PDA

View Full Version : Poll: how much of the olympics will you watch?

ktrain
08-03-2008, 08:42 PM
watching the foreskins vs the pay-a-ton mannings and I keep seeing these ads for the olympics......makes me wonder, who actually watches this shit?????

So I have question, how much of the olympics will you watch?

for me, not one second

sneakers
08-04-2008, 01:50 AM
I like the winter olympics better because it has Curling!! I love watching Curling.

anton...
08-04-2008, 05:32 AM
ill only watch if the broncos are playing...

:balloons:
________
SONYAROUGE (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/sonyarouge)

Skinny
08-04-2008, 06:08 AM
I'll stop for a quick look when flipping through the channels. If the competition is close i'll watch it.

But when it's all said and done, it probably won't be that much.

BigDaddyBronco
08-04-2008, 07:45 AM
I'm a sports junkie, so I'll watch lots of it (as time permits). This year there are seven different channels with something like 212 hours a day of olympics programming. I might watch some of the more obscure events this time.

Den21vsBal19
08-04-2008, 07:53 AM
I may watch the football tourney, but that's about it............

Watching the Olympics is like watching the Chargers........................you never know who's on the 'roids ;)

MOtorboat
08-04-2008, 07:59 AM
Basketball, Baseball, Track, Swimming.

NightTrainLayne
08-04-2008, 08:46 AM
Basketball, Baseball, Track, Swimming.

What are sports that midgets don't do well at, for $500 Alex.

:D

MOtorboat
08-04-2008, 08:52 AM

Definitely swimming. Those dudes are monsters.

Kapaibro
08-04-2008, 09:21 AM
I'll be watching as much as possible, but especially my cousin Steven Ferguson in the kayaking.

Day1BroncoFan
08-04-2008, 10:29 AM
I don't watch much TV and have no particulay intention to watch the Olympics. If I happen to run across something on during the limited time I watch TV I might watch it, aside from that probably not one much if any.

I didn't vote because I didn't feel any choices fit.

broncosfanscott
08-12-2008, 08:20 PM
I pretty much watch swimming and a little track and field. I also got into watching the women's beach volleyball team.....they are awesome.

slim
08-12-2008, 08:32 PM
Track, swimming, beach VB...whatever else catches my eye.

girler
08-12-2008, 08:37 PM
Everytime I see the TV on, the kids are playing wii. :rolleyes:

Slick
08-12-2008, 08:48 PM
I'll be watching as much as possible, but especially my cousin Steven Ferguson in the kayaking.

Is he from New Zealand Kap? I'll root for him.

I haven't seen much at all. The coverage on Cablemas blows.

I'm on the hunt for web coverage as we speak.

Slick
08-12-2008, 08:50 PM

The comments on your lack of a sense of humor are erroneous. That was pretty good.

slim
08-12-2008, 09:00 PM
My wife was watching women's gymnastics the other day. I swear the Chinese have a chick on their team that is like 12 years old (if that).

MOtorboat
08-12-2008, 09:02 PM
I've actually been watching a lot of it, and yes, slim they have some young girls on their team, but they are all "16"

slim
08-12-2008, 09:05 PM
I've actually been watching a lot of it, and yes, slim they have some young girls on their team, but they are all "16"

Right, you pervert.

J/K...it's pretty clear they are not (the announcers where making a big deal about it). Although I'm not sure what advantage there would be to having chicks that are 15 or less. :noidea:

MOtorboat
08-12-2008, 10:07 PM
Right, you pervert.

J/K...it's pretty clear they are not (the announcers where making a big deal about it). Although I'm not sure what advantage there would be to having chicks that are 15 or less. :noidea:

They've allowed it before, I don't know why they changed the rule this year. They didn't change it in diving.

frauschieze
08-12-2008, 10:29 PM
I've actually watched a bunch this year, particularly swimming. In fact, just watched Phelps win his 10th gold medal ever, more than any other Olympian in history. :cool:

MOtorboat
08-12-2008, 10:30 PM
Five seconds!

Gold medal No. 5...

Dick Spitz...I mean Mark Spitz...step aside.

Italianmobstr7
08-12-2008, 11:03 PM
I've pretty much just kept it on, or flipped back and forth while I've been home. Also, at work we have 2 52 inch tv monitors (supposed to help us sell AT&T home services) and it's been on there all day at work. I've actually enjoyed watching the olympics. Michael Phelps is an amazing athlete, and I hope he gets all 8 gold medals. He's been putting on amazing show after amazing show. The men's relay race the other day with us coming back to defeat the french was very exciting. I watched water polo this morning with U.S. vs Italy. It was a good match, but I don't really understand the rules except for throwing what looks like a volleyball into soccer net that is set in a pool. I also really like the women's beach volleyball. Not only are May and Walsh great at what they do, but they LOOK great doing it. Go U.S.A.!

Kapaibro
08-13-2008, 09:46 AM
Is he from New Zealand Kap? I'll root for him.

I haven't seen much at all. The coverage on Cablemas blows.

I'm on the hunt for web coverage as we speak.

That's his athlete page from the NZ team site.

Steven Ferguson (http://www.olympic.org.nz/Athletes/AthleteProfile.aspx?Print=&ContactID=43&id=3774)

My uncle, his dad is the Kayaking coach (he has a wee bit of experience).

Ian Ferguson (http://www.olympic.org.nz/Athletes/AthleteProfile.aspx?Print=&ContactID=1175&id=3774)

Kapaibro
08-13-2008, 12:56 PM
They've allowed it before, I don't know why they changed the rule this year. They didn't change it in diving.

They haven't changed the rule, but it is considered to be dangerous for such young children to do such high impact activities. The younger the girl, the more flexible she is. The US, and countries like England etc have selfimposed an age limit of 16.

The big deal is being made by the Karolyis(the US gymastic coaches). They are used to being able to take young Eastern Bloc girls for their team. Bela coached Comaneci to her perfect 10's at the age of 14.

Karolyis rant (http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/beijing/gymnastics/news;_ylt=AmIsQ6.v6duo8e.mW9bpI6U5nYcB?slug=dw-karolyis081308&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

Kapaibro
08-13-2008, 01:02 PM
I was also absolutely stoked to see NZ'er Moss Burmester get 4th equal in the 200 Butterfly final.

broncosfanscott
08-13-2008, 04:59 PM
The men's relay race the other day with us coming back to defeat the french was very exciting.

That race was unbelievable and the fact that the French relay team was talking smack on how they were going to smash the Americans made it GOLD even better.

Well, I watched the USA v. Nigeria soccer game. We lost 2-1 and are eliminated. Totally sucks because if it wasn't for a Netherlands goal in the 93rd minute then USA would be in the medal round.

The USA Softball team continues to just dominate the Olympics with their second no-hitter. Two game and the haven't allowed a hit yet is amazing. Looks like they will win the gold again only to have softball eliminated from the Olympics.

frauschieze
08-13-2008, 09:18 PM
They haven't changed the rule, but it is considered to be dangerous for such young children to do such high impact activities. The younger the girl, the more flexible she is. The US, and countries like England etc have selfimposed an age limit of 16.

The big deal is being made by the Karolyis(the US gymastic coaches). They are used to being able to take young Eastern Bloc girls for their team. Bela coached Comaneci to her perfect 10's at the age of 14.

Karolyis rant (http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/beijing/gymnastics/news;_ylt=AmIsQ6.v6duo8e.mW9bpI6U5nYcB?slug=dw-karolyis081308&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

I can't say for certain what it was like in the past, but this year there IS an age restriction. All those tiny Chinese women on the gymnastics team are all supposedly 16. In order to compete, the rule is that they must turn 16 in the Olympic year. A couple of those Chinese kids could be 10, at the most 12.

slim
08-13-2008, 09:23 PM
I can't say for certain what it was like in the past, but this year there IS an age restriction. All those tiny Chinese women on the gymnastics team are all supposedly 16. In order to compete, the rule is that they must turn 16 in the Olympic year. A couple of those Chinese kids could be 10, at the most 12.

I only watched for a second (while I went to the kitchen for a beer) but I agree that some of them are not 16. The thing that makes it difficult is that Asians tend to look a lot younger than they are.

For example, the wife and I were talking to some strangers one day. They asked us if she was my wife or my daughter. She is only 3 years younger than me, but she really does look much younger than that.

My gut tells me the girls on the Chinese team are only around 12, but I can't be sure.

Stargazer
08-15-2008, 11:30 PM
Every time I get a chance to watch. The Olympics have been very entertaining this year.

dogfish
08-17-2008, 04:39 AM
I've pretty much just kept it on, or flipped back and forth while I've been home. Also, at work we have 2 52 inch tv monitors (supposed to help us sell AT&T home services) and it's been on there all day at work. I've actually enjoyed watching the olympics. Michael Phelps is an amazing athlete, and I hope he gets all 8 gold medals. He's been putting on amazing show after amazing show. The men's relay race the other day with us coming back to defeat the french was very exciting. I watched water polo this morning with U.S. vs Italy. It was a good match, but I don't really understand the rules except for throwing what looks like a volleyball into soccer net that is set in a pool. I also really like the women's beach volleyball. Not only are May and Walsh great at what they do, but they LOOK great doing it. Go U.S.A.!

http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/7939/obca3910811ph2008081100cl2.jpg

hmmmm. . . amazing athlete, OR. . . . pumped so full of weird performance-enhancing juice that he's now barely human. . . which do ya think it is?

i'll agree with you on walsh and may, though. . . . :D

KCL
08-17-2008, 09:32 AM

hmmmm. . . amazing athlete, OR. . . . pumped so full of weird performance-enhancing juice that he's now barely human. . . which do ya think it is?

I don't think he is pumped full of anything...IMO he trains/works hard for what he has accomplished.

Kapaibro
08-17-2008, 09:38 AM

Amazing athlete who has to consume over 12,000 calories per day to fuel his body for the tousands of miles he swims a year.

Only thing he appears to be pumped full of are fried egg sandwichs. It's easy to see that Phelps has bugger all body fat, and his muscles are long and lean as one would expect from a full time swimmer.

KCL
08-17-2008, 09:42 AM

I have watched very little of the Olympics.My daughter has watched them alot.She was watching and hollered at me to come see this girl.She looked to be about
10-11 years old.

KCL
08-17-2008, 09:46 AM
Amazing athlete who has to consume over 12,000 calories per day to fuel his body for the tousands of miles he swims a year.

Only thing he appears to be pumped full of are fried egg sandwichs. It's easy to see that Phelps has bugger all body fat, and his muscles are long and lean as one would expect from a full time swimmer.

My husband was telling me about what all he eats for breakfast.It was amazing.:eek:He burns it all off too.

dogfish
08-17-2008, 01:25 PM
http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/720/headinsandqn7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

;)

a few years ago, marion jones was also an incredible athlete who worked out twelve hours a day, and i'm sure that phelps really does-- after all, steroids, HGH and all the other weird shit we haven't even heard of isn't going to build a bit of muscle or improve your conditioning the slightest bit if all you're doing is sitting on the couch. . . barry bonds was a fantastic baseball player without the juice, too-- and merriman is still a good football player, just not as amazing as he was with the chemical help. . . when somebody performs at a super-human level, there's usually a reason. . .

dogfish
08-17-2008, 01:26 PM
My husband was telling me about what all he eats for breakfast.It was amazing.:eek:He burns it all off too.

did he mention the quart of HGH he has with his coffee?

:lol:

Kapaibro
08-17-2008, 01:28 PM
Why do people automatically assume that a winner has cheated?

Lonestar
08-17-2008, 01:31 PM

Because we have seen alot of it lately.. and in the chinese cases they probably are..

No one is ever going to convince me those girls on the gymnastic team are 16 and above..

Kapaibro
08-17-2008, 01:34 PM
Because we have seen alot of it lately.. and in the chinese cases they probably are..

No one is ever going to convince me those girls on the gymnastic team are 16 and above..

Well I agree on that one. Especially as there have been conflicting interviews and such.

Oh well they have passports, issued by the Government, who wants to win as many golds as possible.

But Phelps has been tested up the wazoo for years on end, peed into god knows how many cups, and given more blood than he probably has in his entire body.

dogfish
08-17-2008, 01:39 PM

i don't-- you won't catch me accusing kevin garnett or chris paul of juicing, or tiger woods, annika sorestam, or either of the manning brothers (the list could go on, but you get the point). . . however, when someone just utterly dominates, not just on heart or brains, but sheer physical superiority, it becomes a legitmate question-- especially with top performers like bonds, merriman, marion jones and roger clemens getting exposed recently (and that tour de france winner from a few years ago) . . . and particularly when it's a sport that's rife with the use of performance-enhancing drugs. . . FRT, lance armstrong was accused, many, many times, and although they never caught him, i still suspect that he was a juicer-- there is so much undetectable shit it's not even funny, but how many olympians have been busted in the past decade? it's to the point that i assume most of them are doing it in some form, which is one reason i don't watch. . . it's a shame, but IMO the olympics has probably gotten so bad that most of them feel they have to do it just to keep up. . .

dogfish
08-17-2008, 01:42 PM

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/5487/play20dumbnb2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Skinny
08-17-2008, 01:50 PM
I watched quite a bit yesterday morning and around noon. Some of the row boat thingy, Water Polo, and the USA/Spain beach volleyball match which was great.

Watching the Women Volleyball match between USA and Poland right now.

KCL
08-17-2008, 03:50 PM

Because they don't believe that someone like Phelps can do what he does by just hard work.The guy does what he does constantly,not just during the
olympics.

KCL
08-17-2008, 03:52 PM
I did watch some of the women's basketball this morning.
US vs NZ......US was kicking some butt!