PDA

View Full Version : Broncos' Moreno ruled out for third consecutive game

Denver Native (Carol)
10-08-2010, 11:10 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81b29ce1/article/broncos-moreno-ruled-out-for-third-consecutive-game?module=HP_headlines

Denver Broncos coach Josh McDaniels told reporters Friday that starting running back Knowshon Moreno and fullback Spencer Larsen will not play Sunday against the Baltimore Ravens.

It marks the third consecutive game Moreno, nursing a hamstring injury, has missed this season.

Larsen is out with an injured ankle.

Broncos running backs Correll Buckhalter and Laurence Maroney are expected to split carries against the Ravens' stingy run defense if Moreno doesn't play.

GEM
10-08-2010, 11:11 AM
This is getting really old with Moreno.

dogfish
10-08-2010, 11:12 AM
oh joy!

GEM
10-08-2010, 11:14 AM
He needs to be nursing a bottle of water and an exercise bike instead of nursing a hammy. Geez Moreno, you're a professional now....take care of your body like a professional. :tsk:

Northman
10-08-2010, 11:15 AM
Its JUST ONE GAME!!!

ok, 3. lmao

sanluis
10-08-2010, 11:17 AM
Knowshawn is a no show ... what a surprise...

jhildebrand
10-08-2010, 11:18 AM
Knowshawn is a no show ... what a surprise...

How is Ryan Matthews these days? :coffee:

slim
10-08-2010, 11:20 AM
I am shocked.

arapaho2
10-08-2010, 11:22 AM
doubt he could produce any better than marony anyway

UnderArmour
10-08-2010, 11:23 AM
We don't need him anyways. We got Brandon Lloyd who will catch 10 balls for like 200 yards and 3 TDs.

underrated29
10-08-2010, 11:23 AM
I am glad. We dont need him coming back too soon. Especialy against the destroyer of worlds ravens. They always beat us up.

Let get our boy back 100% and take down the Jets. Then gear up for our run.

slim
10-08-2010, 11:24 AM
doubt he could produce any better than marony anyway

I agree. The OL is the issue.

sanluis
10-08-2010, 11:26 AM
How is Ryan Matthews these days? :coffee:

scoring TDs and such. Thanks for asking... :D

Northman
10-08-2010, 11:26 AM
I am glad. We dont need him coming back too soon. Especialy against the destroyer of worlds ravens. They always beat us up.

The Ravens run defense is ranked 21st in the league. I wouldnt call that a Destroyer of Worlds.

broncofaninfla
10-08-2010, 11:31 AM
Moreno hasn't made a difference when he was in there this year, I've grown used to not expecting anything from him even when he plays. With the talent being so weak with the RB's, the scheme being sub par at best and the Oline failing to execute or getting blown off the line pretty much EVERYTHING about Denver's running game sucks. At what point will the coaching be addressed?

arapaho2
10-08-2010, 11:33 AM
I agree. The OL is the issue.

the same oline that the coach said would be an improvment over the one shanny built?:lol:

jhildebrand
10-08-2010, 11:34 AM
scoring TDs and such. Thanks for asking... :D

That would be TD singular. Cute try though, Sanluis :D

Moreno has two.:cool: Matthews has 40 some yards more than him.

slim
10-08-2010, 11:34 AM
the same oline that the coach said would be an improvment over the one shanny built?:lol:

What's your point?

The OL has played poorly. Not sure what that has to do with predictions of success or shanny.

Day1BroncoFan
10-08-2010, 11:36 AM
Sunoffabeach!!!

Ravage!!!
10-08-2010, 11:44 AM
So is Orton going to be our lead rusher again this week?

I don't think Moreno would have done much anyway, but it would have been good to have him back there to at least pretend to take some heat off the passing game.

Gimpygod
10-08-2010, 11:49 AM
Moreno hasn't made a difference when he was in there this year, I've grown used to not expecting anything from him even when he plays. With the talent being so weak with the RB's, the scheme being sub par at best and the Oline failing to execute or getting blown off the line pretty much EVERYTHING about Denver's running game sucks. At what point will the coaching be addressed?

the answer is we are not going to be addressing coaching for quite some time… Besides the Broncos are not about having talented players anymore it's all character and system. On the downside we are not going to see many Pro bowl selections for the Broncos, on the plus side we will be the first NFL team in history to win Miss congeniality at the Miss America beauty pageant.

*Actually that was hyperbole, we still get loafers and individuals with questionable morals. The word "character" actually means "not brought in by Shanahan" in the McDaniels lexicon.

**Where are those young running backs we had during preseason like Bell

sanluis
10-08-2010, 11:53 AM
That would be TD singular. Cute try though, Sanluis :D

Moreno has two.:cool: Matthews has 40 some yards more than him.

sure... on how many carries and what is the ave per carry?? :lol:

jhildebrand
10-08-2010, 11:58 AM
sure... on how many carries and what is the ave per carry?? :lol:

Let's acknowledge your attempt to give Matthews more TD's even though it is only 1 and resolve that before we discuss YPC. ;)

Besides, we all know YPC is a junk stat as so many other Bolt fans have told me.

honz
10-08-2010, 12:05 PM
Andre.

Brown.

Northman
10-08-2010, 12:13 PM
Andre.

Brown.

Is he even playing this week or is McD going to force the Maroney square peg into the round hole again?

BroncoNut
10-08-2010, 12:20 PM

these guys can't be coached up much more if at all. I am now beginning to wish we still had Hillis this season

Gimpygod
10-08-2010, 12:20 PM
Hey, remember when guys like Olandis Gary, Mike Anderson and tater tot could rush for over 1200 yards per season? Man those sure were some crappy finesse oriented offensive lines!

blamkin86
10-08-2010, 12:23 PM
... is McD going to force the Maroney square peg into the round hole again?

Not picking on you, but there haven't been too many holes to run through this year.

I for one hope we try some new scheme or something to find at least say, 20 yards this week (by RBs, not QBs.)

Honestly if Kyle and corps can take us on their backs again, so be it. I know the record isn't great (Jags loss isn't looking terrible anyway) but I'm enjoying this year a lot.

OTHER than the running game, from my uneducated fanshipdom, I do have the feeling we're getting better. Like I was telling my Fiance, remember the years when Manning would come in here and destroy us, and this year looks pretty promising.

BroncoNut
10-08-2010, 12:26 PM
Hey, remember when guys like Olandis Gary, Mike Anderson and tater tot could rush for over 1200 yards per season? Man those sure were some crappy finesse oriented offensive lines!

as a former offensive lineman (LG) I can guarantee you that the problem with the oline is that it just needs time to gel. they are young players still getting to know each other. To run stunts and shunts, you have to learn to trust the player next to you and that takes time.

Ravage!!!
10-08-2010, 12:38 PM
as a former offensive lineman (LG) I can guarantee you that the problem with the oline is that it just needs time to gel. they are young players still getting to know each other. To run stunts and shunts, you have to learn to trust the player next to you and that takes time.

yes, and no.

We've seen young OL do better. I know that we had a young OL just a few years ago, along with new vets (meaning they hadn't gelled with anyone) and our rushing game was down 6 RBs to injury. So although there is SOME truth to this, this can't be all of the problem.

Seems we keep switching blocking schemes. We went from power to the ZBS, back to power. Clady who was rated as THE best LT in the game just 2 years back, is now grading out at "lower than average" games. Can't be the talent. That didn't change.

So there is more to the equation.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
10-08-2010, 12:42 PM
http://static.funnyjunk.com/pictures/life_0.png

slim
10-08-2010, 12:43 PM

Nut, you played LG?

I bet you have a nice bubble.

BroncoNut
10-08-2010, 12:44 PM
Nut, you played LG?

I bet you have a nice bubble.

Yeah, back in the day. They called me the bulldog

sanluis
10-08-2010, 12:56 PM
Let's acknowledge your attempt to give Matthews more TD's even though it is only 1 and resolve that before we discuss YPC. ;)

Besides, we all know YPC is a junk stat as so many other Bolt fans have told me.

Yes.. you got me ..it is only one TD. Now get back on topic :D:lol::lol:

jhildebrand
10-08-2010, 01:05 PM
Yes.. you got me ..it is only one TD. Now get back on topic :D:lol::lol:

I was hoping you were done :lol:

Well YPC don't matter when they come in clean up time....ummm....yea....that's it.

Nomad
10-08-2010, 01:08 PM
Too bad, I was hoping Moreno would have excelled here!!

Here's a pretty good breakdown of Denver's run game last week from OM!!

http://orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=94207

robert ethan
10-08-2010, 01:10 PM
Moreno took a look at the O line in practice and decided to take another week off. Larsen as well.