PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know how good/bad Jacksonvilles Oline is?

broncosinindy
09-17-2007, 10:19 PM
I would love to see another strong outing getting heat on the QB. and would love to see us stop the run. I know jacksonvilles got a bunch of huge wideouts but they to my knowledge are not that great.

I'm glad we didnt go after Matt Jones.

sneakers
09-18-2007, 05:06 AM
Looks like they are pretty solid.

Various things I have found off the web:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7190948?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=5

OFFENSIVE LINE: Starters — LT Khalif Barnes, LG Vince Manuwai, C Dennis Norman, RG Chris Naeole, RT Tony Pashos. Backups — LT Maurice Williams, RT Richard Collier, OG/C Uche Nwaneri, C Brad Meester.

Norman is the only starter who will not retain that spot as Meester will take it back once he fully recovers from the broken bone in his ankle, likely to come in early October. Pashos has not been as dominating at the key right tackle spot thus far but the staff still feels he'll be an improvement over Williams who had started the previous 64 games there. Naeole has been injured (knee) and missed the final two preseason games, but more out of caution than necessity. He teams with Norman and Manuwai to give the Jaguars a solid group in the middle to protect Leftwich. Collier played in just four games last year but the staff thinks he has a future with the club. Once Meester returns, Norman then becomes the first backup at both guard spots and center.

http://www.kffl.com/article.php/65223/147

OFFENSIVE LINEOFFENSIVE TACKLE

Starting left tackle Khalif Barnes (recently arrested for drunk driving) returns in 2007. The starting right tackle is recent free-agent signee Tony Pashos, formerly of the Baltimore Ravens. Maurice Williams and Dennis Norman fill in as top backups.
CENTERS

Veteran center Brad Meester returns in 2007. Dan Connelly remains his backup.
OFFENSIVE GUARDS

Left guard Vincent Manuwai and right guard Chris Naeole return as the starters. Stockar McDougle and Richard Collier round out the primary backups.
Overall, the Jaguars starting offensive line looks to be extremely solid. They provided the framework for the highly effective ground game for the team in 2006. Barring any unforeseen injuries, look for more of the same in 2007.

Skinny
09-18-2007, 11:25 AM
There are playing a back-up at center right now and their O-line is struggling to run the ball as well as protect Garrard.

Through Jacksonvilles first 2 games they are averaging 3.7 yards a carry.

3 R.B.s (Fred Taylor, Maurice Drew, Greg Jones) and Garrard combined, have ran for 188 yards on 51 carries while Garrard has been sacked 7 times.

And they have scored a total of 23 points in those 2 games.

On another note, their secondary took a big hit losing starting Safety Gerald Sensabaugh to a shoulder injury Sunday.

According to the Jags site, they'll have to play veteran Sammy Knight in place of Sensabaugh or move cornerback Brian Williams to safety and play Scott Starks or veteran Aaron Glenn at cornerback.

broncosinindy
09-18-2007, 08:35 PM
Thank you Sneakers and skinny for your work Intresting stuff. If i remember right Sammy Knight is SLOWWWWW. Reggie nelson is not ready to go?

Looks as though jacksonvilles. line on the o is having a rough time. but there D line is lights out. I also heard Ingrum is hurt.

DenBronx
09-18-2007, 09:50 PM
i dont know but does anyone know how bad our o line is? :laugh:

cutler was getting a lot of pressure.

broncosinindy
09-18-2007, 10:08 PM
i dont know but does anyone know how bad our o line is? :laugh:

cutler was getting a lot of pressure.
I realy would like to see us add a OT in the top rounds next year or MLB.