PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Vickerson makes for an Impenatrable 2 Gap Defensive Line~!!

Jagsbch
10-06-2010, 03:37 PM
Seeing Chris Johnson held to less than 55 yards and his attempt to avoid the interior of the line come to naught with Brian Dawkins on the scene to force the turnover, being the former AFC South die hard seeing these three smash together like a gilatine play after play had me in awe.

This has me thinking, now that Andre Goodman is returning to the secondary, the holes in it will be shored up to the point where the emphasis of the 3-4 can be on a pass rush, rather than shoring up the seconday in his his absence.

With Joe Flacco on the radar this defense could break out this weekend.

Ravens lead the league in with -7 in the turn over ratio against their opponents, Broncos are on the positive side of the spectrum in this catagory.

Flacco has 6 INT's so far in the first 4 games, with only 5 TD's to match; of which 3 where gained against the Cleveland Browns.:D

With Ray Rice coming back with a banged up knee, and the D-line holding their own at the piont of attack, there is no reason why Flacco and one of the hottest rated teams, the Ravens, are ripe for the dismanteling.

Don't you just hate an overrated team?

Ravens are just that, they have built their No.1 passing defense on the 30th ranked passing offense whne you take into consideration what each of the passing offenses ranked last season. Steelers of course we had to take this seasons ranking considering Big Ben was not there.

Here Now are the Ravens all excited about the big win without Big Ben, despite the fact they had to come back with just 32 seconds on the clock to do it, with the Steelers 4th string QB holding down the helm.

Ravens strength make no mistake about, is the rushing defense, yet they allowed Peyton Hillis to break out on them, not to mention Rashard Mendenhall to jack them for 2 TD's last week.

If a RB who only had one 100 yard game prior to breaking out against the Ravens, well isn't it time for this Rushing offense to break out on them and set a trend exposing this overrated team for who they are?>

Here it is week 5, our offensive line is just starting to develope continuity, with the two new players making their starting debuts this season. There is a lot of pent up potential just looking to explode on an opponent in order to get this highly talented RB pool unleashed on this league, I am starting to believe that this is the game that this happens.

Ravens special teams has serious issues to contend with too, and with so many new players on this team, it is just a matter of time before continuity developes with this unit as well, what a better time for this unit to break out than this, and how much of a momentum would win give this upstart team when heading to one of the toughest opponents in the league?

Broncos can overcome this hurdle, this mountain that stands before it as it is about to go through to fire to see what it is made of. Our team could not have picked a better time to get healthy, and after beating a tough Titans, well as far as I am concerned that just wet our appetite for more of the same in the next two games.

Ravens have just experienced a brutally physical game in one of the most heated rivalries in football, the repercussions of such victories especially with a seemingly mediocre 2-2 team that lacks a rushing attack on the near horizon, the same team that has been stuck in a losing rut ever since the last meeting between the two teams, that decimated the Broncos winning streak and best tackle tandem in the league.

Ravens are still hungover after their high of being on top while running around with their chins held high. Broncos on the other hand are being virtually ignored as a contender, this despite the fact that this team not only considers itself a play-off contender but a team on the verge of breaking out to being anything but the over hyped sensation the Ravens happen to be.

With New England on the horizon directly after week 5 for the Ravens, this could be a trap from hell for them, a trap that forces their fan base to be transformed into cannibles as they will surely be forced to eat Crow when it is all said and done.

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/getty/2010/09000d5d81b05372_gallery_600.jpg

Jagsbch
10-06-2010, 03:44 PM
Oh did I forgot to mention that Kyle Orton managed to scored 2 TD's on a Titan team that only allowed 1 passing TD in all of the 3 games prior to the Broncos facing them?:elefant::beer::elefant:

underrated29
10-06-2010, 03:47 PM
not half bad....And its not about tebow.

Maybe there is still hope.

Jagsbch
10-06-2010, 04:01 PM
http://www.fluxfaze.com/sitefiles/image/fluxfaze_art_RavenInFierySky.jpg
:elefant: The curse of the Ravens that had this franchise's horizon enshrouded :elefant:
:elefant: From the dawn of a winning destiny, is about to be lifted~!! :elefant:
:elefant:A new era of dynasty shall be ushered in and how...:elefant:

NightTrainLayne
10-06-2010, 04:02 PM
Nice post Jags.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-06-2010, 04:03 PM
Oh did I forgot to mention that Kyle Orton scored 2 TD's on a Titan team that only allowed 1 passing TD in all of the 3 games prior to the Broncos facing them?:elefant::beer::elefant:

Above corrected for accuracy

Good post in your initial post.

WARHORSE
10-06-2010, 04:05 PM
Sounds great, and is a possibility.

I think it would be beneficial, like any game, to score first.

I like our chances and love the way our defense is playing.

WARHORSE
10-06-2010, 04:11 PM
Oh, and concerning Vickerson and the Dline.......

Any time you hold a 2000 yard runningback and a mobile QB like Vince to squat, you did something worth mentioning.

My hope is that we can see a repeat of that this week, cause if we can shut down the Ravens run game, they are predictable.

They run harder than the Titans do, so lets see how we hold up.

If we keep them under 100 yards, I am going to go in the back yard and pee bugs and lizards off the back wall if I can catch em.

I cant wait to be out of myself.:coffee:

Jagsbch
10-06-2010, 04:19 PM
Josh McDaniels is about to stretch the might of both his offensive as well as defensive wizardry this weekend. I am looking forward to seeing his critics such as Pete Prisco who refer to him as Boy-Coach get a mouth ful of crow this weekend as well.

Broncos will be serving it up I can smell it cooking already, it ought to be nice and tender by then, so tender they'll think it tastes chicken!:D

LTC Pain
10-06-2010, 04:45 PM
I hope Coach McDaniels continues playing Vickerson and Thomas :)

Jagsbch
10-06-2010, 08:01 PM
I about got sick when I heard this.

On NFL Networks Gamebook tomorrow they are doing a segment on how the Ravens offense can break out on the Broncos this weekend. I was like WHAT? WHO IN THE HELL IS BREAKING OUT ON WHO? MOTHER....:D:D

Be sure to watch out for it, I will. I mean I am sure they are going to be playing their Cox card as if he is going to be starting this weekend...

SR
10-07-2010, 02:21 AM
WTF is a gilatine?

It's guillotine...not gilatine. Jesus.

And sorry, I skipped out on the rest of the post after I saw that.