PDA

View Full Version : We Need a Pass Rush!

CrazyHorse
10-04-2010, 09:18 AM
Ours completely blows. 4 sacks over 4 games. Only one team has less, Buffalo. The loss of Dumervil has really hurt us badly. Our secondary has been playing well enough to keep us middle of the road in pass defense but I don't know how long that will hold up. I would like to see some blitzing or something. The other teams QB's seem to have all day to throw. I hope I'm not the only one with this concern.
:defense:

Thnikkaman
10-04-2010, 09:21 AM
I disagree, but I don't have the evidence as to why at the moment. I want to grab the stats I am looking for before my rebuttal.

rcsodak
10-04-2010, 11:32 AM
Where is the team in QB pressures?

I liked the corner S blitzes dialed up. Haven't seen those in a while.

Also liked the delayed LB blitz.

Wink is utilizing what he has and getting the most out of them....thats all you can ask.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

LTC Pain
10-04-2010, 11:36 AM
Where is the team in QB pressures?

I liked the corner S blitzes dialed up. Haven't seen those in a while.

Also liked the delayed LB blitz.

Wink is utilizing what he has and getting the most out of them....thats all you can ask.

I agree. When Wink said he was building an aggressive defense I thought we would see more blitzes from all over. Sorta like the Jets do. Not seeing much of it.

broncohead
10-04-2010, 11:39 AM
We really don't have any good pass rushers. Ayers pushes the defenders back into the QB at times for good pressure but thats the only consistant type of pressure we have. We should send Dawkins off the edge more

Lonestar
10-04-2010, 11:41 AM
I agree. When Wink said he was building an aggressive defense I thought we would see more blitzes from all over. Sorta like the Jets do. Not seeing much of it.

Do not have the horses that the jets do either. Sometimes you have to play the cards you have and IF you start bluffing you get burnt.

I suspect that we will see more blitzes down the road, but selective timing on them. The best blitzing is done from a different spot every time it is done.

So the OL does not know when and where it is coming from.

Ziggy
10-04-2010, 11:59 AM
We've been in every game in the 4th quarter without a pass rush, without a running game, without winning on special teams, and without Doom. That's one heck of a coaching job there.

MileHighCrew
10-04-2010, 12:55 PM
Pretty hard to make a thread that pokes at the D that held the #1 RB in the NFL to nothing and the Broncos won.
Go after the speical teams that gave up a TD that almost cost the game. For many years now the Broncos have had a EFENCE with no D. Although you might have a point timing is everything, and you missed it.

muse
10-04-2010, 01:32 PM
I don't think our gameplans for Jax, Indy or Tenn really revolved around exerting a lot of pressure on the QBs -against Jax, the heat would've completely knackered our front 7 if we blitzed a lot; against Indy, we were never going to blitz Manning to any great extent; against Tenn, we planned around containing the edges against CJ2K and Vince. Yes, we need to find ways of dialling up more pressure, but we have to do it against the right opponents.

cuzz4169
10-04-2010, 01:34 PM
Against the Titans its tough to blitz a qb who runs bc if he gets by the blitz..c-ya..yes coach said they blitzed 50-60 times the OLBs but im sure it was a contain blitz from the outside. game before that it was manning...I dare you to blitz him. I think we should see more pressure this week against the Ravens.

Elevation inc
10-05-2010, 04:36 AM
I don't think our gameplans for Jax, Indy or Tenn really revolved around exerting a lot of pressure on the QBs -against Jax, the heat would've completely knackered our front 7 if we blitzed a lot; against Indy, we were never going to blitz Manning to any great extent; against Tenn, we planned around containing the edges against CJ2K and Vince. Yes, we need to find ways of dialling up more pressure, but we have to do it against the right opponents.

this and i belive this is a big reason why we have wink as our DC.... wink is adjusting each gameplan to the opponent we play rather than playing the same way every game.....how do you stop a blitz package you run the ball or do screens.....our last 2 opponents were just not good opponents to blitz on, jacksonvilel and Seattle we probally should have done more, but i sense wink was feeling out his defense in live reg season action.....he dialed up a few blitzes last game i suspect we will see more, i actually expect us to go after flacco a bit next game....the good news is with 3-4 guys on the DL we do get some pressure, thats progress over past years where we had to blitz guys just to get any pressure....

Ayers/vickerson/hunter/Banna have provided pressure it may not have come in teh sacks stat but in pressures, hurries and hits we are doing just fine....

the sacks will come as the year moves on and we keep gelling and pushing......

Joel
10-05-2010, 05:16 AM
Do not have the horses that the jets do either. Sometimes you have to play the cards you have and IF you start bluffing you get burnt.

I suspect that we will see more blitzes down the road, but selective timing on them. The best blitzing is done from a different spot every time it is done.

So the OL does not know when and where it is coming from.
Which is, along with the fact it provides better check down coverage than a zone dog, is one of the great strengths of the 3-4. Losing the reigning sack king hurt badly, but if we can hang with the Colts as badly as our offense is playing, I'd say D remains the Broncos strength.

We've been in every game in the 4th quarter without a pass rush, without a running game, without winning on special teams, and without Doom. That's one heck of a coaching job there.
There's also a school of thought that says that shows a lot of talent and heart in our PLAYERS, but that if we have no pass rush, no running game and no special teams, THAT is a coaching problem.

rcsodak
10-05-2010, 07:59 AM
Well, I think he wants them to walk before he makes them run. Get the base D down pat, and then start adding in blitz packages. They were still adding players after TC.....