PDA

View Full Version : This may sound silly, but maybe you feel it a little, too.

sneakers
08-29-2007, 12:33 AM
After spending 6-8 hours a night, 5 nights a week at work on Broncomania (or what's left of it) for over a year, I have grown very attached to it. It sounds silly that one could grow attached to a non-material item let alone a website....but I have.

And with this, I feel a strong sense of loyalty to Broncomania. Kudos to those who envisioned making a website as beautiful as this one, and then creating it. But does anyone feel a little like they have betrayed a loyal friend and joined this revolutionary Broncos forum?

Or I could be completely off my rocker here too. :D

Edit: Someone might be saying to themselves "why not just post in both?" My answer would be that like my football team, I can only have 1 obsession....it wouldn't feel right to be to split up my time. I have to give it all...I don't know if this makes things more confusing?

topscribe
08-29-2007, 01:29 AM
You don't have to quit one to post at the other. A lot of people post at more
than one message board. Maners post on Mania, and those from Mania post
in the Mane. There is also BroncosFreak, whose members also belong to one
or more of the others.

Our Admin, Tned, still posts on Mania, and he has already announced his
intention to keep on doing it.

I personally believe we have a better board, and it is going to get even better
as it develops and accumulates more members. But that doesn't mean it is the
only one.

Just go with your heart. No one here or there (hopefully) is going to judge you
for that. :)

-----

Reidman
08-29-2007, 03:10 AM
You can still post at Broncomania. I will myself, but now I have a place to post and talk football with members who no longer visit there or who have been banned for absurd reasons.

It's like having more than one sports channel.

topscribe
08-29-2007, 03:18 AM
You can still post at Broncomania. I will myself, but now I have a place to post and talk football with members who no longer visit there or who have been banned for absurd reasons.

It's like having more than one sports channel.
Or who simply prefer this one.

-----

BroncoBJ
08-29-2007, 04:44 AM
I'm actually on a few forums myself ;).
Theres about 2 forums That I post on regularly(Broncomania and another one)

I use to post on Broncosfreak but I liked Broncomania a lot more.

It always takes me time to post on new message boards but I know everyone on this site so it shouldn't be too hard to post on.

I will try to recruit people to join on this site as well and help it grow.

sneakers
08-29-2007, 04:57 AM
Flipping back and forth is a pain in the butt...I will get used to it.

KCL
08-29-2007, 06:05 AM
Well alternate days if that makes it easier for you.I was on the
other board last night.Its not a big deal but I will probably be
checking out both boards.

BTW-Yea your off your rocker!;)

BroncoBJ
08-29-2007, 06:07 AM
Well alternate days if that makes it easier for you.I was on the
other board last night.Its not a big deal but I will probably be
checking out both boards.

BTW-Yea your off your rocker!;)

You should spend your time checking out Chief websites.
LOL @ you on multiple Bronco forums.

Wack!

KCL
08-29-2007, 06:10 AM
You should spend your time checking out Chief websites.
LOL @ you on multiple Bronco forums.

Wack!

wheres my negging powers????????? :D

Tned
08-29-2007, 07:30 AM
After spending 6-8 hours a night, 5 nights a week at work on Broncomania (or what's left of it) for over a year, I have grown very attached to it. It sounds silly that one could grow attached to a non-material item let alone a website....but I have.

And with this, I feel a strong sense of loyalty to Broncomania. Kudos to those who envisioned making a website as beautiful as this one, and then creating it. But does anyone feel a little like they have betrayed a loyal friend and joined this revolutionary Broncos forum?

Edit: Someone might be saying to themselves "why not just post in both?" My answer would be that like my football team, I can only have 1 obsession....it wouldn't feel right to be to split up my time. I have to give it all...I don't know if this makes things more confusing?

I completely understand. I think most of us feel that way to some degree. On the other hand, many of us feel that the direction the forum has taken over the last 6-12 months have left it feeling less and less 'special' like it used to.

I can only speak for myself, but I don't feel I have to be forum monogamous. I will continue to post on BM, and obviously spend a significant amount of my time here.

anton...
08-29-2007, 10:06 AM
Just go with your heart. No one here or there (hopefully) is going to judge you
for that. :)

-----

im judging already...

but after all is said and done, i kinda feel the same way, i feel dirty for leaving my first and only message board that is broncomania...

and i simply do not spend enough time on the computer to be on more than one site...

as time went on, i posted less and less on mania, simply because i found it stagnant and repetitive...

ill try to remain on both but i think eventually i will have to make a choice...

and i feel as though i somehow owe some loyalty to mania...

so i may not like my choice...

i kinda dont like the position im in, and although a message board wont make me lose any sleep over worries, when im online i kinda feel empty...?

thats my two cents...
________
Colorado medical marijuana dispensaries (http://colorado.dispensaries.org/)

sanluis
08-29-2007, 12:43 PM
I enjoy the people. They make the board and I visit the ones that have the people that interest me. I stay true to my team and myself at all times and enjoy and learn from other people. I think you will find happiness in that approach.;)

Watchthemiddle
08-29-2007, 02:35 PM
. But does anyone feel a little like they have betrayed a loyal friend and joined this revolutionary Broncos forum?

NOPE!!

Dang, where is my cup of coffee???

:D

Tned
08-29-2007, 02:39 PM
NOPE!!

I'm still searching for a decent set of smilies. Hopefully, I will have something up by the end of the weekend at the latest.

Watchthemiddle
08-29-2007, 02:43 PM
I'm still searching for a decent set of smilies. Hopefully, I will have something up by the end of the weekend at the latest.

Cool.

CHeers..

Dang, where is my beers to toast with?? LOL...:D

bengaaaaals1688
08-29-2007, 05:02 PM
I am on now my third message board. One is the Bengals, the other is Mania, and the new one is here. It isn't too hard, and if you want to post on both and not have to flip back and forth... post on one for awhile, and the other later.

SR
08-29-2007, 05:14 PM
But does anyone feel a little like they have betrayed a loyal friend and joined this revolutionary Broncos forum?

I don't feel that way at all. The way I see it is that the people in control at BM betrayed those of us who were loyal posters there and those who made that website great by implimenting all of these BS rules and unwillingness to change the site to better it for those who mattered most.

I haven't posted at BM since I started posting here (that I can remember, anyway) and I don't intend to post there much.

Broncos Mtnman
08-29-2007, 05:27 PM
No, I don't feel that way.

Broncomania (oops, I mean Broncos Country) has taken a direction that I personally find insulting to long time members.

I don't think old-timers (sorry for using that word Top... lol) deserve special consideration over there, but the total disregard of the opinions of those members, along with the new "take it or leave it" attitude developed over the new IP system, made that place very different than it used to be.

I remember when I received my first banning (one of 4 I have received over there.... lol). I wanted to be back there so bad because it had become like an old friend.

It just doesn't feel that way anymore.

T1014
08-31-2007, 06:46 PM
I wanted to be back there so bad because it had become like an old friend.

It just doesn't feel that way anymore.

I'd CP you for that, but, uh, well you know.

Anyways, Kudos to that statement. The whole feel-goodness of Broncomania has... well deteriorated in the past months. I've never been a huge poster there, but I've been there since '05 and my comfort zone at formerly known Broncomania, has deteriorated along with its overall quality.

I don't think of changing over to this board full time or sharing time with both boards as betrayal of Broncomania. I think of the new, blindingly white boards as Broncos Country Message Boards. Broncomania retired along with the disappearance of its name at the top. Along with its retirement went good memories of camaraderie and an overall wealth of football knowledge being dispersed, but change must come. Some things might overrule the good things that are still there. And so if these changes are not something you like, you have to find alternate ways to make yourself happy. It only makes sense to keep the good things that you want, and make a choice to remove the bad things by switching boards if that's what makes you happy. (isn't it logical?)

Besides, it's not betrayal... Its just message boards.

But overall, its all made in an effort to unite the Bronco fans throughout the world, to show them they are not alone.

Watchthemiddle
08-31-2007, 06:49 PM

Anyways, Kudos to that statement. The whole feel-goodness of Broncomania has... well deteriorated in the past months. I've never been a huge poster there, but I've been there since '05 and my comfort zone at formerly known Broncomania, has deteriorated along with its overall quality.

I don't think of changing over to this board full time or sharing time with both boards as betrayal of Broncomania. I think of the new, blindingly white boards as Broncos Country Message Boards. Broncomania retired along with the disappearance of its name at the top. Along with its retirement went good memories of camaraderie and an overall wealth of football knowledge being dispersed, but change must come. Some things might overrule the good things that are still there. And so if these changes are not something you like, you have to find alternate ways to make yourself happy. It only makes sense to keep the good things that you want, and make a choice to remove the bad things by switching boards if that's what makes you happy. (isn't it logical?)

But overall, its all made in an effort to unite the Bronco fans throughout the world, to show them they are not alone.

It all started when they banned me permanently.

:cool::cool:

Tned
08-31-2007, 06:50 PM
It all started when they banned me permanently.

:cool::cool:

You were banned? I never noticed you were gone. :laugh:

BANJOPICKER1
08-31-2007, 07:54 PM
You were banned? I never noticed you were gone. :laugh:

That was harsh,LOL
I didnt notice either..:laugh:

anton...
08-31-2007, 08:01 PM
whats his name got banned??

:confused:

right.........
________
Effects of nexium (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/nexium/)

xX-Bronco-Xx
08-31-2007, 08:10 PM

You are going to be one smart adult when you grow up. :turtle:

But yes everything you said was right.

Watchthemiddle
08-31-2007, 08:22 PM
That was harsh,LOL
I didnt notice either..:laugh:

My legacy is still that strong over there huh??

:rock:

Denver Native (Carol)
08-31-2007, 09:16 PM
I still post on what used to be Broncomania, now Broncos Country, every once in a while, but I just do not like the fact that I feel Broncos Country was a bomb by itself, so they changed Broncomania to Broncos Country - somewhat forcing it on the posters. Most of my time will be on this site.

Uncle Buck
08-31-2007, 09:48 PM

Sneaks, kudos to you for your honesty!

I too have felt some remorse for leaving Broncomania. I don't think that a truly thinking and compassionate human being can just abandon others without some remorse (or second thoughts).

That said, I think that this new site is the best of both worlds. Tned and staff are most likely keenly aware of how NOT to run a fan site. And I'm sure that the other site is already taking note. In a way this is a win/win scenario, especially given that there are so many Broncos fans to go around!

Here's the best part of it all: The former boards fans protested, challenged, and a new site was born out of it. This is the American way.

And it's also the Broncos way. Each season, you have to fight against the cut. No job is secure. Anyone is dispensible.

Now we have another choice. Isn’t that America? Free enterprise, baby!

Bunkle uck

Chica_Ang
09-01-2007, 08:32 PM
sneakers:

i felt the same way. i was just really getting to know people and felt like a contributing member and wham! conflict. made me sad.

i feel loyal to broncos country...it IS the Denver Broncos site! just don't hold it against me anyone, okay?

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w39/Chica_Ang/AddEmoticons00513.gif

KCL
09-01-2007, 10:04 PM
sneakers:

i felt the same way. i was just really getting to know people and felt like a contributing member and wham! conflict. made me sad.

i feel loyal to broncos country...it IS the Denver Broncos site! just don't hold it against me anyone, okay?

why would we hold it against you? No one cares where you post...its nice to have people here but this wasn't created to cause anyone any hard feelings.

Tned
09-01-2007, 10:04 PM
sneakers:

I still post on Broncomania.

Chica_Ang
09-01-2007, 10:53 PM
why would we hold it against you? No one cares where you post...its nice to have people here but this wasn't created to cause anyone any hard feelings.

anymore it's hard to tell how anyone is going to feel about anything. i just want us all to get along. :D

Chica_Ang
09-01-2007, 10:54 PM
I still post on Broncomania.

ok.

KCL
09-01-2007, 11:08 PM
anymore it's hard to tell how anyone is going to feel about anything. i just want us all to get along. :D

well trust me...no one here is going to care if you feel loyal to BC...
People were invited to join here if they liked and that doesnt mean
leaving one board for another.

I am a member of both boards.

Chica_Ang
09-01-2007, 11:17 PM
well trust me...no one here is going to care if you feel loyal to BC...
People were invited to join here if they liked and that doesnt mean
leaving one board for another.

I am a member of both boards.

okay. :grouphug: LOL

keithbishop
09-03-2007, 02:48 AM
I'll continue to post about baseball and entertainment at Broncomania (I can't bring myself to leave a few of the threads), but this will be my football home. I needed a fresh start on football subjects. I rarely ventured into GD after the QB switch.... too much animosity for my taste.

P.S. No, I'm not going to call it "Broncos Country". Can't do it.

keithbishop
09-03-2007, 02:54 AM
NOPE!!

Good news: I missed you.

Bad news: We took a poll and no one else missed you. :sorry:

BroncoBJ
09-03-2007, 03:00 AM
I'll continue to post about baseball and entertainment at Broncomania (I can't bring myself to leave a few of the threads), but this will be my football home. I needed a fresh start on football subjects. I rarely ventured into GD after the QB switch.... too much animosity for my taste.

P.S. No, I'm not going to call it "Broncos Country". Can't do it.

Damn you stayin up pretty late KB. :eek:

And Yea I seem to talk more about baseball at Broncomania then football. :laugh:

Too many posters think they know everything about the team so I dont feel like getting banned over arguing with them so I learn to stay away. ;)

Skywalker
09-03-2007, 03:23 AM
Too many posters think they know everything about the team so I dont feel like getting banned over arguing with them so I learn to stay away. ;)

ZOMG (insert name of player) GOT CUT! PLEASE SHANNY, EVEN THOUGH YOU ARE THE HEAD FOOTBALL COACH OF THE DENVER BRONCOS YOU WILL READ READ MY POST...SIGN HIM!

This guy is a beast man. We need to get him.

Seems like that's all "Broncos Country" is to me now.

I do feel like I'm betraying an old friend a little bit, but that old friend is gone now. I still go on there but I never post anymore. I can balance posting on both boards, plus a few others I go to :tongue:

BroncoBJ
09-03-2007, 03:27 AM
ZOMG (insert name of player) GOT CUT! PLEASE SHANNY, EVEN THOUGH YOU ARE THE HEAD FOOTBALL COACH OF THE DENVER BRONCOS YOU WILL READ READ MY POST...SIGN HIM!

I do feel like I'm betraying an old friend a little bit, but that old friend is gone now. I still go on there but I never post anymore. I can balance posting on both boards, plus a few others I go to :tongue:

lol, yea thats pretty much all it is. It's funny watching people try to tell the team and the coaches what to do.
I will still post there but its not as bad posting here because its with most the people I post with over there. Its not like I'm betraying my E-homies. :beer:

Another thing thats wack is everyones sig with thier HUGE Font saying: SHANNY SIGN THIS GUY OR DRAFT THIS GUY!!!

I've came to the conclusion that Shannahan and Crew dont read my posts so I dont bother saying all that.

sneakers
09-03-2007, 05:34 AM

Hahahahhahaa, That's one of the funniest posts ever (funny because it's true)

But seriously, I am glad this thread has given people an opportunity to air out some of their feelings...it has helped me out.:bounce:

Jody
09-03-2007, 09:35 AM
Nonsense! There's no betrayal for spreading your wings and trying out other sites! Plus, you are valuable as well, being on a board that appreciates you is what every poster is looking for! Silly to waste your time feeling guilty, it's non-productive and no message board will feel guilty they didn't do enough to keep you around, right? Your free time is valuable, you want to spend it some place where you feel comfortable, have friends, and can laugh...bottom line. If that entertainment source becomes too serious, then it's no longer entertainment, but a ball and chain. So Sky and Sneakers ---- feel no guilt! You can still visit any other board you would like to at any time and just to say "Hi" without any large commitment at any time you would like or not. :D I just know that I personally am glad you are both here spending time with all of us.

Az Snake
09-03-2007, 10:17 AM
Are you disloyal if you watch more than one TV channel ?

A traitor if you read several newspapers ?

Is it treason to visit other web sites ?

Maybe in some countries.

In fact I think there is a political term for it.

However the term is not associated with democracy and freedom.

Your concept of guilt and the idea of betrayal to a mother land is indeed "silly".

I will be a Bronco fan regardless if I am visiting the Mane, BroncosCountry, here or anywhere else on the web I choose.

Yeah, you are "off your rocker" ! :laugh:

In the immortal words of that lady from Kansas:

No one cares where you post...its nice to have people here but this wasn't created to cause anyone any hard feelings.

Just have some fun with fellow football fans and relax and enjoy yourself !

That would be my advice.

az

anton...
09-03-2007, 10:22 AM
Are you disloyal if you watch more than one TV channel ?

A traitor if you read several newspapers ?

Is it treason to visit other web sites ?

Maybe in some countries.

mine for one...

:flame:
________
StunningNika (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/StunningNika/)

broncosfanscott
09-03-2007, 08:54 PM
Sneakers, I know you feel you have to give it your all. However, both sites are about the Broncos. I have posted more on here lately, yet I still go back to BM because I want to see what every Bronco fan has to say about things going on with the Broncos.

BroncoManiac_69
09-04-2007, 01:43 PM
This month marks my 4 year anniversary on Broncomania. I have spent alot of time there and will continue to do so.

As the loyalty, cheat on a friend type of feelings go, that is a two way street. They were unloyal to me by basically saying like it or leave. It also seems some of the mods over there have an ego issue or the interpretation of the rules can be flexible or different for each mod.

The changes to the board alone blind sided us like a slap on the head. No warning or opinions were allowed or asked for before the changes were made. Now Steve and the gang can do what they want obviously, but the fans should have had some say with what goes on IMO.

Dragging this all up yet again does not mean I am attempted to beat this horse to death again. :deadhorse: But to explain how I feel about the whole thing.

RBDynasty
09-07-2007, 02:33 PM

Edit: Someone might be saying to themselves "why not just post in both?" My answer would be that like my football team, I can only have 1 obsession....it wouldn't feel right to be to split up my time. I have to give it all...I don't know if this makes things more confusing?Yeah bud. I completely understand what you are saying. It's hard. I don't have a lot of time to post on multiple messageboards so it was a hard decision to come over but most of the good posters are now over here so that made it a ton easier. Still I will miss the authentic board.

Cleveland Rocks
09-07-2007, 06:19 PM

I was there for 3 years, was on close to 7 days a week. I am on several boards, 2 Browns-related boards (one regularly) and this board. Let's just say, I don't miss B-mania.