PDA

View Full Version : Cortland Finnegan talking some trash...

BroncoBJ
10-04-2010, 05:00 AM
Titans cornerback Cortland Finnegan, when asked if the Broncos had the toughest receiving corps he has faced:

"Actually, they're a bunch of powderpuffs."

:lol: Calling us powderpuffs.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16243573

Dean
10-04-2010, 05:20 AM
I guess he didn't see the scoreboard on his way out of the stadium.;)

TXBRONC
10-04-2010, 06:47 AM
I guess he didn't see the scoreboard on his way out of the stadium.;)

While he wouldn't know what the exact stats would be he should have still had a pretty good idea that Denver's corp of powderpuff receivers just kicked his secondary's ass.

BroncoNut
10-04-2010, 07:05 AM
sounds classless , but maybe not that bad either.

I love our receiving corps. Starters and the depth. "Powderpuffs" doesn't seem appropriate in any venacular, unless he's talking YACs :shrugs: even so

spikerman
10-04-2010, 08:51 AM
He's known to be a trash talker, but maybe he was either speaking solely out of frustration or joking. That's not typical post game rhetoric.

silkamilkamonico
10-04-2010, 08:53 AM
LMAO @ Finnegan. You just got your ass worked by a bunch of powderpuffs.

LTC Pain
10-04-2010, 09:03 AM
Finnegan can go powderpuff himslef!

MileHighCrew
10-04-2010, 09:14 AM
Finnegan should tell Royal how his ass taste

Thnikkaman
10-04-2010, 09:25 AM
Someone needs to photoshop a Powerpuff girls photo with broncos Jerseys and send it to a Titans site.

GEM
10-04-2010, 09:31 AM
Hmmmmm....the owner flips off opposing fans, the DC flips off refs and the players call a team that just beat them in their house powderpuffs..... they are brimming over in the touch of class cup.

LTC Pain
10-04-2010, 09:33 AM
Over on Pro Footbal Talk there is a story about Orton calling the Titans "cheap". In that story someone said that during one of the scrums Finnegan tore of Kuper's helmet and punched him in the head. I did not see this but do remember the play when Kuper got up from a pile and was trying to get to Finnegan.

Thnikkaman
10-04-2010, 09:44 AM
http://i55.tinypic.com/2aa124o.jpg

jhildebrand
10-04-2010, 09:51 AM
Samford "educated" :rolleyes: Nuff said.

TXBRONC
10-04-2010, 10:06 AM
LMAO @ Finnegan. You just got your ass worked by a bunch of powderpuffs.

My thoughts exactly. :nod:

dogfish
10-04-2010, 11:41 AM
if "powederpuffs" is the best you can come up with, better to just keep your trap shut. . . :lol:

underrated29
10-04-2010, 01:21 PM

Ahh yes, the one fingered Hawaiian peace sign.

Peace be with you cec. Peace be with you.

camdisco24
10-04-2010, 01:31 PM
So Finnegan can't handle a bunch of powderpuffs???
HAHA Jokes on him! (SCOOOOREBOARD, SCOOOOOOREBOARD)

Italianmobstr7
10-04-2010, 01:49 PM
I cannot stand Finnegan. I've never liked him. He's been the luckiest CB in the league. His pro bowl appearance is a complete fluke. The majority of his interceptions have been terrible passes thrown directly at him. I hate him as if he was a Raider/Charger/Chief. Can't stand the guy. LMAO at him calling us "powderpuffs." He's just bitching because he just got bitched by our WR's.

GEM
10-04-2010, 02:06 PM
if "powederpuffs" is the best you can come up with, better to just keep your trap shut. . . :lol:

I wonder if it was Blossom, Buttercup or Bubbles that laid the smacketh down on that scoreboard? :lol:

Buff
10-04-2010, 02:10 PM
Hey Finnegan, how's my ass taste?

Sincerely,
Brandon Lloyd

I Eat Staples
10-04-2010, 03:11 PM
Odd choice of words following a loss. Guess that's why the Titans will be lucky to even make the first round.

Traveler
10-04-2010, 03:24 PM
Titans cornerback Cortland Finnegan, when asked if the Broncos had the toughest receiving corps he has faced:

Powderpuffs? That's his best comeback?

Well Cortland, those powderpuffs just hung almost 400 passing yards on you and your defense and won the game!

And what kinda name is Cortland Finnegan? Sounds like some kinda gay Irishman. No offense meant folks of Irish descent or gays.

The crazy part is the meaning of the name Cortland is French for Courtier: "court attendant", and Finnegan is Irish for "fair."

He keeps playing as dirty as he does and he'll be in court wishing for a "fair court attendant."

Day1BroncoFan
10-04-2010, 03:34 PM

The titans are a sad lot. :nod:

Indeed, getting owned by powderpuffs would make me sad. Talk smack about the guy that just kicked your ass. :lol:

Foochacho
10-04-2010, 04:40 PM

That finger cost him $40,000, what a dumbass. Hope it was worth it.

OldschoolFreak
10-04-2010, 05:54 PM
Was listening to 104.3 the fan this afternoon and when they asked Brandon Lloyd about the comment he kept his calm and referred to Finn as "an angry little man" I thought that was funny.

According to Lloyd, Finn was talking trash the whole game and the Titans as a whole we're "trying to incite a reaction" from the Broncos who didn't take the bait. Lloyd said the Broncos prefer to prove their toughness between the whistles rather than with extracurriculars.

Nice.

OrangeHoof
10-04-2010, 06:07 PM
I think getting raised with the name "Courtland" is enough to give somebody an attitude. I mean, the name just says "somebody's bitch" so I'm sure he's been hearing smack every since his first day at kindergarten. I kinda feel sorry for the little punk. He'll get his though.

Memo to mommas everywhere. Watch what you name your children. At least wait until the drugs from your delivery have worn off before you go about choosing a name. What you thought was a clever idea can scar a child for life.

Northman
10-04-2010, 06:13 PM
I wonder if it was Blossom, Buttercup or Bubbles that laid the smacketh down on that scoreboard? :lol:

Buttercup killed his bunny. Bubbles cried for him.

dogfish
10-04-2010, 06:20 PM
Josh McDaniels, Jeff Fisher engage in some coach-on-coach crime
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on October 4, 2010 6:03 PM ET

It's not that rare to hear a player like Broncos quarterback Kyle Orton call out another team like the Titans. (Heck, opposing players seem to call Titans dirty every week.)

It's a little different to hear the coach-on-coach crime committed by Josh McDaniels on Jeff Fisher Monday.

"I was proud of our team because we knew that was the kind of game it was going to be,'' McDaniels said Monday about the Broncos win via Mike Klis of the Denver Post. "You can put any tape you want to of Tennessee and there's going to be 10 penalties. You either coach it or you allow it to happen. That's how I look at that."

McDaniels lauded his team for not being drawn into fights and went a step further, saying the Titans played dirty.

"There's a way to play tough and physical without being excessive and playing dirty after the snap,'' McDaniels said. "There's a lot of teams in this league that play like that. Tough and physical but also within the rules."

The Broncos tellingly didn't include the quotes above in the quote sheet distributed by the team Monday. But the words still found their way to Tennessee, where Titans coach Jeff Fisher was unmoved. Shocker. He said his team was physical, but not cheap.

"We did have six sacks against the quarterback and numerous other times they did have some difficulty with protection and blocking our defensive line. Maybe he's referring to that," Fisher said via the Nashville Tennessean.

Fisher isn't going to change his coaching style.

"This defense is playing well," Fisher said. "They played well enough to win . . . I'd like to see them play harder, play more aggressive."

Sorry, Ray Edwards. Fisher, defensive coordinator Chuck Cecil, and the Tennessee Titans are the true NFL outlaws.

http://football.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?zi=1/XJ&sdn=football&zu=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.profootballtalk.com%2Frumormil l.htm

bahahaha! shoulda kept your trap shut too, jeff. . . you sound petty as hell bragging about your defensive pressure when you

LOST THE GAME!

"oooh we're cool, we got some sacks!"

:lol::lol:

yea, really, take that josh! guess he really told you. . .

Buff
10-04-2010, 07:55 PM
Wow, I just went back and watched the Kuper/Finnegan play after Lindsay Jones pointed out when it happened in the game... If you go back and watch @ 2:40 left in the 3rd quarter you can see Finnegan clearly coming in to take a cheap shot at Kuper after his helmet comes off...

Douchebag deserves to be fined. And a punch to the head, IMO.

broncohead
10-04-2010, 09:20 PM
Wow, I just went back and watched the Kuper/Finnegan play after Lindsay Jones pointed out when it happened in the game... If you go back and watch @ 2:40 left in the 3rd quarter you can see Finnegan clearly coming in to take a cheap shot at Kuper after his helmet comes off...

is there an online clip? I would really like to see it.

Foochacho
10-04-2010, 09:43 PM

Forward that to Roger Goodell, lol. Teach that punk a lesson.

Buff
10-04-2010, 09:56 PM
is there an online clip? I would really like to see it.

I just recorded/uploaded from my phone, so the quality isn't ideal:

yER9LWShOVw

You can see Finnegan come running in and targeting Kuper's head at around 13 seconds...

TXBRONC
10-04-2010, 10:35 PM
It doesn't look like Finnegan came in after Kuper's helmet was off it looked like he was the cause of it.

Buff
10-04-2010, 10:37 PM
Nah, if you look closely you can see his helmet is already off at :10 before Finnegan has gotten there. The helmet is rolling around where the linebackers are standing.

TXBRONC
10-04-2010, 10:40 PM
Nah, if you look closely you can see his helmet is already off at :10 before Finnegan has gotten there. The helmet is rolling around where the linebackers are standing.

You're right. At any rate it shows what kind of creep Finnegan is.

Canmore
10-05-2010, 01:33 AM
You're right. At any rate it shows what kind of creep Finnegan is.

Creep is not nearly strong enough for what Finnegan is, but then again what he really is probably shouldn't be voiced, at least not on this board. I hope the league fines him, a suspension would be nice, but that's not going to happen.

FanInAZ
10-05-2010, 02:55 AM

It took me a number of tries, but I finally saw that Kuper's helmet was off at least 3 seconds before Finnegan went after him. If going to the head of someone who is wearing a helmet gets you a fine, then going to the head of someone who had long since lost their helmet should get you a bigger fine.

jibbons
10-05-2010, 03:29 AM
http://www.milehighreport.com/2010/10/4/1730783/josh-mcdaniels-jeff-fisher-trade-barbs-regarding-titans-cheap-play

GEM
10-05-2010, 10:42 AM
http://www.milehighreport.com/2010/10/4/1730783/josh-mcdaniels-jeff-fisher-trade-barbs-regarding-titans-cheap-play

Damn, Buck definitely gets em back. :D Love it!

I wonder if Finnegan thinks Buck is a powderpuff? :lol:

OldschoolFreak
10-05-2010, 11:27 AM
Ok, starting to feel like a dumb story but here's another funny twist on Finn:

"Tennessee Titans defensive coordinator Chuck Cecil let his hands -- one specific digit of one hand, at least -- speak louder than his words Sunday.

But while Cecil declined comment after the Tennessee Titans' loss to the Denver Broncos Sunday, at least one of his players strongly supported Cecil following the one-fingered, wrong-fingered gesture made toward officials during the second quarter at LP Field.

Tennessee cornerback Cortland Finnegan's reaction?

He called Cecil's gesture awesome"

Classy dude indeed. And funny!

Source: http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/10/03/titans-player-calls-chuck-cecils-obsene-gesture-awesome/

rcsodak
10-05-2010, 01:41 PM
It took me a number of tries, but I finally saw that Kuper's helmet was off at least 3 seconds before Finnegan went after him. If going to the head of someone who is wearing a helmet gets you a fine, then going to the head of someone who had long since lost their helmet should get you a bigger fine.
Especially when they decided just this year that once a helmet comes off, the play will be whistled dead. Wonder if McD is sending game film to the league?
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

missingnumber7
10-06-2010, 09:02 AM
Ok, starting to feel like a dumb story but here's another funny twist on Finn:

"Tennessee Titans defensive coordinator Chuck Cecil let his hands -- one specific digit of one hand, at least -- speak louder than his words Sunday.

But while Cecil declined comment after the Tennessee Titans' loss to the Denver Broncos Sunday, at least one of his players strongly supported Cecil following the one-fingered, wrong-fingered gesture made toward officials during the second quarter at LP Field.

Tennessee cornerback Cortland Finnegan's reaction?

He called Cecil's gesture awesome"

Classy dude indeed. And funny!

Source: http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/10/03/titans-player-calls-chuck-cecils-obsene-gesture-awesome/

Cecils previous actions last year when he was penalized and fined for berating an Official combined with this could lead to a 1 game suspension. The league is reviewing the situation per Peter King on SNF.