PDA

View Full Version : Looking to buy a broncos jersey.

OrangeCrush8
10-08-2010, 06:45 PM
Alright, i live in PA so its not to common i come in contact with another fan, so theres really no one to ask questions. Right now my biggest problem is i want to get a Broncos jersey (already have Elway). I want to buy a jersey that i can wear and keep for a while and of a player who will be on the broncos for a few more years. I follow football and the broncos down to every aspect, but i dont know which players jersey to buy. If anyone has any suggestions to help this struggling fan please help me out!

Denver Native (Carol)
10-08-2010, 07:09 PM
Alright, i live in PA so its not to common i come in contact with another fan, so theres really no one to ask questions. Right now my biggest problem is i want to get a Broncos jersey (already have Elway). I want to buy a jersey that i can wear and keep for a while and of a player who will be on the broncos for a few more years. I follow football and the broncos down to every aspect, but i dont know which players jersey to buy. If anyone has any suggestions to help this struggling fan please help me out!

Welcome to Broncos Forums - my suggestion would be to get one of the rookies jerseys - i.e. Tim Tebow or Demaryius Thomas, or Elvis Dumervil, as he signed a new contract.

MasterShake
10-08-2010, 07:56 PM
Welcome to Broncos Forums - my suggestion would be to get one of the rookies jerseys - i.e. Tim Tebow or Demaryius Thomas, or Elvis Dumervil, as he signed a new contract.

Good ideas. You can always get your name on a jersey, too. The authentic ones are expensive, but they offer the screen printed ones for around $100 which isn't too bad considering you can probably wear it for several years, unlike paying $60 for a player that might get traded. http://www.nflshop.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2252442&cp=2251934.2238117&pageType=family&parentPage=family

As far as the number, just pick your birth year, lucky number, or whatever.

Shazam!
10-08-2010, 08:05 PM
Tebow is the only exception IMO.

After the Marshall and Cutler mess I'll never buy a jersey from a current Broncos player again.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
10-08-2010, 08:10 PM
I would say Demaryius Thomas, Elvis Dumervil or Perish Cox.

Those are the three I have lined up. All should be Broncos for a very long time.

Broncos Mtnman
10-08-2010, 08:50 PM

Get one with your own name on it.

Under Mickey, there's no such thing as a "player who will be on the Broncos for a few more years."

OrangeCrush8
10-08-2010, 09:41 PM
Hey thanks everyone so far for all the help. What are your guys's takes on player like Eddie Royal, Brandon Lloyd, and Knowshon Moreno. Moreno will be a broncos for a while but royal and lloyds contracts are coming up in the next year or two. Any thoughts.
PS - Im not to into the idea of my name on a jersey but thanks for the idea

MasterShake
10-08-2010, 10:59 PM
Hey thanks everyone so far for all the help. What are your guys's takes on player like Eddie Royal, Brandon Lloyd, and Knowshon Moreno. Moreno will be a broncos for a while but royal and lloyds contracts are coming up in the next year or two. Any thoughts.
PS - Im not to into the idea of my name on a jersey but thanks for the idea

Of those three I think Eddie Royal is your best bet. Or go with someone like Clady who is someone who could be here for years since he is so important to the O-Line.

Lonestar
10-08-2010, 11:46 PM
Here tell that Mtnman has a bunch of cutler jersesys.

The devil made me do it. Apologies in advance. :laugh:
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

CHARLIEADAMSFAN
10-09-2010, 12:40 AM
Eddie Royal... love that jersey or you can always go with a classic like Davis, Atwater, or find an old Rod Smith or Ed McCaffrey (or Al Wilson, I loved him and I still will rock that jersey from time to time)

BCJ
10-09-2010, 01:01 AM
I got a sweeeet deal on this one and can hook you up with the seller. You cant even tell it is fake. Everyone loves it because i see them pointing at it when i strut my stuff. PM me for info on it.

shank
10-09-2010, 01:43 AM
go doom. fresh contract.

ebay.

broncophan
10-09-2010, 05:52 AM
Welcome!!!......You could go the route of getting a former player jersey....like Karl Mecklenburg #77.........he was a great player...and a great over achiever.....and did things "the right way".....played his entire 12 year career with the broncos......you would not have to worry about him getting traded etc.....and it would be a jersey you could be proud to wear for a very long time......come to think of it....I may look into getting one.:)

Ravage!!!
10-09-2010, 10:52 AM

Depending on the quality of jersey you are talking about, in today's NFL you are better off investing your money in a classic jersey. A former player that will always be revered in Denver. Can never go wrong that way. I never bought a jersey before, and the first one I spend money for...he's traded the next year. Lots of big names are moved now days.

If you want a player that is on the roster now, that will always be looked highly on no matter what... go with Bailey. Now, he may not be here next season, but at least his jersey won't be looked down upon after (if) he's gone.

If you already have an Elway... go with Sharpe, Rod Smith, Ed Mac, Terrel Davis... go old school with Karl Mech, or Steve Atwater. We even had a former RB just inducted into the HoF recently by the name of Floyd Little.

How about John Mobley, or Al Wilson (loved both those guys)? Or you could be a Tom Nalen, or Jason Elam fan. All these names would be great jerseys and you would never have to worry about them being traded away.

Welcome to the boards :beer:

Italianmobstr7
10-09-2010, 12:29 PM
I just got a Demaryius Thomas jersey. If you're not going w/ a rookie or a player signed long term, get a personalized one.

EastCoastBronco
10-09-2010, 05:06 PM
You can't go wrong with good ol' number 7...

OrangeHoof
10-09-2010, 06:21 PM

Patience, my friend. Wait another 2-3 years and you may get a Tebow jersey for dirt cheap. Why pay $200 when you might get it for $10 if he flops? With the way they've been flying off the shelves, they'll be a great bargain if he fails. Then you can modify the last name on the jersey and have a great bargain.

Now, if you want to have a jersey that never goes out of style, buy a custom jersey where you can buy the lettering. Then make one that is #98 with the name "SB CHAMPS".