PDA

View Full Version : If this forum is divided now, wait until.....

ogplife
10-05-2010, 06:49 PM
Orton coninues to play at or near this level. What would you do this offseason? Keep Orton and risk losing him for nothing, trade him preferably to a championship team for both his and our benefit or trade Tebow. Mcdaniels is guaranteed to be hated by exactly half of the bronco fans no matter how this plays out, not that this is not the case currently.

spikerman
10-05-2010, 06:52 PM
Orton coninues to play at or near this level. What would you do this offseason? Keep Orton and risk losing him for nothing, trade him preferably to a championship team for both his and our benefit or trade Tebow. Mcdaniels is guaranteed to be hated by exactly half of the bronco fans no matter how this plays out, not that this is not the case currently.

Do nothing right now. He's under contract for next year too! :D

Buff
10-05-2010, 06:53 PM

You're one season too early on that prediction. Orton will be next year's starter as well, that's why they signed him to an $8 million 1 year extension during camp... It's the following year where there will be a decision to make.

Nomad
10-05-2010, 06:57 PM
Let's just hope Orton stays healthy especially after these next few games!!!:eek: The heat will be on him and i hope our blockers do their jobs!!!

ogplife
10-05-2010, 07:04 PM
You're one season too early on that prediction. Orton will be next year's starter as well, that's why they signed him to an $8 million 1 year extension during camp... It's the following year where there will be a decision to make.

Its not one season early, if we keep him this offseason then he would be a free agent summer of 2012. There would be no decsion to make Kyle could go to the highest bidder or where he does not have to worry about a legion of fans that are attached to Tebow.

Buff
10-05-2010, 07:07 PM
Its not one season early, if we keep him this offseason then he would be a free agent summer of 2012. There would be no decsion to make Kyle could go to the highest bidder or where he does not have to worry about a legion of fans that are attached to Tebow.

We can slap the franchise player tag on him the following year. (Assuming the new CBA has some such tag).

Kyle isn't going anywhere this offseason.

Northman
10-05-2010, 07:08 PM

Depends.

The situation is sort of like the Rivers/Brees senario. Brees wasnt playing well and so SD drafted Rivers. But then that lit a fire under Brees and he played well but because of the money invested in Rivers the Chargers had to make a decision. Im not sure how much is invested in Tebow financially at this time but considering he was taken in the first round i just cant see Denver simply trading him away.

But, even if they do trade away Orton or Tebow i really dont see a divide coming up. Orton has played well and has pretty much silenced his critics including myself. While i think Tebow would have better accuracy there just isnt enough to go on and since Orton isnt in a hurry to let him show anything Tebow will have to sit it out. But, for the most part as far as the fanbase most fans seem to like both QB's so i just dont see there going to be a huge divide. Topscribe might have a meltdown but outside of that i think the fanbase will be fine.

OrangeHoof
10-05-2010, 09:19 PM
I look forward to the day when Tebow is the #1 quarterback because he's either going to make Josh look like a mad genius or he's going to get Josh fired and I look at that as a win-win. The last thing I want is a few more 8-8 seasons with everyone at each other's throats while Josh gets an extension.

By 2012, there should be no more excuses. He either wins with Tebow or we move on.

silkamilkamonico
10-05-2010, 09:41 PM
I look forward to the day when Tebow is the #1 quarterback because he's either going to make Josh look like a mad genius or he's going to get Josh fired and I look at that as a win-win. The last thing I want is a few more 8-8 seasons with everyone at each other's throats while Josh gets an extension.

By 2012, there should be no more excuses. He either wins with Tebow or we move on.

Josh is the last lifeline. If he fails, and it sure looks like that's a possibility, this organization slips into the depths of sorrow, along with the other NFL cellar dwellars. We've done nothing since 1998.

spikerman
10-05-2010, 09:44 PM
Josh is the last lifeline. If he fails, and it sure looks like that's a possibility, this organization slips into the depths of sorrow, along with the other NFL cellar dwellars. We've done nothing since 1998.

While the team hasn't had the success it had become used to, a lot of NFL franchises would gladly trade their success since '98 for the Broncos' success. I think Denver is looking at a long climb back to the upper tier, but I'm not sure they're quite in the cellar of the NFL yet (although it was looking close by the end of last year).

silkamilkamonico
10-05-2010, 09:50 PM
While the team hasn't had the success it had become used to, a lot of NFL franchises would gladly trade their success since '98 for the Broncos' success. I think Denver is looking at a long climb back to the upper tier, but I'm not sure they're quite in the cellar of the NFL yet (although it was looking close by the end of last year).

Stagnant. I could sure give a ---- about no hopes of SuperBowls as long as we don't 4-12. I would gladly give 2 4-12 seasons if it meant we actually fielded a SuperBowl worth team. Stagnant. Please do something.

spikerman
10-05-2010, 10:01 PM
Stagnant. I could sure give a ---- about no hopes of SuperBowls as long as we don't 4-12. I would gladly give 2 4-12 seasons if it meant we actually fielded a SuperBowl worth team. Stagnant. Please do something.

I'm with you. And while it's not good enough at least there was one AFC Championship Game in there. I agree though.. I would gladly trade one good season for a couple of bad ones if I knew better days were ahead.

DenBronx
10-05-2010, 10:08 PM
Tebow fans are going to have to start taking medication if Kyle continues to play lights out.

Fans that thought we shouldn't have drafted Tebow are also going to need to self medicate.

There's no hope...even if we win....we're in a crisis. It's the....Apocalypse...the end of the world is near.

Lonestar
10-05-2010, 10:08 PM

as it stands right now he is ours for at least 3 more years after tagging him for the last two if we need to keep him.

If we do not need him because either Quinn or Tebow step up to start then I do not see his loss as a biggie.

IMO Tebow will be our FQB when he is ready to play.

honz
10-05-2010, 10:13 PM
Don't forget about the strong Brady Quinn contingent as well.

sneakers
10-05-2010, 10:15 PM
http://www.hoofprints.com/images/horsepoop-card.jpg

DenBronx
10-05-2010, 10:19 PM
Don't forget about the strong Brady Quinn contingent as well.

Great....you just caused about 10 fans to go bridge jumping.

TimTebow15MVP
10-05-2010, 11:08 PM
lets face it while orton is the man. tebow brings alot more to the table talent wise. once tebow masters this offense it will look the same if not better. but thats when tebow is ready.

I predicted this before the season even started that orton would have a pro bowl year and then be traded for a first round pick. its a move we have to make. Orton will go on and be a good QB elsewhere and tebow will take the league by storm like mister rodgers in green bay after learning for a year or two. broncos are in a win win situation. were gonna get awesome compensation for orton. it will be in the best interest of orton and the broncos. we get a first. orton goes and gets paid big time cash and becomes the face of a franchise. tebow takes over as the face of the broncos franchise and we get a first round pick.

silkamilkamonico
10-05-2010, 11:11 PM
lets face it while orton is the man. tebow brings alot more to the table talent wise. once tebow masters this offense it will look the same if not better. but thats when tebow is ready.

I predicted this before the season even started that orton would have a pro bowl year and then be traded for a first round pick. its a move we have to make. Orton will go on and be a good QB elsewhere and tebow will take the league by storm like mister rodgers in green bay after learning for a year or two. broncos are in a win win situation. were gonna get awesome compensation for orton. it will be in the best interest of orton and the broncos. we get a first. orton goes and gets paid big time cash and becomes the face of a franchise. tebow takes over as the face of the broncos franchise and we get a first round pick.

Orton will never be traded for a first round pick, regardless of how well he plays. Not in this day and age. I also disagree completely with your argument about Tebow, but to each his own opinion with that one.

ogplife
10-06-2010, 07:34 AM

I don't think Tebow is guaranteed. I think there is a 50/50 chance he will make it in this league. I will say that if he does make it, he will be historically great. I don't see a comparison between Green Bay's situation. There could not be a major divide because at the time Favre was in his late 30's and talking retirement (crazy how long ago Favre was talking retirement), so the fan base understood Rogers time was inevitable. In comparison to San Diego, they had the same situation we had (although Rivers is not the celebrity of Tebow), but they were "saved" when Brees hurt his shoulder. Brees was known for a below average arm and most people, including myself thought there was no way he could bounce back from that. Turned out he must have had the NFL version of Tommy John Surgery, improved even more when he got to New Orleans and the rest is history. Rivers is a very good quarterback, who only lacks playoff wins for the "great" label. Win/Win for everybody. Our situation is completely unique of those two. If Orton continues to play at this level and Tebow shows good progress in practice and preseason, this will be an incredibly tough decision to make that I don't think anybody wants to make.

MileHighCrew
10-06-2010, 07:40 AM
Hopefully Orton will take us to a Super Bowl and then Tebow will have to wait no question al-la Kurt Warner