PDA

View Full Version : Who Wins? Jaguars or Broncos? Prediction thread

RunYouOver
09-17-2007, 08:25 PM
Congrats to broncosinindy, who was the only one to successfully predict a 1-4 point win for us. He's the only one to get every game right so far.

Week 2 Correct Picks: Broncosinindy

Week 1 Correct Picks: broncosinindy, dogfish, Nomad B, Slick7

Make your predictions for the Denver-Jacksonville game here.

Slick
09-17-2007, 09:15 PM
I missed the week 2 thread, although I wouldn't have picked it right. I'd have been greedy due the the Fader factor. These are fun RYO. Thanks for keeping track.:salute:

topscribe
09-17-2007, 09:53 PM
Broncos 20-10.

-----

broncosinindy
09-17-2007, 09:56 PM
Congrats to broncosinindy, who was the only one to successfully predict a 1-4 point win for us. He's the only one to get every game right so far.

Week 2 Correct Picks: Broncosinindy

Week 1 Correct Picks: broncosinindy, dogfish, Nomad B, Slick7

Make your predictions for the Denver-Jacksonville game here.Dang I'm good LOL:P

I'm Gonna go ahead and say this is gonna be another Squeeker. Jauguars 10- Broncos 17

TXBRONC
09-17-2007, 10:03 PM
Dang I'm good LOL:P

I'm Gonna go ahead and say this is gonna be another Squeeker. Jauguars 10- Broncos 17

Would you like a sling for that arm your going throw out from patting yourself on the back. :D

broncosinindy
09-17-2007, 10:06 PM
Would you like a sling for that arm your going throw out from patting yourself on the back. :D

LOL yeah man i think i need to go to the hospital now. But you cannot Deny i am god like. Come on just admit it bronco brother

Medford Bronco
09-17-2007, 11:46 PM
This game scares me as Maurice Jones-Drew could go off.

I predict the Broncos squeak one out at 16-13.
Another heart attack game :ahhhhh:

Requiem / The Dagda
09-17-2007, 11:59 PM
If our run defense plays as poorly as it has so far, Jones-Drew is going to have a hay day. I expect the Broncos to win this game, but I think that Jacksonville will be a big test for us, especially our offense.

sneakers
09-18-2007, 12:02 AM
Broncos 17-16. Elam kicks game winning field goal.

topscribe
09-18-2007, 12:42 AM
:lol: They made a believer out of you, didn't they?

-----

The Horses Mouth
09-18-2007, 12:45 AM
high scoring game. 37 to 31.

sneakers
09-18-2007, 12:49 AM
:lol: They made a believer out of you, didn't they?

-----

Until they prove me wrong, that's how every game will end this year (with <600 yards of total offense of course).

broncosfanscott
09-18-2007, 01:58 AM
LOL yeah man i think i need to go to the hospital now. But you cannot Deny i am god like. Come on just admit it bronco brother

2 for 2......just like Elam on GW FGs! :salute:

I stick with a close one and say Denver 21 Jacksonville 13.

TXBRONC
09-18-2007, 10:50 AM
24-20 Denver.

underrated29
09-18-2007, 11:10 AM
well the jags always play us really tough. but i think we will start to set off a couple of our fireworks, and win by...crap i forgot what i voted for... 10-13.

no heart attacks this week.

anton...
09-18-2007, 11:15 AM
like i do every week by being consumed by absolute homerism i vote we win by 14+ points...

its blinding here...

*puts on cool shades*

:cool:

thats better...
________
MEDICAL MARIJUANA CARD (http://medicalmarijuanacard.info)

Nomad
09-18-2007, 05:14 PM

This is the final score I chose in BM! Another tough game and I have this game as a lose in my season predictions, this game could go either way, but I'll backtrack and give Denver the benefit of the doubt. BRONCOS makes a touchdown in the final minutes.

BRONCOS 17
Jags 16

Lonestar
09-18-2007, 09:20 PM
Broncos 17 JAX 14

another last second FG by Jason.

I had this one down as a loss earlier in the season, still may be unless we are able to break the red zone pox we seem to have.

I do not think we are gonna be able to run on them and Jay will be busy all day running for his life.

Broncos Mtnman
09-18-2007, 09:38 PM
It all clicks for us this Sunday...

Broncos over Jags....

30-17

TXBRONC
09-18-2007, 09:51 PM
It all clicks for us this Sunday...

Broncos over Jags....

30-17

I like the bravado but the Jags still have very good defense I think it will be closer than that.

Broncos Mtnman
09-18-2007, 09:57 PM
I like the bravado but the Jags still have very good defense I think it will be closer than that.

They haven't played the #1 offense in the league yet.

:first:

Lonestar
09-18-2007, 10:00 PM
They haven't played the #1 offense in the league yet.

:first:

For that matter we have not played a great :defense: yet either.
JAX may not be an offensive great team but the Run defense as well as Pass rush could be our undoing.

TXBRONC
09-18-2007, 10:09 PM
JAX may not be an offensive great team but the Run defense as well as Pass rush could be our undoing.

I think it will be a close game but also confident that Denver can win this game.

Az Snake
09-18-2007, 10:10 PM
Marshall, Stokley, Walker, 1 TD each.
Special teams step up. Good field position this week.
Champ's INT scores.
Travis scores.

Denver 35, Jags 10

Pre-season is officially over this week.
This will be a statement game.

broncosinindy
09-18-2007, 10:14 PM
One thing i will take into account is that. jacksonville has played WOEFUL agasitn teh two worst teams in the NFL. yes so have the broncos. but at home. i dont know i am just having a feeling were gonna win by a touch

Broncos Mtnman
09-18-2007, 10:58 PM

Not to start a fight, but the Jags defense is last in the league after two games, giving up an average of 182 yards/game in rushing.

They are #2 against the pass.

I repeat....

It all comes together for us this week.

I predict a 300 yard performance from Jay, 130 yards from Henry, and another 100 yard performance from Walker.

Our defense will continue it's dominance against the pass, and will show improvement against the run.

I say we give up less than 275 total yards to the Jags, with most of that being gained on the ground.

You heard it here first.

:rockon:

Lonestar
09-19-2007, 12:53 AM
Not to start a fight, but the Jags defense is last in the league after two games, giving up an average of 182 yards/game in rushing.

They are #2 against the pass.

I repeat....

It all comes together for us this week.

I predict a 300 yard performance from Jay, 130 yards from Henry, and another 100 yard performance from Walker.

Our defense will continue it's dominance against the pass, and will show improvement against the run.

I say we give up less than 275 total yards to the Jags, with most of that being gained on the ground.

You heard it here first.

:rockon:

And we will probably get 300 or so yards but none of which will be while we are in the red zone.

There poor rating was because of weak pardon the pun ONE playing TEN who has a couple of pretty good RB's Chris brown and Lendale white.

I suspect that was more of a aberration than something to be worried about for JAX.

I hope we start paying well in the red zone and can stop their running game.
Time will tell.

TXBRONC
09-19-2007, 06:42 AM
And we will probably get 300 or so yards but none of which will be while we are in the red zone.

There poor rating was because of weak pardon the pun ONE playing TEN who has a couple of pretty good RB's Chris brown and Lendale white.

I suspect that was more of a aberration than something to be worried about for JAX.

I hope we start paying well in the red zone and can stop their running game.
Time will tell.

The Broncos are getting into the red zone. What has happen is mistakes are being made when were in red zone. Case in point, Brandon Marshall scored a td (I'm pretty sure it was in the red zone) but it nullified by offensive pass interference from Marshall.

Lonestar
09-19-2007, 12:38 PM
The Broncos are getting into the red zone. What has happen is mistakes are being made when were in red zone. Case in point, Brandon Marshall scored a TD (I'm pretty sure it was in the red zone) but it nullified by offensive pass interference from Marshall.

I think it was close enough that I'd call it that if it was not.

BUT the real problem is the run in the RZ almost all of the TD have come from passing near or in the RZ.

I will believe until proven otherwise that we just do not have the beef to move the chains once inside the RZ there is so much less space that needs to be defended that the defenses can really crowd the LOS. Once inside the 5 it just get harder to pound it in with the finesse running attack that mikey has designed.

Watchthemiddle
09-19-2007, 01:36 PM
Well I was wrong in week one thinking 5-9, and then a blowout week 2, so I will keep it low this week since thats the trend we seem to want to play.

1-4

broncos9697
09-19-2007, 03:24 PM
broncos 34-16

BANJOPICKER1
09-19-2007, 10:03 PM
I went with 14+,,we need a BIG win!!:D

omac
09-19-2007, 10:31 PM
I think it was close enough that I'd call it that if it was not.

BUT the real problem is the run in the RZ almost all of the TD have come from passing near or in the RZ.

I will believe until proven otherwise that we just do not have the beef to move the chains once inside the RZ there is so much less space that needs to be defended that the defenses can really crowd the LOS. Once inside the 5 it just get harder to pound it in with the finesse running attack that mikey has designed.

It could also be that with the Broncos run reputation, teams are more geared up towards stopping the run and are leaving more opportunities for the pass, and that's why we've been more successful now at passing yardage and passing touchdowns. When more teams respect our passing offense, that should open up the run even more, even in the red zone.

The other option is for Shanny to do what Kubes is doing in Houston, where they don't use zone blocking all the time. I read somewhere that they've been mixing it with "gap", which is supposedly what Green Bay was using. I'm not familiar with this term/scheme for rushing, though, if it's just the regular power rushing, man-blocking or whatever.

No matter, Sapp is supposed to be our bulldozer, and he's doing pretty okay. :beer:

Lonestar
09-19-2007, 10:56 PM
It could also be that with the Broncos run reputation, teams are more geared up towards stopping the run and are leaving more opportunities for the pass, and that's why we've been more successful now at passing yardage and passing touchdowns. When more teams respect our passing offense, that should open up the run even more, even in the red zone.

The other option is for Shanny to do what Kubes is doing in Houston, where they don't use zone blocking all the time. I read somewhere that they've been mixing it with "gap", which is supposedly what Green Bay was using. I'm not familiar with this term/scheme for rushing, though, if it's just the regular power rushing, man-blocking or whatever.

No matter, Sapp is supposed to be our bulldozer, and he's doing pretty okay. :beer:

While there is something to be said about one opening up the other and vice versa, the fact remains the our OLINE is way to small to power block when we have to down inside the 5 yards line with consistency.

That is the key being consistent at it will we get a couple from time to time of course but getting it like we used to with TD that is not going to happen with the OLINE we have as we speak.

Granted they may get better at it with becoming familiar with the guy next to him. But when they stack the LOS almost anywhere on the field and mostly in the Red Zone these guys will not get it donewith consistency.

omac
09-20-2007, 01:44 AM
While there is something to be said about one opening up the other and vice versa, the fact remains the our OLINE is way to small to power block when we have to down inside the 5 yards line with consistency.

That is the key being consistent at it will we get a couple from time to time of course but getting it like we used to with TD that is not going to happen with the OLINE we have as we speak.

Granted they may get better at it with becoming familiar with the guy next to him. But when they stack the LOS almost anywhere on the field and mostly in the Red Zone these guys will not get it donewith consistency.

I agree, but stacking the LOS is really meant to stop the run and is effective even against non zone-blocking teams. Also, more non zone-blocking teams are switching to a zone-blocking approach; I haven't really heard of a current team that's switched from a zone-blocking scheme to a non zone-blocking scheme. Kubiak has mixed some non zone-blocking to go with his zone-blocking. Anyway, that tells me that more and more teams are finding this way of rushing to be more effective.

Any approach will have it's strengths and weaknesses. While we couldn't pass as well before to take advantage of the opportunities of opponents stacking the LOS, we can now.

Retired_Member_001
09-20-2007, 04:24 AM
Broncos 20-13

Reidman
09-20-2007, 04:40 AM
I think Jags defense may stimy Cutler and the passing game so they should rely heavily on T-Henry this week.
Still going to be a close game though....Broncos 17-13.