PDA

View Full Version : Going to BALTIMORE to WIN

WARHORSE
10-05-2010, 06:34 PM
Well, I already know that we're 7 pt underdogs going into Baltimore, but I believe we can beat them.

Their defense is good, but not scary. Haloti is their leading sack getter with 2.
They have 7 sacks total.

In three out of their four games, the opponent has outrushed them.

Anquan has actually lead the receiving most games.

Champ will be visiting with Anquan on sunday, no doubt.

Ray Rice is not 100%.
McGahee is not 100%.

Our run defense looked good this past week, and I think we will hold them down pretty well. As for Flaccos passing, I think he throws a good ball for interceptions. He seems to like to rainbow his passes, which imo is going to hurt him against our secondary.

Our run game will need to be there, but I dont see us having much problem passing on them.

They beat the Jets barely, lost to Cincy, beat the Browns barely, and then beat Pittsburg in the waning seconds in a very close game.

It will undoubtedly be a tough game, but I believe we can win....and I predict we will.

Broncos 31

Ravens 17

:salute::salute::salute:

Nomad
10-05-2010, 06:37 PM
BRONCOS 16
Ravens 13

BRONCOS get their first win in Baltimore against the Ravens, but it'll be a tough game!!!

BORDERLINE
10-05-2010, 06:45 PM
I hope you both are right we never have good luck againts the Ravens...McD has to deliver a great gameplan for us to have a chance... Let's go Broncos

Nomad
10-05-2010, 06:49 PM
I hope you both are right we never have good luck againts the Ravens...McD has to deliver a great gameplan for us to have a chance... Let's go Broncos

If I take my sons pheasant hunting, like I plan to do, I guarantee a win. BRONCOS 2-0 when I haven't watched!:lol:(superstitious) But it depends because I want to see this game!!

Northman
10-05-2010, 06:56 PM
Although i predicted us to win (i do it every week) the major key this week will be to keep the pressure off of Orton. If we can do that we can exploit their secondary. Defensively, we have to make them one dimensional and force Flacco to beat us through the air but he has been playing better since the Bengal game. Plus, and not least we dont play well in Bmore so we HAVE to take the fans out of the game early.

Ravage!!!
10-05-2010, 06:58 PM
The good news is that Baltimore is vulnerable against the run.

rcsodak
10-05-2010, 07:05 PM
No....only Hillis.

:couch:
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

jhildebrand
10-05-2010, 07:11 PM
We kept it close until the kick return for the TD last season. That seemed to break the game open again and concerns me for this week's game.

If the Broncos play like they did against the Titans and do not give up a ST TD, they can win this game. Flacco is hot and cold.

Northman
10-05-2010, 07:14 PM

If of course we could actually run the ball.

CrazyHorse
10-05-2010, 07:18 PM
I can't wait to see our recievers against their secondary.

WARHORSE
10-05-2010, 07:39 PM
Our offensive line is a mess, that was obvious looking at the Tennessee game.
But we know these guys can block, and its a matter of continuity.

Talk about some growing pains.

We know the problem is not Kuper, Clady or Harris. Walton and Daniels or Walton and Beadles whichever tandem we use, can get it done imo.

Its been sick watching it......but each game helps us all. These guys are smart individuals.

We really need to be able to score in the redzone early. I dont care if Lloyd and Gaff are the starters along with Eddie. I want to see Optimus Prime in the redzone fades, period.

I also would like to have a Tebow package ready as well.

I dont care what anyone says, including McD, if we give him a try and it works, then roll with it.

Buff
10-05-2010, 07:44 PM
I'll be Haloti Ngata is giving McD night sweats the way our rushing game has been going. Guy is a monster.

Day1BroncoFan
10-05-2010, 07:50 PM

The bad news is our run is vulnerable against almost anything. :sad:

OldschoolFreak
10-05-2010, 08:23 PM
I also would like to have a Tebow package ready as well.

I dont care what anyone says, including McD, if we give him a try and it works, then roll with it.
I totally agree. I like McD but sometimes get frustrated with his arrogant unwillingness to modify his stance. It's obvious to anyone not suffering from lack of blood to the brain from an overly raging Tebowner that Orton is our starter BUT why not take advantage of the fact that we have one of the unique weapons in the league on the goal line?

honz
10-05-2010, 08:39 PM
I would rather us win this game than lose, to be honest.

sneakers
10-05-2010, 09:07 PM
I like Broncos

BroncoWave
10-05-2010, 09:41 PM
I love lamp.

KCL
10-05-2010, 09:44 PM
I love the Chiefs...:D

honz
10-05-2010, 09:45 PM
I love Tebow.

KCL
10-05-2010, 09:46 PM
I love John Elway.

Lonestar
10-05-2010, 10:02 PM
I'll be Haloti Ngata is giving McD night sweats the way our rushing game has been going. Guy is a monster.

could have been ours also.
11 Jay Cutler QB Vanderbilt Denver Broncos
12 Haloti Ngata DT Oregon Baltimore Ravens

Lonestar
10-05-2010, 10:05 PM
This game scares me a lot it is:

an east coast game
an early time slot
against a great defense
against a great young Qb
against a team that has owned us for a long time.

I can only hope we get a win but I just do not see it this week.

broncophan
10-06-2010, 06:50 AM
man....back to back road wins would be HUGE for the Broncos......

MileHighCrew
10-06-2010, 07:04 AM
This is a win game for us. The D is playing great, Orton is off the charts and the secondary for the Ravens is the weak point of that D. I think we can manage 2 YPC. So I see a win.

HORSEPOWER 56
10-06-2010, 07:08 AM
If we could beat Tennessee at their place, we can beat Baltimore at theirs. Both teams are virtually identical with a tough defense and running game and offenses that typically don't put up a ton of points (not the score fast and get out to a big lead early Indy/NE type).

I believe we can hang with Baltimore this week provided we work on our protection schemes in the passing game a little. Tennessee's secondary is leaps and bounds better than Baltimore's and their D-lines are almost equal.

I have confidence we can win this game this week even without much running game. Don't mean it'll happen, but I think we have a shot.

MasterShake
10-06-2010, 07:29 AM
My friend is a Ravens fans and he is predicting a loss for his team. He notes the secondary as a concern, as well as the fact that they had such an emotional game against Pittsburgh last week.

This is a different Denver team headed to Baltimore this year. I predict a BIG win where the fourth quarter is boring because we are ahead by so much! :lol:

EastCoastBronco
10-06-2010, 08:51 AM
I think we will win this one.
As the big fella pointed out in the opening post, Baltimore hasn't played really well this year.
IMHO, a shitty PI penalty gave them the game against the Jets.
Cincy beat them.
Cleveland hung with them.
Pitt should have beaten them (still questioning why Lebeau went all prevent on the last drive)
Our biggest advantage (and don't underestimate this) is that Baltimore gets so jacked up for their games against Pitt that it takes them 2 weeks to recover emotionally...win or lose.
I'm betting we see the team that played Cleveland close and not the one that played Pitt.
We can beat that team...

Broncos 20
Ravens 17

Ravenite
10-07-2010, 02:59 PM
I see this thread has brought out the homers!

I'm not one to just talk crap for talking crap's sake... I like the Broncos, but this is not the week to come play baltimore. Here is why:

Our secondary was suppose to be the weak spot in the D. But in fact they are ranked #1 in the NFL in pass defense. And this is without Ed Reed! One of the main reasons being Ladarius Webb. He was injured for the second part of last year and is just now coming back. But the guy is playing lights out at corner. Also Washington is playing amazing on the other side. Orton will be there toughest test, but the way they are playing, Orton should be the one who is worried, not the Raven's secondary.

2. The Ravens have just won 3 out of 4 games, and 3 of those games were against tough opponents (Jets, Steelers) on the road. They haven't been running on all cylinders, BUT they are steadily improving and getting in sync in ALL areas. Its almost scarey. And as a Ravens fan I can say this team by far is the best team teh Ravens have fielded since 2000. And though that team had a better overall D, this team is probably overall better.

3. The Ravens are now starting to fire on all cylinders, this is a home game, and as of late the Ravens have the Broncos number. Its just a bad matchup for the Broncos. Just like the Colts are a bad matchup for the Ravens.

4. Ravens have a lot of offensive weapons that are finally gelling. THe problem now is spreading the love around to all the egos.

I like the Broncos. I really do. But the Broncos have no chance at all of winning this game.

That being said, I hope its a great game and not a blowout.

Ravens 42
Broncos 10

Northman
10-07-2010, 03:07 PM

I'm not one to just talk crap for talking crap's sake... I like the Broncos, but this is not the week to come play baltimore. Here is why:

Our secondary was suppose to be the weak spot in the D. But in fact they are ranked #1 in the NFL in pass defense. And this is without Ed Reed! One of the main reasons being Ladarius Webb. He was injured for the second part of last year and is just now coming back. But the guy is playing lights out at corner. Also Washington is playing amazing on the other side. Orton will be there toughest test, but the way they are playing, Orton should be the one who is worried, not the Raven's secondary.

2. The Ravens have just won 3 out of 4 games, and 3 of those games were against tough opponents on the road. They haven't been running on all cylinders, BUT they are steadily improving and getting in sync in ALL areas. Its almost scarey. And as a Ravens fan I can say this team by far is the best team teh Ravens have fielded since 2000. And though that team had a better overall D, this team is probably overall better.

3. The Ravens are now starting to fire on all cylinders, this is a home game, and as of late the Ravens have the Broncos number. Its just a bad matchup for the Broncos. Just like the Colts are a bad matchup for the Ravens.

4. Ravens have a lot of offensive weapons that are finally gelling. THe problem now is spreading the love around to all the egos.

I like the Broncos. I really do. But the Broncos have no chance at all of winning this game.

Living in Bmore myself i can say ive seen plenty of Ravens games including the travesty last year. But with that said.

New year, new outlook. Yes, you won last week vs a backup QB and not Ben.

This game is going to come down to whether or not the Ravens Dline can get to Orton. If not, Kyle WILL exploit that very weak secondary of the Ravens. Yes, your ranked #1 in pass defense but thats because of your Dline. The other question for Denver will be can we improve in the redzone. Ravens are a very good goalline team so it is a must for us to get it into the endzone. Denver also has too run the ball to have balance and in return stop Bmore from running it. So far this season Denver has had success doing that but we normally dont play well in Bmore.

slim
10-07-2010, 03:07 PM

2. The Ravens have just won 3 out of 4 games, and 3 of those games were against tough opponents on the road. They haven't been running on all cylinders, BUT they are steadily improving and getting in sync in ALL areas. Its almost scarey. And as a Ravens fan I can say this team by far is the best team teh Ravens have fielded since 2000. And though that team had a better overall D, this team is probably overall better.

You are right. They have no chance.

I have notified Pat Bowlen to cancel the team flight and forfeit the game.

T.K.O.
10-07-2010, 03:08 PM
I hope its a great game and not a blowout.

dont worry kyle will take it easy on the ratbirds in the 4th quarter
broncos 38
ravens 24

Ravenite
10-07-2010, 03:13 PM
Living in Bmore myself i can say ive seen plenty of Ravens games including the travesty last year. But with that said.

How was last year a travesty when we went 2 games deep into the playoffs?

New year, new outlook. Yes, you won last week vs a backup QB and not Ben.

Yes we won, they didn't have Ben, we didn't have Ed Reed, a hall of famer, and probably one of the best safetys ever to play the game. Plus we beat them at home while we were playing like crap!

This game is going to come down to whether or not the Ravens Dline can get to Orton. If not, Kyle WILL exploit that very weak secondary of the Ravens. Yes, your ranked #1 in pass defense but thats because of your Dline.

This is total and utter BUNK. You can't say they are weak when they are rated number 1. And it has everything to do with Webb and Washington playing stellar! Its not the D line, if the Ravens have any weakness, its the pass rush. So you know not of what you type :confused:

Take off the blue and orange tinted glasses.

Ravage!!!
10-07-2010, 03:18 PM
Really? you think beating the steelers (barely) when they have Charlie Batch as their QB is the same as you guys not having Ed Reed? Honestly, thats pretty blatantly homerish. Perhaps you should take off your purple, ugly crow, glasses off.

If your pass rush is your weakness, then when a team like ours throws the ball, we WILL exploit your CBs. I hope Foxworth is still playing for you guys :lol:

Mike
10-07-2010, 03:19 PM

Yes we won, they didn't have Ben, we didn't have Ed Reed, a hall of famer, and probably one of the best safetys ever to play the game. Plus we beat them at home while we were playing like crap!

This is total and utter BUNK. You can't say they are weak when they are rated number 1. And it has everything to do with Webb and Washington playing stellar! Its not the D line, if the Ravens have any weakness, its the pass rush. So you know not of what you type :confused:

Take off the blue and orange tinted glasses.

Want to name the QBs the Ravens have faced this year?

Northman
10-07-2010, 03:19 PM

Im talking about us getting our asses handed to us in Bmore.

Yes we won, they didn't have Ben, we didn't have Ed Reed, a hall of famer, and probably won of the best safety's ever to play the game. Plus we beat them at home while we were playing like crap!Lmao. Um ok. Yea, Reed "was" good back in the day. His great play ratio is about 50/50 right now when he isnt turning the ball back over after making a play.

You can't say they are weak when they are rated number 1.Yes i can. Ive seen them get exploited but again the advantage for Bmore is their Dline, always has been.

And it has everything to do with Webb and Washington playing stellar! Its not the D line, if the Ravens have any weakness, its the pass rush.I like Webb, he's underrated. Washington is average and gets burned plenty but the Ratbirds have to make due with what they can. If you think your pass rush is bad please send Ngata and Suggs to us. Since you think they suck. :rolleyes:

Take off the blue and orange tinted glasses.Nah, been a Bronco fan for over 25 years its not going to change just because you want it too. ;)

slim
10-07-2010, 03:22 PM
Want to name the QBs the Ravens have faced this year?

:laugh:

Sanchez
Palmer
Wallace
Batch

That is impressive.

Ravenite
10-07-2010, 03:23 PM
Somehow Kyle Orton's name seems to fit right in, on that list, lololol

Well I guess we will just have to wait til Sunday.

We can't choose who we play can we. And just so you know the Jets are one of the best teams in the NFL and Sanchez is playing well.

Anyway, while Kyle has had a couple of fluke games this year and you guys are getting excited. At the end of the day, its still KYLE ORTON lololol

He will get exposed for the QB he is, maybe Sunday. I still have memories of his Bears days, lol, and while even QBs like Kyle Boller can play over their heads for a few games, they never maintain that proficiency.

For you guys sake, I hope I'm wrong. But every time I see you guys getting charged up over Orton, it makes me chuckle.

Northman
10-07-2010, 03:24 PM

Sanchez
Palmer
Wallace
Batch

That is impressive.

Im guessing the Jets didnt play their best ball at the beginning of the year too.

Northman
10-07-2010, 03:24 PM

Anyway, while Kyle has had a couple of fluke games this year and you guys are getting excited. At the end of the day, its still KYLE ORTON lololol

He will get exposed for the QB he is, maybe Sunday. I still have memories of his Bears days, lol, and while even QBs like Kyle Boller can play over their heads for a few games, they never maintain that proficiency.

For you guys sake, I hope I'm wrong. But every time I see you guys getting charged up over Orton, it makes me chuckle.

It will pass. And get it right, its EXPLOSED.

slim
10-07-2010, 03:26 PM

We can't choose who we play can we. And just so you know the Jets are one of the best teams in the NFL and Sanchez is playing well.

That's okay. We laugh every time you tell us how good your secondary is.

Ravenite
10-07-2010, 03:30 PM
The question is. Can you really, honestly tell me that the Broncos are a better team than the Ravens? I would have to say, not by a long shot, but as they say, any given sunday.

slim
10-07-2010, 03:37 PM
The question is. Can you really, honestly tell me that the Broncos are a better team than the Ravens? I would have to say, not by a long shot, but as they say, any given sunday.

The answer is: yes.

Northman
10-07-2010, 03:42 PM

On paper no. But your correct, any given sunday any team can win.

Ravenite
10-07-2010, 03:42 PM
The answer is: yes.

That orange and blue coolaid must be spiked with something really strong!

Northman is the only non-homer here.

Lonestar
10-07-2010, 04:17 PM

YOU have a better front 7 on D as it stands now. Offensively I beleuve we are better or will be by seasons end.

On paper no. But your correct, any given sunday any team can win.

yepo

Sometimes I wonder :laugh::laugh::laugh:

BroncoNut
10-07-2010, 04:19 PM
all wins are good, but this would be a great win.

nevcraw
10-07-2010, 04:29 PM
got to get some run yards from somewhere.. we getting our FB back?

Hate the thought of Orton getting killed by Ray Ray so let's hope McD can rinkle in some solid protection in this one..

T.K.O.
10-07-2010, 04:33 PM

you must really get a laugh when you look at flacco then:laugh:
talk about inconsistant.
here are some #'s for you to ponder until sunday....and beyond

orton
1419 yds (#1 in the nfl)
67% comp (6th)
6tds to 3 ints
354.8 ypg avg (#1 in the nfl)
22 passing plays of 20 yds + (#2 in the nfl)
5 passing plays of 40 + (#1 in the nfl)
passer rating 96.3 (8th)

joe flacco
920 yds (15th)
57% comp (26th)
5 td's to 6 int's
230 ypg (16th)
10 passing plays 20+ yds (16th)
1 passing play 40+ yds (tied 18th)
passer rating 70.5 (25th)

so what's so funny about orton again ?

Thnikkaman
10-07-2010, 04:38 PM
Hey Ravenite, are you familiar with the term Small Sample Size?
We thought we were good after 4 games last year too.

BroncoNut
10-07-2010, 04:52 PM
yeah, Flacco's not looking too hot so far. In comparison of course

slim
10-07-2010, 04:55 PM

You have been here twenty minutes and you already have everyone here figured out.

That is impressive.

TXBRONC
10-07-2010, 09:00 PM

Sanchez
Palmer
Wallace
Batch

That is impressive.

I think Palmer is still a good quarterback but he was flat out awful against the Ravens yet the still won the game.

KCL
10-07-2010, 09:07 PM
You have been here twenty minutes and you already have everyone here figured out.

That is impressive.

Speaking of homers...what would he consider himself??? :rolleyes: