PDA

View Full Version : Week Three Power Rankings

dogfish
09-18-2007, 12:00 AM
1. Indianapolis Colts - Survived a scare against a division rival. Still number one until someone knocks them off.

2. New England Patriots - The Chargers wish no one had gotten any of that game on camera.

3. Pittsburgh Steelers - Back-to-back wins in dominant fashion. What will they do against a real team?

4. Dallas Cowboys - Dynamic offense rolls helpless Dolphins. Dallas looks like a contender.

5. Green Bay Packers - People will hate this, but I call it like I see it. Defense is extremely talented, offense got on track against a weak opponent.

6. Washington Redskins - Came away with a hard-fought road win against a division opponent on Monday night. This team has a long way to go, but the talent is there.

7. Denver Broncos - Team continues to win by the skin of it's teeth. Scary-bad run defense is going to haunt them at some point.

8. Chicago Bears - Getting back in the win column earns them the benefit of the doubt for now, but the Bears will drop down these rankings if they continue to look sluggish.

9. Houston Texans - Yes, that is indeed Gary Kubiak's Houston Texans streaking up the charts like a meteor after a very impressive road win gets them to 2-0.

10. Seattle Seahawks - Another loss to an average team and it's bye-bye top ten ranking.

11. San Diego Chargers - What was all that we heard about how there would be no transition because the Chargers would be running an offense that Norv originally designed? Two games in and their MVP has yet to show up.

12. Carolina Panthers - Was big loss to the Texans a fluke? We'll find out soon enough.

13. Baltimore Ravens - Stabilized themselves for now with a workmanlike win over the Jets, but injuries continue to pile up.

14. San Francisco 49ers - Two wins in a row, but both were U-G-L-Y. Offense needs to find some life before the luck runs out.

15. Cincinnati Bengals - We knew the defense was shaky, but how do you let Cleveland score 51??

16. Tennessee Titans - Gave the Colts all they wanted.

17. Arizona Cardinals - Earned a suprising win over Seattle after dropping the ball the week before. These are exactly the kind of wins Whiz needs to reverse the culture of losing.

18. Jacksonville Jaguars - Seven point win over league's weakest team impresses no one.

19. Detroit Lions - Beating bottom-feeders gets them the nod for now. Expect them to come back to earth with a thud soon.

20. Philadelphia Eagles - Their receivers officially suck, but at least McNabb showed signs of life in the second half. One more loss and they'll fall even further.

21. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Smacked the Saints hard.

22. Cleveland Browns - Who knew Derek Anderson was the second coming of Dan Marino? Defense continues to look atrocious.

23. Minnesota Vikings - Loss to lowly Lions hurts. Bad.

24. New Orleans Saints - Are the wheels coming off in the Big Easy?

25. St. Louis Rams - Need to get their lines in order pronto if they expect to go anywhere this year.

26. Buffalo Bills - Looked helpless against Pittsburgh. They need Lee Evans to do something-- anything.

27. New York Jets - At least they kept the score respectable.

28. New York Giants - Defense still sucks. Offense took a big step backwards. Hobbled by injuries.

29. Oakland Raiders - Surprisingly managed to make it close in Denver.

30. Miami Dolphins - Defense may win them a few this year, but not when they play like they did this week.

31. Kansas City Chiefs - Top five pick will provide a badly needed infusion of talent. Can King Carl find a competent coach to develop it?

32. Atlanta Falcons - Only question is whether they're bad enough to make a run at 0-16. Probably not, but rumor has it that there's already a locker with Brohm written over it.

Medford Bronco
09-18-2007, 12:04 AM
1. Indianapolis Colts - Survived a scare against a division rival. Still number one until someone knocks them off.

2. New England Patriots - The Chargers wish no one had gotten any of that game on camera.

3. Pittsburgh Steelers - Back-to-back wins in dominant fashion. What will they do against a real team?

4. Dallas Cowboys - Dynamic offense rolls helpless Dolphins. Dallas looks like a contender.

5. Green Bay Packers - People will hate this, but I call it like I see it. Defense is extremely talented, offense got on track against a weak opponent.

6. Washington Redskins - Came away with a hard-fought road win against a division opponent on Monday night. This team has a long way to go, but the talent is there.

7. Denver Broncos - Team continues to win by the skin of it's teeth. Scary-bad run defense is going to haunt them at some point.

8. Chicago Bears - Getting back in the win column earns them the benefit of the doubt for now, but the Bears will drop down these rankings if they continue to look sluggish.

9. Houston Texans - Yes, that is indeed Gary Kubiak's Houston Texans streaking up the charts like a meteor after a very impressive road win gets them to 2-0.

10. Seattle Seahawks - Another loss to an average team and it's bye-bye top ten ranking.

11. San Diego Chargers - What was all that we heard about how there would be no transition because the Chargers would be running an offense that Norv originally designed? Two games in and their MVP has yet to show up.

12. Carolina Panthers - Was big loss to the Texans a fluke? We'll find out soon enough.

13. Baltimore Ravens - Stabilized themselves for now with a workmanlike win over the Jets, but injuries continue to pile up.

14. San Francisco 49ers - Two wins in a row, but both were U-G-L-Y. Offense needs to find some life before the luck runs out.

15. Cincinnati Bengals - We knew the defense was shaky, but how do you let Cleveland score 51??

16. Tennessee Titans - Gave the Colts all they wanted.

17. Arizona Cardinals - Earned a suprising win over Seattle after dropping the ball the week before. These are exactly the kind of wins Whiz needs to reverse the culture of losing.

18. Jacksonville Jaguars - Seven point win over league's weakest team impresses no one.

19. Detroit Lions - Beating bottom-feeders gets them the nod for now. Expect them to come back to earth with a thud soon.

20. Philadelphia Eagles - Their receivers officially suck, but at least McNabb showed signs of life in the second half. One more loss and they'll fall even further.

21. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Smacked the Saints hard.

22. Cleveland Browns - Who knew Derek Anderson was the second coming of Dan Marino? Defense continues to look atrocious.

23. Minnesota Vikings - Loss to lowly Lions hurts. Bad.

24. New Orleans Saints - Are the wheels coming off in the Big Easy?

25. St. Louis Rams - Need to get their lines in order pronto if they expect to go anywhere this year.

26. Buffalo Bills - Looked helpless against Pittsburgh. They need Lee Evans to do something-- anything.

27. New York Jets - At least they kept the score respectable.

28. New York Giants - Defense still sucks. Offense took a big step backwards. Hobbled by injuries.

29. Oakland Raiders - Surprisingly managed to make it close in Denver.

30. Miami Dolphins - Defense may win them a few this year, but not when they play like they did this week.

31. Kansas City Chiefs - Top five pick will provide a badly needed infusion of talent. Can King Carl find a competent coach to develop it?

32. Atlanta Falcons - Only question is whether they're bad enough to make a run at 0-16. Probably not, but rumor has it that there's already a locker with Brohm written over it.

Great work Dogfish. A coulple of points. I think Chicago is way too high. I think they suck. They were lucky to beat the Chiefs this week. I actually think Det is not that bad either this year:ahhhhh: Maybe I am exaggerating but they moved the ball on a very good Minny defense who has scored 3 tds already this year. That is 2 more than both Philly and KC offenses.

Also I ask the question, why is Byron Leftwich not on the Falcons, Chiefs, Vikings, or Bears :confused:

BigBroncLove
09-18-2007, 12:25 AM
Godo rankings again dogfish. Still don't think GB garners that high of a ranking, even if it is based solely on what transpired week to week. Just my opinion.....

I also think Chicago might garner a lower ranking, and Indy's struggles might garner NE to go ahead as they played a mroe talented team and looked better doing it. The Skins are also a little high for my taste but that D did look pretty strong, even against a lack luster Eagle offense, and their offense had some flashes. Campbell looks better then I expected and so did their running game, but I would lower them a notch or two in my book.

I would agree Seattle at least looekd good in their loss, especially Branch and Alexander, but I'd take them out of the top ten for sure....

Just a few cents to throw into the pot. Great ranking dogfish, as usual.

The Horses Mouth
09-18-2007, 12:42 AM
green bay, skins and bears need to go down.

dogfish
09-18-2007, 04:37 AM
Great work Dogfish. A coulple of points. I think Chicago is way too high. I think they suck. They were lucky to beat the Chiefs this week. I actually think Det is not that bad either this year:ahhhhh: Maybe I am exaggerating but they moved the ball on a very good Minny defense who has scored 3 tds already this year. That is 2 more than both Philly and KC offenses.

Also I ask the question, why is Byron Leftwich not on the Falcons, Chiefs, Vikings, or Bears :confused:

while i agree that chicago does not look great, i'm not gonna drop them any lower this week-- that D is still good enough to win a lot of games for them, especialy if devin hester starts popping off return TDs, and cedric benson getting going with 100 yards is a good sign. . .

i'm not convinced about detroit yet, but if they win again this week they'll definitely keep moving up. . .

the falcons are talking to leftwich-- not that i think he can help them all that much. . . too many other problems with that team. . .

dogfish
09-18-2007, 04:40 AM
green bay, skins and bears need to go down.

Godo rankings again dogfish. Still don't think GB garners that high of a ranking, even if it is based solely on what transpired week to week. Just my opinion.....

I also think Chicago might garner a lower ranking, and Indy's struggles might garner NE to go ahead as they played a mroe talented team and looked better doing it. The Skins are also a little high for my taste but that D did look pretty strong, even against a lack luster Eagle offense, and their offense had some flashes. Campbell looks better then I expected and so did their running game, but I would lower them a notch or two in my book.

I would agree Seattle at least looekd good in their loss, especially Branch and Alexander, but I'd take them out of the top ten for sure....

Just a few cents to throw into the pot. Great ranking dogfish, as usual.

no way the cheaters jump the colts in my rankings as long as the colts are undefeated and still the defending champs-- they've beaten NE three in a row, and still deserve the top spot as far as i'm concerned. . .

i'm curious why you guys think the undefeated skins and packers are too high, but aren't complaining about a denver team that doesn't look any better than those two. . . :laugh:

who would you have higher? i'm not putting carolina or san diego ahead of unbeaten teams just because of their talent level, when they're both coming off blowout losses. . .

TXBRONC
09-18-2007, 06:49 AM
As usually great work dogfish. I think our run defense is going to get better, they show flashes buts goingt to take a little more time.

Medford Bronco
09-18-2007, 08:20 AM
no way the cheaters jump the colts in my rankings as long as the colts are undefeated and still the defending champs-- they've beaten NE three in a row, and still deserve the top spot as far as i'm concerned. . .

i'm curious why you guys think the undefeated skins and packers are too high, but aren't complaining about a denver team that doesn't look any better than those two. . . :laugh:

who would you have higher? i'm not putting carolina or san diego ahead of unbeaten teams just because of their talent level, when they're both coming off blowout losses. . .

I think the skins and Packers both look excellent. Green Bay will be tested
agains a poed SD team this week. Good luck to them

BigBroncLove
09-18-2007, 02:09 PM

I thought these ranking were based solely on week to week play, which is why you said GB landed so high last week. If that's changed then I can understand the way NE and Indy look, but if not the Pats showed themselves to be a stronger team this week.... down the stretch... who knows.

I wouldn't put Carolina or SD that high, I barely think they deserve their spots at the moment. The skins offense through the entire first half was terrible. they barely did anything against a so-so defense, where as the Houston Texans looked impressive with their play on both sides of the ball against a fairly good looking carolina team. The skins squeeked out a win against a philly team that looked to still be battling rust. I would pop Houston higher and slide GB down and put the skins behind Denver since they won with much less production (where the Broncos almost lost due to a lot of bad luck, such as the int off the deflection)... my opinion. While GB dominated the Giants, they also did it with almost no running game, which will come to haunt them against teams with more solid secondaries....

topscribe
09-19-2007, 11:57 AM
Okay, here's my crack at the top 10:

1. New England Patriots - Boy, I hate this. But what can I say after they have owned
their first two opponents?

2. Pittsburgh Steelers - Good team, but not really that impressed with them as an "elite."
But it seems the whole league is a litte down this year . . . except the Patriots.

3. Denver Broncos - see #2.

4. Indianapolis Colts - Offense is terrific. Defense not terrific, Sanders or no Sanders.
If Peyton Manning does not play, they are not even in the top 10.

5. Dallas Cowboys - see #2.

6. Baltimore Ravens - As the offense vaults the Colts, despite their defense, the Ravens'
defense vaults them, despite their offense.

7. San Diego Chargers - Not sure whether they should be rated this high at the moment. If
they get their stuff together, look out. Until then . . .

8. Washington Redskins - With the clunkers they have had in the last couple years, one would
think they would have just faded away and settled in as bottom feeders. Not while Joe Gibbs is
around.

9. Green Bay Packers - Not sold on them yet, but they do have a pretty good defense. And Favre.

10. Chicago Bears - I put them here to fill the space. Close to the best defense in the
league, close to the worst offense in the league. They may not stay in the top 10.

If the Broncos are going to the Super Bowl, this would be a good year for it. Too bad they
can't play in the NFC this year. They can beat anybody over there, and they would not have
New England and Indy standing ominously in the horizon.

-----