PDA

View Full Version : Lloyd, Harris Back Orton On 'Cheap Shots' Comment

Lonestar
10-05-2010, 02:15 PM
Lloyd, Harris Back Orton On 'Cheap Shots' Comments
By Matthew J. Buettner, cbs4denver.com
DENVER (CBS4) ―

It was a welcome sight for the Broncos to have Ryan Harris back on the field Sunday against the Tennessee Titans. The right tackle was cleared to play for the first time since he suffered an ankle injury in the team's preseason finale.

Harris also dislocated his toe on Nov. 1 at Baltimore last season and until Sunday he hadn't played in a regular season game since then.

"I got the chance to go through the preseason, but (it was the) first live game that counted in about a year for me," said Harris, who was the special guest on Xfinity Broncos Live! "Just getting used to being out there and earning a living, so it was a good time."

Players like to say nobody is ever 100 percent healthy in the NFL, but Harris said he's getting close.

"I'm pretty close; close enough to contribute and it's important for me to let my teammates know how much this game means to me, how much winning means to me, and I'm more than happy to go out there less than 100 percent and win with these guys," Harris said.

"It's tough sitting on the sideline, trust me, I know, being injured," said wide receiver Brandon Lloyd, who was the guest host on the show.

Lloyd asked Harris to go through some of the feelings he had while confined to the sideline during his injury.

"The funny thing is, the thing you miss the most are the little comments between the players," Harris said. "For those of you who don't know, a lot of things and jokes are said, especially when you are winning and doing something well. That camaraderie is something you can't get from watching."

Lloyd and Harris also said trash talking can be fun as well, but not cheap shots, which led into a conversation about comments made by quarterback Kyle Orton after the game about dirty play by Tennessee.

"You always hear about how tough (the Titans) are and all that stuff. I don't think they're tough, I think they're cheap, and it was one of the cheapest games I've ever seen out of some of those players," Orton said. "When we've got Chris Kuper with his helmet off and getting punched and all that stuff, it's ridiculous. If that's the type of player Cortland Finnegan wants to be, then he's a cheap player, not a good player."

Harris said one of the things all of Orton's teammates like about him is that he'll never shy away from letting somebody know how he feels.

"It's good to play with a guy like that; a guy who has passion for the game," Harris said.

Lloyd said Orton's comments were 100 percent true and that Titans players were taking cheap shots.

"It's pretty clear on tape. Every time a guy's helmet would come off, these guys are swinging and kicking," Lloyd said. "It's not really a battle between the whistles, it's after the whistles, and that's what makes it so cheap."

As for the running game, Harris said the offensive line is going to pick it up.

"We're going to put it on us and there's no doubt we'll practice hard this week to establish that running game and reconnect with the things that made us successful in the preseason," Harris said. "It's going to be our No. 1 focus, I can tell you that."

The offensive line will have their work cut out for them when they take on the Baltimore Ravens, a team that historically has a great defense.

"They are a tough team. Forget last week, these guys play between the whistles and they're headed up by a Hall of Fame linebacker, Ray Lewis. He's the ultimate field general," Lloyd said. "He keeps those guys playing well and that front seven is definitely going to be a test for our passing game."

The Broncos take on the Ravens in Baltimore at 11 a.m. Sunday on CBS4.
http://cbs4denver.com/broncos/denver.broncos.titans.2.1946783.html

Spiritguy
10-05-2010, 02:51 PM
As for the running game, Harris said the offensive line is going to pick it up.

"We're going to put it on us and there's no doubt we'll practice hard this week to establish that running game and reconnect with the things that made us successful in the preseason," Harris said. "It's going to be our No. 1 focus, I can tell you that."

That's what I have been wanting to hear from these guys. It's on us to get it done in the running game. Make it happen guys!