PDA

View Full Version : arapaho's game thoughts week four

arapaho2
10-04-2010, 10:25 AM
just who are the broncos?...are we a good team...a decent team...i dont think we are in the upper teir as of yet

offense...once again orton was superb...hitting deep and short, spreading the ball around...why did we get tebow again?:listen:

the passing offense is solid...but it occurs to me that people pinned their hopes on gaffney to replace marshall...and it seems if LLoyd had not emerged we would be in a tuff spot with gaff as the go to guy...he was non existant until the defense rolled coverage to Lloyd

all in all we have a solid group

oline...had troubles early..clady was having trouble with the titans scheme...but they settled down and played very well
harris didnt make a differance in the run game...we still suck

when i look at guys like torain..hillis running people over ...i think... can josh actually evaluate rbs?...Buck has lost that burst..that bit of speed...marony dances...i seen a few holes or lanes he completly missed as he danced into a tackle instead..and moreno is slow, with no burst or power

now we can all blame the oline..thats an excuse....i dont care how bad the line is ....which it isnt that terribly bad...THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR OUR BACKS HAVEING A 1.9 PER CARRY AVERAGE...PERIOD!!! even orton has a 2.9 per carry average:lol:
i dont care how great our passing offense is...we need a rushing attack:eek:

defense...hats off for containing the best back in the game...i think our rush defense is getting better...i think our pass defense is top notch...however that wont sustain for the season unless wink can find a way to generate an actual pass rush
the titans had 6 sacks alone last night...we have 4 on the season thats right 4...we have dawkins with one...dj and ayers with 1.5...that is dismall and the biggest reason the titans were even in the game...ZERO PRESSURE!!!

I THINK GOING INTO THE REMAINING SEASON...THE PASS RUSH AND FACT WE HAVE LITTLE TALENT AT RB IS THE BIGGEST CONCERN

MasterShake
10-04-2010, 10:36 AM
Good analysis. The only thing I think I can add is that Ortons one big weakness is his statue like presence in the pocket. He had that one great throw after avoiding pressure to hit Gaffeny for the pass interference, but other times it seems he just ducked his head and ran right into the pressure.

I am starting to believe that McD IS a great QB coach. What he did with Cassell and Orton is testament to that, and if he can groom Tebow over the next few years we are going to be an awesome offense. Could you imagine a true option QB with the weapons we have now? And in the meatime, we get to see Kyle Orton light up the league while Tebow learns the ropes. I think its an exciting time to be a Broncos fan. If we can gel and get healthy this year, I see us doing some damage in the playoffs.

arapaho2
10-04-2010, 10:43 AM
Good analysis. The only thing I think I can add is that Ortons one big weakness is his statue like presence in the pocket. He had that one great throw after avoiding pressure to hit Gaffeny for the pass interference, but other times it seems he just ducked his head and ran right into the pressure.

I am starting to believe that McD IS a great QB coach. What he did with Cassell and Orton is testament to that, and if he can groom Tebow over the next few years we are going to be an awesome offense. Could you imagine a true option QB with the weapons we have now? And in the meatime, we get to see Kyle Orton light up the league while Tebow learns the ropes. I think its an exciting time to be a Broncos fan. If we can gel and get healthy this year, I see us doing some damage in the playoffs.

He does seem to move around the pocket more than last year...im impressed with orton...his biggest fault befor was not going deep...but i disagree with anyone who states that we are throwing deep because marshall is gone...marshall could go deep
i think its more a matter of MCD realizing what all the fans...analysts...writers and players said was truth..we have to open up the field and not just focus on the short stuff....how may bubble screens have we seen? 4? he used to call 4-6 a game last season

i am ok with orton...im ok on the wr corps...we need a pass rush and a rb that can keep a defense honest...how good would we be with a good back is what im wondering?:beer:

MasterShake
10-04-2010, 10:47 AM
He does seem to move around the pocket more than last year...im impressed with orton...his biggest fault befor was not going deep...but i disagree with anyone who states that we are throwing deep because marshall is gone...marshall could go deep
i think its more a matter of MCD realizing what all the fans...analysts...writers and players said was truth..we have to open up the field and not just focus on the short stuff....how may bubble screens have we seen? 4? he used to call 4-6 a game last season

i am ok with orton...im ok on the wr corps...we need a pass rush and a rb that can keep a defense honest...how good would we be with a good back is what im wondering?:beer:

I personally think Moreno is a great RB and will help a lot if he can stay healthy. We need a better compliment to him though for tough yards.

Mike
10-04-2010, 10:54 AM
just who are the broncos?...are we a good team...a decent team...i dont think we are in the upper teir as of yet

offense...once again orton was superb...hitting deep and short, spreading the ball around...why did we get tebow again?:listen:

the passing offense is solid...but it occurs to me that people pinned their hopes on gaffney to replace marshall...and it seems if LLoyd had not emerged we would be in a tuff spot with gaff as the go to guy...he was non existant until the defense rolled coverage to Lloyd

all in all we have a solid group

oline...had troubles early..clady was having trouble with the titans scheme...but they settled down and played very well
harris didnt make a differance in the run game...we still suck

when i look at guys like torain..hillis running people over ...i think... can josh actually evaluate rbs?...Buck has lost that burst..that bit of speed...marony dances...i seen a few holes or lanes he completly missed as he danced into a tackle instead..and moreno is slow, with no burst or power

now we can all blame the oline..thats an excuse....i dont care how bad the line is ....which it isnt that terribly bad...THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR OUR BACKS HAVEING A 1.9 PER CARRY AVERAGE...PERIOD!!! even orton has a 2.9 per carry average:lol:
i dont care how great our passing offense is...we need a rushing attack:eek:

defense...hats off for containing the best back in the game...i think our rush defense is getting better...i think our pass defense is top notch...however that wont sustain for the season unless wink can find a way to generate an actual pass rush
the titans had 6 sacks alone last night...we have 4 on the season thats right 4...we have dawkins with one...dj and ayers with 1.5...that is dismall and the biggest reason the titans were even in the game...ZERO PRESSURE!!!

I THINK GOING INTO THE REMAINING SEASON...THE PASS RUSH AND FACT WE HAVE LITTLE TALENT AT RB IS THE BIGGEST CONCERN

For the most part, I agree.

The running game is as bad as any I have ever seen. Worse than any I have ever seen. That said, I don't think Torrain or Hillis would be having success here is Denver. The backs are a part of the problem, but the line isn't doing the backs any favors out there. They are young and hopefully will get better, but that excuse doesn't get it done. Hopefully, Moreno gets healthy and can at least get us 3-4 ypc...or at least get us a yard on 3rd and goal or 4th and inches.

Maroney stinks. I hope they made him walk back to Denver.

SOCALORADO.
10-04-2010, 10:56 AM
I dont think its a testament to Orton as it is to MCD.
He simply is an excellent QB coach. And his brother as well.
I was impressed that Orton looked just like Cassel in the
pre season. Orton has a complete understanding of this
offense now. Its really impressive, but again i give all the
accolades to MCD. He deserves it. Its no fluke he takes
guys like Cassel and Orton and makes them solid
system QBs.

arapaho2
10-04-2010, 10:56 AM
I personally think Moreno is a great RB and will help a lot if he can stay healthy. We need a better compliment to him though for tough yards.

i thought he was ok last season...being a rookie

this year i have watched him and im not impressed at all

he is slow to the hole, as in no BURST....i havent seen him shoot throught the line when he has a hole...he is slow to begin with and further exasberates it by being slow to top speed

you see other backs...hit that hole and be gone...hit the second level and its on...i dont see that from moreno..zero speed

MasterShake
10-04-2010, 10:57 AM
i thought he was ok last season...being a rookie

this year i have watched him and im not impressed at all

he is slow to the hole, as in no BURST....i havent seen him shoot throught the line when he has a hole...he is slow to begin with and further exasberates it by being slow to top speed

you see other backs...hit that hole and be gone...hit the second level and its on...i dont see that from moreno..zero speed

He's not a gamebreaker, but he is a pace setter. All of our good runs this season have come from his limited play time.

arapaho2
10-04-2010, 11:05 AM

The running game is as bad as any I have ever seen. Worse than any I have ever seen. That said, I don't think Torrain or Hillis would be having success here is Denver. The backs are a part of the problem, but the line isn't doing the backs any favors out there. They are young and hopefully will get better, but that excuse doesn't get it done. Hopefully, Moreno gets healthy and can at least get us 3-4 ypc...or at least get us a yard on 3rd and goal or 4th and inches.

i cant blame the oline...there are 5 teams in offensive line rankings worse than the broncos...4 are substansially better in the rushing department ...one is the number one rushing team in the league...the other chicago is at 31...we are the worst rushing team in the league for one reason...our backs suck from 1-3..they suck

arapaho2
10-04-2010, 11:07 AM
He's not a gamebreaker, but he is a pace setter. All of our good runs this season have come from his limited play time.

and yet his pace setting averaged no more than marony who everyone is critiqueing...and it is setting the pace for the worst rushing offense even seen in a bronco uni....already the ugliest in the league

BroncoWave
10-04-2010, 11:07 AM
What is a back supposed to do when he has 2-3 guys meeting him in the backfield the second he gets the ball? I lost count of how many times that happened yesterday.

arapaho2
10-04-2010, 11:10 AM
What is a back supposed to do when he has 2-3 guys meeting him in the backfield the second he gets the ball? I lost count of how many times that happened yesterday.

hes supposed to lower his shoulder ...not dance the cha cha

GEM
10-04-2010, 11:11 AM

Agree, the interior line, where they open holes is not acclimated to the run game. Walton has had a tough couple of games against really good DLines. The bonus there is he has been thrown in the fire and done well in pass protection, the bad part is that it's a lot to take in for a rookie. I think it will come in time. Daniels eh, he's just not that good. Hopefully Beadles can get out of the spot he's in and battle his way back into the starting line up and prove something at the position they drafted him for. Kuper has been hurt.

So....the interior of the line that open running holes haven't done such a good job. Hopefully it's a gelling thing, hopefully it's something that they learn and learn quickly. They need to be as good at rushing as they are at pass protection.

The backs are doing them no favors though. Tip toeing to the line, dancing behind the line of scrimmage, and not hitting the hole during the small amount of time the line is giving them. My own personal opinion is that Maroney has no vision. He doesn't see the hole until it's too late and the lineman have lost the hole. Without vision and timing, we aren't going to see much out of Maroney. Sadly, I'd be on board with cutting our losses after he dropped the ball at such a crucial point yesterday.

Hopefully, it is like PN said that our younger guy is a bit banged up and they can get him in on some action. I can't remember if it's Brown, I think that was who she said.

BroncoWave
10-04-2010, 11:11 AM
hes supposed to lower his shoulder ...not dance the cha cha

Sorry we don't have Adrian Peterson in our backfield. I could probably count on one hand the number of backs in this league would have success behind our current o-line.

rcsodak
10-04-2010, 11:19 AM
i thought he was ok last season...being a rookiehis year i have watched him and im not impressed at all he is slow to the hole, as in no BURST....i havent seen him shoot throught the line when he has a hole...he is slow to begin with and further exasberates it by being slow to top speedyou see other backs...hit that hole and be gone...hit the second level and its on...i dont see that from moreno..zero speed
you mentioned moreno like he played yesterday.
He's battling back from hammys. We all saw champ and how he was slowed by it. I thought he looked great against indy. As the game progressed, he seemed to run stronger (when he wasnt gasping for breath on the sidelines). No training camp means not in football shape. I thought lomo started to make headways late, when Tenn knew theyd run. He looked more decisive, less dancer. And had a nice run had daniels not tried slow dancing with a defender.I'm afraid the running game will suck til after the bye week.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

LTC Pain
10-04-2010, 11:21 AM

IMHO, a bruiser type RB is exactly what the Broncos need from free agency or the draft neaxt season. Top priority is the D-line in the next draft.

GEM
10-04-2010, 11:33 AM
He's battling back from hammys. We all saw champ and how he was slowed by it. I thought he looked great against indy. As the game progressed, he seemed to run stronger (when he wasnt gasping for breath on the sidelines). No training camp means not in football shape. I thought lomo started to make headways late, when Tenn knew theyd run. He looked more decisive, less dancer. And had a nice run had daniels not tried slow dancing with a defender.I'm afraid the running game will suck til after the bye week.

Moreno is out because of continuous hammy issues. That is an issue with him that he needs to fix. That also has a lot to do with stamina, what he's eating, if he's hydrating himself, etc. I don't think I have seen a RB huffing after a play like Moreno did the week previous. The guy looked like he was ready to die right there on the sideline. That fault lies with Moreno.

arapaho2
10-04-2010, 12:21 PM

if he looked better late it was because the defense was tired...but i fail in the world to see how you call our rbs haveing 17 carries for 8 yards...makeing headway:confused:

our running game is gonna suck until we get a back with power and quickness...two traits moreno doesnt have even when healthy

JaxBroncoGirl
10-04-2010, 12:23 PM
Moreno is out because of continuous hammy issues. That is an issue with him that he needs to fix. That also has a lot to do with stamina, what he's eating, if he's hydrating himself, etc. I don't think I have seen a RB huffing after a play like Moreno did the week previous. The guy looked like he was ready to die right there on the sideline. That fault lies with Moreno.

You are right on. The fact that Moreno is winded and seemingly out of shape is all Moreno, I am wondering if McD isn't on his back about it. It is Moreno's responsibility to get in shape and stay that way. He is hurting the team. This really needs to be addressed. I am not sure if McD has addressed it, but I know if I was a coach, I would be all over him. Since I am not a coach and do not make the big bucks, this is just my HO.

arapaho2
10-04-2010, 05:28 PM
Sorry we don't have Adrian Peterson in our backfield. I could probably count on one hand the number of backs in this league would have success behind our current o-line.

really

lets see

adrian peterson of course
arian foster
rashard mendenhal
ahmed bradshaw
chris johnson
mcfadden
LT
peyton hillis
MJD
steven jackson
mike tolbert
jamall charles

we could go on and on

keep in mind the houston olin is the worst in the game...surprisenly foster is the leagues leading rusher

dont make excuses for our pittiful rbs

Slick
10-04-2010, 06:15 PM

True but it hasn't been like that every game. Last week there was some room to run. Our backs have no vision what so ever (including Moreno up to this point in his career). It seems like to play in this system you have to be a versatile running back, but there's something to be said for a guy that can just carry the mail. I feel like we need one of those guys whether he fits the system or not.

rcsodak
10-04-2010, 09:15 PM

Well to be fair, Gem, he missed all of TC, and he's trying to get back into football shape. Pretty hard to do with hammy's. ;)

rcsodak
10-04-2010, 09:19 PM
if he looked better late it was because the defense was tired...but i fail in the world to see how you call our rbs haveing 17 carries for 8 yards...makeing headway:confused:

our running game is gonna suck until we get a back with power and quickness...two traits moreno doesnt have even when healthy

He's got quickness....he's just not fast.

He looked pretty good in the indy game...especially getting to the corners and hurdling would-be tacklers. He was finally showing what he did back in college. Last year, he came in late, missing some TC, and then got injured. He started out the season, then, not in the best shape. Then, the proverbial "wall".
TD was great his rookie year because he hardly carried the ball his final year in college. KM DID!

He was a 1st rd pick for a reason. Let him heal up, have a TC to get in football shape and gelling with the Oline, and THEN criticize.

TXBRONC
10-04-2010, 10:56 PM

Hamstrings like sprains do not heal quickly. It something can linger for the rest of the season.

Ravage!!!
10-04-2010, 11:37 PM
Moreno looked good on ONE play in the Indy game, and that seems to be the one that everyone remembers. Other than that, including last year, Moreno has looked very slow through the hole, and hasn't broken a long play yet. Moreno, as of yet, hasn't shown that he can be the back to rely on, or to carry a team.

Orton is playing good football, but right now he's on pace to throw the ball 700 times this season. SEVEN HUNDRED. Now Im not putting Orton down for this. Its not Orton's fault.

Boomer Esiason made a great point. There are QBs in the NFL that are putting up some BIG numbers this early in the year, but they average 42.3 (Orton averages 43.75) passes per game. With this many passes, and the rules set up to help the QB, they SHOULD be breaking records and breaking 5000 yrds a season. Seriously. Just to compare, when Marino passed for 5000+ yrds and 48 TDs in 1984, he did it when averaging 27 pass attempts a game.

We have thrown the ball 50+ times the last two games. Thats disturbing. When Kyle is our leading rusher in a game, thats REALLY disturbing. Thats going to bring the defense down HARD on our passing game, and they will start teeing off on Orton.

I'm also surprised that when we are throwing the ball so much, we have such a terrible 3rd down conversion rate. We can't seem to convert third downs, whether they are long, medium, or short.

That being said, I think our rush defense has been pretty good. I've been really impressed the way we've shut down MJD, Addai, and CJ. I figured our pass defense was going to be the strong unit, especially against Tenn....but VY was having his way with our pass defense that first half. I'm glad they abandoned the pass as quickly as they did.

GEM
10-05-2010, 09:47 AM
Well to be fair, Gem, he missed all of TC, and he's trying to get back into football shape. Pretty hard to do with hammy's. ;)

His first injury was a hammy....meaning, he didn't come into camp in the shape necessary. As part of your job, and most NFL players, stay in some sort of shape in the offseason. If this were a one time thing you could use that excuse. Most of his injuries that have caused him to miss time have been for hamstrings. That points out that he is not taking care of himself.

silkamilkamonico
10-05-2010, 10:14 AM
keep in mind the houston olin is the worst in the game...surprisenly foster is the leagues leading rusher

No, it's not. I agree with your argument of our RB's being bad. But the fact is, our oline is among the worst in the league in both rushing, and passing, and as a collective unit. Collectively, we rival the Bears as the worst dline in the NFL. Houston's oline is undoubtedly better than ours.

LTC Pain
10-05-2010, 10:19 AM
No, it's not. I agree with your argument of our RB's being bad. But the fact is, our oline is among the worst in the league in both rushing, and passing, and as a collective unit. Collectively, we rival the Bears as the worst dline in the NFL. Houston's oline is undoubtedly better than ours.

If our O-line is "among the worst in the league in both rushing and passing" how much credit are you giving them (or not) for Orton's success so far, leading the NFL in passing???

silkamilkamonico
10-05-2010, 10:23 AM
If our O-line is "among the worst in the league in both rushing and passing" how much credit are you giving them (or not) for Orton's success so far, leading the NFL in passing???

Are we supposed to give them credit? I know Orton has dropped back a great majority of times, but he has to be among the NFL leaders in QB hits a game. With our inability to run and the way teams tee off on our offense, there is no way IMHO that Orton will last through the season healthy enough to be as effective as he is.

I don't think I could be more disappointed with our oline. Tennessee was in our backfield hitting Maroney basically as soon as he got the ball, and more than one defender. Our oline is pathetic.

silkamilkamonico
10-05-2010, 10:27 AM
I have to take back what i said about the oline in passing situations. I do not think they are the among the worst in the league. Not average, but not worst. I think our oline rushing is so poor that it collectively makes our oline passing bad. We have the absolute worst run blocking oline in the NFL. So sad.

LTC Pain
10-05-2010, 10:44 AM
I have to take back what i said about the oline in passing situations. I do not think they are the among the worst in the league. Not average, but not worst. I think our oline rushing is so poor that it collectively makes our oline passing bad. We have the absolute worst run blocking oline in the NFL. So sad.

The jury is out on the O-lines ability to run block.

I just could not reconcile your comment about our pass blocking being the worst in the league while Orton is leading the NFL in passing. Especially since he is a very non-mobile, pocket passer. So the O-line is doing someting right to give him time in the pocket. I'd say our O-line pass blocking is better than average and will improve. That's an overall comment, four games played. Not just versus the Titans.

Ravage!!!
10-05-2010, 10:53 AM

I just could not reconcile your comment about our pass blocking being the worst in the league while Orton is leading the NFL in passing. Especially since he is a very non-mobile, pocket passer. So the O-line is doing someting right to give him time in the pocket. I'd say our O-line pass blocking is better than average and will improve. That's an overall comment, four games played. Not just versus the Titans.

we are also throwing the ball 50 times a game. Not taking a SINGLE thing from Orton, but thats why soldiers now carry machine guns instead of the fire rifles of the past. You fire more bullets, you hit more targets.

silkamilkamonico
10-05-2010, 11:10 AM

I don't think there's a jury still pondering our oline's inability to run block. I think we simply cannot run block, and are completely terrible in the run game, specifically from the oline's lack of production.

I think you guys are right about the pass blocking. I think I've been so disillusioned with the run blocking that it's distorted my view of the pass blocking. Our run blocking is the worst n the NFL, period. I can't even get over our RB's being below average IMHO, because now I'm seeing, 1, even 2 defenders in the backfield before our RB's even get te ball. IMO we could possibly have one of the worst run blocking oline's I've seen in some time, and I'm not even kidding.

Cugel
10-05-2010, 11:13 AM

And who's fault is that? Under Shanahan's last season the O-line was probably the STRONGEST part of the team. Cutler was sacked a total of 6 times -- despite the fact that he was constantly looking to throw downfield and consequently holding onto the ball like a drowning sailor holds onto a life-preserver.

Then McDaniels comes in and S***-cans the ZBS and suddenly virtually the same key guys (harris &: Clady) look utterly lost out there.

And they can't gain yards against the defense of the Little Sisters Of The Poor!

Despite the win, this season is shaping up as a 3rd place finish, because KC is playing great and SD always seems to start slow and win late. Thank god there's still the Raiders to give us 2 wins a season!

EDIT: If you watched the Redskins run over the Eagles defense this weekend you might have wondered why McDaniels had to be such a complete ASS-HAT as to change a blocking system that worked perfectly well, and substitute this P.O.S. where they might as well all have their shoes nailed to the turf for all the movement you see from the O-line!

silkamilkamonico
10-05-2010, 11:17 AM
And who's fault is that? Under Shanahan's last season the O-line was probably the STRONGEST part of the team. Cutler was sacked a total of 6 times -- despite the fact that he was constantly looking to throw downfield and consequently holding onto the ball like a drowning sailor holds onto a life-preserver.

Then McDaniels comes in and S***-cans the ZBS and suddenly virtually the same key guys (harris &: Clady) look utterly lost out there.

And they can't gain yards against the defense of the Little Sisters Of The Poor!

Despite the win, this season is shaping up as a 3rd place finish, because KC is playing great and SD always seems to start slow and win late. Thank god there's still the Raiders to give us 2 wins a season!

McDaniels trying to run Shanahan's ZBS with his offense would be a nightmare. We struggled under Shanahan to run in goal line. We're struggling under McDaniels. I am very disappointed, but I need to see where McDaniels will go with the oline next year before I call his red zone running a failure like Shanahan. At least Shanahan could run in between the 20's, but McDaniels offense shows no problem whatsoever moving the ball in between the 20's, so that's a moot argument.

arapaho2
10-05-2010, 11:44 AM

actually houstons oline was rated worse than ours...which is the point a good back can still succeed...our backs suck

arapaho2
10-05-2010, 11:46 AM
He's got quickness....he's just not fast.

He looked pretty good in the indy game...especially getting to the corners and hurdling would-be tacklers. He was finally showing what he did back in college. Last year, he came in late, missing some TC, and then got injured. He started out the season, then, not in the best shape. Then, the proverbial "wall".
TD was great his rookie year because he hardly carried the ball his final year in college. KM DID!

He was a 1st rd pick for a reason. Let him heal up, have a TC to get in football shape and gelling with the Oline, and THEN criticize.

moreno didnt play the indy game:confused:

Ravage!!!
10-05-2010, 12:23 PM
McDaniels trying to run Shanahan's ZBS with his offense would be a nightmare. We struggled under Shanahan to run in goal line. We're struggling under McDaniels. I am very disappointed, but I need to see where McDaniels will go with the oline next year before I call his red zone running a failure like Shanahan. At least Shanahan could run in between the 20's, but McDaniels offense shows no problem whatsoever moving the ball in between the 20's, so that's a moot argument.

I believe its been pointed out that during the Colts game, we ran the ZBS exclusively. We move the ball between the 20s while asking Orton to throw the ball 50 times a game. As of right now, he's on pace to throw the ball 700 times this year. Thats horrendous.

silkamilkamonico
10-05-2010, 01:25 PM
I believe its been pointed out that during the Colts game, we ran the ZBS exclusively. We move the ball between the 20s while asking Orton to throw the ball 50 times a game. As of right now, he's on pace to throw the ball 700 times this year. Thats horrendous.

I'm not sure what to think about that. I heard that too because of all of Indy's speed. Is McDaniels trying to "match up" with opposing defenses and changing the scheme? Does he feel like we can't run the scheme we want at this point, so he made the change to a ZBS against Indy because he thought we would be better off with it?

Both are an issue at this point IMHO. Changing the scheme week to week tells me we don't really know who we are other than trying to somehow gimmick the opponent, and if we're changing the scheme because we struggle at what we want to do, that's not a good sign either.