PDA

View Full Version : Can that ESPN Article be taken seriously?

ogplife
10-07-2010, 06:35 PM
Im not super savvy on the computer with posting links etc, hopefully somebody will post it for me. ESPN created a list of top ten pass rushers (currently on the NFL page) and don't list Dumerveil in the top ten (honorable mention). Are the doing this because he is injured or they somehow feel he is not a top ten pass rusher? I can see him not being a top ten overall linebacker with his struggles against the run (although there are not as many "complete" linebackers as people may think), but he is definitely in the top 5 for rushing passers, if not top three.

CrazyHorse
10-07-2010, 06:47 PM
It's got to be because he's injured. There can't be any other way.

gobroncsnv
10-07-2010, 07:38 PM
He's a Bronco

CrazyHorse
10-07-2010, 07:46 PM
Here's the link.
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/29281/scouts-inc-ranking-the-top-pass-rushers

Ravage!!!
10-07-2010, 07:47 PM
I think the fact that he's not playing football right now, hurts him. The names on the list are all good, and certainly deserve to be there and the argument could be made. But since Doom's not playing right now, that absolutely goes into play.

EMB6903
10-07-2010, 07:53 PM
No way should Hali, Matthews, or Mathis be ranked ahead of Dumervil.

Nomad
10-07-2010, 08:22 PM
I think the fact that he's not playing football right now, hurts him. The names on the list are all good, and certainly deserve to be there and the argument could be made. But since Doom's not playing right now, that absolutely goes into play.

Yeah, nothing to get wound up over especially since the guy hasn't played a down yet this season!

KCL
10-07-2010, 08:28 PM
No way should Hali, Matthews, or Mathis be ranked ahead of Dumervil.

How can that not be so if he isn't even on this list? :confused:

Yes I'd say the article can be taken seriously.

#9 Tamba Hali, LB, Chiefs: Hali doesn’t get the credit he deserves or the accolades of the others on this list. In fact, Kansas City has really struggled to get after opposing quarterbacks over the last few years. But don’t blame Hali. He has recently blossomed into a great 3-4 outside linebacker after spending time as a defensive end in Herm Edwards’ Cover 2 scheme. The Chiefs are starting to get some recognition. Go out of your way to watch Hali. You will not be disappointed.

EMB6903
10-07-2010, 09:23 PM
How can that not be so if he isn't even on this list? :confused:

Yes I'd say the article can be taken seriously.

I'd say Hali is probably the better overall player as he isnt a liabilty in a certain area....but when it comes to rushing the QB its not close Dumervil is as good as they get at getting to the QB and much better then Hali.

KCL
10-07-2010, 09:29 PM
I'd say Hali is probably the better overall player as he isnt a liabilty in a certain area....but when it comes to rushing the QB its not close Dumervil is as good as they get at getting to the QB and much better then Hali.

Read the piece on Hali that was printed.I think he's going to have a good year this season.He reminds me of DT.I think when all is said and done he will
hopefully have a career like DT did.

Lonestar
10-07-2010, 09:49 PM
Read the piece on Hali that was printed.I think he's going to have a good year this season.He reminds me of DT.I think when all is said and done he will

better Explain who DT was. for most here were not born when he was playing.

KCL
10-07-2010, 10:03 PM
better Explain who DT was. for most here were not born when he was playing.

That may be true I guess...he's been gone for over 10 years.

WARHORSE
10-07-2010, 10:46 PM
Cant hurry, nor sack a QB while on IR.

Just my thought.

BCJ
10-08-2010, 03:34 AM
Putting Hali up there is premature and to have him in the top 10 with Doom on the outside looking in is wrong. He MIGHT be good, but this list is what have they already done. Good player? Yes, but not worthy of that high of a ranking as of right now. Let us see what he can do as a Linebacker over the course of the season.

Dirk
10-08-2010, 06:41 AM

I didn't know Donald Trump played for the Chiefs....hell I didn't even know he played football. ;)

Shazam!
10-08-2010, 09:05 AM
He's hurt, that's why it's obvious.

ESPN ******* blows. I cant even stomach them anymore. I watch more ESPN News fpr scores/interviews and such but I cant bother with their normal programming.

gobroncsnv
10-08-2010, 07:09 PM
so did the list talk about the top ten currently in the NFL, or the top ten playing this season. If it's about people in the league, it's difficult to imagine why they would leave last year's leader off the list. And since it shows Doom as only an honorable mention, this article should be torn from their magazine and placed in the restroom to serve a purpose that doesn't only include reading.

KCL
10-08-2010, 09:21 PM
so did the list talk about the top ten currently in the NFL, or the top ten playing this season. If it's about people in the league, it's difficult to imagine why they would leave last year's leader off the list. And since it shows Doom as only an honorable mention, this article should be torn from their magazine and placed in the restroom to serve a purpose that doesn't only include reading.

Why is that? Just because Doom isn't listed in the top 10...go back and read what Ravage said.He said it best IMO.

gobroncsnv
10-08-2010, 10:17 PM
Was just kind of hoping I'd be allowed to express my disagreement. If he's on the list at all (honorable mention), and led the league in sacks last year, with the added handicap of no complimentary rusher like Freeney gets in Mathis... wow, that's ignoring a lot of facts in order to compile a list. If it's just based on who's playing this year, it's kind of stupid to make such a list after 4 games. But again, those are my opinions... others are free to disagree.

KCL
10-08-2010, 10:27 PM
Was just kind of hoping I'd be allowed to express my disagreement. If he's on the list at all (honorable mention), and led the league in sacks last year, with the added handicap of no complimentary rusher like Freeney gets in Mathis... wow, that's ignoring a lot of facts in order to compile a list. If it's just based on who's playing this year, it's kind of stupid to make such a list after 4 games. But again, those are my opinions... others are free to disagree.

:lol: I think you're being allowed to express your opinions...just like everyone else. ;) Doom I believe didn't make the list because he hasn't been playing this season just like others have stated.These guys will probably review the players and make a list later on in the season.

Scouts Inc. watches games, breaks down film and studies football from all angles for ESPN.com. (This is stated on the site.)

rcsodak
10-10-2010, 09:16 AM
[/FONT]

Why is that? Just because Doom isn't listed in the top 10...go back and read what Ravage said.He said it best IMO.
But you're both from mizzou, though, so........ :coffee:

:couch:
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

KCL
10-10-2010, 09:51 AM
But you're both from mizzou, though, so........ :coffee:

:couch:
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

So that means we're both smarter than YOU!

horsepig
10-10-2010, 05:47 PM
I didn't know Donald Trump played for the Chiefs....hell I didn't even know he played football. ;)

It does kind of look like he's wearing a helmet.

KCL
10-10-2010, 06:31 PM
After the game today...Hali most certainly does deserve to be on the list.