PDA

View Full Version : Orton calls the titans cheap!!

arapaho2
10-04-2010, 10:31 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81b0f389/article/broncos-orton-labels-titans-defense-cheap-in-broncos-win?module=HP_headlines

Denver Broncos (http://www.broncosforums.com/teams/denverbroncos/profile?team=DEN) quarterback Kyle Orton (http://www.broncosforums.com/players/kyleorton/profile?id=ORT716150) had some choice words for the Tennessee Titans (http://www.broncosforums.com/teams/tennesseetitans/profile?team=TEN)' defense following the Broncos' 26-20 win on Sunday, telling the team's official site (http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Titans-Postgame-Orton/713c8fc7-3b18-447b-9e1a-f8306cca5b9d#?id=713c8fc7-3b18-447b-9e1a-f8306cca5b9d) that the Titans played a "cheap" game.

rcsodak
10-04-2010, 10:39 AM
Already a thread on this, I believe
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

arapaho2
10-04-2010, 10:45 AM
Already a thread on this, I believe
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

heavens to betsy...i have wronged you

camdisco24
10-04-2010, 10:47 AM
He speaks the truth, IMO.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-04-2010, 02:34 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16250111?source=rss

Josh McDaniels has his quarterback's back.

Following the Broncos' 26-20 win Sunday at Tennessee, Kyle Orton unloaded on the Titans' chippy nature of play.

Orton said of the Titans: "You always hear about how tough they are and all that stuff. I don't think they're tough. I think they're cheap." The Titans had 10 penalties for 111 yards compared to the Broncos' six penalties for 74 yards. McDaniels, the Broncos' coach, indicated the Titans' style of play is a function of how Jeff Fisher coaches them.

"I was proud of our team because we knew that was the kind of game it was going to be," McDaniels said. "You can put any tape you want to of Tennessee and there's going to be 10 penalties. You either coach it or you allow it to happen. That's how I look at that.

"Our guys did a great job of keeping their poise and composure and not getting drawn into a big unsportsman-like game because I know that's what they were trying to entice us into doing."

Ordinarily, McDaniels doesn't like his players to deliver comments that produce headlines. But McDaniels supported Orton on Monday. In particular, Orton ripped Courtland Finnegan because of the after-whistle antics of the Titans' cornerback.

"If that's the type of player Courtland Finnegan wants to be well then he's a cheap player not a good player," Orton said.

Said McDaniels: "After watching the film I think they're accurate. There's a way to play tough and physical without being excessive and playing dirty after the snap. There's a lot of teams in this league that play like that. Tough and physical but also within the rules."

McDaniels gave offensive game balls to Orton (341 yards passing, two touchdowns) and Brandon Lloyd (11 catches, 115 yards) and defensive game balls to Kevin Vickerson (defensive end who played a strong game against his former team), Brian Dawkins — "Played like he was 24 years old," McDaniels said — and outside linebacker

Robert Ayers and Jason Hunter for setting the edge that contained star running back Chris Johnson to 53 yards on 19 carries with no carry longer than 8 yards.

robert ethan
10-04-2010, 04:57 PM
Stung by Orton's "cheap" comment, Titan's defensive coach Chuck Cecil felt obligated to make a sizable $40,000 donation to the NFL player's fund on Monday.:salute:

Dean
10-04-2010, 07:32 PM
Stung by Orton's "cheap" comment, Titan's defensive coach Chuck Cecil felt obligated to make a sizable $40,000 donation to the NFL player's fund on Monday.:salute:

That is [B]not[B] cheap.

rcsodak
10-04-2010, 07:38 PM
heavens to betsy...i have wronged you

grow up.

I'm sure in your years of posting, you've told people to "do a thread search" before posting.

:coffee:

I wasn't being a Quinn about it.

NightTrainLayne
10-04-2010, 08:27 PM
No need to get in an argument about it. I'll merge it in a minute when I find the other one.

BroncoJoe
10-04-2010, 09:48 PM
http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181021

Buff
10-04-2010, 10:05 PM
In case you missed it in the Finnegan trash talk thread, here is the play in question:

yER9LWShOVw

Canmore
10-05-2010, 01:50 AM
Orton was diplomatic in saying that the Titans played a cheap game. The word is dirty.

Elevation inc
10-05-2010, 04:21 AM
In case you missed it in the Finnegan trash talk thread, here is the play in question:

yER9LWShOVw

damn kuper was fired up......dude ripped the crap out of his helmet im suprsied kuper's head didnt come off with the helmet....:lol:

RavensD
10-11-2010, 05:16 PM
I dont like doing this, but I'll make an exception for Tennessee...

There's a fine line between being a rough and tough team, and being dirty.
Tennessee, the organization as a whole, are classless trash, in particular their players.

ursamajor
10-11-2010, 06:01 PM
They are a dirty team like the Packers. With roster turn over, there is no place for that crap. The League is too small if you catch my drift.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-11-2010, 06:03 PM
They are a dirty team like the Packers. With roster turn over, there is no place for that crap. The League is too small if you catch my drift.

Maybe I have missed it, but I don't ever recall the Packers referred to as a dirty team :confused:

ursamajor
10-11-2010, 06:06 PM
Maybe I have missed it, but I don't ever recall the Packers referred to as a dirty team :confused:

Kicking Forte in the head for starters. I dunno, maybe it is just when they play the Bears.

Broncos Mtnman
10-11-2010, 08:21 PM
Maybe KO should worry more about winning instead of whining.

In today's Denver Post, a Raven was quoted as saying that the complaints about the Titans proved to them that if the Ravens played hard, the Broncos would fade at the end.

Seems he was right.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-11-2010, 08:45 PM
Maybe KO should worry more about winning instead of whining.

In today's Denver Post, a Raven was quoted as saying that the complaints about the Titans proved to them that if the Ravens played hard, the Broncos would fade at the end.

Seems he was right.

Maybe KO should worry more about winning instead of whining :tsk: What kind of a comment is that???? What more do you WANT Kyle to do in regards to trying to win???

And, in regards to your reference to the Denver Post, unless I missed it online, I see nothing in regards to a Raven stating anything. Maybe it was in the print copy, and not online?????

Broncos Mtnman
10-11-2010, 09:03 PM
Maybe KO should worry more about winning instead of whining :tsk: What kind of a comment is that???? What more do you WANT Kyle to do in regards to trying to win???

It's my OPINION. You know, like you have.

And, in regards to your reference to the Denver Post, unless I missed it online, I see nothing in regards to a Raven stating anything. Maybe it was in the print copy, and not online?????

The reference to being a crybaby was in Kisla's opinion piece. My bad, it was a quote from Bill Romanowski about Orton's crybaby antics. It was his contention that it served as additional motivation to wear down the Broncos.

I repeat. It apparently worked.

Lonestar
10-11-2010, 09:14 PM
Kicking Forte in the head for starters. I dunno, maybe it is just when they play the Bears.

Maybe it is because there is NO love lost between the to teams. going back a gazillion years.:salute:

topscribe
10-11-2010, 09:25 PM

I wouldn't refer to Orton's remarks as whining. I consider them leadership. He is
the quarterback and the captain of the offense. That is his duty, IMO. And he
fulfilled it well.

And I don't understand this "maybe KO should worry about winning" remark. I
don't know how Kyle could have done more than he did to try to win each game.
I think being the second most prolific passer in the history of the NFL (during the
first five games) is doing plenty to win games. It is up to the rest of the team to
give him some help!

-----