lol:

IMk5sMHj58I

I've been thinking about starting a thread of all time media create incidences for a while. Everything from the raw feed of McD dropping the F bomb on his players to rants like this that were the result of stupid reporters asking stupid questions. Out of fairness to Herm, I wish the clip would have started with the stupid question that provoked this rant.