PDA

View Full Version : arapahos game thoughts..week 5

arapaho2
10-11-2010, 11:03 AM
where to start...try as i might...think as positive as i can, yet it still leaves me thinking we are no better than we were with a former lackluster coach with no ambition of a good defense under shanny, still a .500 team at best.

and even worse, two years of rebuilding to improve the redzone offense among other issues and we have become worse

two year of listening to posters wayleigh the ZBS as totaly ineffective, promising a "new and powerful way" and we have become the worst rushing and redzone team the broncos have ever had...51 yards per game???:shocked:...at least the zbs kept defenses honest ...

save the drama for your momma...blame the line...blame the backs...blame injuries...but that fact is mcd took one of the best olines and running games and reduced it to the absalute worst joke of a running game in the league..thats a fact

nolan improved the defense...and had mcd screaming and damnding change when the defense faltered and then released...yet clancy barone and eric studsville and preifer are left on the team?

we wont make the playoffs with 39 yards rushing a game i am certain

am i the only one missing dennisen and turner?

on with the game

orton again was lights out...solid game against the best passing defense in the league...imagine him with a running game:elefant:
oline...i cant say its a problem of talent or lack of...its a problem of coaching in my eyes...they did offer orton better protection as the game went on...but still FN attrocious blocking....barone needs to go asap

wrs..solid again...we have something special going...would be better with a run game...still cant help but think a big pass catching TE would be a huge benefit

dline..again non existant...for any of those guys crying about the extension of doom...im sure you see why he was important now...im also sure the loss of doom is being used as an excuse by those same people as to why the defense is failing ..we need pressure and we need it bad

yet i cant totaly blame the loss on the defense
the offense recieved the ball 10 times (excluding the muffed ko) of those 10 series we punted 7 times....you aint gonna win many games doing that...you also cant expect the defense to hold teams down with no offensive backing

secondary was solid..aside from cox getting abused again...but he's a rook and will only get better

my other nagging thought was..where the bleep is jamall williams? wasnt he supposed to fix the center of the dline and keep teams from running on us?..the ravens ran right up the gut and did it with ease...i havent hear his name mentioned in games one time all season

all in all i didnt expect us to win unless we got the run game going..we didnt and we lost...i beleive a shake up is in order...barone and studsville should be fired and replaced with someone who can coach an oline to block a simple run play and coach a rb to see the right hole and not chacha

we are what we are a 2-3 team

NightTrainLayne
10-11-2010, 11:14 AM
my other nagging thought was..where the bleep is jamall williams? wasnt he supposed to fix the center of the dline and keep teams from running on us?..the ravens ran right up the gut and did it with ease...i havent hear his name mentioned in games one time all season

I had to listen to the game on the radio as I was on the road yesterday, but Dave Logan and Brian Griese mentioned a couple of times in the second half that Williams and Bannan were on the sideline while Fields was holding down the NT and getting blasted for huge gains.

They were guessing at the time that the team was trying to keep the guys fresh, but had no real answer.

I would love to hear that answered by Wink or McD. When the game was still being decided, why in the world wouldn't we have Williams at NT to stop their rushing attack and get us the ball back?

arapaho2
10-11-2010, 11:17 AM
I had to listen to the game on the radio as I was on the road yesterday, but Dave Logan and Brian Griese mentioned a couple of times in the second half that Williams and Bannan were on the sideline while Fields was holding down the NT and getting blasted for huge gains.

They were guessing at the time that the team was trying to keep the guys fresh, but had no real answer.

I would love to hear that answered by Wink or McD. When the game was still being decided, why in the world wouldn't we have Williams at NT to stop their rushing attack and get us the ball back?

exactly..i mean that is why we spent the money and brought him to denver..so in crunch time teams couldnt just pound the ball on us

jhildebrand
10-11-2010, 11:19 AM
It's hard to know how to take this game. After all, the Ravens are light years ahead of us and we knew that going into the game. However, I think last year's squad played a better game for most of the game and last year was a whooping too.

I am reluctant to make any real definitive statements based on this game. But I do have some thoughts and observations.

I heard this week that McD made practice more physical, harder, and even longer. The minute I heard it, I felt like we had a real good chance of seeing an exhausted/overworked team play. I am not sure if it played into the outcome but it sure didn't seem to help.

What I liked

End around. I have been calling for an end around and reverse for two weeks. I have been calling for it specifically early in the game. So who at the Broncos is reading here :lol: I liked the Royal end around a lot! 35 yards. The holding was ticky tack and I saw far more aggregious holds on the Ravens that never got called.

I have been calling for Thomas to get the ball on a reverse or end around. It will happen.

What I didn't like

When it mattered, Lloyd was getting shut down and it seemed our WR's couldn't step up. Make no bones about it, other teams will notice and will do their best to shut down Lloyd.

ST's. I just don't like them and don't see any progress.

TOP. Can't expect our D to look good when they are on the field as long as they are because the O is inept. Said it last year and it still applies this year.

DT on kickreturns. I like the talent and his returns. I am not sure we should flirt with disaster and possibly lose a #1 pick for a kick return. Put Syd'quan Thompson on KR or someone else.

Maroney. I don't see it. Shut em down and let him heal. That way we can truly gauge his value.

Liked seeing Brown in the game. Didn't like that it was one carry.

Final conclusion

I am not too worried about this game for now. Baltimore has always been our achilles heel. 11 AM for the second week in a row.

I just am not going to get too worked up about this or try to make any definitive conclusion from it as I stated above. I will if we see a similar prodct and results against the Jets (who will have a short week) and at home!

topscribe
10-11-2010, 11:20 AM
I miss Hillis. Big time. I'm tired of seeing RBs dancing around at the LOS. If we're
not going to gain any yardage, at least PUNISH somebody in the process . . .

-----

SOCALORADO.
10-11-2010, 11:20 AM
exactly..i mean that is why we spent the money and brought him to denver..so in crunch time teams couldnt just pound the ball on us

They rotated the D-linemen waay too much.
Trying to keep guys fresh didnt work at all.
This team needs to totally revamp its D-line
in the offseason though.
DEN also needs to be very active in FA.

NightTrainLayne
10-11-2010, 11:36 AM
I heard this week that McD made practice more physical, harder, and even longer. The minute I heard it, I felt like we had a real good chance of seeing an exhausted/overworked team play. I am not sure if it played into the outcome but it sure didn't seem to help.

I had this same worry. I couldn't "see" the game, but from the sounds of it, they were a little beleagered.

jhildebrand
10-11-2010, 11:48 AM
I had this same worry. I couldn't "see" the game, but from the sounds of it, they were a little beleagered.

They just didn't look crisp. They looked tired from the first play.

They shot themselves in the foot to start the TN game but at least they looked fresh.

I think the Jets game will be a better gauge of where this team is.

BroncoNut
10-11-2010, 11:53 AM
I miss Hillis. Big time. I'm tired of seeing RBs dancing around at the LOS. If we're
not going to gain any yardage, at least PUNISH somebody in the process . . .

-----

do we have an rb coach? serious question.

arapaho2
10-11-2010, 12:07 PM
do we have an rb coach? serious question.

eric studsvill...a huge step down from bobby turner imo

arapaho2
10-11-2010, 12:14 PM
It's hard to know how to take this game. After all, the Ravens are light years ahead of us and we knew that going into the game. However, I think last year's squad played a better game for most of the game and last year was a whooping too.

I am reluctant to make any real definitive statements based on this game. But I do have some thoughts and observations.

What I liked

End around. I have been calling for an end around and reverse for two weeks. I have been calling for it specifically early in the game. So who at the Broncos is reading here :lol: I liked the Royal end around a lot! 35 yards. The holding was ticky tack and I saw far more aggregious holds on the Ravens that never got called.

I have been calling for Thomas to get the ball on a reverse or end around. It will happen.

What I didn't like

When it mattered, Lloyd was getting shut down and it seemed our WR's couldn't step up. Make no bones about it, other teams will notice and will do their best to shut down Lloyd.

ST's. I just don't like them and don't see any progress.

TOP. Can't expect our D to look good when they are on the field as long as they are because the O is inept. Said it last year and it still applies this year.

DT on kickreturns. I like the talent and his returns. I am not sure we should flirt with disaster and possibly lose a #1 pick for a kick return. Put Syd'quan Thompson on KR or someone else.

Maroney. I don't see it. Shut em down and let him heal. That way we can truly gauge his value.

Liked seeing Brown in the game. Didn't like that it was one carry.

Final conclusion

I am not too worried about this game for now. Baltimore has always been our achilles heel. 11 AM for the second week in a row.

I just am not going to get too worked up about this or try to make any definitive conclusion from it as I stated above. I will if we see a similar prodct and results against the Jets (who will have a short week) and at home!

i had some issues again with the playcalling...we could pass the ball with max protection..yet two or more 3rd an longs one being a 3rd and 13 we ran the ball with our pathetic run game...wait!!! we tried to run the ball on third an long when we can when we are averging 2.3 ypc?? yet took the ball away from orton and the wrs? dont make sense, we know we are not gonna pick that up running, so why not at least try and get it passing

i also thought we shoulda challenged the gaff rec that would have kept a drive going in the redzone...it was close and worth a shot

jhildebrand
10-11-2010, 12:25 PM
i also thought we shoulda challenged the gaff rec that would have kept a drive going in the redzone...it was close and worth a shot

I didn't mind not challenging. But if you are going to finish the game with TO's on the board, why not?

arapaho2
10-11-2010, 12:28 PM
I didn't mind not challenging. But if you are going to finish the game with TO's on the board, why not?

your not gonna beat the ravens when trailing by 17 by kicking fgs...challenge it or go for it as he has been doing