PDA

View Full Version : Bruschi: Orton To Get Taste Of Reality vs. Ravens

Jagsbch
10-08-2010, 10:58 AM
What NFL fans have witnessed to date from Broncos quarterback Kyle Orton is something rarely seen in the history of the league (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/14093018/comfortable-orton-causing-discomfort-for-opposing-teams/rss), says CBSSports.com.

Orton has thrown for more passing yards (1,419) through the first four games of a season than anybody else not named Kurt Warner, who did it for the Rams in 2000. Needless to say, Orton is causing discomfort for opposing teams.

But Countdown Daily’s Tedy Bruschi thinks Orton’s streak is about to come to a crashing halt.

“Kyle Orton has had a great first quarter of the season, he’s throwing the ball all over the place [and his] statistics are through the roof, but this is the Baltimore Ravens at home,” Bruschi said.

“Orton is going to get a little taste of reality (http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5660066) going up against that Ravens defense.”
Denver’s offense is getting little help from a run game that is averaging 55 yards per game. In fact, Orton actually leads the team with 2.9 yards per rush.

The key for Baltimore may be to attack Orton, who has been sacked 11 times so far.

“If the Ravens can get pressure on Orton (which I think they’ll be able to do), it will force Orton into some bad decisions (http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2010/10/live_ravens_chat_with_jamison_hensley_1_pm_thursda y.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+sports_football_ravens+%28Rav ens+Insider%29),” wrote The Baltimore Sun’s Jamison Hensley. “I just can’t see Orton beating the Ravens.”

But the pressure may need to come without bringing extra help. Orton said the thing that stands out most to him about the Ravens’ defense is the number of players it drops into coverage.

“Early on, I always thought Baltimore would be all blitz, blitz, blitz, but they actually drop more people into coverage than probably 95-percent of the teams around the league,” Orton told reporters Wednesday.

The stable of Ravens corners – Fabian Washington, Lardarius Webb, Chris Carr and Cary Williams – will be rejoined by Josh Wilson who was inactive vs. the Steelers. Head Coach John Harbaugh said Wilson will be a “big part of the game plan” vs. Orton and Co.

Week 5 Picks: Broncos vs. Ravens

I didn’t find a single analyst that picked the Broncos to come out victorious this weekend (although “Madden NFL 11″ simulated a Denver victory, 17-10 (http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/videogames/easims?id=5572416)).

Most analysts caution the Ravens against a letdown after an emotional win over the Steelers (Ravens are 1-3 in games following their past four victories over Pittsburgh), but under Harbaugh, Baltimore usually takes care of teams they’re “supposed” to beat (http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2010/10/live_ravens_chat_with_jamison_hensley_1_pm_thursda y.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+sports_football_ravens+%28Rav ens+Insider%29)at home.
Plus, the Ravens have a stranglehold on Denver with a 4-0 record against the Broncos in Baltimore, winning by an average of 18 points.

The Baltimore Sun (http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-ravens-picks-1008-20101007,0,7492843.story?track=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+baltimoresun%2Fsports%2Ffootb all%2Frss2+%28+Ravens%2FFootball%29&utm_content=FeedBurner): Six of six pick the Ravens
WJZ’s Mark Viviano (http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-ravens-picks-1008-20101007,0,7492843.story?track=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+baltimoresun%2Fsports%2Ffootb all%2Frss2+%28+Ravens%2FFootball%29&utm_content=FeedBurner): Ravens 27, Broncos 17
SI.com’s Peter King (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/10/07/weekend.pickoff/index.html?xid=si_nfl): Ravens 30, Broncos 23
USA Today (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2010-picks.htm?csp=34sports&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+UsatodaycomNfl-TopStories+%28Sports+-+NFL+-+Top+Stories%29): Eight of eight pick the Ravens
Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/pickem;_ylt=Ap04hvoQH759MCup63QXA2lDubYF): Three of three pick Ravens
Sporting News (http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/picks): Six of six pick Ravens
Pro Football Talk (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/30/pfts-week-four-picks/): Two of two pick Ravens
Fox Sports’ Peter Schrager (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/NFL-Week-4-picks-and-predictions): Ravens 30, Broncos 16

T.K.O.
10-08-2010, 11:05 AM
orton still gives us the best chance at a W .:salute:

UnderArmour
10-08-2010, 11:11 AM
More like the Ravens defense will get a taste of reality vs. Kyle Orton. They are going to get lit up big time. Carson Palmer hasn't been anything special, Mark Sanchez and the Jets offense didn't have it together, Pittsburgh Charlie Batch? Kyle Orton is going to light up the scoreboard and there won't be a damn thing they can do.

GEM
10-08-2010, 11:12 AM
Exactly right....it's the Ravens...one of the best defenses in NFL history. They give any QB fits, not just Orton.

Northman
10-08-2010, 11:14 AM
There's a first time for everything. If we come out victorious than what? Everyone in the media will be worshipping the god that is Kyle Orton. Any given sunday. Cant stress it enough.

slim
10-08-2010, 11:15 AM
I agree with jagsbch.

We should probably start Tebow this week.

SOCALORADO.
10-08-2010, 11:16 AM
DEN just needs to employ a similiar offensive set up as they did with INDY.
Those 2 TE sets and having Larsen next to Orton in the shotgun will add extra blockers to help against BALT's pass rush.
And get that passing game going against that horrific secondary.

Day1BroncoFan
10-08-2010, 11:27 AM
I think a lot of it will be who makes the least mistakes. We have won the games we have been able to do that in so far.

Northman
10-08-2010, 11:28 AM
I agree with jagsbch.

We should probably start Tebow this week.

Your just trying to get into his pants.

Jagsbch
10-08-2010, 11:49 AM
Denver runs a West Coast offense, one predicated on short passes that are almost like running plays. The Broncos like to use a lot of play-action, but once the Ravens shut down Denver's running game, ranked last in the league, play-action becomes meaningless.

It's not as if Denver's passing game is complicated. They like to run a lot of screens, slants, hitches and other quick passes to receivers Eddie Royal and Demaryius Thomas, with Brandon Lloyd as the homerun hitter.

It's a pea-shooter offense.

Ravens aren't afraid of Broncos' overrated passing attack (http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-preston-ravens-1008-20101007,0,7763082.column)

Pea-shooter offense?:eek:

Day1BroncoFan
10-08-2010, 11:52 AM
I will admit, without a running game sooner or later it will cost us. :sad:

slim
10-08-2010, 11:52 AM
Your just trying to get into his pants.

In my defense, have you seen his moose knuckle?

I mean, it is not Favre worthy, but still.

MileHighCrew
10-08-2010, 11:54 AM
Last week the Titans were going to kill the Broncos too. I remember that from all the Friday picks. :confused: Good thing I didn't just skip the game. :salute:

jhildebrand
10-08-2010, 12:01 PM
Orton will get a taste of another road victory against another physical D so long as the gameplan calls for quick routes and 3 or 5 step drops.

I would also love to see DT on some end arounds and reverses. The guy's speed could easily kill Baltimore not to mention keep their D more honest than Tennessee's

slim
10-08-2010, 12:05 PM
I hope they stop throwing the fade to Gaffney in the red zone.

If they are going to do that, it needs to go to DT.

Oh, and I want to see Andre Brown.

underrated29
10-08-2010, 12:08 PM
There's a first time for everything. If we come out victorious than what? Everyone in the media will be worshipping the god that is Kyle Orton. Any given sunday. Cant stress it enough.

Nope, if we come out victorious, everyone will be saying it was a trap game, a let down by baltimore. They lost the game and did not play to standards and that if there was another meeting they would OWN us. Kyle Orton will not get praise.

BroncoNut
10-08-2010, 12:10 PM
I guess I would agree with Bruschi. Ravens seconsary is supposed to be their weakspot though, It seems I heard earlier in the season.

dogfish
10-08-2010, 12:19 PM
Dogfish: **** you, Tedy!

rcsodak
10-08-2010, 12:21 PM
More like the Ravens defense will get a taste of reality vs. Kyle Orton. They are going to get lit up big time. Carson Palmer hasn't been anything special, Mark Sanchez and the Jets offense didn't have it together, Pittsburgh Charlie Batch? Kyle Orton is going to light up the scoreboard and there won't be a damn thing they can do.

I wish you were right, Armour, but all three of those teams listed have running games.

IF denver can score early, and get the lead, they have a fighting chance. But if they load up to stop the run, and flacco beats them over the top, it could be ugly. IMO

The first qtr will tell the story, methinks.

honz
10-08-2010, 12:21 PM
I'm about to give OP a taste of reality.

rcsodak
10-08-2010, 12:22 PM

Except for certain Bronco fans. :rolleyes:

*jagsbch, anybody?*

Jagsbch
10-08-2010, 12:36 PM
Exactly LMAO Give me some Tim Tebow. Last time the Broncos won on the road against the Ravens was when John Elway was benched...

Now if we can bench John Elway then Certainly Kyle Orton will be no exception to the rule...:salute:

Orton has every analysts writing off the Broncos... I am sick of it.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog...-at-tennessee/

Re-Focused: Week 4, Broncos at Titans
October 7th, 2010 | Author: Chris Benson

As we know, the better team does not always win in every matchup — and that was certainly the case in this game, in which Denver pulled out a win on the road despite being outperformed by the Titans...

BroncoNut
10-08-2010, 12:40 PM
Exactly LMAO Give me some Tim Tebow. Last time the Broncos won on the road against the Ravens was when John Elway was benched...

Now if we can bench John Elway then Certainly Kyle Orton will be no exception to the rule...:salute:

Orton has the critics talking crap about our team... I am sick of it.

I never looked at it that way. I'm still listening, go on

NightTrainLayne
10-08-2010, 12:45 PM
DEN just needs to employ a similiar offensive set up as they did with INDY.
Those 2 TE sets and having Larsen next to Orton in the shotgun will add extra blockers to help against BALT's pass rush.
And get that passing game going against that horrific secondary.

Lasen's out. . .

Northman
10-08-2010, 12:45 PM
Last time the Broncos won on the road against the Ravens was when John Elway was benched...

I thought you were a guy who prided himself on research? Denver has NEVER beaten Baltimore on the road. And the only time John Elway faced Bmore at home he won. Your just talking out your ass now.

BroncoNut
10-08-2010, 12:47 PM
I thought you were a guy who prided himself on research? Denver has NEVER beaten Baltimore on the road. And the only time John Elway faced Bmore at home he won. Your just talking out your ass now.

LMAO!! damn.

Nomad
10-08-2010, 12:55 PM

And usually they kick our ass there...it's never pretty!! But this time will be different!!!:) Just don't where the same gear you wore last year you went to the game, North!!:D

Jagsbch
10-08-2010, 12:55 PM
I never looked at it that way. I'm still listening, go on

Well it started when my loving mother yanked me off the toilet to beat my ass. I thought I could be safe from her wrath there, I still remember the bruise on my leg...

Then there was the time we boardered the field out of pine straw and used a pine cone for a football...

That red headed bully who was twice as big as me, I still have no idea why he hated me...

The sunset in Hawaii my first memory...

Life there is beauty and there is horror. What we are seeing here with the Broncos is a self inflicted horror to what clearly is a beautiful team.

BroncoNut
10-08-2010, 12:57 PM
Well it started when my loving mother yanked me off the toilet to beat my ass. I thought I could be safe from her wrath there, I still remember the bruise on my leg...

Then there was the time we boardered the field out of pine straw and used a pine cone for a football...

That red headed bully who was twice as big as me, I still have no idea why he hated me...

Life there is beauty and there is horror. What we are seeing here with the Broncos is a self inflicted horror to what clearly is a beautiful team.

just one question. did your mom get shit on her hands?

Northman
10-08-2010, 12:58 PM
And usually they kick our ass there...it's never pretty!! But this time will be different!!!:) Just don't where the same gear you wore last year you went to the game, North!!:D

We might be in luck. I wasnt able to get tickets this year. :lol:

Nomad
10-08-2010, 12:59 PM
We might be in luck. I wasnt able to get tickets this year. :lol:

Well that sucks!!

Northman
10-08-2010, 01:00 PM
Well that sucks!!

Yea, i was kind of bummed. But, i have a friend coming over on Sunday (he's a Ravens fan) and we will get some beers and watch the game.

Thnikkaman
10-08-2010, 01:01 PM
According to Cold Hard Football Facts.com (really one of the best stat sites out there), they have Tennessee as the #1 defense in the league, with B-More tied for 12th.

Lets look at their stats thus far:

Rank Team YPA # NPP% # 3down% # Avg
1 Tennessee 3.74 10 11.83 6 25.0 3 6.3
12t Baltimore 4.32 21 7.41 22 23.53 1 14.7

Those stats are
YPA - Yards allowed per attempt
NPP% - Negative Pass Play Percentage
3down% - 3rd down conversions allowed

Now, considering that Baltimore is 2-0 against teams with winning records right now, those stats are skewed in Tennessee's favor a little bit. But with the way we played against Tennessee, I'm expecting Orton to play better this week.

Jagsbch
10-08-2010, 01:06 PM
LMAO!! damn.

I am smack dab in the middle of a knarly flue, so excuse me for not being so clear headed today...

So what game was it that Elway was benched and the back up came in to win it?

jhildebrand
10-08-2010, 01:07 PM
I am smack dab in the middle of a knarly flue, so excuse me for not being so clear headed today...

Are you refering to Houston Oilers with Kubes? :confused:

BroncoNut
10-08-2010, 01:09 PM

I remember I called you out on some other bs in the religion forum about a month ago, and you said the same thing. Is this a relapse?
nope, no excuses. if you're that out of it, you keep your trap shut. Otherwise you'll say things you will regret, like that you got banged by your dog or something

slim
10-08-2010, 01:10 PM

:laugh:

Jagsbch
10-08-2010, 01:13 PM
I remember I called you out on some other bs in the religion forum about a month ago, and you said the same thing. Is this a relapse?
nope, no excuses. if you're that out of it, you keep your trap shut. Otherwise you'll say things you will regret, like that you got banged by your dog or something

Now your making me out to be a liar? :rolleyes:
How can I even remember what the hell your talking about, BTW what in the hell are you talking about? :rolleyes:

Well I am waiting...

The Glue Factory
10-08-2010, 01:39 PM

That would be against the Baltimore COLTS in 1983, week 2 of Elway's rookie year. Mind you Elway refused to play for the Colts who drafted him #1 that year, saying he'd rather play for the Yankees who had drafted him months earlier. Any true Colts fan hates Elway to this day because of that. They can blame it on the feud that Jack Elway (John's father) had with Irsay. Jack advised John to never have anything to do with Irsay.

How can you call yourself a Broncos fan if you can't at least find the basics of that first sentence? :tsk: Oh that's right. You're a Tebow fan, not a Broncos fan. Sorry for the mistake there.

BroncoNut
10-08-2010, 01:50 PM
Now your making me out to be a liar? :rolleyes:
How can I even remember what the hell your talking about, BTW what in the hell are you talking about? :rolleyes:

Well I am waiting...

nevermind :tsk:

and I didn't call you a liar.

BroncoNut
10-08-2010, 01:52 PM
actually Glue, Baltimore fans hate Elway. I'm not so sure about present day Colts fans. I mean I honestly don't know, not disagreeing with you.

The Glue Factory
10-08-2010, 02:05 PM
actually Glue, Baltimore fans hate Elway. I'm not so sure about present day Colts fans. I mean I honestly don't know, not disagreeing with you.

Considering that the Colts moved from Baltimore to Indy...

Yes long time fans in Baltimore hate Elway (even though they are probably current Ravens fans.) My statement about true Colts fans was a reference to when they were in Baltimore.

The boys in the factory all agree that Jags doesn't know much about what he's talking about. Additionally, he couldn't get the analogy right since Elway was a rookie when he was benched for the vet (Steve DeBerg) rather than the other way around and it was only after Elway had such a poor showing in the game that it was obvious he wasn't able to get it done. Fortunately DeBerg pulled out the 17-10 win, thanks to the Orange Crush doing what it did best.

Tempus Fugit
10-08-2010, 02:07 PM
This should be a very interesting matchup.

1.) Denver can't run the ball, but it doesn't matter against Baltimore because, as a general rule, nobody can run the ball against the Ravens.

2.) Baltimore's secondary sucks, and Denver's a prolific passing team.

3.) The Ravens have been struggling in the running game, and Flacco's been struggling quite a bit, and the Broncos secondary is the team's defensive strength

Based upon the way both teams have played this season to date, this game should come down to the Ravens D-line and blitzers v. the Broncos O-line against the pass.

Jagsbch
10-08-2010, 02:07 PM
That would be against the Baltimore COLTS in 1983, week 2 of Elway's rookie year. Mind you Elway refused to play for the Colts who drafted him #1 that year, saying he'd rather play for the Yankees who had drafted him months earlier. Any true Colts fan hates Elway to this day because of that. They can blame it on the feud that Jack Elway (John's father) had with Irsay. Jack advised John to never have anything to do with Irsay..

I am sitting here kicking myself in the ass thinking I know I read somewhere that the Broncos won in Baltimore. Thanks for the heads up...

nevcraw
10-08-2010, 02:12 PM

anymore talk of Elway getting benched and you better start looking over your shoulder in the dorm shower or your womens lit class..

Jagsbch
10-08-2010, 02:13 PM
Ravens coach John Harbaugh and quarterback Joe Flacco both broke through this past Sunday for their first win at Pittsburgh.

The roles will be reversed this Sunday.

The Ravens are the ones trying to maintain their dominance over the Denver Broncos in Baltimore. They are 4-0 (including the playoffs) against the Broncos at home, winning by an average of 18 points. Every victory has been by a double-digit margin.

Some say the Ravens' stronghold over Denver is the result of bad matchup. The Ravens have traditionally been more physical than the finesse Broncos.

Others argue the intangibles play a bigger factor. The Broncos are making the long flight to the East Coast, where kickoff is 11 a.m. Mountain Time (the 2002 meeting, though, was a prime-time game).

The result has been lopsided scores and some of the most memorable plays in the Ravens' 15-year existence:

2000 (AFC wild card): Ravens 21, Broncos 3. Shannon Sharpe watched a twice-batted pass fall into his hands and ran down the sideline for a 58-yard touchdown, the pivotal score in the Ravens' first postseason win. Sharpe was supposed to run a 10-yard hitch route but broke off the pattern when he noticed Denver was playing a deep zone. "I was at the wrong place at the right time," Sharpe said after the game.

2002: Ravens 34, Broncos 23. In defeating the previously unbeaten Broncos, a Ravens offense that hadn't scored in 1231/2 minutes struck for three touchdowns during a 31-point second quarter, the most prolific quarter in team history. Ravens cornerback Chris McAlister scored on a 108-yard return of a missed field-goal attempt, high-stepping his way for the final 30 yards as coach Brian Billick followed him down the sideline with his hands raised.

2003: Ravens 26, Broncos 6. The Ravens' defense grabbed the game and third-string quarterback Danny Kanell by the throat from the beginning and squeezed the fight out of the Broncos in the end. Two interceptions — by Ray Lewis and Gary Baxter — and a fourth-down stand deep in Denver territory set up easy scores in a 17-point fourth quarter, turning a 9-6 lead into a rout.

2009: Ravens 30, Broncos 7. A team effort toppled the previously undefeated Broncos. The defense set the physical tone and held the Broncos to 200 total yards (the fewest by a Denver team since 2003). The special teams provided the mid-game spark when rookie Lardarius Webb returned the opening kickoff of the second half 95 yards for a touchdown. And the offense finished it off with two fourth-quarter touchdowns and Joe Flacco completing his final 14 passes.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2010-10-07/sports/bs-sp-ravens-beat-1008-20101007_1_ravens-offense-denver-territory-john-harbaugh-and-quarterback

The Glue Factory
10-08-2010, 02:13 PM
I am sitting here kicking myself in the ass thinking I know I read somewhere that the Broncos won in Baltimore. Thanks for the heads up...

Considering you weren't even born yet, I suppose it's understandable... Maybe. Might want to do better research before opening your mouth though.

BroncoNut
10-08-2010, 02:20 PM
This should be a very interesting matchup.

1.) Denver can't run the ball, but it doesn't matter against Baltimore because, as a general rule, nobody can run the ball against the Ravens.

2.) Baltimore's secondary sucks, and Denver's a prolific passing team.

3.) The Ravens have been struggling in the running game, and Flacco's been struggling quite a bit, and the Broncos secondary is the team's defensive strength

Based upon the way both teams have played this season to date, this game should come down to the Ravens D-line and blitzers v. the Broncos O-line against the pass.

I'm looking forward to a pretty exciting game.

Ravage!!!
10-08-2010, 02:30 PM
I think our run defense is the strength of our team d-side right now. We've been able to stuff the run, but even Vince was able to throw the ball against us.

T.K.O.
10-08-2010, 02:33 PM

huh ?:confused:

BroncoNut
10-08-2010, 02:34 PM
If we can stop Rice from churning out big yardage and can put pressure on Flacco, I think we have a chance to win this game. Defense is again going to have to play lights out. Can they do it on road 2 weeks in a row? that is the question.

Northman
10-08-2010, 02:49 PM
Rice is ailing, but they also have McClain and McGahee.

Jagsbch
10-08-2010, 02:49 PM
huh ?:confused:

I owe you one. That was hillarious:laugh:

Jagsbch
10-08-2010, 02:57 PM
If we can stop Rice from churning out big yardage and can put pressure on Flacco, I think we have a chance to win this game. Defense is again going to have to play lights out. Can they do it on road 2 weeks in a row? that is the question.

We are going to win this game. This team is so underrated right now that it is not even funny. You know they are sick of seeing the Ravens be so overrated while they get stomped on by every paid analyst in the league.

Ravens have not earned the respect to be No.1 And the Broncos are going to prove they have earned a hell of a lot more respect than the rhetoric from the critics is giving them credit for. BRONCOS ARE HELL BENT ON PROVING JUST THAT IN A WIN THEY NEED A HELL OF ALOT MORE THAN THE RAVENS DO.

A ravens team mind you that actually believe they are all that after beating a steelers team with a 4th string QB after having to come back from behind with 32 seconds left to go, because that 4th string QB went 3 and out ratehr than get a first down to kill the clock.

It is time for the Broncos who proved to be tougher than the Titans by shutting down their powerhouse rushing attack, to go to Baltimore and shut them down by knocking their clock off.

Ravens are a generic team, and the Broncos are going to expose them for being just that~!!

Jagsbch
10-08-2010, 03:28 PM
Will Ray Lewis get a chance to welcome Tim Tebow to the NFL?

In the offseason, Baltimore linebacker Ray Lewis said he thought Denver rookie Tim Tebow received more help than most NFL prospects on his way through the draft process.

Lewis made it clear he didn’t think it was cool. Perhaps Lewis will get a chance to welcome Tebow to the NFL in his special way Sunday?

The only way that happens is if Denver uses a special package that includes Tebow. He has been on the active roster in three of four games this season, but he hasn’t played since opening day.

http://espn.go.com/blog/AFCWest/post/_/id/18254/afc-west-final-word-14

Jagsbch
10-08-2010, 03:32 PM
http://otrsportsonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Foreclosedhome-300x199.jpg:D

Denver Broncos at Baltimore Ravens (-7)

This is going to be a very emotional game for Tim Tebow. He’s not playing in his hometown and we don’t think he had anyone close to him die or anything like that. But, with fellow Christian Glen Coffee getting busted for having a concealed weapon, Tebow will be playing with a very heavy heart. The only upside for Denver is that he never sees the field, so hopefully the team won’t be impacted too much.

On the other side, the Baltimore Ravens have been dealing with some very sobering news as well. According to data released on Friday, home purchases in the Baltimore area were down again for the month of September. 400 fewer purchases were made during that time than in September 2009. Trying playing a football game with that hanging over your head.

Denver covers.

Broncos 18, Ravens 21

The Glue Factory
10-08-2010, 04:11 PM
Will Ray Lewis get a chance to welcome Tim Tebow to the NFL?

In the offseason, Baltimore linebacker Ray Lewis said he thought Denver rookie Tim Tebow received more help than most NFL prospects on his way through the draft process.

Lewis made it clear he didn’t think it was cool. Perhaps Lewis will get a chance to welcome Tebow to the NFL in his special way Sunday?

The only way that happens is if Denver uses a special package that includes Tebow. He has been on the active roster in three of four games this season, but he hasn’t played since opening day.

http://espn.go.com/blog/AFCWest/post/_/id/18254/afc-west-final-word-14

Or Ray's looking to put Orton out of the game?

Italianmobstr7
10-08-2010, 04:38 PM
No one picked us to win vs Tennessee either. Also, even if Tebow was starting like you so desperately want, we still wouldn't be favored. Wed be even bigger underdogs .

TXBRONC
10-08-2010, 04:48 PM

What's talking about North is 1983 when Colts were still in Baltimore.

Northman
10-08-2010, 04:54 PM
What's talking about North is 1983 when Colts were still in Baltimore.

Except this is what he actually posted.

Last time the Broncos won on the road against the Ravens was when John Elway was benched...

TXBRONC
10-08-2010, 05:00 PM
Except this is what he actually posted.

I know but I think that's what he meant. Anyway IIRC Elway only played the Ravens once in his career and that was at home in '97 or '98 and the Broncos won that game.

BroncoBJ
10-08-2010, 05:48 PM
And Tebow to get taste of the bench, again. :salute:

broncofaninfla
10-08-2010, 06:04 PM
With no running game the Raven defense can key on Orton, it's only a matter of time before he gets hurt. The Ravens are a very physical team, I'm very curious to see who our no. 2 QB is this week.
Ortons playing some damn good ball right now but we need for the running game to step up.

PAINTERDAVE
10-08-2010, 06:11 PM
I agree. If Orton survives this game and is healthy for next week...
I'll count that as a victory of sorts.

Orton is gonna be scrambling for his life.

broncofaninfla
10-08-2010, 06:27 PM

I just looked at the depth chart, if it's up to date and accurate Quinn is the number two QB this week.

dogfish
10-08-2010, 06:29 PM

it won't get easier next week against the jets-- nobody blitzes more aggressively than rex. . .

Jagsbch
10-08-2010, 10:31 PM
The PlaTebow Effect (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/486538-the-denver-broncos-platebow-effect-on-the-baltimore-ravens-staring-tim-tebow)

Dzone
10-08-2010, 11:02 PM
this would be the biggest upset of the season so far.

Jagsbch
10-09-2010, 07:44 AM
It's going to have to be...:salute:

jhildebrand
10-09-2010, 05:01 PM

If the game plan calls for short drops and quick passes, an occasional end around to DT, a well timed long ball, then this team has a chance.

I truly believe ST's will decide this game. Either they allow a return and the Broncos lose or they don't and chances are we are in it at the end.

Italianmobstr7
10-09-2010, 06:19 PM
It's going to have to be...:salute:

You do realize that even if Denver loses which is probable, that with Tebow in there it wouldn't matter right? We'd probably get beat even worse. We're not starting Tebow this year bro. Get the hell over it. Stop littering our board with your bullcrap articles about how you hate Orton. No one cares. Orton is our QB right now. Tebow will be our QB later. Putting him in right now would do more harm than good.

Poet
10-09-2010, 06:23 PM
Ban Jagsbitch or whatever his name is.

:welcome:

Shazam!
10-09-2010, 06:28 PM
Will the Broncos win?

I do not know.

I'll tell you this, regardless of the outcome.

KO and Co. are going to TORCH the Ravens D through the air.

TORCH.

Quote This.

I'll answer to this prediction tomorrow right or wrong.

TORCH.