PDA

View Full Version : How do we beat the all powerful Jets?!?!?!?

UnderArmour
10-12-2010, 01:25 PM
Feel free to correct anything, I normally don't post threads like this.

Our star safety is out, our best 2 pass rushers are currently injured, one of our 1st round picks is out, our starting CB is out, our special teams captain is out, our backup free safety is out, our offensive line can't run block and is looking like garbage, not to mention we are playing a 4-1 team who has beaten some good opponents.

How Denver wins:
-Cornerbacks
There were a few balls last week that very well could have been interceptions. In the preseason, Thompson and Cox made a few more plays on the ball. Champ Bailey hasn't been picking the ball off a lot lately either. Of course, the team needs to focus on defending the run and to let Mark Sanchez make mistakes. Even without Ayers, Mark Sanchez is not Peyton Manning. We should still have enough of a secondary to match up with their receivers(Double cover Santonio or Edwards with Champ on the other one).

-Stack the box.
This is a defense that shut down Chris Johnson, even if it did get gashed by Ray Rice. McDaniels mentioned possibly using a 4-3 alignment. It's very well possible we just go to this and have Jarvis Moss and Jason Hunter rotate on one side of the line with Bannan/Vickerson on the other side.

On Offense:
We just played 2 elite defenses. If the offensive line can hold up and avoid penalties, Kyle Orton can gash this defense. There will be 1 on 1 matchups that our receivers will have a clear advantage in. If Eric Decker is active this week, look for him to have a big game and fill the void left by Thomas if he winds up inactive. I also see no reason why Eddie Royal can't start having some of the big plays that Brandon Lloyd has been having, he should have more speed. If Moreno is active, the short passing game will be far more effective because Orton loves to dump the ball off which will open up the running game. Maybe McDaniels will even swallow some of his pride and look through the old Shanahan zone blocking schemes and install that this week. Would certainly be a huge help as opposed to "WOOHOO! POWER FOOTBALL! THAT'S WHERE THE DEFENSE POWERS THE OFFENSIVE LINE BACK AND TACKLES THE RB IN THE BACKFIELD FOR A LOSS! CHAMPIONSHIP!"

Looks to be a close game, getting Moreno back is huge. Even with the injuries, we are a deep team with big play potential on both sides of the football. I don't feel like this is a "the sky is falling" type situation we are going into, even with all of the injuries. It is a winnable game, it reminds me of when we played the "red hot" Jets in 08 against Favre. Difference is: Our passing attack is better this time, our defense is better this time, and they blitz a hell of a lot more than they did under Mangini which should leave somebody open.

silkamilkamonico
10-12-2010, 01:29 PM
I just don't think Denver wins unfortunately. Aside from all the injuries and question marks, we just do not match up well against these power teams.

If we lose, we will be 2-4 at that point, right where I thought we would be, and still very much in the race of the AFCWest, which looks abysimal again this year.

Lonestar
10-12-2010, 01:31 PM
pray that this is a trap game for the jets, coming off a big win over their ex QB, in a very late MNF game, going to DEN and playing at mile High.

Hopefully they will be gassed by half time.

I'll take a win any way I can get one at this point with all the injuries we have had.

BigDaddyBronco
10-12-2010, 01:37 PM
I was thinking the same thing Jr. Hope they waltz in thinking if they show up they win, get a decent outing by a beat up defense and show them an offense that throws the ball around.

Whatever they do they need to protect against the Jets blitz, they have a confusing blitz that can rattle most QB's. If they can protect Orton and have to rely on Cromartie and a slightly gimpy Revis we should be ok. If they beat us up with the blitz we get beat by 20.

Thnikkaman
10-12-2010, 01:46 PM
Simple,

We score more points then them.

:rackme:

UnderArmour
10-12-2010, 01:49 PM
I just don't think Denver wins unfortunately. Aside from all the injuries and question marks, we just do not match up well against these power teams.

If we lose, we will be 2-4 at that point, right where I thought we would be, and still very much in the race of the AFCWest, which looks abysimal again this year.

The Jets played "power football" last season and they went 9-7(8-8 if the Colts actually played). This season, they are not winning games playing smash mouth football, at least not on offense. It's possible they move back to it this week after watching the Ravens game, but it's something that can be corrected last week. It isn't like there we never stopped the Ravens; our offense was just so inept at moving the football that our defense had to be out there most of the first half.

BORDERLINE
10-12-2010, 02:07 PM
if orton chucks the ball down field ala farve to moss last night we should keep there defense on there toes. Royal can be used like P.Harvin was last night except there is no A.P for us. so I believe our best shot is to let it fly and hopefully gas the CB's by halftime. Mile High better be rockin also

Northman
10-12-2010, 02:12 PM
I dont think we win this one.

underrated29
10-12-2010, 02:14 PM
I've had this game marked as a win as soon as the schedule came out earlier this year. We IMO match up wonderfully against this team.

IMO they are just like the titans. Great Defense, Great rush attack. Shaky QB, only sanchez is not as mobile nor a threat to run. He is a better passer, but imo not by much. The jets do have better receiving threats than the titans do. By far.

However, I think we approach this game just like the titans game. Shut their RUN GAME OFF!!!!- And let Sanchez try to beat our secondary. Even with good and dawk out, we still are a good secondary. Keller and LT are the ones who scare me, and I do not believe that they will bring us down.

On Defense, it is as simple as I said last week against the birds. Keep Orton upright and give him more than 2 seconds. If he has 3 or more seconds to throw he will EAT them Alive!! Kyle does hate the blitz, but the jets play a lot of man ( i think, pretty sure that is what i have seen), this works to our benefit as our WR can beat most one on one. And someone will be open for the check off if there is a blitz.

It helps revis is out too! I think this game is just like Tenn, we move the ball and kick a fair few FGs, with a TD or two mixed in. They have a few long sustaining drives, but when we get the lead they abondon the run and fall right into our hands.
Make no mistake Sanchez is extremely raw, and while playing better is still imo overrated. I want the ball in his hands and see if he can beat us, because I doubt it!

24-Denver
21-jets

Lonestar
10-12-2010, 02:25 PM

I had this one down as a loss also. As long as we do not stink it up I'm OK with a loss.

I just want to see improvement each game this year and things will work out in the long run.

Had it not been for all the penalties against BAL the game would have been much closer and maybe even a win.

I Eat Staples
10-12-2010, 02:40 PM
How Denver wins: Hope we get lucky.

Had it not been for all the penalties against BAL the game would have been much closer and maybe even a win.

Don't fool yourself. I consider this a rebuilding process so I'm okay with losses like the Colts game where there's positives to build on. But the Ravens game was just atrocious.

Northman
10-12-2010, 03:11 PM
I had this one down as a loss also. As long as we do not stink it up I'm OK with a loss.

I just want to see improvement each game this year and things will work out in the long run.

Unfortuantely, penalties are a constant problem for us. We hung in as long as we could against Bmore but ultimately we have to get points on the board. Its not just stopping a guy like LT when it comes to NY, we have to worry about Greene as well. Now, Ayers is out and Dawkins (who is great on run support) and thats a recipe for disaster. Good news is we are at home but homefield hasnt been as kind to us these last few years. Its going to take a flawless game from us (and i do mean flawless) to pull out a win. At this point im just praying that there are no more injuries.

Ravage!!!
10-12-2010, 03:18 PM
Penalties never help any team, but thats not what cost us the game. I think we got lucky that it wasn't worse.

I don't believe in 'trap' games. Otherwise, every team, every week, against every opponent is facing a 'trap game' in the NFL. But we will have to have the luck of the Jets playing badly, some good bounces, and some big defensive/STs TDs to win this game.

Revis and Crom are the best tandem in the NFL. The Jets blitzing is going to force us to throw the quick, short, routes and as of right now....we haven't had a guy that has shown the ability to take those short routes to the house.

Minnesota had some great luck when pounding AP,but its beyond stating to even mention the fact that we don't have anything close to AP (or resembling a running game).

I think we'll see Orton throwing the ball nearly 50 times again this week. Hopefully we have the ball enough times for him to thrwo 50 times.

Northman
10-12-2010, 03:35 PM
Penalties never help any team, but thats not what cost us the game.

Probably didnt cost us but it certainly killed at least 3-4 drives which hurt a lot.

I think we'll see Orton throwing the ball nearly 50 times again this week. Hopefully we have the ball enough times for him to thrwo 50 times.

I had expected to see this last Sunday and if we do it this Sunday it will probably be much more effective except the percentage of turnovers will go up. But without a running game we are left with no real choice here.

rcsodak
10-12-2010, 03:49 PM
:newsflash:

:D
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Thnikkaman
10-12-2010, 03:54 PM

Why? Are you attending?

KCL
10-12-2010, 04:08 PM
Their corner did a good job of covering Moss..well til he scored...lol...but he did cover well.

shank
10-12-2010, 04:14 PM
i think we win this one.

rcsodak
10-12-2010, 04:14 PM
Their corner did a good job of covering Moss..well til he scored...lol...but he did cover well.
moss of 2days in the playbook, getting acquainted?

KCL
10-12-2010, 04:26 PM
moss of 2days in the playbook, getting acquainted?

So because of that...you don't think he can cover the Broncos WRs? He was on Moss like flies on shit..did hold on one of those covers that wasn't called but still..looked pretty good to me.

Bosco
10-12-2010, 04:36 PM
Attack their corners. Revis is hobbled and Cromartie is a major weakness for them. We absolutely have to get some more points out of our passing game this week and going after those two is where it will need to happen.

shank
10-12-2010, 04:39 PM
limit penalties and mistakes. sustain drives and keep the defense as fresh as possible. keep the playcalling creative and mix in screens, runs, play action, rollouts, deep balls... anything we can do to keep them guessing and on their heels. hope that knowshon is healthy and is seeing the holes.

Ravage!!!
10-12-2010, 04:52 PM
So because of that...you don't think he can cover the Broncos WRs? He was on Moss like flies on shit..did hold on one of those covers that wasn't called but still..looked pretty good to me.

Completely agree. Doesn't matter how much Moss knew of the playbook or how much he didn't know. Crom was all over him all game. Even on the TD pass/catch, Crom was right on his hip. The pass was just perfect. Can't defend a perfect pass.

We absolutely are going to have to go after their corners, because we have no other choice. We don't have a pass catching TE, and we will have to throw the ball 50 times. Who else are we going to be throwing at? Certainly can't attack their front seven with our running attack.

We'll complete a lot of passes, but then, we always do. But as you can see, the Jets don't give up a lot of TDs.

Our mistakes are going to come in trying to deal with their vicious pass rush and blitzing packages. I think our OL will start coming off the ball a bit too early to try and get that fast step, as well as some holding calls that will need to happen in order to keep Orton from getting smashed.

I hope we don't try an opening kick-off on-sides kick.

KCL
10-12-2010, 05:00 PM
Completely agree. Doesn't matter how much Moss knew of the playbook or how much he didn't know. Crom was all over him all game. Even on the TD pass/catch, Crom was right on his hip. The pass was just perfect. Can't defend a perfect pass.

We absolutely are going to have to go after their corners, because we have no other choice. We don't have a pass catching TE, and we will have to throw the ball 50 times. Who else are we going to be throwing at? Certainly can't attack their front seven with our running attack.

We'll complete a lot of passes, but then, we always do. But as you can see, the Jets don't give up a lot of TDs.

Our mistakes are going to come in trying to deal with their vicious pass rush and blitzing packages. I think our OL will start coming off the ball a bit too early to try and get that fast step, as well as some holding calls that will need to happen in order to keep Orton from getting smashed.

Surely not....LMAO.

spikerman
10-12-2010, 05:48 PM
I don't think Denver wins this one. I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see it. Denver will not be able to run on the Jets and it doesn't look like they'll be able to stop them from running either. This could easily be as ugly as last week.

One thing they could do is start out with the hurry up offense and gas the Jets' defense right away in the thin air. ahhh, who am I kidding? Why would they actually start using a homefield advantage now?

atwater27
10-12-2010, 05:58 PM
How do we beat the all powerful Jets?!?!?!? .

We don't. Not a chance. This will be the worst loss by far of the McDaniels era.

T.K.O.
10-12-2010, 06:07 PM
don't care how....just as long as the broncos bring home the W !!!!
GO BRONCOS !

Medford Bronco
10-12-2010, 06:56 PM
Denver needs to run better.

Very simple. Until that happens, it will be a crapshoot every week.

I dont feel good about this game.

Maybe a turnover or two. Sanchez has been excellent and to win, Denver will have to pressure him or it could be a long day. :(

Softskull
10-12-2010, 07:07 PM
We can win if we place snipers in the crowd.

nevcraw
10-12-2010, 07:22 PM
we got a shot..

Tired jets. Injured revis. Cocky after beating the Vikes on MNF.

embarrassed broncos. home. Motivated - I bet McD despises RR and Wink wants to beat his buddy..

Broncos Mtnman
10-12-2010, 11:22 PM
1 - we pay off the referees

2 - we hire terrorists to hijack the Jets plane

3 - we change the location of the game without telling them

4 - we pay the Ravens to become Broncos for a day

5 - we petition Goodell to suspend the whole team for violating league rules

6 - we petitiion the NFL to change the rules so that the team with the most yards in the game is the winner instead of the most points (we'll call it the Kyle Orton rule)

Just a few ideas off the top of my head.

:coffee:

silkamilkamonico
10-12-2010, 11:23 PM
6 - we petitiion the NFL to change the rules so that the team with the most yards in the game is the winner instead of the most points (we'll call it the Kyle Orton rule)

LMAO

You mean the Mike Shanahan + Jay Cutler rule.

Ironic how you completely ignored that..

atwater27
10-12-2010, 11:39 PM
LMAO

HNTxr2NJHa0

silkamilkamonico
10-12-2010, 11:42 PM
HNTxr2NJHa0

"Jay Cutler is winning in Chicago. That's all that matters!"

atwater27
10-12-2010, 11:43 PM
"Jay Cutler is winning in Chicago. That's all that matters!"

HNTxr2NJHa0

silkamilkamonico
10-12-2010, 11:49 PM
HNTxr2NJHa0

Jay Cutler is 3-1 with Chicago this year. He's learned how to win and that's all that matters. Chicago has a legitimate shot to win their division this year if Cutler can stay healthy. You can hate all you want, but you can't ignore that fact.

atwater27
10-12-2010, 11:56 PM
Jay Cutler is 3-1 with Chicago this year. He's learned how to win and that's all that matters. Chicago has a legitimate shot to win their division this year if Cutler can stay healthy. You can hate all you want, but you can't ignore that fact.

We all know the Bears are going down in flames. Interesting attempt at subtle reverse:laugh: psychology though.

Buff
10-13-2010, 12:02 AM
Score the first TD... Get a little confidence, get the crowd into it, make them pass more than they want to. If they cram it down our throats on the opening drive then the players and fans are both going to have that "here we go again" feeling.

If we can somehow win the time of possession battle then I like our chances. But that will require running the ball against a dominant front seven... Don't ask me how to pull that one off. All I know is that we won't beat the Jets and their blitz scheme by dropping back to pass 50+ times.

silkamilkamonico
10-13-2010, 12:07 AM
We all know the Bears are going down in flames. Interesting attempt at subtle reverse:laugh: psychology though.

I thought you'd like that. Trying to change your perception of his argument isn't going to get you anywhere with the battle of Jay Cutler.

Ravage!!!
10-13-2010, 01:13 AM
Really? had to change this to another Cutler discussion simply because Orton was mentioned? Damn.... its really OK to mention Orton's name without having to bring up Cutler.

The offense's inability to get the ball into the endzone, has NOTHING to do with Cutler. Its time some just accept this fact, and quit trying to defend every single comment about THIS team to players/coaches/teams of the past. They have NOTHING to do with one another.

Shazam!
10-13-2010, 01:28 AM
I live in Jets town.

I pray Denver wins this game or Im going to get tortured for a month.

spikerman
10-13-2010, 06:15 AM
LMAO

I think he was trying to keep the discussion limited to players who are currently a member of the Broncos.

broncophan
10-13-2010, 07:23 AM
How do we beat the Jets??

The same way we beat the Titans....although....hopefully run a little better.
Being that it is at Denver gives me a little hope....but I figured we would be 1-5 after 6 games....3-3 would be O.K. with me....
GO BRONCOS!!

Traveler
10-13-2010, 09:09 AM
Feel free to correct anything, I normally don't post threads like this.

Our star safety is out, our best 2 pass rushers are currently injured, one of our 1st round picks is out, our starting CB is out, our special teams captain is out, our backup free safety is out, our offensive line can't run block and is looking like garbage, not to mention we are playing a 4-1 team who has beaten some good opponents.

How Denver wins:
-Cornerbacks
There were a few balls last week that very well could have been interceptions. In the preseason, Thompson and Cox made a few more plays on the ball. Champ Bailey hasn't been picking the ball off a lot lately either. Of course, the team needs to focus on defending the run and to let Mark Sanchez make mistakes. Even without Ayers, Mark Sanchez is not Peyton Manning. We should still have enough of a secondary to match up with their receivers(Double cover Santonio or Edwards with Champ on the other one).

-Stack the box.
This is a defense that shut down Chris Johnson, even if it did get gashed by Ray Rice. McDaniels mentioned possibly using a 4-3 alignment. It's very well possible we just go to this and have Jarvis Moss and Jason Hunter rotate on one side of the line with Bannan/Vickerson on the other side.

On Offense:
We just played 2 elite defenses. If the offensive line can hold up and avoid penalties, Kyle Orton can gash this defense. There will be 1 on 1 matchups that our receivers will have a clear advantage in. If Eric Decker is active this week, look for him to have a big game and fill the void left by Thomas if he winds up inactive. I also see no reason why Eddie Royal can't start having some of the big plays that Brandon Lloyd has been having, he should have more speed. If Moreno is active, the short passing game will be far more effective because Orton loves to dump the ball off which will open up the running game. Maybe McDaniels will even swallow some of his pride and look through the old Shanahan zone blocking schemes and install that this week. Would certainly be a huge help as opposed to "WOOHOO! POWER FOOTBALL! THAT'S WHERE THE DEFENSE POWERS THE OFFENSIVE LINE BACK AND TACKLES THE RB IN THE BACKFIELD FOR A LOSS! CHAMPIONSHIP!"

Looks to be a close game, getting Moreno back is huge. Even with the injuries, we are a deep team with big play potential on both sides of the football. I don't feel like this is a "the sky is falling" type situation we are going into, even with all of the injuries. It is a winnable game, it reminds me of when we played the "red hot" Jets in 08 against Favre. Difference is: Our passing attack is better this time, our defense is better this time, and they blitz a hell of a lot more than they did under Mangini which should leave somebody open.

Just don't see us winning this game no matter who's available to play.

MasterShake
10-13-2010, 09:46 AM
We beat the Jets by not beating ourselves. We still have an awesome passing attack and we will find ways to get to the endzone if we can focus. What we don't need is good runs being called back on holds or horrible special teams play. Win all three phases, win the game.

Start fast and let the crowd suffocate them. Invesco fans can still rock if they have a reason to. The Seattle game a few weeks ago was a blast and really set the mood for how the game would turn out.

The "All Powerful Jets"... :rolleyes:

Ravage!!!
10-13-2010, 09:52 AM
Any given Sunday. No matter what, I think we all know that our team isn't as good as the Jets is right now. But if we catch them on a bad day, get a lucky bounce, get a lucky kick return or turnover for a TD... then we might escape with a win.

But its going to come down to having things go our way. I don't think we beat them purely on being to out play without some lucky bounces.

Lon Chaney
10-13-2010, 10:50 AM
Visiting Jets Fan Here.....

I'm not here to troll or fight, just to discuss this game.

This game scares me as a Jets fan for 2 reasons:

1. Short week and travel. Denver is a hard place to play in the first place but add in the fact that the last game ended Tuesday morning at 1 am and the Jets are leaving Friday night, that's a quick turnover. Add in the altitude and some of these guys might be gasping in the 2nd half.

2. The Broncos passing attack. The Jets like to Blitz and it has been effective sometimes. But it leaves this defense open to the big play through the air. With Revis likely out, I'm worried about some of the passing plays that will happen when the blitz is picked up.

It should be a competitive game, probably a one score game in the 4th quarter.

Ravage!!!
10-13-2010, 10:55 AM
Visiting Jets Fan Here.....

I'm not here to troll or fight, just to discuss this game.

This game scares me as a Jets fan for 2 reasons:

1. Short week and travel. Denver is a hard place to play in the first place but add in the fact that the last game ended Tuesday morning at 1 am and the Jets are leaving Friday night, that's a quick turnover. Add in the altitude and some of these guys might be gasping in the 2nd half.

2. The Broncos passing attack. The Jets like to Blitz and it has been effective sometimes. But it leaves this defense open to the big play through the air. With Revis likely out, I'm worried about some of the passing plays that will happen when the blitz is picked up.

It should be a competitive game, probably a one score game in the 4th quarter.

All good points. I do think the short week, the late night, and the traveling to Denver with the thin air is ABSOLUTELY our biggest advantage. We haven't exactly had a big 'home field' advantage since the new stadium has been built, but I think the short week will be huge for us.

I'm hoping to catch you guys on a weak day. Welcome to the board :salute:

shank
10-13-2010, 11:07 AM
All good points. I do think the short week, the late night, and the traveling to Denver with the thin air is ABSOLUTELY our biggest advantage. We haven't exactly had a big 'home field' advantage since the new stadium has been built, but I think the short week will be huge for us.

I'm hoping to catch you guys on a weak day. Welcome to the board :salute:

doing some no-huddle stuff early and often would probably be a great advantage for us. seems like we've all been talking about it since last season, let's just hope that McD puts 2 and 2 together.

Jagsbch
10-13-2010, 11:46 AM
The Jets like to Blitz

This is the scariest thing I have heard all day:hurt::afraid::flame::painkiller::dead:
:ballchain::nervous::censored::violin::crazy::peep ::frusty::doh:

Lon Chaney
10-13-2010, 12:34 PM
doing some no-huddle stuff early and often would probably be a great advantage for us. seems like we've all been talking about it since last season, let's just hope that McD puts 2 and 2 together.

The no-huddle or 2 minute offense seems to kill the Jets. I don't know why teams don't go to it more often. The Jets like to rotate their DLmen and secondary players to create optimum match-ups in their favor. By not huddling, it prevents Ryan from establishing these match-ups.

On the other side of the ball, whoever said the Jets aren't a smashmouth team this year is dead wrong. Sure, they opened up the playbook a little more for Sanchez. However, they still lead the league in rushing yards per game, yards per carry, and are third in attempts.

Make no mistake about it, the Jets want to line up and run the ball 35-45 times a game.

underrated29
10-13-2010, 12:40 PM
The no-huddle or 2 minute offense seems to kill the Jets. I don't know why teams don't go to it more often. The Jets like to rotate their DLmen and secondary players to create optimum match-ups in their favor. By not huddling, it prevents Ryan from establishing these match-ups.

On the other side of the ball, whoever said the Jets aren't a smashmouth team this year is dead wrong. Sure, they opened up the playbook a little more for Sanchez. However, they still lead the league in rushing yards per game, yards per carry, and are third in attempts.

Make no mistake about it, the Jets want to line up and run the ball 35-45 times a game.

LT and keller. That is my worry. We can handle the big bruiser backs like shonne. and our secondary despite being wiped out by injuries still plays well and can shut down most teams receivers.

HOWEVER- Nate jones- our nickleback is frugging terrible!!! And I expect that he will face off on keller, while allowing cox or cash to take on crotchery.

Now, we might luck out because Nate Jones can also play Saftey. If that is the case then we will not have such a huge hole in the middle of the defense. It will be a close close game, but I;ve always thought we match up well with you guys.

Day1BroncoFan
10-13-2010, 12:42 PM
Scoring points would be a good start.

I haven't read this whole thread... yet.

arapaho2
10-13-2010, 12:54 PM

i hope we dont win the toss .....and then give the ball to them

it seems pretty deflating to practise hard all week...go into a game thinking you got a plan to stop the ravens...then watch them trot down the field with ease ...win the toss..take the ball and set the tone that they cant stop us

Lon Chaney
10-13-2010, 01:06 PM
i hope we dont win the toss .....and then give the ball to them

it seems pretty deflating to practise hard all week...go into a game thinking you got a plan to stop the ravens...then watch them trot down the field with ease ...win the toss..take the ball and set the tone that they cant stop us

Sounds good in theory, but the Jets haven't given up a single point in the 1st quarter all season.

Ryan's schemes are so exoctic that it sometimes takes 2 or 3 possessions for the opposing OC and QB to figure them out. Not saying it's impossible, just stating the facts.

Best example is last year's AFC Championship game. Manning was sacked on 2 of the 1st 3 possesions. The D looked like it was goin to dominate. Of cources, Peyton figured it out and then exploited the single coverages.

arapaho2
10-13-2010, 01:08 PM
Sounds good in theory, but the Jets haven't given up a single point in the 1st quarter all season.

Ryan's schemes are so exoctic that it sometimes takes 2 or 3 possessions for the opposing OC and QB to figure them out. Not saying it's impossible, just stating the facts.

Best example is last year's AFC Championship game. Manning was sacked on 2 of the 1st 3 possesions. The D looked like it was goin to dominate. Of cources, Peyton figured it out and then exploited the single coverages.

still winning the toss and giving the ball to the opposing team does what? did it work against indy last year...did it work against the ravens this year?

WARHORSE
10-13-2010, 01:12 PM
Demaryius was supposed to be a large part of the gameplan against the Ravens from what I hear.

If hes healthy, we should do the same.

The Jest will bring the heat all the time.

Lloyd on one side, Demaryius on the other.

I think Demaryius can win a jump ball against anyone on their team.

Including Revis.

I dont think Revis will be playing though in all honesty.

BigDaddyBronco
10-13-2010, 01:13 PM
Yea, the Jets blitz packages scare me the most. If Orton doesn't find the open guys and our young and unhealthy OLine doesn't pick up the blitzers, it will be a long day....

With our beat-up defense, they will attempt to bend and not break, limiting the points against us, if the offense can play well and score we have a chance, if not the defense will get worn out and it will be a blow out.

But in my opinion the Ravens are better than the Jets, so we should have a better chance.

shank
10-13-2010, 01:29 PM
still winning the toss and giving the ball to the opposing team does what? did it work against indy last year...did it work against the ravens this year?

it absolutely would have if we could have put together damned drive to begin the 2nd half against the ravens.

i'm always in favor of kicking to start the game. always.

underrated29
10-13-2010, 01:34 PM
it absolutely would have if we could have put together damned drive to begin the 2nd half against the ravens.

normally I am too, except when at Home. I want the crowd into the game. If we give them the ball and they drive down and score the crowd is already somewhat out of it.

But if we get the ball, and we score crowd is up big time. if not the jets still have not done anything and the crowd will be up for the defense. I love the loud crowd. I just wish I knew of 78000 people who would be as loud and crazy as me. No QB would be able to hike the ball.

arapaho2
10-13-2010, 05:20 PM

and wouldnt it be better to put together a drive to start the game..quieting the crown right off?...letting the ravens d know they cant stop orton?

its no differant than last year given manning the ball and watching him put us down 7 in a matter of minutes...kinda deflating

Ravage!!!
10-13-2010, 07:52 PM
I, personally, am not in favor of giving the other team's offense the ball, ever. Certainly don't want to do it when we have a choice not too.

I Eat Staples
10-13-2010, 08:16 PM
The first possession of the second half is more important than the first possession of the game. First of all, most teams don't score on their first possession, and they shouldn't against a decent defense. Second, scoring before halftime and at the start of the second half is the easiest way to put two scoring possessions together. It can be a 14 point swing that can't be seen if you choose to receive, if done correctly.

shank
10-13-2010, 08:18 PM
The first possession of the second half is more important than the first possession of the game. First of all, most teams don't score on their first possession, and they shouldn't against a decent defense. Second, scoring before halftime and at the start of the second half is the easiest way to put two scoring possessions together. It can be a 14 point swing that can't be seen if you choose to receive, if done correctly.

what he said.

(was too lazy to post cause i've lived this debate lots of times already)

Ravage!!!
10-13-2010, 08:20 PM

Why would it be easier to score at halftime than at the beginning of the game? The defenses in the NFL are ahead of the offenses, and the defenses have just as much room to adjust at Half-time as the offense does.

At least at the beginning of the game, if you come out with a good game plan, you can put together sets and mis-matches that the defense didn't prepare for. Getting points early puts your team in control from the start.

HORSEPOWER 56
10-13-2010, 09:09 PM
The only way we win is if we can win the turnover battle in a big way. In all of our wins, we're + in turnovers. In our losses, we're - or even.

TXBRONC
10-13-2010, 09:13 PM
How do we beat the Jets?

With a very big stick. :behindsofa:

Seriously we beat the Jets the way HP said.

rcsodak
10-14-2010, 05:32 PM
But it COULD have. Its been shown to give the team the last possession of the first half, anf then they start with it in the 2nd. Its like having an additional series.
Denver had it working last week by scoring just before half. Had they been successful and scored after HT, its a 3pt game, and MAJOR MOMENTUM CHANGER!
No different than opening a game with an onsides kick. Successful teams had won MORE than 50% of the time.
Its called playing the odds, which sometimes you have to do to beat a better team.

rcsodak
10-14-2010, 05:36 PM
normally I am too, except when at Home. I want the crowd into the game. If we give them the ball and they drive down and score the crowd is already somewhat out of it.

But if we get the ball, and we score crowd is up big time. if not the jets still have not done anything and the crowd will be up for the defense. I love the loud crowd. I just wish I knew of 78000 people who would be as loud and crazy as me. No QB would be able to hike the ball.
Doesnt the C do that? :eek:

:couch:

rcsodak
10-14-2010, 05:40 PM
The only way we win is if we can win the turnover battle in a big way. In all of our wins, we're + in turnovers. In our losses, we're - or even.
Not exactly comforting, seeings how NYJ haven't had a TO since wk 1. And will break the record by having only 1 thru 6wks.
I'd LOVE to see 3int's and an LT fumble.