PDA

View Full Version : Revis might miss more time with hamstring injury

topscribe
10-12-2010, 11:03 AM
New York Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis is still dealing with pain in his strained
hamstring and was obviously having issues with his leg during the team's win
over the Minnesota Vikings.

"It was hurting throughout the whole game,'' Revis said.. "I just fought through
it and got through the game.''

Although Revis said he didn't aggravate the injury, he acknowledged that it's
very sore.

Revis is unsure if he'll be able to play this week against the Denver Broncos.

"I don’t know,'' Revis said. "As of right now, we’re going to take it day-by-day,
like we’ve been doing, and we’ll see how it goes.''

Revis was beaten by Percy Harvin(notes) for a touchdown pass.

A second magnetic resonance imaging exam isn't believed to be needed.

"Right now, it’s very sore, and it’s very swollen," Revis said.http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=nfp-20101012_revis_might_miss_more_time_with_hamstring _injury

This might sound kind of cold, but, boy, if the Broncos needed anything, they
could certainly use this now . . .

-----

NightTrainLayne
10-12-2010, 11:08 AM
I bet he plays, but looks like he might not be as effective as the Jets would hope.

Tom Nalen
10-12-2010, 12:13 PM
imo, Revis thinks he is better than he actually is.

underrated29
10-12-2010, 12:22 PM

agreed. Brandon flowers is playing much much better than revis is/was--before the whole hammy thing.

Still I would love to see him on the sidelines standing, then in the game playing. We can easily beat cromoartie, who is soooooo overrated. He is afraid of contact like no ones business. I say we run a screen with dan grahm to his side at least twice a series. There is no way cro will get in his way, or want to try and make the tackle.

Lets go Broncos!

BroncoWave
10-12-2010, 12:27 PM

agreed. Brandon flowers is playing much much better than revis is/was--before the whole hammy thing.

Still I would love to see him on the sidelines standing, then in the game playing. We can easily beat cromoartie, who is soooooo overrated. He is afraid of contact like no ones business. I say we run a screen with dan grahm to his side at least twice a series. There is no way cro will get in his way, or want to try and make the tackle.

Lets go Broncos!

Check the stats of the WRs he went up against last year. It's not even debatable how good he is when healthy.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-14-2010, 04:18 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16339439?source=rss

FLORHAM PARK, N.J.—Darrelle Revis and Calvin Pace are coming along for the ride.

Whether the New York Jets defensive stars play in Denver against the Broncos on Sunday is still up in the air.

Coach Rex Ryan said Thursday that he wants both to travel with the team Friday rather than have them stay back at the facility to rehabilitate their injuries. They'll be evaluated after the 4-hour flight and the team's walkthrough Saturday.

"After talking to Darrelle and all that, we're going to take him to Denver, one way or the other, because he wants to be with his team, whether he can play or not," Ryan said. "And that's where I want him, also. Hopefully he'll be ready to play."

When asked if the same plan stood for Pace, Ryan said: "Yeah, both of them will make the trip."

Revis and Pace were limited at practice after not participating in team drills Wednesday.

"So," Ryan said, "that's an improvement from yesterday."

Revis played in New York's 29-20 victory over Minnesota on Monday night, but said his left hamstring was "very sore" and bothered him throughout the game. He had been sidelined two games with a strained hamstring.

"He looked good today," Ryan said. "Again, though, it's too early to say he's definitely going to play. I'm still not comfortable with that."

Ryan and defensive coordinator Mike Pettine both said the defense will prepare as if Revis will not play, although the All-Pro cornerback practiced a lot with the first-team unit Wednesday. Ryan added that it's possible the Jets could use Revis in a limited role against the Broncos, rather than have him sit out completely.

"If that's what we think ends up being the best thing for us and the best thing for Darrelle, absolutely," he said.

Pace made his regular-season debut Monday after missing the first four games with a broken right foot. He was extremely sore Wednesday, but said he'll be fine to play.

"He felt good today," Ryan said. "Yesterday, he was probably worse than Darrelle. That's how sore he was, but he did really well today, did exactly what was asked."

Denver Native (Carol)
10-14-2010, 04:33 PM
http://twitter.com/postbroncos

For the Jets, Revis and Calvin Pace were both limited. Everyone else was full participation. 3 minutes ago via TweetDeck

rcsodak
10-14-2010, 04:36 PM
spend the 1st qtr making him defend double/triple moves. That should 'help' him. :D Thing with this offense though, is McD will just use his other able wr's with lloyd being revis' waldo. Then if/when he comes off the field, open lloyd up.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Ravage!!!
10-14-2010, 04:41 PM
spend the 1st qtr making him defend double/triple moves. That should 'help' him. :D Thing with this offense though, is McD will just use his other able wr's with lloyd being revis' waldo. Then if/when he comes off the field, open lloyd up.

you think we can keep the jets DL off Orton long enough for double and triple moves? I think double and triple moves is something that the Jets hope we try.

rcsodak
10-14-2010, 05:05 PM
you think we can keep the jets DL off Orton long enough for double and triple moves? I think double and triple moves is something that the Jets hope we try.
By "waldo", I meant the 'bunny' that greyhounds chase around the track.
Simply put, lloyd could run his ass ragged and be a decoy.

FanInAZ
10-14-2010, 06:15 PM
Check the stats of the WRs he went up against last year. It's not even debatable how good he is when healthy.

I have no idea where to go to get such stats. Can you provide a link?