PDA

View Full Version : 7/31 Report by Turf Nazi from Broncomania

Italianmobstr7
07-31-2008, 01:59 PM
Hello Broncos Fans,

In the spirit of visiting Training Camp this morning, I wanted to give you a few quick observations and highlights from this morning's session.

Note: I will not go into the detail like some of the other threads, but I will try to give some insight to some of the latest topics that have been touched on the discussion thread. So without further delay...

We arrived during stretching exercises around 8:35am, the first horn blew and the 1st String O-line and 1st String D-line went through some formation drills. As did the 2nd String O vs. D. Hackney was swapping between 1st and 2nd teams. Really nothing of note observed other than getting the RB's vision of the cut-back lane.

2nd Horn Blew and the teams broke up into more formation drills but this time the 1st team defense was going against a practice team. Once again nothing really to see.

3rd & 4th horns, 7 on 7 drills from opposing sides of the field. Both Ramsey and Cutler looked sharp on the underneath routes and all the RB's looked great catching the ball and making cuts downfield. The main highlights of these drills were the following:

Rookie RB Ryan Torain made an impression today. He took a pitch right, and beat Jarvis Moss to the corner which drew applause from the fans. Cutler started to settle in and made some connections downfield to Keary Colbert and Brandon Marshall. Cutler's nicest pass at this point went on a sideline post to Tony Scheffler for about 30 yards, right over his shoulder perfect pass. Once again, the crowd roared. DeWayne Robertson commanding constant double teams everytime he was out there. He was in the backfield on one play where it would have been a definite sack of Cutler.

5th Horn, towards the end of practice, the coaches let the players put on a show. 11 on 11 scrimmage with live referees, 1st team offense vs. 1st team defense. Cutler still didn't have that crispness and accuracy with his throws that I would have liked to see, but his receivers were catching the ball. Cutler orchestrated a drive that eventually ended in a touchdown grab by Brandon Marshall.

Highlights: Cutler making a perfect throw on 3rd down over the middle on a button hook to Daniel Graham for about 25 yards. RB Ryan Torain catching a screen pass from Patrick Ramsey and faking the LB out of his socks (this was the 2nd team O vs. 2nd team D). Rookie S Josh Barrett breaking up passes in the Secondary, looking really good for a Rookie. Jarvis Moss playing with the first team defense on passing situations. I know he has caught a lot of ire from the Denver Media, but I think he will be fine.

Summary: This practice didn't have all of the flair that I have read about in the past week, but I think it was a practice where Shanahan used new formations that they studied previously, and they worked on it from the beginning of practice all the way through to a simulated game. I am hoping that Cutler keeps progressing, his checkdowns on secondary WR's and RB's were perfect today, and even though he wasn't as accurate as I have seen him, he still made the throws that he needed to make to move the chains. I am hopeful there is much room for improvement.

SOCALORADO.
07-31-2008, 02:05 PM
More info on Barrett, please!?!?!?!? Please!!!!!!

underrated29
07-31-2008, 02:07 PM
well get your lazy butt out to camp instead of work socal.;)

and then you can give us some reports too!