PDA

View Full Version : One game at a time....

rcsodak
10-03-2010, 04:12 PM
Well, again we see Kyle dispel those that have labeled him as a "journeyman".

We've heard the "he's just a game manager".

We've heard "he has a noodle arm".

We've heard "he's immobile as my granny".

We've heard "he can't carry the team".

We've heard "he can't win a game if they're behind".

Hmmmm......

...I love what Kyle is doing. Give this guy a running game, that'll slow down the rush, and give him more time to look downfield, and WOW!

Great job, Kyle!!!!!

silkamilkamonico
10-03-2010, 04:23 PM
Great post. I'm glad to know that I was completely wrong about him as well.

scott.475
10-03-2010, 04:29 PM

Ditto me. I sure wasn't excited when we brought him in, and I am glad he has proven me wrong. To think, having a cool head (Orton) can overcome physical ability (Cutler). I should have known, but my passions got the best or me.

shank
10-03-2010, 04:30 PM

i don't care if you didn't mean this, it reeks of sincerity.

silkamilkamonico
10-03-2010, 04:35 PM
i don't care if you didn't mean this, it reeks of sincerity.

I was anti-Orton, even coming into this year. But the kid is not only playing, but playing at a high level. He's proved to me that he can not only "manage" our offense, but be explosive and dynamic with it as well. People can hate on his lack of scoring in the redzone, but people gave Cutler's play a bye in the redzone because of our "lack of running game" (which i agree with), they certainly need to do the same with Orton, who has an even worse running game. And a worse Oline as well.

titan
10-03-2010, 05:01 PM
I remember before the season hearing Orton say that this was the first time he's been completely healthy since being in Denver. He had an ankle problem the last 2 years. I notice a big improvement in his mobility. He'll never be Elway or Steve Young with the wheels but he's much better at avoiding the rush this year.

rcsodak
10-03-2010, 05:02 PM
70% completion rate
10.6ypc
7.4pya

VS #5 Pass D.

You can bet Tenn came into the game trying to stop the pass and make Denver beat them with the run. EPIC FAIL!

You could see the frustration on the Tenn D...and it's usually them that causes the other team to get frustrated, have personal penalties.

rcsodak
10-03-2010, 05:05 PM
I remember before the season hearing Orton say that this was the first time he's been completely healthy since being in Denver. He had an ankle problem the last 2 years. I notice a big improvement in his mobility. He'll never be Elway or Steve Young with the wheels but he's much better at avoiding the rush this year.

Personally, I'd like to see him throw the ball away, al Plummer, when he's looking at a sack. Last thing we need is for him to get nicked again. Not to mention the yardage that would be saved.

Northman
10-03-2010, 05:06 PM
He has been MUCH better i agree.

BroncoBJ
10-03-2010, 05:12 PM
Good thread :salute: People continue to hate on Kyle but I love the guy. Some got mad at him holding the ball too long at times and getting sacked but I'd take that over throwing an int like he did today as well. Hard to throw when you have 3 defenders in your face in 2 seconds. If we had a running game, this offense would be sick. I'm proud of what hes doing so far. :salute:

honz
10-03-2010, 07:02 PM

Hmmmm......

...I love what Kyle is doing. Give this guy a running game, that'll slow down the rush, and give him more time to look downfield, and WOW!

Great job, Kyle!!!!!
Well, sometimes a goat really is a goat.

Tned
10-03-2010, 07:07 PM

Hmmmm......

Great job, Kyle!!!!!

Yea, but his number 8 is sub par. It's mostly been worn by backups in Denver in the last few decades, so I think that means at best he's backup quality...

:lol: Kyle has been playing really well. To throw as many passes as he's thrown, with no running game, and to both have success and only a few picks is pretty impressve. It's also been great to see him show a little mobility.

atwater27
10-03-2010, 07:09 PM
There really aren't too many here that cap on Kyle. He is well liked and plays well. I've never had a problem with him.

Tned
10-03-2010, 07:14 PM
There really aren't too many here that cap on Kyle. He is well liked and plays well. I've never had a problem with him.

Me either, well except for being a statue with a noodle arm...

CHARLIEADAMSFAN
10-03-2010, 07:19 PM

He doesn't run his mouth and blame other people or act like an immature Cutler.

Tned
10-03-2010, 07:21 PM
:lol: and the McDaniels' critics always get blamed from bringing ex-players and coaches into threads... ;)

honz
10-03-2010, 07:40 PM
Hillis. Scheffler. Marshall. Cutler.

Benetto
10-03-2010, 07:43 PM
I wonder how many of you would be singing Orton's praises if that 2nd and 25 penalty wasn't called. Or that return kickoff fumble with 1:30 left would have been a successful return and score instead for Tennessee. :coffee:

I Eat Staples
10-03-2010, 08:11 PM

That's the only one that's true. :D

But yeah, Kyle Orton is looking like an elite QB. He just needs to work on his redzone play and I'll be completely satisfied. Hats off to Orton, a hard working guy, class act, and a good QB.

The Glue Factory
10-03-2010, 08:42 PM
So what a lot of people are saying, is that the coach really does know what he's doing and we should trust him more. Been there all along.

I Eat Staples
10-03-2010, 08:47 PM
So what a lot of people are saying, is that the coach really does know what he's doing and we should trust him more. Been there all along.

No. People are saying Orton is a good QB. McDaniels still isn't a good coach, sorry.

honz
10-03-2010, 08:53 PM

No one caught the goat reference?

BroncoBJ
10-03-2010, 08:56 PM
If Kyle Orton is immobile after getting sacked 6 times. I wonder what that makes Jay :lol: Dayum

rcsodak
10-03-2010, 09:42 PM

C'mon....that dude looked like Vick scrambling today.

:D

rcsodak
10-03-2010, 09:49 PM
I wonder how many of you would be singing Orton's praises if that 2nd and 25 penalty wasn't called. Or that return kickoff fumble with 1:30 left would have been a successful return and score instead for Tennessee. :coffee:

If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride. :tsk:

Thnikkaman
10-03-2010, 10:07 PM

I was ready to give up on the game on 2nd and 25. I've also been an Orton supporter since the trade. And who knows if the defender didn't commit the interference if Gaffney catches that ball.

Tned
10-03-2010, 10:10 PM
No one caught the goat reference?

Just wasn't good enough to respond to.

DenBronx
10-03-2010, 10:56 PM

Hmmmm......

Great job, Kyle!!!!!

Yes, great job Kyle.

But you've got to remember before this season some of those labels were warranted. Even in Chicago he was known for exactlly that, "a game manager." And last year it was rare to see him throw the deep ball.

You seem to be making him out as a mobile QB now? Is this how you feel? He did have an 8 yard rush but I wouldn't crown him in the Vick/Brees category of mobility just yet.

Kyle is a system QB and when placed in the right system with time to develop he will do great things.

KCL
10-03-2010, 11:05 PM
I was anti-Orton, even coming into this year. But the kid is not only playing, but playing at a high level. He's proved to me that he can not only "manage" our offense, but be explosive and dynamic with it as well. People can hate on his lack of scoring in the redzone, but people gave Cutler's play a bye in the redzone because of our "lack of running game" (which i agree with), they certainly need to do the same with Orton, who has an even worse running game. And a worse Oline as well.

You might wanna rethink that after tonights game...:eek:

DenBronx
10-03-2010, 11:24 PM
[/FONT]

You might wanna rethink that after tonights game...:eek:

I think Kyle was sacked what 5 times today? Still, we have so many changes in this area but I do think they will get it right soon.

But, Chicagos OLine has to be the worst in the NFL by far. They gave up 10 sacks and 2 concussions.

rcsodak
10-04-2010, 06:28 AM
I was ready to give up on the game on 2nd and 25. I've also been an Orton supporter since the trade. And who knows if the defender didn't commit the interference if Gaffney catches that ball.

That's why they play the game.

If that had been a bronco defender, everybody would have been calling him a dumbass, and the reason the game was lost.

The defense thought Kyle got sacked, and let up, then tried to get to the ball late, and ran into Gaff. Bing-Bang play. Obvious PI call. If you don't make the long pass attempts to stretch the field, you have the same results as last year's. Denver doesn't win this game, last year, imo.

rcsodak
10-04-2010, 06:34 AM
Yes, great job Kyle.

But you've got to remember before this season some of those labels were warranted. Even in Chicago he was known for exactlly that, "a game manager." And last year it was rare to see him throw the deep ball.

You seem to be making him out as a mobile QB now? Is this how you feel? He did have an 8 yard rush but I wouldn't crown him in the Vick/Brees category of mobility just yet.

Kyle is a system QB and when placed in the right system with time to develop he will do great things.

1. What's wrong with a "system qb"? You think Manning would be as good as he is, in a run-first system? McD WANTED Kyle BECAUSE of the system. He ran a similar system at Purdue and was a better qb than Brees. nuff said.

2. No, I'm not saying Kyle is Vick/Brees. But everybody that paid attention, KNEW he was playing on 2 flat tires last year. He can move when necessary.

3. What kind of OC did he have in Chi? How'd their new QB do, last year? Many of us were saying that given a year working with McD, and a better understanding of the offense, that he'd have his best season ever. So far, so good.

I listed what people were saying about Kyle last year. My point, is he is dispelling them, one by one. Nothing more. Nothing less.

DenBronx
10-04-2010, 08:37 AM
1. What's wrong with a "system qb"? You think Manning would be as good as he is, in a run-first system? McD WANTED Kyle BECAUSE of the system. He ran a similar system at Purdue and was a better qb than Brees. nuff said.

2. No, I'm not saying Kyle is Vick/Brees. But everybody that paid attention, KNEW he was playing on 2 flat tires last year. He can move when necessary.

3. What kind of OC did he have in Chi? How'd their new QB do, last year? Many of us were saying that given a year working with McD, and a better understanding of the offense, that he'd have his best season ever. So far, so good.

I listed what people were saying about Kyle last year. My point, is he is dispelling them, one by one. Nothing more. Nothing less.

1. Nothing's "wrong" with a system QB. Kyle fits the system. The difference between Brees and Kyle is Brees can fit ANY system while Kyle might struggle in others. Maybe in college Kyle was better but not in the NFL. Right now Brees to me is still the better QB. As far as Manning goes, he's the GENERAL. Not sure why you would want to open up this debate? Manning would be good no matter where he went or what type of offense was ran. If it was a run first offense he would still kill you when it was time to pass. Please reference both Brees and Mannings superbowl wins.

2. I think having healthy ankles allows Orton to plant better and move a little quicker but cmon....dudes not burning anyone anytime soon. Lucky our WR's are getting open quick so he doesn't have to hold on to it too long. When the pocket collapses Kyle has a hard time stepping up into the gap and scrambling for 4 or 5 yards. He is not an ideal QB for mobility. Neither is Tom Brady though. This type of offense doesn't rely on mobility, bootlegs ect.

3. Kyle played in a run first type of offense in Chicago and that's just not him. Forte had his best year under Kyle in 2008. They had a very anemic passing game. Insert Jay and and the addition of Martz they are trying to become a passing team. With the exception of last night Cutler was rated in the top 5 for QB's. Totally differant system then what he ran with Shanahan, yet still able to make it work. Point is, Kyle needs and has to have the "right system" for him to shine. Some QB's like Brees or Manning will usually do good no matter where they go.

For the record I'm glad he's dispelling them. That's why he's here.

silkamilkamonico
10-04-2010, 08:39 AM
The system QB is a moot argument.

Kurt Warner is a system QB.

Drew Brees is a system QB.

Joe Montana was a system QB.

Tom Brady looks like a system QB.

System QB is where it's at in this day and age, especially with the pass friendly rules placed in the NFL.

rcsodak
10-04-2010, 10:55 AM
The system QB is a moot argument.

Kurt Warner is a system QB.

Drew Brees is a system QB.

Joe Montana was a system QB.

Tom Brady looks like a system QB.

System QB is where it's at in this day and age, especially with the pass friendly rules placed in the NFL.
agreed!

I disagree about Brees, tho, bronx. He wasn't as good in SD, so saying he could excel in "any system" symply has no merit. Payton built his system around brees.

And compare cutler to kyle under Turner. Same OC. Some say better wr's. Kyle performed better. Apple to apples, kyle outplayed him in Chi.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

The Glue Factory
10-04-2010, 10:58 AM
No. People are saying Orton is a good QB. McDaniels still isn't a good coach, sorry.

And yet it was the HC that made it possible for him to be here. :rolleyes:

rcsodak
10-04-2010, 07:48 PM
And yet it was the HC that made it possible for him to be here. :rolleyes:

Sssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh

silkamilkamonico
10-04-2010, 07:52 PM
agreed!

I disagree about Brees, tho, bronx. He wasn't as good in SD, so saying he could excel in "any system" symply has no merit. Payton built his system around brees.

And compare cutler to kyle under Turner. Same OC. Some say better wr's. Kyle performed better. Apple to apples, kyle outplayed him in Chi.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

I wouldn't completely disagree about Brees, although I think his system, much like Orton under McDaniels, is so QB friendly and he runs it to perfection.

Peyton Manning would be nice. The problem is, less than 1% of the QB's that come into the NFL are like a Peyton manning, of John Elway, or Dan Marino. Aside from the successful system QB's, I think the system itself might be even more important.

rcsodak
10-04-2010, 08:02 PM
I wouldn't completely disagree about Brees, although I think his system, much like Orton under McDaniels, is so QB friendly and he runs it to perfection.

Peyton Manning would be nice. The problem is, less than 1% of the QB's that come into the NFL are like a Peyton manning, of John Elway, or Dan Marino. Aside from the successful system QB's, I think the system itself might be even more important.

I honestly don't think Indy needs an OC. They have one on the field. He gets to the line having 3plays ready to call, depending on the defense. Elway didn't do that...nor marino...nor young...montana...bradshaw....etc.

He will go down as THE best QB in our lifetimes, imho.