LRtagger
10-03-2010, 02:05 PM
Get this bum out of Denver please.

Elevation inc
10-03-2010, 02:12 PM
im in on that action as well.....f'in garbage

LRtagger
10-03-2010, 02:15 PM
We have the worst special teams coverage in the league bar none.

Northman
10-03-2010, 02:23 PM
Its one of McD's guys so i doubt that happens.

LRtagger
10-03-2010, 02:25 PM
I dont give a damn who's guy it is. We have some solid players on special teams, but somehow this douche turns them into ghosts on the field.

Priefer is entering Slowik territory.

Northman
10-03-2010, 02:28 PM
I dont give a damn who's guy it is. We have some solid players on special teams, but somehow this douche turns them into ghosts on the field.

Priefer is entering Slowik territory.

Well, my only point is we saw how it went down with Slowik when Shanahan refused to get rid of him. Sometimes HC's can be hard headed when it comes to getting rid of coaches who arent cutting it.

Elevation inc
10-03-2010, 02:41 PM

um wasnt Pfier here before?????

Northman
10-03-2010, 02:42 PM
um wasnt Pfier here before?????

No idea. If he was he shouldnt have been but considering he is still here McD liked something about him. He's the HC so i guess he thought Pfieffer was great. :confused:

Lonestar
10-03-2010, 03:02 PM
Well, my only point is we saw how it went down with Slowik when Shanahan refused to get rid of him. Sometimes HC's can be hard headed when it comes to getting rid of coaches who arent cutting it.

Have you seen any sign that Josh won't get rid of players or staff that are not cutting it.

The scouting cabal is gone, the co GM is gone, many of the old coaches are gone, numerous players are gone EVEN his draftees.

I do not see Josh as afraid to make tough decisions.

LRtagger
10-03-2010, 03:26 PM
If not for this turd we win this game easily. We also win at Jacksonville and are sitting at 3-1.

Seriously this is the worst I have felt about a coach since Slowik.

Buff
10-03-2010, 03:33 PM
Jarvis Moss ended up flat on his back (literally) on that KR for a touchdown...

Just sayin.

UnderArmour
10-03-2010, 03:35 PM
Didn't the kickoff team get the ball back for us and closed out the game?

LRtagger
Jarvis Moss ended up flat on his back (literally) on that KR for a touchdown...

Just sayin.

Yea he did but not another player came within 5 yards of touching the guy.

tomjonesrocks
We have the worst special teams coverage in the league bar none.

San Diego actually might have worse special teams coaching/players than the Broncos do... :beer:

Buff
10-03-2010, 03:38 PM
Yea he did but not another player came within 5 yards of touching the guy.

Oh it was poor coverage all around, I just like to take every opportunity to point out how worthless Moss is. Has he ever done anything positive in a reg. season game? I guess he got credited with that sack in mop up duty earlier this year. Other than that? Not much.

Northman
10-03-2010, 03:40 PM
Have you seen any sign that Josh won't get rid of players or staff that are not cutting it.

The scouting cabal is gone, the co GM is gone, many of the old coaches are gone, numerous players are gone EVEN his draftees.

I do not see Josh as afraid to make tough decisions.

Well yea.

Pfieffer was bad before he got here and it hasnt changed. lmao

Elevation inc
10-03-2010, 03:40 PM
i change my stance just for today hahaha....happens again and im back on the fire train though......

Elevation inc
10-03-2010, 03:41 PM
so tired of seeing jarvis moss suck everywhere though...we better cut ties with him and like yesterday......darrel reid call us when your healed...PLEASE!!!!!!!

LRtagger
10-03-2010, 03:43 PM
Didn't the kickoff team get the ball back for us and closed out the game?

It was a rookie mistake by their rookie kick returner.

We are 25th in opponent KR ave and 29th in punt return ave. That is without today's game.

We are lucky Prater kicks half his kickoffs into the endzone.

Bosco
10-03-2010, 08:10 PM

I think anybody who has watched Josh repeatedly tear this guy a new ass would probably be disavowed of that notion, plus after going over his resume, I can't find any kind of link between the two of them.

Anyways, I definitely think his job is in serious jeopardy at this point. If we don't make a pretty massive turn around with the coverage units I bet he is looking for a job come the offseason.

dogfish
10-03-2010, 09:07 PM
shoulda got bobby april in the offseason when we had the chance. . .

Northman
10-03-2010, 09:09 PM
shoulda got bobby april in the offseason when we had the chance. . .

Like i said, McD evidently saw something in Pfieffer to make him want to retain him on the team. Cant say what that was but..... :lol:

honz
10-03-2010, 09:11 PM
Weren't our coverage teams pretty good last year?

Northman
10-03-2010, 09:13 PM
Weren't our coverage teams pretty good last year?

I think they improved a little but it wasnt mind blowing.

HORSEPOWER 56
10-03-2010, 09:17 PM
So, where's the "Fire Clancy Barone" thread? I'm ready to subscribe to that one, too.

HORSEPOWER 56
10-03-2010, 09:20 PM
Like i said, McD evidently saw something in Pfieffer to make him want to retain him on the team. Cant say what that was but..... :lol:

I have a feeling it was Eddie Royal's huge game against SD last year that probably saved Priefer's job.

Oh, another thing... why is Eddie returning punts again? Cox hasn't done anything special, but why don't they give Syd'Quan a shot? He looked magnificent in the preseason. He suits up and plays STs every week why not let him try before we get Royal hurt again???

Northman
10-03-2010, 09:25 PM
I have a feeling it was Eddie Royal's huge game against SD last year that probably saved Priefer's job.

Oh, another thing... why is Eddie returning punts again? Cox hasn't done anything special, but why don't they give Syd'Quan a shot? He looked magnificent in the preseason. He suits up and plays STs every week why not let him try before we get Royal hurt again???

Thats what i was wondering too. Im guessing at this point its just the experience factor. Having a rookie back there i guess makes McD too uneasy right now.

Buff
10-03-2010, 09:35 PM

I think it's an important enough role that McD wants to put his best player there... Plus Eddie is a slot WR, so he's not asked to do quite as much (still really active) but not quite as much as in Shanny's offense.

McD also said that after today he plans to use D-Thomas as a KR more often.

HORSEPOWER 56
10-03-2010, 09:46 PM
I think it's an important enough role that McD wants to put his best player there... Plus Eddie is a slot WR, so he's not asked to do quite as much (still really active) but not quite as much as in Shanny's offense.

McD also said that after today he plans to use D-Thomas as a KR more often.

I think we should use DT as often as possible any way we can. The dude is special. He has that super-rare size, speed, strength combo that makes him dangerous whenever he touches the ball. I loved watching him return kicks and actually deliver some punishment (he blew some guy up on his second return).

Personally, I'd like to see KO, give him more red-zone looks and a few more shots at fades and jump balls. Unfortunately, today was a bad day for him (the Titans were actually covering him pretty heavily which freed up Lloyd and Royal a lot) and almost all the throws his way didn't have much of a chance for a completion.

Bosco
10-03-2010, 11:05 PM
So, where's the "Fire Clancy Barone" thread? I'm ready to subscribe to that one, too.

Why would you want to fire Clancy Barone?

TXBRONC
10-03-2010, 11:09 PM

The announcers kept saying that McDaniels made the switch for ball security reasons.

BroncoJoe
10-03-2010, 11:22 PM
Always something to complain about.

smh.

honz
10-03-2010, 11:50 PM
Always something to complain about.

smh.
I don't like your posting style. I would have capitalized "SMH."

Buff
10-03-2010, 11:54 PM
Does complaining about complainers qualify?

honz
10-03-2010, 11:58 PM
Does complaining about complainers qualify?
Excellent point.

arapaho2
10-04-2010, 10:48 AM
It was a rookie mistake by their rookie kick returner.

We are 25th in opponent KR ave and 29th in punt return ave. That is without today's game.

We are lucky Prater kicks half his kickoffs into the endzone.

problem is i havent seen prater kick one into the endzone in any place but denver

BroncoWave
10-04-2010, 10:55 AM
problem is i havent seen prater kick one into the endzone in any place but denver

It was very cold and windy yesterday, that makes it really hard to kick. Also, he did have one touchback early in the game.

Also, almost all of his kickoffs were in the 2nd and 4th quarters when he was going into the wind.

arapaho2
10-04-2010, 05:47 PM
It was very cold and windy yesterday, that makes it really hard to kick. Also, he did have one touchback early in the game.

Also, almost all of his kickoffs were in the 2nd and 4th quarters when he was going into the wind.

lets hope so cause thats our only hope of limiting their field position after ko's

BroncoWave
10-04-2010, 06:36 PM
lets hope so cause thats our only hope of limiting their field position after ko's

To be exact, 5 of his 7 kickoffs in the game were into a stiff wind. Of the 2 he kicked with the wind, 1 went for a touchback. The wind also got alot stronger as the game went on.