PDA

View Full Version : We set a record today! Fewest rushing yards! Yay!

scott.475
10-03-2010, 03:51 PM
When we were sitting on only 6 yards rushing today, the announcers said the Broncos record for fewest rushing yards in a game was 13, set in 1972. Today we ended the game with 19 YARDS RUSHING, for a 1 YPC AVERAGE, a new franchise record! Kyle Orton was our leading rusher, 11 yards on 3 attempts. Maroney had 11 carries for 5 yards for .45 ypc, and Bucky had 3 yards on 6 attempts for .5 yards. WOOHOO!

I'll take the win, ugly as it was, but holy crap, our run game s-u-c-k-s, sucks, sucks, sucks.

Northman
10-03-2010, 03:53 PM
We won so im happy with the win. But, this wont cut it late in the year.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
10-03-2010, 03:55 PM
I thought they said lowest was 13 yards, but maybe I'm wrong.

Either way, 19 all game.... PA-THET-IC!

Tned
10-03-2010, 03:59 PM

I think '72 was the lowest YPC, not sure if it was the lowest total.

silkamilkamonico
10-03-2010, 04:04 PM
I can't believe you're celebrating the lack of rushing yards, over the fact that Denver actually won the game.

RedFalcon
10-03-2010, 04:08 PM
I love our running game... It can't get worst!!!!! What can we do worst..running the whole game for no gain? That would be a first.... I do hope that one of these days, McD will change something in our running game. We cannot always win games with Orton passing and Defense trying to make plays. Not all teams we're gonna play against are the Titans...

scott.475
10-03-2010, 04:14 PM

I went back and checked Tivo, and you are correct, 13 was the number.

underrated29
10-03-2010, 04:22 PM
boy that knowshon moreno sucks.

scott.475
10-03-2010, 04:23 PM
I can't believe you're celebrating the lack of rushing yards, over the fact that Denver actually won the game.

Look, I am pleased as punch we won, but do you honestly have no concerns about our run game? As I said in my original post, I'll gladly take the win, but 20 yards for an entire game? Our QB was the leading rushing with 11 whole yards? I am happy as heck with our passing for the most part, and our D, but we can't afford to be a one dimensional offense, can we?

Tned
10-03-2010, 04:24 PM

Come on, give him a break. He was our only back not to get stopped behind the LOS today.... ;)

silkamilkamonico
10-03-2010, 04:30 PM
Look, I am pleased as punch we won, but do you honestly have no concerns about our run game? As I said in my original post, I'll gladly take the win, but 20 yards for an entire game? Our QB was the leading rushing with 11 whole yards? I am happy as heck with our passing for the most part, and our D, but we can't afford to be a one dimensional offense, can we?

I would say 75% of teams in the NFL have concerns. I certainly wasn't coing into this season "concern free".

Here's some points why I'm not overly concerned of the run game after today:

1) We have been bad in the run game all 4 games, actually, we've been bad dating back to the middle of the season last year. Your thread suggests shocking concern over the run game. Were you expecting it to somehow change today against Tennessee?

2) We have a decimated backfield. I would be surprised if we actually came out of today running with some success.

3) Our oline is hurt/inexperienced. We have a rookie center, which is one of the hardest positions for a rookie to play in the NFL. Clady has been struggling all year, and needs to find his groove. Ryan WIlliams? Stanley Daniels? There aren't many/if any RB's/systems that could run the ball successfully with the current state our oline is in.

Buff
10-03-2010, 04:31 PM

It's called a sense of humor.

rcsodak

It's easier to jump on the negative, silky.

I'd think beating a 2-1 team with the best rb in the league, and the #5 pass D, would be more of a headline......but that's just me. :coffee:

New Headline Idea:

Orton Sacked 6X! Only 2/7 in TD's/RedZone! Bring in Tebow!!!!!

:lol:

LRtagger
Moreno's 2.5 looks pretty good right about now haha.

Am I the only person here who would prefer to see a 3rd and 4 or 5 rather than a 3rd and 1? I feel like we have a better chance picking up 5 yards through the air than 1 yard on the ground.

When we were down on the 1 at the end of the game and got that illegal formation penalty that pushed us back to the 6, I was actually relieved because I didnt think we could punch it in from the 1.

rcsodak
10-03-2010, 04:35 PM
Come on, give him a break. He was our only back not to get stopped behind the LOS today.... ;)

The problem today, was Tenn was shooting the gaps on the way to Orton, and meeting the rb's head-on.

This was the 1st game back for Harris....2nd for Kuper. As long as nobody goes down, AGAIN, they'll hopefully start gelling every time they're out there.

I saw some nice runs, finally, but they were negated by holding calls. Maybe Denver should start changing their glove colors to match their opponents, so holding isn't so obvious.

Tned
10-03-2010, 04:35 PM

Am I the only person here who would prefer to see a 3rd and 4 or 5 rather than a 3rd and 1? I feel like we have a better chance picking up 5 yards through the air than 1 yard on the ground.

When we were down on the 1 at the end of the game and got that illegal formation penalty that pushed us back to the 6, I was actually relieved because I didnt think we could punch it in from the 1.

No, I wouldn't rather have the 3rd and 5, but I understand what you're saying. The fact that we run a shotgun play on 3rd and 1 goes a long way to what you are saying. I found that play kind of ironic due to the press conference where McD said running shotgun on the goal line would have been idiotic (or whatever it was he said).

rcsodak
10-03-2010, 04:55 PM

....have your nipples grown....???? :eek:

Northman
10-03-2010, 05:02 PM

I believe that would be sarcasm, not celebrating.

Northman
10-03-2010, 05:03 PM

Indeed. Can we just cut them all and start over?

DenBronx
10-03-2010, 07:05 PM
I chose the lesser of the three evils at this point. Moreno is at least a threat in the passing game and is still getting the first downs. He just needs to heal from this nagging injury and I think he will actually put up 3 ypc. With 2 weeks off I hope he's ready to go next week....cuz Maroney sucks!

horsepig
10-03-2010, 07:24 PM
The run game will come around some as we go on. The line needs some time, I just hope we've got the time to give them.

I Eat Staples
10-03-2010, 08:07 PM
Am I the only person here who would prefer to see a 3rd and 4 or 5 rather than a 3rd and 1?

Nope, I'm here.

Our running game is as bad as our 08 defense was.

I watched the Eagles game, and LeSean McCoy looked absolutely amazing in space. He made at least one person miss on 90% of his touches. He's fast, elusive, and has good vision. How was he taken after Moreno and Wells? Damn I wish we drafted McCoy.

Bosco
10-03-2010, 08:22 PM
I do hope that one of these days, McD will change something in our running game. Unless he has some magic wand he can wave, I think we're pretty much stuck with it until our offensive line starts playing like a cohesive unit.

gregbroncs
10-03-2010, 08:48 PM
While not being able to run is a concern. I guess I'm not as worried as some. The O-line is young and inexperienced or coming off of injuries and our best back is out. Also they seem to be using bubble screens and quick outs in lieu of an actual run to help compensate and keep defenses guessing.

They need to get better running for sure. But lets see if this OL can get on the same page and get better at opening holes.