PDA

View Full Version : Nalen to have MRI

Lonestar
07-31-2008, 01:09 PM
Nalen to have a MRI on his left knee seem to think something is wrong BEHIND the knee not in it..

Just heard it on 104.3 web cast..

underrated29
07-31-2008, 01:20 PM
thats crazy. I was just on cbs checking out some fantasy stuff when i noticed they had our line as

clady,hammy,WEIGMAN,holland, pears.

I was like wtf with no kupes and pears, but weigmann--WTF?

GrayWolf
07-31-2008, 01:21 PM
Not good for the O-line. Cutler seems to already be frustrated with the line so far.

tubby
07-31-2008, 01:23 PM
Settle down. Nails will be fine. He could have it scoped next week and be fine for the season.

Lonestar
07-31-2008, 01:28 PM
Lets hope Liechtensteiner gets great SOON..

We all knew that nails is not going to be around to many more seasons.. and if he is he will be a in leadership mode, more than a huge play maker..

Retired_Member_001
07-31-2008, 03:03 PM
To be honest, I thought Nalen was going to retire by the end of the season. If this turns out to be a bad enough injury, I doubt he will come back. Of course, the probability is that it's nothing and we will see him back sometime soon

Slick
07-31-2008, 03:06 PM
I hope it's nothing serious...the young guys that will be starting definitely need his veteran leadership.

Lonestar
07-31-2008, 03:08 PM
I hope it's nothing serious...the young guys that will be starting definitely need his veteran leadership.

this is an understatement..

Slick
07-31-2008, 03:13 PM
this is an understatement..

No doubt. I'm sure Jay is thrilled. The last thing we need is a rookie C trying to shout blocking assignments to a rookie LT and a second year RT who is basically a rookie if that's how it ends up.

Lonestar
07-31-2008, 03:19 PM
No doubt. I'm sure Jay is thrilled. The last thing we need is a rookie C trying to shout blocking assignments to a rookie LT and a second year RT who is basically a rookie if that's how it ends up.

I was a strong advocate of that happening and allowing these guys to grow together now instead of making he transition over the next 3 years..

The sooner it happens the stronger they get working together..

I'd want a Loyd's of London policy on Jay though..

Brand
07-31-2008, 04:28 PM
Holland will be back before long. Weigman is a vet. Hamilton is a vet, but could be replaced by Kuper. Clady is Clady. Pears or Harris or maybe one of the guys not mentioned might sneak in there and play. Let us not get all dramatic about Nails, yet. Still a month before the season, and I am sure there will be more experimentation before the final team is set.....

Denver Native (Carol)
08-01-2008, 06:24 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8404382/MRI-finds-no-damage-in-C-Tom-Nalen's-knee?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=5

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) - A precautionary MRI turned up nothing wrong with the sore left knee of Denver Broncos center Tom Nalen.

The 14-year veteran still didn't take part in practice on Friday.

"When he feels like he's ready to go, he'll go," coach Mike Shanahan said. "When that will be, I really don't know."

Nalen huddled with members of the offensive line between plays. He kept notes and appeared to provide advice to the younger members of the team.

Nalen had arthroscopic surgery on his left knee on June 6. The MRI was done Thursday.

Shanahan said that trainer Steve Antonopulos thought the irritation was in the bursa sac beneath the knee.

Nalen has played in 194 games, including 188 starts. Only two Broncos have played in more: kicker Jason Elam, now with the Falcons, who played in 236 games, and retired quarterback John Elway, who played in 234.