PDA

View Full Version : PN is stuck in CA and needs help on Sunday

pnbronco
10-08-2010, 09:00 PM
OK I will be in Ontario, CA till Sunday am when I check out of my hotel. I will need to head north to the Bay Area at some point but I can take my time getting there. So does anyone know if there is a Bronco Bar in this area? Since it's the early game I can watch it all and still have time to travel....thanks guys....:salute:

dogfish
10-08-2010, 10:03 PM
i'll call my best friend, he lives in SF and is a diehard broncos fan. . .

which actually leads me to believe that there may not be one, since i can't remember him mentioning one. . . where in the bay area are you going to be?

dogfish
10-08-2010, 10:07 PM
P, my friend didn't answer. . . i think he mentioned going out with his wife when i talked to him earlier, so i'll probably talk to him tomorrow sometime. . .

if nothing else, i'll at least get a recommendation for a good sports bar with sunday ticket. . .

pnbronco
10-08-2010, 10:40 PM
P, my friend didn't answer. . . i think he mentioned going out with his wife when i talked to him earlier, so i'll probably talk to him tomorrow sometime. . .

if nothing else, i'll at least get a recommendation for a good sports bar with sunday ticket. . .

Oh thanks, I'll look for that. I will actually be in the LA area for the game. It's after it's over that I'll head up towards San Jose, it's Santa Clara actually. I don't have to set up till Weds, so I'm just taking it easy till then, maybe see some sights....what a concept.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-08-2010, 10:48 PM
Maybe this pn:

http://broncos.meetup.com/cities/us/ca/los_angeles/

Westside Denver Broncos Meetup Group
Oct 10
DEN@BAL
Sunday 10:00 AM
at Brennan's in Marina del Rey, CA
2 wins down, plenty to go. Next up...Baltimore. Historically it seems like the Broncos always play to their competition.… Read more
RSVP »
Who's attending?
Abby Clinton Paquin Jason Tiffany Brian Harris
12 Broncos Fans

Get together with fellow die-hard Bronco fans workin' to paint the West side Orange and Blue! Brennan's Pub in Marina Del Rey is your Los Angeles Bronco-Fan Headquaters with every game in HD, guaranteed sound for Bronco games, and drink / food specials for "Brennan's Bronco Backers"! http://www.brennanspub-la.com/ Come on out, hang with some cool folks, have a drink, and cheer on your favorite team with some sympathetic company! See ya there!

pnbronco
10-08-2010, 10:55 PM
Maybe this pn:

Oct 10
DEN@BAL
2 wins down, plenty to go. Next up...Baltimore. Historically it seems like the Broncos always play to their competition.… Read more
RSVP »
Who's attending?
12 Broncos Fans

Get together with fellow die-hard Bronco fans workin' to paint the West side Orange and Blue! Brennan's Pub in Marina Del Rey is your Los Angeles Bronco-Fan Headquaters with every game in HD, guaranteed sound for Bronco games, and drink / food specials for "Brennan's Bronco Backers"! http://www.brennanspub-la.com/ Come on out, hang with some cool folks, have a drink, and cheer on your favorite team with some sympathetic company! See ya there!

Always taking care of me, not sure how far away this is but it's a great place to start....thanks so much....:salute:

Denver Native (Carol)
10-08-2010, 10:58 PM
I just found this on BC: It was posted a year ago, so don't know if it's still a Broncos Bar, or not. Maybe call them.

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=149917

Bronco Bar in Los Angeles
Catch all the Broncos games every Sunday in Los Angeles at:*

Busby's East*
5364 Wilshire Blvd.*
LA, CA 90036*

2 blocks West of LaBrea... Free Parking behind the bar...*

Tons of great football fans... Tons of Broncos Fans!!!!*
This bar is cool as hell on a Sunday morning/afternoon...
And breakfast is served til 3pm!*

Come Hang Denver Fans!!!*

Go Broncos!

LawDog
10-08-2010, 11:07 PM
Always taking care of me, not sure how far away this is but it's a great place to start....thanks so much....:salute:

Marina del Rey and the Wilshire location are both a fair hike from Ontario, so unless you are loading up and then heading out after the game you probably wouldn't want to deal with it. As long as you don't heavily partake in the adult beverages, you could catch the game in del Rey and then head up the coast through Santa Barbara, etc. Great drive along the 101. Compared to taking the 5 up through the San Joaquin valley - boring unless you dig agriculture - the coast route is definitely the way to go.

If you want to stay in Ontario and head out later or even Monday, you might try the Corner Pub at 1257 N. Vineyard - 909-391-1114. Or any of the places in the Ontario Mills Mall.

Good Luck!

pnbronco
10-08-2010, 11:15 PM
Marina del Rey and the Wilshire location are both a fair hike from Ontario, so unless you are loading up and then heading out after the game you probably wouldn't want to deal with it. As long as you don't heavily partake in the adult beverages, you could catch the game in del Rey and then head up the coast through Santa Barbara, etc. Great drive along the 101. Compared to taking the 5 up through the San Joaquin valley - boring unless you dig agriculture - the coast route is definitely the way to go.

If you want to stay in Ontario and head out later or even Monday, you might try the Corner Pub at 1257 N. Vineyard - 909-391-1114. Or any of the places in the Ontario Mills Mall.

Good Luck!

This will work perfect for me, I'm staying right by the airport. The funny thing is that I am a Horticulture major. I drove the coast a few years ago when I was going from one show to the other. Great drive, but it's kind of a tough one in a fully loaded van. Thank you so much for the info....I knew I could help from the board...........:salute:

BCJ
10-09-2010, 12:20 AM
If you want to go down the 57 freeway, Hooters in Anaheim is the official Broncos headquarters for Orange County. We get over 30 to 40 in there for games. Early game last week and had at least 25 by the 2nd quarter. They give you 20% off with their card. Volume is up for the game so you get sound and play by play which doesnt happen in most bars. Hooters is right by Angels Stadium off of Katella.

threefolddead
10-09-2010, 08:47 AM
Brennans was the spot when i lived in LA!

topscribe
10-09-2010, 09:51 AM
Maybe this pn:

Oct 10
DEN@BAL
RSVP »
Who's attending?
12 Broncos Fans

If it exists at all, Carol can find it . . . http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thdrink.gif

-----

underrated29
10-09-2010, 12:44 PM
The atmosphere might not exactly be your thing. but

hooters, is there and they have sunday ticket, they will put the game up if you ask them. I had to do that in hawaii last year.

pnbronco
10-10-2010, 12:25 AM
The atmosphere might not exactly be your thing. but

hooters, is there and they have sunday ticket, they will put the game up if you ask them. I had to do that in hawaii last year.

I am so tired, but I'm hoping to make it to Hooters tomorrow. I just want to enjoy the game and that sounds like to place to go to. On the other hand the other place Law mentioned is like 5 minutes from my hotel, so it just depends what time I get going in the am.

Hey I don't have to wear the low T-shirt....;)....so it's all good.....:laugh:

sneakers
10-11-2010, 12:14 AM
OK I will be in Ontario, CA till Sunday am when I check out of my hotel. I will need to head north to the Bay Area at some point but I can take my time getting there. So does anyone know if there is a Bronco Bar in this area? Since it's the early game I can watch it all and still have time to travel....thanks guys....:salute:

Is it true that there only one road in Canada?

pnbronco
10-11-2010, 06:09 PM
If you want to go down the 57 freeway, Hooters in Anaheim is the official Broncos headquarters for Orange County. We get over 30 to 40 in there for games. Early game last week and had at least 25 by the 2nd quarter. They give you 20% off with their card. Volume is up for the game so you get sound and play by play which doesnt happen in most bars. Hooters is right by Angels Stadium off of Katella.

Thanks BCJ it was nice meeting you. Had a good time even though I got there so late. Had fun at Camp Snoopy and even more today up in Santa Rosa. I'm in San Jose now and plan on getting some work done till Wed when I set up.

A big thank you so everyone for your help.