PDA

View Full Version : Dawkins, Ayers (broken foot) and Goodman ruled out against Jets

Tned
10-11-2010, 12:57 PM
McDaniels said in his news conference that Dawkins, Ayers, Goodman, McBath and Woodyard would not play next Sunday. Wouldn't go into specifics about their injuries.

Update: It's being reported that Ayers has a broken foot.

underrated29
10-11-2010, 12:58 PM
Muther.......!

Day1BroncoFan
10-11-2010, 12:59 PM
This can't be good. :sad:

Maybe our O can step up. :coffee:

honz
10-11-2010, 01:00 PM
Good. They all suck anyways.

Tned
10-11-2010, 01:05 PM
This can't be good. :sad:

Maybe our O can step up. :coffee:

As Jones (@PostBroncos) said, "being ruled out so early hints at severity, ominous for future weeks"

Day1BroncoFan
10-11-2010, 01:06 PM
As Jones (@PostBroncos) said, "being ruled out so early hints at severity, ominous for future weeks"

My thoughts exactly.

Northman
10-11-2010, 01:07 PM
So what little pass rush we do have is now gone. Well, injuries happen so McD will have to make do. No excuses.

LTC Pain
10-11-2010, 01:08 PM
What about Thomas???

underrated29
10-11-2010, 01:09 PM
what happened to ayers? I do not remember him getting hurt? And why are we always hurt. Someone take the injury bug and stuff it in the arse. That'll scare it away from here.

Lonestar
10-11-2010, 01:10 PM
McDaniels said in his news conference that Dawkins, Ayers, Goodman, McBath and Woodyard would not play next Sunday. Wouldn't go into specifics about their injuries.

What happened to Ayers and Woodyard I did not see them taken off the field

SOCALORADO.
10-11-2010, 01:12 PM
And the hits just keep on comin.............

Tned
10-11-2010, 01:12 PM
What about Thomas???

He hasn't been ruled out for Sunday. They are still evaluating how he progresses.

Not sure what happened to Ayers. That surprised me as well.

BORDERLINE
10-11-2010, 01:16 PM
ravens did a number on us that's for sure....now it really gets tuff....we should not expect much from our D next week...and Revis and Cromartie are not gana make it easy to fling the ball downfield...not feeling so great bout this game

Northman
10-11-2010, 01:17 PM
ravens did a number on us that's for sure....now it really gets tuff....we should not expect much from our D next week...and Revis and Cromartie are not gana make it easy to fling the ball downfield...not feeling so great bout this game

Yea, but some on here believe Sanchez sucks so we should be ok. :lol:

Tned
10-11-2010, 01:19 PM
I asked Andrew Mason and Lindsay Jones. Andrew said he didn't see Ayers get injured. Jones said she saw Ayers limping when he left the training room yesterday. The injury is "undisclosed" and Jones is working to find out what it is.

Lonestar
10-11-2010, 01:20 PM

Until I heard the M.A.S.H. report I felt good (not great) about the game . now not so much

Northman
10-11-2010, 01:21 PM
Until I heard the M.A.S.H. report I felt good (not great) about the game . now not so much

Git R Done

Lonestar
10-11-2010, 01:22 PM
I asked Andrew Mason and Lindsay Jones. Andrew said he didn't see Ayers get injured. Jones said she saw Ayers limping when he left the training room yesterday. The injury is "undisclosed" and Jones is working to find out what it is.

BOth are good at what they do. so hopefully we will get the scoop soon. just keep josina out of the loop she is really bad news at getting lousy reports out without confirmations.

Lonestar
10-11-2010, 01:24 PM
Git R Done

normally I would say the same thing but we did not have a bunch of depth to start with. losing your starting players certainly can't do any thing but get the kiddies experience.

robert ethan
10-11-2010, 01:26 PM
I wonder if the Thomas injury is holding up a possible Gaffney/Mankins deal. They started the game with Thomas, and Gaffney didn't see any action until DeMaryius was hurt. It seems like such a logical move for both teams, the Pats are getting nothing from Mankins, and the Broncos seem to have a surplus of wide receivers at the moment. Both players should require minimal adjustment periods to their new teams.

Tned
10-11-2010, 01:29 PM
Mason says that the only two healthy OLB's are Moss and Hunter, which could cause Haggan to move back outside.

underrated29
10-11-2010, 01:30 PM
I wonder if the Thomas injury is holding up a possible Gaffney/Mankins deal. They started the game with Thomas, and Gaffney didn't see any action until DeMaryius was hurt. It seems like such a logical move for both teams, the Pats are getting nothing from Mankins, and the Broncos seem to have a surplus of wide receivers at the moment. Both players should require minimal adjustment periods to their new teams.

last i heard it was VJ for mankins...but the chargers want more for VJ....no way the pats do a gaff for mankins trade. we would have to give up a pick or something else, which we do not have nor need to do... and yes I know we have a. 1,2,2,3 but we need those. I would not be happy with this kind of trade and doubt it gets done.

underrated29
10-11-2010, 01:30 PM
Mason says that the only two healthy OLB's are Moss and Hunter, which could cause Haggan to move back outside.

oh shit.

Northman
10-11-2010, 01:31 PM
Broncos- 20
NY Jets- 17

Got to stay positive.

rcsodak
10-11-2010, 01:37 PM
So what little pass rush we do have is now gone. Well, injuries happen so McD will have to make do. No excuses.
:tsk: Good grief, North.
Whats his other option? Call Goodell and ask him to reschedule? lol

McD has never used excuses, and I'd venture to say, goes out of his way to make that known.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

BORDERLINE
10-11-2010, 01:39 PM

but there running game is no joke...sanchez has weapons , and againts alot of back-ups in denvers defense...he could do damage

rcsodak
10-11-2010, 01:39 PM
Best 50% passer in the league. :coffee:

UnderArmour
10-11-2010, 01:40 PM
Our only hope on defense is if Jarvis Moss decides to play like a first round pick.

robert ethan
10-11-2010, 01:41 PM
last i heard it was VJ for mankins...but the chargers want more for VJ....no way the pats do a gaff for mankins trade. we would have to give up a pick or something else, which we do not have nor need to do... and yes I know we have a. 1,2,2,3 but we need those. I would not be happy with this kind of trade and doubt it gets done.

I think the perspective is different this season with the uncertainty of future seasons hanging in the air. Go for it now is the motto. Jackson will miss a few extra games because they missed the deadline for trading him. He wouldn't be able to help the Pats until mid season at least. Gaffney can step right into their lineup. Throw in Buckhalter, maybe, the Broncos aren't using him and N.E. is short of backs at the moment. Belichick likes experienced backs. Anything would be better for them than what they're getting from Mankins at the moment, and they don't seem to be missing him much. Denver desperately need O line help. The Beadles and Daniels experiments have been abandoned. Not that there was much chance they would have succeeded in the first place. Walton is probably hanging by a thread, and if they get Mankins, perhaps Hochstein would move to center.

rcsodak
10-11-2010, 01:42 PM
Looks like the 43 this week.

T.K.O.
10-11-2010, 01:44 PM
first bronco game i have been to in almost 3 years.....they will win !
or i will be the guy in sec 100 yelling..........

POOP !:laugh:

GEM
10-11-2010, 01:53 PM

Patriots aren't going to want Gaffney back. They already had him and let him go. Don't see that happening.

broncofaninfla
10-11-2010, 01:56 PM
These injuries won't matter. We can't run the ball and the Jets have the talent and scheme to shut down our passing game. This could very well be a VERY embarrassing loss. I pray Moreno shows up and has flashbacks of his Georgia days, somebody slips our O-line some roids and Mcd steals a couple plays from the Ravens rushing playbook, because the Patriot running plays damn sure aren't getting it done here in Denver.
With no signs of getting better in the running game, things are going to get worse before they get better. My hats off to Orton, everybody and their mothers know he is going to throw the ball yet he has still been able to do so effectively and impressingly at times. This team is just a rushing attack away from being a pretty damn good team BUT we are light years away from having a effective running game. IMO it's going to take personnel changes on the Oline, RB's and position coaches as well as a scheme adjustment as well. EVERYTHING about our running game needs to be changed.

Tned
10-11-2010, 01:56 PM
Patriots aren't going to want Gaffney back. They already had him and let him go. Don't see that happening.

I agree. However, to play Devils' Advocate, supposedly they were pissed off when McDaniels signed Gaffney, since they didn't think anyone would pick him up and they could resign him.

Northman
10-11-2010, 01:57 PM
McD has never used excuses, and I'd venture to say, goes out of his way to make that known.

Thank god mate, because he gets a load of them from people on here. :lol:

robert ethan
They also had Randy Moss when they let Gaffney go. Jabbar was the primary backup there for a few years. Just as he was the primary backup to Marshall in Denver. I think he has shown he can handle the job if called upon to take over, and I'm sure Belichick is aware of the fact.

Lonestar
Has anyone heard that they are not happy with Walton.

I have heard nothing but positive from the powers to be about him

In fact in one game he was the highest rated oline guy.

As for beadles. I have not heard they have abandonded him as an OG.

Or should we order a TFH for ethan also.

LTC Pain
10-11-2010, 02:03 PM
On the other hand! I saw on ESPN this morning that Jason La Confora is reporting that Moreno will definitley play next Sunday. No clue what his source is.

robert ethan
10-11-2010, 02:04 PM
Well, you can't say the O line is a strength. Without needing to point fingers at specific individuals, there is a problem. Mankins is familiar with McDaniel's offensive strategy, as Gaffney is familiar with Belichick's. Hochstein and Mankins played together for a number of years on some very successful teams. Combine their chemistry with Kuper inside and I think you'd see a huge difference in the Bronco running game. With Clady and Harris on the outside it wouldn't take long for this to be one of the best lines in the league.

ikillz0mbies
10-11-2010, 02:25 PM
I would love for the Broncos to trade for Mankins. He would be a HUGE improvement on the o-line. The only question is the cost. I'd have for the Broncos to trade away more than a 2nd round pick. They need those picks to pick up defensive linemen rather than sign guys in their 30s. I would think that Belicheck would welcome Gaffney back. When he was a Pat, he did really well for them. At least he would be a much better option for them than Deion Branch (who Brady called when Moss was traded). If the Broncos can manage a trade of Gaffney and a pick for Mankins, I would call it a win-win.

As for the injuries on defense, they're pretty much depleted as hell. If the Broncos don't find a way to pressure Sanchez, Holmes, Edwards, Keller, and Cotchery are going to have one hell of a field day. Not to mention LT and Greene on the ground. It's good that the Broncos are at home, but without Ayers to help on the run, Dawkins to line up in the box or Goodman to help shut down the other side, I sense a loss. At least this is the last game of the hardest part of the season for the Broncos.

arapaho2
10-11-2010, 02:44 PM
:tsk: Good grief, North.
Whats his other option? Call Goodell and ask him to reschedule? lol

to bad his elite fan club doesnt ..lol

Oldschoolcrush
10-11-2010, 03:27 PM
What happens when you ask a defense to manage the entire game because your offense #1 can't put points on the board #2 can't manage the clock #3 loses the field position battle over and over.....

You force Dawkins to run around like a madman trying to play clean up and you force a defense into a corner where they have to fight their way out.....
Too much time on the field.... They actually get it done, but not five minutes later they're back on the field.
It's a big f*cking snowball, and it's heading right for the D.... Again and again and.......

Jagsbch
10-11-2010, 03:33 PM
Hey Old school if I could give you 100 high fives for that responce I would. You Nailed it.

http://thatradio.podhoster.com/media/images/bigstockphoto_hammer_striking_nail_w_sparks_333329 .jpg

What happened to Ayers and Woodyard I did not see them taken off the field

They refuse to play as long as Tebow is on the bench:D

Denver Native (Carol)
10-11-2010, 03:39 PM
From Lindsay Jones

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_16310557?source=rss

— As if Sunday's 31-17 loss to Baltimore wasn't bad enough.

Coach Josh McDaniels said this morning that five players, all on defense, and including three starters, already have been ruled out of Sunday's game against the New York Jets because of injuries suffered at Baltimore.

Starting safety Brian Dawkins (knee), right cornerback Andre Goodman (quadriceps) and outside linebacker Robert Ayers (undisclosed) will be out, along with reserve safety Darcel McBath (ankle) and linebacker Wesley Woodyard (hamstring).

McDaniels said he didn't have timetables for when any of those players would be able to return.

"That's what I know right now," McDaniels said. "As far as length of time, I don't have an answer, and I probably wouldn't say it anyway."

Wide receiver Demaryius Thomas has not been ruled out, and the team will continue to monitor his recovery from the head injury that knocked him out of the game after taking a high-low hit on a kickoff return.

McDaniels acknowledged the team might have to "be creative" with its defensive game plan against the Jets because the team will be without two safeties - McBath is Dawkins' backup, and also plays in the dime package. Ayers is the team's top pass rusher. David Bruton and nickel cornerback Nate Jones are the team's remaining depth at safety.

With Ayers out, the Broncos have only two other outside linebackers on the 53-man roster, Jason Hunter and Jarvis Moss, though starting inside linebacker Mario Haggan started all of 2009 outside.

"Certainly the injuries don't make it easy, but we've been dealing with that for quite some time now. The next guy's got to step up and play well," McDaniels said. "We've got to give them a good game plan. We might have to be creative with a few things that we do, but that's part of everyone's season. Everyone has to go through roster decisions and make their minds up on how to make up for players that can't play, and that's where we are right now."

Lindsay H. Jones: 303-954-1262 or ljones@denverpost.com

Tned
10-11-2010, 03:46 PM
Hey Old school if I could give you 100 high fives for that responce I would. You Nailed it.

http://thatradio.podhoster.com/media/images/bigstockphoto_hammer_striking_nail_w_sparks_333329 .jpg

They refuse to play as long as Tebow is on the bench:D

Hey, resize the pics or stop posting them. You spammed a thread with huge pics yesterday.

Give it a rest.

spikerman
10-11-2010, 03:57 PM
We got a little taste of what it's like to watch the game without those players yesterday anyway. Goodman only played part of the first series, Dawkins was out for a part of the game, and Ayers didn't look all that interested in playing so he might as well have not been in there.

Next week could be just as ugly.

Buff
10-11-2010, 03:59 PM
Not good:

JosinaAnderson Alert: Sources Broncos OLB Robert Ayers has been told he has a broken bone in his foot. Ayers is out for an indefinite amount of time.

arapaho2
10-11-2010, 04:16 PM
From Lindsay Jones

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_16310557?source=rss

— As if Sunday's 31-17 loss to Baltimore wasn't bad enough.

Coach Josh McDaniels said this morning that five players, all on defense, and including three starters, already have been ruled out of Sunday's game against the New York Jets because of injuries suffered at Baltimore.

Starting safety Brian Dawkins (knee), right cornerback Andre Goodman (quadriceps) and outside linebacker Robert Ayers (undisclosed) will be out, along with reserve safety Darcel McBath (ankle) and linebacker Wesley Woodyard (hamstring).

McDaniels said he didn't have timetables for when any of those players would be able to return.

"That's what I know right now," McDaniels said. "As far as length of time, I don't have an answer, and I probably wouldn't say it anyway."

Wide receiver Demaryius Thomas has not been ruled out, and the team will continue to monitor his recovery from the head injury that knocked him out of the game after taking a high-low hit on a kickoff return.

McDaniels acknowledged the team might have to "be creative" with its defensive game plan against the Jets because the team will be without two safeties - McBath is Dawkins' backup, and also plays in the dime package. Ayers is the team's top pass rusher. David Bruton and nickel cornerback Nate Jones are the team's remaining depth at safety.

With Ayers out, the Broncos have only two other outside linebackers on the 53-man roster, Jason Hunter and Jarvis Moss, though starting inside linebacker Mario Haggan started all of 2009 outside.

"Certainly the injuries don't make it easy, but we've been dealing with that for quite some time now. The next guy's got to step up and play well," McDaniels said. "We've got to give them a good game plan. We might have to be creative with a few things that we do, but that's part of everyone's season. Everyone has to go through roster decisions and make their minds up on how to make up for players that can't play, and that's where we are right now."

Lindsay H. Jones: 303-954-1262 or ljones@denverpost.com

as long as moss can be solid in the rush defense...i dont see a huge dropoff from ayers 0.3 sacks per game anyway

safety is the issue

Tned
10-11-2010, 04:22 PM

Update: It's being reported that Ayers has a broken foot.

See update. It's being reported that Ayers has a broken foot.

Magnificent Seven
10-11-2010, 04:25 PM
Truly disappointed.

Tned
10-11-2010, 04:31 PM
Truly disappointed.

Don't worry, they say, "when you think things can't can any worse, they usually do..."

Jagsbch
10-11-2010, 04:34 PM
Broken foot? From the Broncos leading pass rusher this season? :eek:

Everyone one is just going to have to step up...

Hey I got a great idea, maybe we can use Richard Quinn as an LB? Are we concerned with a drop off in the offensive line as a result of his absence, how much worse can our pass rush be at this point?

6'4 255? I'd love to see how something like that would work out, what have we got to lose?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d9/Richard_Quinn_%28American_football%29.JPG/455px-Richard_Quinn_%28American_football%29.JPG

bcbronc
10-11-2010, 04:34 PM
oh well, we'll get 'em next year.

robert ethan
10-11-2010, 04:40 PM
From the picture I'd say Quinn won't be trying out for LB until after the giant crap he's been dying to have for the past few hours...Jags...

and I agree with the previous poster who complained that your oversized photos are a nuisance.

Jagsbch
10-11-2010, 04:47 PM
Am I the only one here thinking that Quinn could be a good OLB? McDaniels former mento did not hesitate to take an offensive player and convert him into a defensive one, man I'd love to see that~!!

LTC Pain
10-11-2010, 04:47 PM
See update. It's being reported that Ayers has a broken foot.

Crapazoa! :eek: :protest: :rant:

rcsodak
10-11-2010, 04:58 PM
to bad his elite fan club doesnt ..lol
You're like a record with a scratch....scratch....scratch.....scratch.... :coffee:

HORSEPOWER 56
10-11-2010, 05:01 PM
what happened to ayers? I do not remember him getting hurt? And why are we always hurt. Someone take the injury bug and stuff it in the arse. That'll scare it away from here.

Probably why we saw Jarvis Moss in the 4th quarter. Remember the off-sides penalty on him? I don't remember seeing Ayers for either of Baltimore's last two drives. Could be another reason the run defense struggled so much in the 4th qtr?

HORSEPOWER 56
10-11-2010, 05:03 PM
We got a little taste of what it's like to watch the game without those players yesterday anyway. Goodman only played part of the first series, Dawkins was out for a part of the game, and Ayers didn't look all that interested in playing so he might as well have not been in there.

Next week will be just as ugly.

Fixed it for ya! ;)

Tned
10-11-2010, 05:03 PM
You're like a record with a scratch....scratch....scratch.....scratch.... :coffee:

Did you really just say that about another poster?

:laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol::laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol:

rcsodak
10-11-2010, 05:04 PM
What happens when you ask a defense to manage the entire game because your offense #1 can't put points on the board #2 can't manage the clock #3 loses the field position battle over and over.....

You force Dawkins to run around like a madman trying to play clean up and you force a defense into a corner where they have to fight their way out.....
Too much time on the field.... They actually get it done, but not five minutes later they're back on the field.
It's a big f*cking snowball, and it's heading right for the D.... Again and again and.......
300+ 2td's 0int's vs #1 pass defense. :coffee:

Of course, that terrible Balt D had nothing to do with the O's troubles, right? The same team that many are calling the best AFC team right now.
I'll just give praise where its due.

nevcraw
10-11-2010, 05:47 PM
what a mess...

Gosh - it may take winning every game in our division.

arapaho2
10-11-2010, 05:52 PM

shallow nerve?:lol:

jhildebrand
10-11-2010, 05:53 PM

Man I am so hungover after celebrating the Broncos Huge moral victory last night

:rolleyes:

sneakers
10-11-2010, 05:56 PM
How long will Ayers be out?

jhildebrand
10-11-2010, 05:59 PM
How long will Ayers be out?

Expected to be close to 3 months per THE FAN with Alfred Williams, DMAC and Schlereth

Denver Native (Carol)
10-11-2010, 06:05 PM
Expected to be close to 3 months per THE FAN with Alfred Williams, DMAC and Schlereth

They said 2 - 3 months

jhildebrand
10-11-2010, 06:12 PM
They said 2 - 3 months

That was Katie Mitchells update. D-Mac on the live broadcast mentioned the closer to 3 part. 2 months or 3 doesn't really matter! It is basically the remainder of the season/

Time to go practice squad hunting

pnbronco
10-11-2010, 06:34 PM
:frusty:.......ahhh crap..........does anyone know a good witch doctor....man it just keeps getting worse......:frusty:

Oh and Woodyard had been hurt before this game, so maybe he reinjured his hammy????

nevcraw
10-11-2010, 06:44 PM

Of course, that terrible Balt D had nothing to do with the O's troubles, right? The same team that many are calling the best AFC team right now.

not to flame dude -- but this reminds me of the same thinking and apathy that are staples in cultures in perenial losing towns like Detroit & Cleveland.

they plaid like crap...

Dzone
10-11-2010, 06:58 PM
oh man, that sucks...I still think this team can win some more games..in fact, Im taking them to beat the jets on sunday at mile highinvesco

Dzone
10-11-2010, 07:01 PM
Most improved player on the defense is gone. That hurts. I was loving the play of ayers. damn. Jarvis Moss looks like the scarecrow out there. crap.

Bosco
10-11-2010, 07:29 PM
It's a good thing we're one game away from the cupcake part of the schedule.

spikerman
10-11-2010, 07:30 PM

What's sad is that I'm sure quite a few teams consider Denver to be a "cupcake" on their schedule. I don't think there will be any easy wins this year for Denver.

honz
10-11-2010, 07:31 PM
**** my ******* **** in the ******* ****!

nevcraw
10-11-2010, 07:33 PM
**** my ******* **** in the ******* ****!

that about sums it up..

Broncos Mtnman
10-11-2010, 07:58 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_NHX72gXQc5w/Sl3qeZ2cJqI/AAAAAAAAAJY/w_02yL0VJWY/s200/Caution+sarcasm+2+protect.jpg

Well, there goes our run defense.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-11-2010, 08:35 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_16311458

Broncos' outside linebacker Robert Ayers has suffered a broken foot, according to an NFL source. Ayers is expected to be out two to three months.

Denver's Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker, who suffered foot fractures prior to the NFL draft, essentially missed the entire offseason.

There is bad news on Broncos safety Brian Dawkins, too. Dawkins suffered a strained knee ligament in the Broncos' 31-17 loss at Baltimore on Sunday and will be out two to three weeks. Dawkins, who will turn 37 on Wednesday, had been playing at a high level through the first five games of the season.

Ayers is the team's top pass rusher.

"Certainly the injuries don't make it easy, but we've been dealing with that for quite some time now," Broncos coach Josh McDaniels said this morning. "The next guy's got to step up and play well. We've got to give them a good game plan. We might have to be creative with a few things that we do, but that's part of everyone's season. Everyone has to go through roster decisions and make their minds up on how to make up for players that can't play, and that's where we are right now."

Nomad
10-11-2010, 08:40 PM
Broncos- 20
NY Jets- 17

Got to stay positive.

We all know the Jets are the more physical and better team but all teams have a down game and this will be the Jets! :beer:to a BRONCOS win even with all the injuries!!

Buff
10-11-2010, 09:02 PM
So, Nate Jones/Bruton will play safety... Our OLB's will be Moss and Hunter.

Gonna have to score 30 or so if we have any chance to win... Against the Jets defense, that isn't likely. What's a nice way of saying we are completely ******?

T.K.O.
10-11-2010, 09:07 PM
Hey, resize the pics or stop posting them. You spammed a thread with huge pics yesterday.

Give it a rest.

what's a responce ? is it french?

on the bright side....i just got off the phone with mcD and let him know i WILL be available on sunday.sooooooooo if you see a guy get up and enter the game from sec 100 ....it's me and i will personally knock sanchez and tomlinson out of the game early in the 2nd qtr

Lonestar
10-11-2010, 09:11 PM
We all know the Jets are the more physical and better team but all teams have a down game and this will be the Jets! :beer:to a BRONCOS win even with all the injuries!!

well we can hope that the LATE MNF game to night will take a little steam out of their sails as well as flying to DEN and playing at Mile HIgh.

So, Nate Jones/Bruton will play safety... Our OLB's will be Moss and Hunter.

Gonna have to score 30 or so if we have any chance to win... Against the Jets defense, that isn't likely. What's a nice way of saying we are completely ******?

If the passing game keeps up the long ball just could happen.

Not holding my breath for a win this coming week, have said all along that we would not get clicking on O till after the bye week.

Really figured that eh passing game would suffer the most with a really fresh Pass protect. But it turns out teh new PBS is the part that is sucking.

Buff
10-11-2010, 09:14 PM
Getting Knowshon back can't hurt.

On defense I think Jarvis Moss is so bad that I'd expect to see Hagan play outside opposite Hunter on running downs and Joe Mays taking his place on the inside... At least, I hope that's what happens.

Jagsbch
10-11-2010, 09:22 PM
LT is looking really explosive, Sanchez has a lot of weapons in the passing game, but I am not high on him. Stopping the Jets offense is not really the issue, it is getting our offense to score on there defense that will be the issue.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-11-2010, 09:32 PM
From Lindsay Jones

# We're hearing better news tonight on Robert Ayers than we did this afternoon. May be out only 6 weeks. 10 minutes ago via TweetDeck

jhildebrand
10-11-2010, 09:34 PM
From Lindsay Jones

# We're hearing better news tonight on Robert Ayers than we did this afternoon. May be out only 6 weeks. 10 minutes ago via TweetDeck

Good news indeed.

If anybody sees the injury bug crawling around Denver, STOMP on it!

Oldschoolcrush
10-11-2010, 09:37 PM

Really?
We're talking about a one dimensional offense, what was their excuse for the other games they lost?.... Hell, what was the excuse for the games they won?

Orton has the leading average rushing yards/att at 2.9..... Team statistics 259 rushing yards TOTAL for the SEASON to date versus 637 opponent with 1665 passing versus 1069 opponent..... If you can't stop this offense, there is something seriously wrong with your defense....
Lets give praise where praise is due, Orton is ripping it up..... But he cannot sustain to put up the numbers on the score board alone.
And again, with all the yardage going through the air, how much has the Bronco defense put Orton on the field to do so?
You gotta understand, the Broncos are consistently leading their opponent in total yards
by 64 yds in first game
30 yds second game
154 yds third game..... Against the Colts and lost
39 yds fourth game
69 yds in favor of Baltimore who rushed for 233, almost as much as the entire Bronco rushing season.... Does that say jack sh*t about the Baltimore D?
What happens when the score board is out of control? You can't afford to get burned so you manage on D, prevent, this opens the run... Wide Open!

Lets be realistic and look at the bigger picture, discord in the offense and their inability to manage a drive and put points on the board has put tremendous pressure on the defense..... I might also point out that a one dimensional offense also puts extreme pressure on the OL to protect the quarterback..... It not the same as an OL that attacks, during an attack, you set your body in motion; in protection you deal with the motion of the defense.... It's the same as being tackled, you can be just as big as the other guy, you can see it coming, you can hit at exactly the same point shoulder to shoulder; it doesn't matter, it sucks to be hit... somehow, it's never as bad when you're the one dishing it..... We're dealing with inertia, and it's no bullsh*t.
Our injuries are reflecting all of this..... McD better figure out some focus, and quick.

ChampWJ
10-11-2010, 10:25 PM
Jarvis...............it is time. Time to take advantage of this opportunity and play the way you play in practice and at training camp.

Dzone
10-11-2010, 10:54 PM
well we can hope that the LATE MNF game to night will take a little steam out of their sails as well as flying to DEN and playing at Mile HIgh.
Thats what Im talking about. This game tonight is kicking the Jets a$$ and now they have to fly here and play at altitude. Jets are not scoring touchdowns tonight, all field goals.
I am telling you that Denver will win this game on Sunday. Reserves will step up on D and Orton will have another excellent day. Orton is starting to remind of Joe Montana, who rarely had a bad game. Thats coming from a huge Tebow fan. Remember last year when Orton used to float the football in the air? Now he is hitting those same routes on a rope. He's throwing darts.

Looks like Minnesota is giving this game away to the Jets tonight. 15-13, New York. It doesnt matter because Denver is going to beat the Jets

broncophan
10-12-2010, 06:09 AM
Orton and Joe Montana in the same sentence????.....I love it!!!!:)
the damn injuries just keep on comin'......I still like our chances at home.....but I am not so sure our second half schedule looks as easy now as it did before all the injuries....as the raiders proved.....against SD.....our division will just beat up on each other...and I think KC is going to continue to play well imo.....they looked good AT Indy....

Jagsbch
10-12-2010, 07:30 AM

I am guessing this is why it is taking so long for Tebow to start, Cupcake schedule emerges right after the trade deadline.

Bosco
10-12-2010, 07:34 AM
I am guessing this is why it is taking so long for Tebow to start, Cupcake schedule emerges right after the trade deadline.

I'm going to guess that Orton playing like a legitimately elite quarterback is what's keeping Tebow on the bench.

rcsodak
10-12-2010, 08:09 AM
Getting Knowshon back can't hurt.

On defense I think Jarvis Moss is so bad that I'd expect to see Hagan play outside opposite Hunter on running downs and Joe Mays taking his place on the inside... At least, I hope that's what happens.
We must've read the same article.
I liked Mays in PS.....hopefully he can help.

rcsodak
10-12-2010, 08:17 AM
Tebow to Buf. But only if you promise to go with him.

pnbronco
10-12-2010, 11:01 AM
Good news indeed.

If anybody sees the injury bug crawling around Denver, STOMP on it!

Stomp on it.....flame it....or better yet tell it could have a much nicer home in San Diego, Oakland and KC.

broncofaninfla
10-12-2010, 11:05 AM
Bumbling Broncos defense loses two key pieces (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/12/bumbling-broncos-defense-loses-two-key-pieces/)

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on October 12, 2010 10:08 AM ET
Give Josh McDaniels credit: He can coach up a passing game out of seemingly spare parts. What he hasn't been able to do in Denver is improve a mediocre defense.

Broncos are below average in nearly every defensive stat, especially in yards-per-play allowed against the pass and run. Things only threaten to get worse.

As we mentioned in one-liners (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/12/tuesday-morning-one-liners-97/) Tuesday, starting outside linebacker Robert Ayers will miss the next six weeks (http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/10/11/ayers-out-six-weeks-with-broken-foot-dawkins-out-two-to-three-weeks-with-strained-knee-ligament/5493/) with a broken foot, according to Mike Klis of the Denver Post. Safety Brian Dawkins (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=709) will also miss at least two games with a strained right knee ligament.

With Elvis Dumervil (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=3941) out for the season, that is a lot of talent missing off a defense that looked average at best to begin with. At 2-3, the Broncos face a tough matchup against the Jets Sunday in Denver. They host the Raiders and then head to London to play the 49ers before a Week Nine bye.

dogfish
10-12-2010, 11:09 AM
JFC, i can't believe ayers is out. . . this fuggin's season is going to shit in a hurry. . . :tsk:

jhildebrand
10-12-2010, 11:28 AM
I just thought of this:

Does McD, or should he, shoulder some of the blame for the injuries this week? I know Baltimore is a physical team. However, so is Tennessee.

The report was McDaniels worked the team more and had much more physical practices to prepare the team. Could that have led to these guys being 'tired' and at a higher risk for injury?

dogfish
10-12-2010, 11:35 AM
I just thought of this:

Does McD, or should he, shoulder some of the blame for the injuries this week? I know Baltimore is a physical team. However, so is Tennessee.

The report was McDaniels worked the team more and had much more physical practices to prepare the team. Could that have led to these guys being 'tired' and at a higher risk for injury?

if so, they need to seek less physically demanding employment. . .

Lonestar
10-12-2010, 11:37 AM
I just thought of this:

Let's play devils advocate.

Had he not worked them hard then you would be on his case after they kicked our ass for not being prepared.

Much like mike got the raz for club cove valley.

If you want to play hard nose football you have to practice the same way.

Even mike in his last year about game 10 or so made them practice tackling in pads. As we were soft and forgot how to wrap up.

Do you think TEN, GB, NYG/J,bal take it easy during the week?

Or do you think they train hard?

Lonestar
10-12-2010, 11:41 AM
if so, they need to seek less physically demanding employment. . .

Yep I agree it is a contact sport. I understand that badmitton is not.

Broken bones happen and frankly I can't see how being tired would make a difference on breaking a bone.

Maybe we should shorten the season to 4 games for our panty waist players.

Lonestar
10-12-2010, 11:44 AM
Maybe we should play flag football.

Thats it the NFFL.

shank
10-12-2010, 12:06 PM
i thought ayers looked slow out there, and yelled at him a couple times during the game...

knowing what i know now, he was killing it. i'm a dick.

jhildebrand
10-12-2010, 12:13 PM
Let's play devils advocate.

Had he not worked them hard then you would be on his case after they kicked our ass for not being prepared.

Much like mike got the raz for club cove valley.

If you want to play hard nose football you have to practice the same way.

Even mike in his last year about game 10 or so made them practice tackling in pads. As we were soft and forgot how to wrap up.

Do you think TEN, GB, NYG/J,bal take it easy during the week?

Or do you think they train hard?

How do you know what I would have said? :confused:

I think routine is important in the NFL. I didn't give him trouble for not preparing them the same way against TN. Before you imply it is because they won, don't! They looked flat and sloppy early on. However, they still got it together.

I just wonder how much the extra prep mattered in the results and injuries-if at all.

Don't go off on me for trying to create more dialogue. I could always go create another Hillis thread! GEM would not be happy with you if you force me to do that :D

jhildebrand
10-12-2010, 05:11 PM
There were quotes to the Baltimore media, including the Sun, following the game that the Broncos were tired and easily gave up.

Maybe I am not too far off in my thinking that they may have been overworked.

spikerman
10-12-2010, 05:40 PM
There were quotes to the Baltimore media, including the Sun, following the game that the Broncos were tired and easily gave up.

Maybe I am not too far off in my thinking that they may have been overworked.

Or maybe this team doesn't have a "hard nosed" mental makeup.