PDA

View Full Version : Manny Ramriez is a POS

Medford Bronco
07-30-2008, 10:01 PM
Even though I am a Dodger fan, I also love my hometown Sox 2nd after LA.

Manny Ramirez is a douche right now.

He needs to go. I hope the Sox get Jason Bay and get rid of this oversized 3 year old crybaby who has not hustled in years. Thank God I dont have to show my son Manny being a role model. Manny Sucks.

Dustin Pedrioa is a role model over this jerk. :mad:
This has been a bad week for Sox fans as the Yanks and Angels got marketly better and the Sox are playing like crap.

Here is the Yahoo story

Did Manny just cash his ticket to Miami with this quote?
By 'Duk
Earlier this afternoon, the Marlins were said to be holding a slim chance of pulling of a trade for Manny Ramirez.

But after reading tonight's bellyache du jour from the man himself I'd be willing to bet that motivated sellers on Miami's Star Island might be able to soon unload their property on a newly-located Ramirez.

From ESPNDeportes:

"The Red Sox don't deserve a player like me," Ramirez said. "During my years here, I've seen how they [the Red Sox] have mistreated other great players when they didn't want them to try to turn the fans against them.

"The Red Sox did the same with guys like Nomar Garciaparra and Pedro Martinez, and now they do the same with me. Their goal is to paint me as the bad guy," Ramirez added. "I love Boston fans, but the Red Sox don't deserve me. I'm not talking about money. Mental peace has no price, and I don't have peace here."

I have never understood the issues that Ramirez has with a city and fanbase that throws itself at its baseball stars, but I've always thought the Manny headache was one worth tolerating for the Red Sox. After this statement, which basically dares Boston to go ahead and trade him, I'm not so sure. If the Red Sox can work out this three-way trade that lands them Jason Bay from the Pirates, it's time to go ahead and do it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Did-Manny-just-cash-his-ticket-to-Miami-with-thi;_ylt=AgdK7ha1RhQKS4kze.KcIV85nYcB?urn=mlb,9745 8

Chidoze
07-30-2008, 11:49 PM
This picture is worth a thousand words.......

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/tools/med/2008/07/ipt/1217477867.jpg

This has gotten bad for both parties. There's only one thing left to do now. I love ManRam as a player but this is ridiculous

sneakers
07-31-2008, 01:38 AM
Does he have any options left? Send him down to AAA, that would be funny :laugh:

Medford Bronco
07-31-2008, 07:44 AM
Does he have any options left? Send him down to AAA, that would be funny :laugh:

lol he has no options left sneakers but I like the way you think :salute:

Medford Bronco
07-31-2008, 07:44 AM
This picture is worth a thousand words.......

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/tools/med/2008/07/ipt/1217477867.jpg

This has gotten bad for both parties. There's only one thing left to do now. I love ManRam as a player but this is ridiculous

its sad he has to be such a baby about all of this.

one of the best hitters of all time
but one of the dumbest when it comes to common sense as well

Denver Native (Carol)
07-31-2008, 04:12 PM
Even though I am a Dodger fan, I also love my hometown Sox 2nd after LA.

Manny Ramirez is a douche right now.

He needs to go. I hope the Sox get Jason Bay and get rid of this oversized 3 year old crybaby who has not hustled in years. Thank God I dont have to show my son Manny being a role model. Manny Sucks.

Dustin Pedrioa is a role model over this jerk. :mad:
This has been a bad week for Sox fans as the Yanks and Angels got marketly better and the Sox are playing like crap.

Here is the Yahoo story

Did Manny just cash his ticket to Miami with this quote?
By 'Duk
Earlier this afternoon, the Marlins were said to be holding a slim chance of pulling of a trade for Manny Ramirez.

But after reading tonight's bellyache du jour from the man himself I'd be willing to bet that motivated sellers on Miami's Star Island might be able to soon unload their property on a newly-located Ramirez.

From ESPNDeportes:

"The Red Sox don't deserve a player like me," Ramirez said. "During my years here, I've seen how they [the Red Sox] have mistreated other great players when they didn't want them to try to turn the fans against them.

"The Red Sox did the same with guys like Nomar Garciaparra and Pedro Martinez, and now they do the same with me. Their goal is to paint me as the bad guy," Ramirez added. "I love Boston fans, but the Red Sox don't deserve me. I'm not talking about money. Mental peace has no price, and I don't have peace here."

I have never understood the issues that Ramirez has with a city and fanbase that throws itself at its baseball stars, but I've always thought the Manny headache was one worth tolerating for the Red Sox. After this statement, which basically dares Boston to go ahead and trade him, I'm not so sure. If the Red Sox can work out this three-way trade that lands them Jason Bay from the Pirates, it's time to go ahead and do it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Did-Manny-just-cash-his-ticket-to-Miami-with-thi;_ylt=AgdK7ha1RhQKS4kze.KcIV85nYcB?urn=mlb,9745 8

OOPS Med - looks like he is going to your FAVORITE TEAM - You can't get away from him: :tsk:

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080731&content_id=3231231&vkey=trade2008&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Sources: Manny to LA, Bay to Boston
MLB.com

Manny Ramirez is going to the Dodgers.

The Red Sox, Dodgers and Pirates have agreed to a deal, according to sources, in which Ramirez will go to Los Angeles, outfielder Jason Bay will go from Pittsburgh to Boston and the Pirates will receive outfielder Brandon Moss and pitcher Craig Hansen from the Red Sox and third baseman Andy LaRoche and pitcher Bryan Morris from the Dodgers.

The Pirates have called a 5:30 p.m. ET press conference.

Snapping Turtle
07-31-2008, 04:13 PM
I am so mad he went to LA. :tsk:

Requiem / The Dagda
07-31-2008, 04:15 PM
Medford = Owned.

Medford Bronco
07-31-2008, 04:30 PM
Medford = Owned.

Yeah but the Dodgers might get better.

I still want to puke though.

Good for the Sox I guess I am partially happy lol

Torre can handle him I think:confused::lol:

Chidoze
07-31-2008, 06:51 PM
Talk about ironic, Med. Manny going from your #2 favorite, to your #1 favorite team.....:shocked:

Cant wait to see Manny being Manny in L.A. :lol:

Benetto
07-31-2008, 07:23 PM
Welcome to LA Manny...I was hoping this would go down...

BroncoBJ
07-31-2008, 07:33 PM
:lol: Manny

BigDaddyBronco
07-31-2008, 07:43 PM
Med, I'm not a Manny fan, but I don't remember Red Sox fans having a problem with Manny-being-Manny when he was a big part of them winning 2 WS after 85 years of futility.

Would they have won without Manny? Don't know? It's also hard to put up with his stuff year after year, but he is still going to be a Red Sox HOFer.

Devilspawn
07-31-2008, 08:11 PM
I love Manny. He is a fun part of this game. Who was that guy who he was just stroking the guy's hair and then putting his arm around him? Had the announcers were crying "Make it stop! Make it stop!"

I want him in The Bronx next year. I'll take the bad with the good because when you list all those Manny being Manny incidents, they are DWARFED by his clutch hits. DWARFED. And I'm glad he's out of Boston. He's my favorite non-Yankee of all time along with Dave Henderson.

P.S. Ha ha Med. :D

Medford Bronco
07-31-2008, 09:21 PM
P.S. Ha ha Med. :D

:laugh: lol DS

Yes I guess I got owned like Dream said, but remember I live here and have read about this crap for Years. He was a cancer on this years Sox team, no question.

I hope the Dodgers win the division at least. Torre can handle all types so He might do well. Its not like I will ever root against any of my teams.

Romanowski was a POS on the Broncos but helped win 2 SBs.
so root for your team without liking the player.

and BigDaddyBronco. I have loathed Manny since he did not run out a ground ball in 2001 when he just went into the dugout without running. If I were the pitcher for Tampa I would have thrown the ball into the stands and Manny would have been out because of being out of the baseline.

I am a purist. I love the NL over the AL because of strategy.

I pitched through high school and the pitchers hit.
I love that Carlos Zambrano is a great hitter. Its awesome for the game. Just my take

Medford Bronco
07-31-2008, 09:54 PM
I got this from another board.

He really is a POG.

From Peter Gammons blog, I had a feeling things were a lot uglier than we were hearing through the media and they knew things could only get worse:

The text message from Alex Cora came not long after the deal was done. "I am very sad," wrote Cora, one of the game's best and brightest people. "I am happy for him because he wanted it, but he is a great guy. He taught me a lot. I will miss him."

That is what's so sad about the way the Red Sox had to spend $7 million, and trade two very good young players named Brandon Moss and Craig Hansen, to be able to trade Manny Ramirez to the Dodgers so they could get Jason Bay from the Pirates. But the way the past month had gone, there was no chance -- none, zilch, nada -- that Boston could make the playoffs with Ramirez on the team. In his mind, he had completed his obligation for the guaranteed $168 million the Red Sox paid him, and he was waiting to go on the market and collect the $100 million over the next four seasons he believes he is going to get, which would pay him through the age of 40.

He used sycophants to insult ownership and everyone in authority, and one player who really cares for Ramirez said he knew Ramirez could sit the last two months, collect his final $7 million and ride off into the $100 million sunset. The Red Sox knew that, as well. They already had threatened him with an unpaid suspension, but in a world in which the union fights for those who don't work, the last two months were going to be a living hell of sit-down strikes, followed by suspensions. It would have been a half-season of what the past two weeks have been, namely a choke hold on the team's baseball culture.
[/quote]

BroncoBJ
07-31-2008, 09:56 PM
I wish Manny would have screwed Boston over worse. :elefant:

Medford Bronco
07-31-2008, 10:03 PM
I wish Manny would have screwed Boston over worse. :elefant:

I like you Jay but that is rotten

sorry but Manny sucks with his attitude. He is a jerkoff

I hate Manny even more than Bill Bellicheck and I think Bellicheck is pond scum, so Manny is lower than pond scum

BigDaddyBronco
07-31-2008, 10:06 PM
:laugh: lol DS

Yes I guess I got owned like Dream said, but remember I live here and have read about this crap for Years. He was a cancer on this years Sox team, no question.

I hope the Dodgers win the division at least. Torre can handle all types so He might do well. Its not like I will ever root against any of my teams.

Romanowski was a POS on the Broncos but helped win 2 SBs.
so root for your team without liking the player.

and BigDaddyBronco. I have loathed Manny since he did not run out a ground ball in 2001 when he just went into the dugout without running. If I were the pitcher for Tampa I would have thrown the ball into the stands and Manny would have been out because of being out of the baseline.

I am a purist. I love the NL over the AL because of strategy.

I pitched through high school and the pitchers hit.
I love that Carlos Zambrano is a great hitter. Its awesome for the game. Just my take
I understand where you are coming from. Reminds me of Sammy Sosa's last year with the Cubs. You can only put up with so much as an organization.

Oh, and GO CUBBIES!!!!!!

BroncoBJ
07-31-2008, 10:06 PM
I like you Jay but that is rotten

sorry but Manny sucks with his attitude. He is a jerkoff

I hate Manny even more than Bill Bellicheck and I think Bellicheck is pond scum, so Manny is lower than pond scum

Well I'd rather have Manny get his way then Boston. I'm mean like that :eek:
I love what hes doing and how hes pissing off his teammates and his fans.

and :lol: @ lower then Pond Scum. Well he got what he wanted at least.
You should be happy for the guy. :lol:

Medford Bronco
07-31-2008, 10:10 PM
Well I'd rather have Manny get his way then Boston. I'm mean like that :eek:
I love what hes doing and how hes pissing off his teammates and his fans.

and :lol: @ lower then Pond Scum. Well he got what he wanted at least.
You should be happy for the guy. :lol:

If I had my way he would have ended up on the Washington Nationals so he could suffer like he did to a lot of good people here.

I hope Jason Bay goes off and the Sox shut up a lot of people.

It would be funny and make Manny the little school girl look like a fool.

BigDaddyBronco
07-31-2008, 10:20 PM
If I had my way he would have ended up on the Washington Nationals so he could suffer like he did to a lot of good people here.

I hope Jason Bay goes off and the Sox shut up a lot of people.

It would be funny and make Manny the little school girl look like a fool.
Jason Bay is a pretty good player. It's easy to overlook what someone is doing when they play on the Pirates, but he can play.

I think the best would be Manny getting a much lower contract next year due to his attitude. That would be poetic justice.

Medford Bronco
07-31-2008, 10:29 PM
I had to post this :lol:

perfectly sums up the fruitcake

http://cache.boston.com/images/bostondirtdogs//BDD_MR_wood_7.31.08_Jbou.jpg

In-com-plete
07-31-2008, 11:41 PM
I know one thing Med. Our Dodgers are a ton better today than they were a week ago. Adding Blake and Planet Man-Ram makes this team legit.

I'm not gonna sit here and say Manny's not a POS for doing what he's done. But facts are facts and Manny can still mash.

To give up what we did we got a hell of a deal. Pittsburgh made out like bandits. And Boston got ripped off. Bad! You give up Moss, Manny, and a pitcher. Pay the remaining 7 mill on Mannys deal. And get Bay. Who stat wise is practically identical to Manny this year.

The other winners in this deal . . . . every single AL team. Especially the Yanks, D-Rays, and other playoff hopefull team in the AL.

But think about this lineup if Furcal can come back:

Furcal
Kemp
Martin
Manny
Kent
Loney
Blake
Ethier / Jones / Pierre

Welcome to LA Manny. Or should I say welcome to planet Man-Ram LA.

slim
07-31-2008, 11:43 PM
I agree, he is a POS.

elsid13
08-01-2008, 04:52 AM
Jason Bay is a pretty good player. It's easy to overlook what someone is doing when they play on the Pirates, but he can play.

I think the best would be Manny getting a much lower contract next year due to his attitude. That would be poetic justice.

He was a good player in NL and low interest team. What happen when he feels the spotlight in Boston, not all players can withstand that attention

What pissed me off about the trade is we gave away a very good arm in Hanson and OF (Moss) showed he could play at ML level. The good news there we have a number of young OF at the AAA and AA that help on the Moss lose. Freaking Manny.

Medford Bronco
08-01-2008, 08:36 AM
I usually dont agree with Gerry Calahan but he hit a grand slam with this article.

Spot on Gerry :beer:

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/basebal...ticleid=1110406

No Dodging it: Manny Ramirez just a bad, bad man
By Gerry Callahan

Friday, August 1, 2008 - Updated 3h ago
A number of Red Sox [team stats] players were asked if they could make the short walk to a tent that was set up just outside the ballpark and say a quick hello to the kids.

There were 32 teenagers on the trip to Fort Myers this year, all big Red Sox fans, all battling cancer. Two of them had just lost a leg to the disease. Many were making their first trip to Red Sox camp, and some would never be back.

Most of the players didn’t hesitate to visit the kids because that’s what most players do - the decent thing, the right thing. Jason Varitek [stats] went down, so did David Ortiz [stats] and Kevin Youkilis [stats] and, of course, Tim Wakefield [stats], who quietly and selflessly does anything the folks at the Jimmy Fund ask of him.

They signed a few autographs and posed for photographs. They brought smiles to the faces of some kids who hadn’t had many reasons to smile. It was no big deal for the players, but a very big deal for the patients.

Of course, there was one Sox player who couldn’t be bothered to visit the kids because he never can be bothered. The kids loved him, but he didn’t give a damn about them. That’s how it works in Manny Ramirez [stats]’ world. You serve him or you serve no purpose at all.

The tent was no more than 90 feet from the ballpark, which means Ramirez could have been there in 5.7 seconds, even going his usual half-speed.

But he declined this year, just as he has declined for the last six. And, as always, no one was surprised. Why should he care about a bunch of sick teenagers when he doesn’t care about his teammates or his manager or the fans who enabled him and apologized for him for 7 1/2 years?

Well, you can say goodbye to the bad guy now. Good riddance to bad rubbish. Maybe Jason Bay will not be quite the cleanup hitter that Ramirez was (then again, maybe he will be), but we know this much before he even takes the field for the Red Sox: He is a better fielder, a better baserunner, a better teammate, a better person.

He probably won’t fake a knee injury, or slap a teammate, or throw a 64-year-old man to the ground because he couldn’t make tickets magically appear. He won’t give the manager ulcers or spit in the owners’ eye or treat the paying customers like suckers.

Just a guess here, but the kids from the Jimmy Fund Clinic are making the trip to Chicago next week. Bay will probably say hello.

There was always something uneasy about the love and adoration that Red Sox fans showered on Ramirez. The hard-hitting half-wit was born with the ability to put a bat on ball better than most mortals, but that’s where his virtues end. He doesn’t play the game right. Too often he doesn’t play the game hard. He cares about his contract and his hair and not much else.

He didn’t care about the wounded troops at Walter Reed Army Medical Center this past February. When most of his teammates, including all of the big stars, made the trip to Washington, he stayed behind. Probably no one on the team had the ability to make a down-on-his-luck Sox fan smile like Manny Ramirez did, but as usual, Ramirez couldn’t be bothered. As usual, teammates, fans and media made excuses for him. Again, the great hitter was allowed to be a rotten human being.

In a way, Ramirez represents the worst of professional sports - a man who is idolized because he has one, God-given physical skill. Some fans who would boo a player for popping up with the bases loaded had no problem cheering Ramirez days after he assaulted Red Sox traveling secretary Jack McCormick, a terrific gentleman who is almost 30 years older than the slugger.

According to his old high school coach, Ramirez promised to buy bats and balls and uniforms - things he could have gotten for free - for his needy alma mater. Last we checked, 17 years after he left school for the pros, the kids were still waiting. Their idol, their hero, the man who has made almost $200 million since he left George Washington High School in the Bronx, just couldn’t be bothered.

Red Sox owners treated Manny the Mutt like Leona Helmsley treated her Maltese. This season, reigning National League MVP Jimmy Rollins has been benched twice by the Phillies for violating team rules. As far as we know, Manny has never been benched or suspended by the Sox. The owners literally knocked down walls for him, making the Sox clubhouse more comfortable for this spoiled child.

And how does he repay them for their love and loyalty? By calling them liars and backstabbers. By saying they don’t deserve a player like him.

And in the end, he was right about that. The Red Sox [team stats] deserve better, and yesterday they got that in Bay. Maybe not a better hitter, but a better all-around player and a much better teammate.

In a way, Jason Bay has it easy. He is replacing a Hall of Famer, but when he walks into the clubhouse today, 24 players and one very relieved manager will welcome him like schoolgirls greeting Zac Efron. They’ll be happy to see him and even happier to see the bad guy gone.

Everyone can just relax and play baseball now. Manny is where he belongs. He’s a Dodger. The team formerly known as “Dem Bums” just got the biggest bum of them all.

LRtagger
08-01-2008, 09:04 AM
As a Boston fan I am glad Manny is gone. Seems like every year we have a handle on the East until right around mid July when the trade deadline approaches. Manny starts his thing and the team stumbles into August. Luckily it is a thing of the past now and the team can start to concentrate on winning again.

The crappy thing is Hansen was a stud. He had incredible stuff and was going to be a great 8th inning guy in a couple years. His command hasn't been very good, but his stuff is just nasty. I'm surprised no one has been talking about him.

I almost wish they had given up Okajima instead. He has struggled and now that the league has seen him for almost two years, his stuff is not surprising anyone. We got raped on this deal just because Manny is a douchenozzle. I'm also a little upset that we GAVE UP a middle reliever and didnt pick one up. Middle relief has been this team's weakspot all season.

The Pirates are going to be a dangerous team in a few years!

In-com-plete
08-01-2008, 04:22 PM
It's funny a story is written about how Manny won't visit sick kids after he's gone. Just like how you didn't hear a single bad thing about Nomar in Boston until he was shipped out.
I'm not saying either or both of them are good guys. All I'm saying is, it's total BS to hold that story until Manny's gone.

elsid13
08-01-2008, 06:08 PM
As a Boston fan I am glad Manny is gone. Seems like every year we have a handle on the East until right around mid July when the trade deadline approaches. Manny starts his thing and the team stumbles into August. Luckily it is a thing of the past now and the team can start to concentrate on winning again.

The crappy thing is Hansen was a stud. He had incredible stuff and was going to be a great 8th inning guy in a couple years. His command hasn't been very good, but his stuff is just nasty. I'm surprised no one has been talking about him.

I almost wish they had given up Okajima instead. He has struggled and now that the league has seen him for almost two years, his stuff is not surprising anyone. We got raped on this deal just because Manny is a douchenozzle. I'm also a little upset that we GAVE UP a middle reliever and didnt pick one up. Middle relief has been this team's weakspot all season.

The Pirates are going to be a dangerous team in a few years!

The problem is no one wants Okie. Hanson has been the pitcher all the other clubs have been asking for this year when comes to a trade. The Front Office must of thought it would better to send Hanson then Bard or Bowden who have higher potential to be very good pitchers.

Chidoze
08-03-2008, 09:04 PM
I usually dont agree with Gerry Calahan but he hit a grand slam with this article.

Spot on Gerry :beer:

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/basebal...ticleid=1110406

No Dodging it: Manny Ramirez just a bad, bad man
By Gerry Callahan

Friday, August 1, 2008 - Updated 3h ago
A number of Red Sox [team stats] players were asked if they could make the short walk to a tent that was set up just outside the ballpark and say a quick hello to the kids.

There were 32 teenagers on the trip to Fort Myers this year, all big Red Sox fans, all battling cancer. Two of them had just lost a leg to the disease. Many were making their first trip to Red Sox camp, and some would never be back.

Most of the players didn’t hesitate to visit the kids because that’s what most players do - the decent thing, the right thing. Jason Varitek [stats] went down, so did David Ortiz [stats] and Kevin Youkilis [stats] and, of course, Tim Wakefield [stats], who quietly and selflessly does anything the folks at the Jimmy Fund ask of him.

They signed a few autographs and posed for photographs. They brought smiles to the faces of some kids who hadn’t had many reasons to smile. It was no big deal for the players, but a very big deal for the patients.

Of course, there was one Sox player who couldn’t be bothered to visit the kids because he never can be bothered. The kids loved him, but he didn’t give a damn about them. That’s how it works in Manny Ramirez [stats]’ world. You serve him or you serve no purpose at all.

The tent was no more than 90 feet from the ballpark, which means Ramirez could have been there in 5.7 seconds, even going his usual half-speed.

But he declined this year, just as he has declined for the last six. And, as always, no one was surprised. Why should he care about a bunch of sick teenagers when he doesn’t care about his teammates or his manager or the fans who enabled him and apologized for him for 7 1/2 years?

Well, you can say goodbye to the bad guy now. Good riddance to bad rubbish. Maybe Jason Bay will not be quite the cleanup hitter that Ramirez was (then again, maybe he will be), but we know this much before he even takes the field for the Red Sox: He is a better fielder, a better baserunner, a better teammate, a better person.

He probably won’t fake a knee injury, or slap a teammate, or throw a 64-year-old man to the ground because he couldn’t make tickets magically appear. He won’t give the manager ulcers or spit in the owners’ eye or treat the paying customers like suckers.

Just a guess here, but the kids from the Jimmy Fund Clinic are making the trip to Chicago next week. Bay will probably say hello.

There was always something uneasy about the love and adoration that Red Sox fans showered on Ramirez. The hard-hitting half-wit was born with the ability to put a bat on ball better than most mortals, but that’s where his virtues end. He doesn’t play the game right. Too often he doesn’t play the game hard. He cares about his contract and his hair and not much else.

He didn’t care about the wounded troops at Walter Reed Army Medical Center this past February. When most of his teammates, including all of the big stars, made the trip to Washington, he stayed behind. Probably no one on the team had the ability to make a down-on-his-luck Sox fan smile like Manny Ramirez did, but as usual, Ramirez couldn’t be bothered. As usual, teammates, fans and media made excuses for him. Again, the great hitter was allowed to be a rotten human being.

In a way, Ramirez represents the worst of professional sports - a man who is idolized because he has one, God-given physical skill. Some fans who would boo a player for popping up with the bases loaded had no problem cheering Ramirez days after he assaulted Red Sox traveling secretary Jack McCormick, a terrific gentleman who is almost 30 years older than the slugger.

According to his old high school coach, Ramirez promised to buy bats and balls and uniforms - things he could have gotten for free - for his needy alma mater. Last we checked, 17 years after he left school for the pros, the kids were still waiting. Their idol, their hero, the man who has made almost $200 million since he left George Washington High School in the Bronx, just couldn’t be bothered.

Red Sox owners treated Manny the Mutt like Leona Helmsley treated her Maltese. This season, reigning National League MVP Jimmy Rollins has been benched twice by the Phillies for violating team rules. As far as we know, Manny has never been benched or suspended by the Sox. The owners literally knocked down walls for him, making the Sox clubhouse more comfortable for this spoiled child.

And how does he repay them for their love and loyalty? By calling them liars and backstabbers. By saying they don’t deserve a player like him.

And in the end, he was right about that. The Red Sox [team stats] deserve better, and yesterday they got that in Bay. Maybe not a better hitter, but a better all-around player and a much better teammate.

In a way, Jason Bay has it easy. He is replacing a Hall of Famer, but when he walks into the clubhouse today, 24 players and one very relieved manager will welcome him like schoolgirls greeting Zac Efron. They’ll be happy to see him and even happier to see the bad guy gone.

Everyone can just relax and play baseball now. Manny is where he belongs. He’s a Dodger. The team formerly known as “Dem Bums” just got the biggest bum of them all.
I would have never guessed that Manny was this sort of person. Usually people just gush compliments about how great he is.

Guess it's a different story off the field, what a shame. :tsk:

Benetto
08-04-2008, 12:36 PM
Sure he could be a scum bag, and a huge piece of shit....but what is important is his play on the field...That's all anyone should care about.

Ballplayers (dick-head or not) don't live their personal lives for us, they play for us and our entertainment. What he does and says OFF the field is no ones business...You guys don't know him personally to judge if he's a piece or not...Any one who wants to make you look bad can say horrible things about you, or dig up dirt...Then folks who never met you or dont know who you really are think you're bitch...

Medford Bronco
08-05-2008, 09:16 AM
Sure he could be a scum bag, and a huge piece of shit....but what is important is his play on the field...That's all anyone should care about.

Ballplayers (dick-head or not) don't live their personal lives for us, they play for us and our entertainment. What he does and says OFF the field is no ones business...You guys don't know him personally to judge if he's a piece or not...Any one who wants to make you look bad can say horrible things about you, or dig up dirt...Then folks who never met you or dont know who you really are think you're bitch...

yes but when you QUIT on your team like he did in Boston and will do at some point again (with the Dodgers or whomever when he is in the middle of a FAT contract) that is unaccepatble.

that being said, the Dodgers are a better team now than last week and I would be disappointed if they dont win the West, as long as the get a bit more healthy soon.

LRtagger
08-05-2008, 11:23 AM
yes but when you QUIT on your team like he did in Boston and will do at some point again (with the Dodgers or whomever when he is in the middle of a FAT contract) that is unaccepatble.

that being said, the Dodgers are a better team now than last week and I would be disappointed if they dont win the West, as long as the get a bit more healthy soon.

Exactly. When personality and off the field antics effect your team and teammates, then something has to be done (see: Travis Henry).