PDA

View Full Version : Broncos RB Moreno returns to practice

T.K.O.
10-07-2010, 05:23 PM
Broncos RB Moreno returns to practice
The Denver Post
Posted: 10/07/2010 01:00:00 AM MDT

Former Broncos running back Floyd Little, right, now a Pro Football Hall of Fame member, gets to visit the White House press briefing room with vice president Joe Biden on Wednesday. The two Syracuse alums are longtime friends. ( Charles Dharapak, The Associated Press )Never fear, Broncos running game. Help, or some semblance of it, appears to be on the way.

Starting running back Knowshon Moreno practiced Wednesday for the first time since injuring his hamstring Sept. 23. Moreno missed the past two games, when the Broncos rushed for a total of only 66 yards — including 22 from quarterback Kyle Orton.

Moreno was limited in practice but took the first repetitions in individual drills in the early portion of practice that is open to the media.

There is no guarantee, of course, that Moreno's return — should he be cleared to play Sunday at Baltimore — would rescue the Denver running game. Moreno had 111 yards on 39 carries — an average of 2.8 yards per carry — in the Broncos' two games before his injury.

But coach Josh McDaniels said Wednesday his 2-2 team remains committed to revving the running game.

"I think you can play some games and kind of lean more toward the passing game than the running game, but I think over the long haul if you play a season like that you're going to ask for trouble down the road," he said. "You're going to get your quarterback killed, and you are certainly going to get played differently."

Bannan back in Baltimore.

Defensive end Justin Bannan will start for the Broncos at Baltimore. He was a key rotational player for the Ravens the past four seasons.

Bannan said there are no hard feelings toward the Ravens and that he left on good terms to sign as a free agent with Denver, where he had the chance to be a full- time starter.

"It's no personal grudge match," Bannan said. "It'd be kind of hard to go back there and say, 'I'm going to go get revenge' to guys that have always been good to you, and a place where you've had good experiences."

Baltimore coach John Harbaugh said Wednesday his 3-1 team misses Bannan, but that he understood why Bannan chose to leave the Ravens.

"We love
him," Harbaugh said. "He was a huge part of what we were doing here. We were very disappointed to lose him."

Praise for Vickerson.

Kevin Vickerson might be the most unknown player on Denver's defense, understandable because he joined the team in early September. But he has earned Harbaugh's respect.

Harbaugh said he was impressed with what he saw of Vickerson on tape during Denver's 26-20 win at Tennessee. It was Vickerson's first start.

"He reminds me of some of those Steelers defensive ends you see, so big and physical, great hands," Harbaugh said.

Footnotes.

Cornerback Andre Goodman (quadriceps) and linebacker and special-teams captain Wesley Woodyard (hamstring) also returned to practice. Their participation was limited. . . . The only players held out of practice were cornerback Champ Bailey (not injury related) and fullback Spencer Larsen (ankle).

Lindsay H. Jones, The Denver Post

Read more: Broncos RB Moreno returns to practice - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16273215?obref=obinsite#ixzz11iLhAkcV

Jagsbch
10-07-2010, 05:38 PM
Praise for Vickerson.

Kevin Vickerson might be the most unknown player on Denver's defense, understandable because he joined the team in early September. But he has earned Harbaugh's respect.

Harbaugh said he was impressed with what he saw of Vickerson on tape during Denver's 26-20 win at Tennessee. It was Vickerson's first start.

"He reminds me of some of those Steelers defensive ends you see, so big and physical, great hands," Harbaugh said.

:elefant:

honz
10-07-2010, 06:05 PM
Moreno > Tebow.

EMB6903
10-07-2010, 06:09 PM
Moreno > Tebow.

Back in May I loved the Tebow sarcasm....

But now?

talk about played out!

jhildebrand
10-07-2010, 06:11 PM
Sadly, I ACTUALLY am looking forward to 2.7 YPC. That would be huge at this point :lol:

It will be a good test to see where Moreno stacks against Hillis playing the same Ravens D only 2 weeks later.

TimTebow15MVP
10-07-2010, 06:30 PM
aslong as the broncos win i dont give two shits how moreno stacks up against peyton hillis.

broncophan
10-08-2010, 05:53 AM
Moreno misses practice Thursday....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5660923

The Denver Broncos' substandard running game may be short-handed for the third straight week Sunday.

AFC West blog
ESPN.com's Bill Williamson writes about all things AFC West in his division blog.

• Blog network: NFL Nation

After returning to practice Wednesday, injured running back Knowshon Moreno missed practice on Thursday.

"We're trying to make sure we make a smart decision on when he's ready, when he's not," Broncos coach Josh McDaniels told the Denver Post before practice Thursday. "Unfortunately, we can't have him out there every day at this point until he's totally healthy."

Moreno injured his hamstring in a practice on Sept. 23 and has not played since Week 2.

If Moreno is unable to go against Baltimore on Sunday, Correll Buckhalter and Laurence Maroney will likely split the carries in Denver's last-ranked rushing attack.

In two games this year, Moreno has rushed for 111 yards and two touchdow

CHARLIEADAMSFAN
10-08-2010, 06:16 AM
Well our running game needs any help it can get

Nomad
10-08-2010, 06:46 AM
Back in May I loved the Tebow sarcasm....

But now?

talk about played out!

Meh......it's honz M.O. around here to be the sarcasm king and he does a fine job at it!! Lighten up and go with it....laugh a little, it's healthy!!

Shazam!
10-08-2010, 09:08 AM
Denver needs any body they can get back there to try and jumpstart the ground game. I hope he can go.

Im calling Josh. I can be Denver's next Back, the cheapest one they'll ever have.

T.K.O.
10-08-2010, 09:56 AM
i'm having a brain fart....did we release lendale white ?for some reason i thought he would be eligible week 5:confused:

camdisco24
10-08-2010, 10:22 AM
i'm having a brain fart....did we release lendale white ?for some reason i thought he would be eligible week 5:confused:

Out for the season for injury.... sadly.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
10-08-2010, 10:52 AM
We need Moreno back ASAP. Hopefully he's good to go on Sunday.

D1g1tal j1m
10-08-2010, 10:59 AM
Moreno and Larson are ruled out of Sunday's game.
Looking forward to another 50 passes by Orton....

dogfish
10-08-2010, 11:11 AM
Moreno > Tebow.

jagsguy > honz

:heh:

jhildebrand
10-08-2010, 11:20 AM

Out for the season for injury.... sadly.

Yep! McDaniels felt game 4 of the preseason was so important and that an extra 30 minutes of playing time would get him in shape for the season.

Northman
10-08-2010, 11:23 AM
aslong as the broncos win i dont give two shits how moreno stacks up against peyton hillis.

Thank you capt. obvious.

slim
10-08-2010, 11:26 AM
Yep! McDaniels felt game 4 of the preseason was so important and that an extra 30 minutes of playing time would get him in shape for the season.

Good point. They probably should have just forfeited the game.

jhildebrand
10-08-2010, 11:30 AM
Good point. They probably should have just forfeited the game.

Right. I forgot that they ran the legs off of Lance Ball and his services were no longer available to us :rolleyes:

honz
10-08-2010, 12:01 PM
jagsguy > honz

:heh:

:pout:

T.K.O.
10-08-2010, 12:02 PM
if the run game does,nt get something going this week i would say it's time to bring lance up from the PS and give him and brown some serious playing time:salute:

jhildebrand
10-08-2010, 12:03 PM
if the run game does,nt get something going this week i would say it's time to bring lance up from the PS and give him and brown some serious playing time:salute:

I wouldn't mind seeing it as early as this Sunday. I don't see how it can hurt. You have two young guys who are not banged up and will most certainly want to prove something.