PDA

View Full Version : Orton plays his worst when he is needed most

Skyhigh
09-30-2010, 08:57 PM
4th Qtr +/- 7 pts: 55% COMP 6.3 YPA 0TD 1 INT 53.3 QBR
26 pass attempts in the red zone, just 2 TDs
Mediocre numbers as well in last two minutes of the half.

But whatever, as long as he can hit WRs who have 10 yards of separation in between the 20s helping him pad his useless stats, he's an elite QB!

I Eat Staples
09-30-2010, 09:01 PM
You're cool. :welcome:

/sarcasm

Skyhigh
09-30-2010, 09:01 PM
thanks

I Eat Staples
09-30-2010, 09:03 PM
So where in Florida are you from?

Northman
09-30-2010, 09:03 PM
You havent talked to Jags lately have you?

Skyhigh
09-30-2010, 09:04 PM

gainesville

silkamilkamonico
09-30-2010, 09:08 PM
gainesville

I'm so sorry for you.

Ravage!!!
09-30-2010, 09:10 PM

gainesville

Bingo :lol:

I Eat Staples
09-30-2010, 09:14 PM
gainesville

/thread

Skyhigh
09-30-2010, 09:18 PM
why are yall mad?
Nobody even addressed my op!

Northman
09-30-2010, 09:20 PM
why are yall mad?

Who's mad? We think your funny. We love jokesters on this site.

jhildebrand
09-30-2010, 09:21 PM
So we are going to flame this poster despite bringing up a legitimate point? :confused:

WOW!

Anyway, welcome to the boards Skyhigh. Orton so far leaves a bit more to be desired especially when playing from behind. That was a subject I brought up a couple of times last year. However, he has done it. See the Dallas and New England games specifically. The question is can he do it without Marshall. IN both those games, Marshall made great plays.

If I were a betting man, I would bet Orton's numbers, the one's you quoted, will improve quite a bit by season's end.

Northman
09-30-2010, 09:23 PM
So we are going to flame this poster despite bringing up a legitimate point? :confused:

Sorry, QB isnt the problem right now. Its not a legitimate point.

Ravage!!!
09-30-2010, 09:26 PM

well.. its a legit point although not the BIGGEST problem.

I've been impressed with Orton's play. But I was the one that pointed out Orton's inability to win games if another team scores in the second half, and now we've seen two posts that bring up some pretty unimpressive stats of Orton's play in 4th quarter play.

Is it the biggest need, ABSOLUTELY NOT. But the stats are still interesting because they WILL come up again and will be noticed in future games.

Northman
09-30-2010, 09:31 PM
well.. its a legit point although not the BIGGEST problem.

I've been impressed with Orton's play. But I was the one that pointed out Orton's inability to win games if another team scores in the second half, and now we've seen two posts that bring up some pretty unimpressive stats of Orton's play in 4th quarter play.

Is it the biggest need, ABSOLUTELY NOT. But the stats are still interesting because they WILL come up again and will be noticed in future games.

Nah. I attribute this a lot like i did in 08' when Jay had to throw most of the time and ended up throwing a lot of picks. When your QB is forced to carry the load without a solid running game, questionable playcalling, and a defense that can only hold on for so long its just too much to ask. Can anyone really sit here and pretend that Orton is as good as Manning? I dont think so, of course the guy is going to have limitations but when you add in the other factors its easy to see that the guy can only carry you so far. I cant take this guy seriously because his first post is a cheap shot at the only guy who is actually stepping up his game the best he can to carry this team. I was hard on Orton last year but he has done nothing to warrant the same this year.

Ravage!!!
09-30-2010, 09:33 PM
Nah. I attribute this a lot like i did in 08' when Jay had to throw most of the time and ended up throwing a lot of picks. When your QB is forced to carry the load without a solid running game, questionable playcalling, and a defense that can only hold on for so long its just too much to ask. Can anyone really sit here and pretend that Orton is as good as Manning? I dont think so, of course the guy is going to have limitations but when you add in the other factors its easy to see that the guy can only carry you so far. I cant take this guy seriously because his first post is a cheap shot at the only guy who is actually stepping up his game the best he can to carry this team. I was hard on Orton last year but he has done nothing to warrant the same this year.

All legit points.... not only can I not argue, but completely agree with everything here :beer:

jhildebrand
09-30-2010, 09:37 PM

Youre one of my favorites North but with RZ problems like ours you can't NOT bring up the QB position. We all saw the ball hit the ground 6 yards short of the WR it was intended for.

I don't think the OP was saying this was this team's SOLE problem just saying it is a problem. I don't see how I can disagree with it.

jhildebrand
09-30-2010, 09:39 PM

Well said. I do agree completely. I wish I saw this post before responding to the other post.

:salute:

Northman
09-30-2010, 09:40 PM
Youre one of my favorites North but with RZ problems like ours you can't NOT bring up the QB position. We all saw the ball hit the ground 6 yards short of the WR it was intended for.

I don't think the OP was saying this was this team's SOLE problem just saying it is a problem. I don't see how I can disagree with it.

Yea, but think about it bro. When the opposing defense doesnt have to worry about the run and the field is shorter to work with its going to be tough on ANY Qb to make a play down there UNLESS your Manning, Brady, etc. We know that Kyle has limitations and without a true threat at the back position its no wonder why the redzone is a problem right now. Sure, the QB has a "little" to do with it but not like what this guy is claiming.

Lonestar
09-30-2010, 09:40 PM
I also think QB is not the root of all evil on this team at this point.

Fix the OL and RB issues and then we can discuss how bad the QB is perceived to be by another obvious Tebow fan.

Medford Bronco
09-30-2010, 09:44 PM

We cant stop anybody. Our D sucks.

No pass rush. We really miss Dumerville big time.

and we cant run. When was the last time a Denver team did not run well 1994?

I expect to get smoked on Sunday. I hope I am wrong but dont feel to confident and the schedule does not get any easier.

jhildebrand
09-30-2010, 09:45 PM
Yea, but think about it bro. When the opposing defense doesnt have to worry about the run and the field is shorter to work with its going to be tough on ANY Qb to make a play down there UNLESS your Manning, Brady, etc. We know that Kyle has limitations and without a true threat at the back position its no wonder why the redzone is a problem right now. Sure, the QB has a "little" to do with it but not like what this guy is claiming.

I'll give you that. You're absolutely right. I cannot disagree with any of that either.

I said Orton's numbers will improve and they will. The problem is our playcalling in the RZ S-U-C-K-S! I mean we have a 6'3"+ WR and how many times did we throw it his way in the endzone? :confused: We ran a ton of lame running plays? :confused:

I think McD is smart enough to realize he will have to put the ball in Orton's hands more in the RZ to score.

KCL
09-30-2010, 10:13 PM
We cant stop anybody. Our D sucks.

No pass rush. We really miss Dumerville big time.

and we cant run. When was the last time a Denver team did not run well 1994?

I expect to get smoked on Sunday. I hope I am wrong but dont feel to confident and the schedule does not get any easier.

I am looking forward to the games with Denver...November in Denver and in KC...A December game...since KC is a fluke and all...it'll be interesting to see how those games go.

Elevation inc
10-01-2010, 02:50 AM
why are yall mad?

probally cause it sucked, and your from florida:lol:

Elevation inc
10-01-2010, 02:51 AM
I'll give you that. You're absolutely right. I cannot disagree with any of that either.

I said Orton's numbers will improve and they will. The problem is our playcalling in the RZ S-U-C-K-S!

I mean we have a 6'3"+ WR and how many times did we throw it his way in the endzone? :confused: We ran a ton of lame running plays? :confused:

I think McD is smart enough to realize he will have to put the ball in Orton's hands more in the RZ to score.

well to be fair we did try and hit DT a couple times down there.....:D

dogfish
10-01-2010, 03:35 AM
why are yall mad?

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/2918/umadalien.jpg (http://img440.imageshack.us/i/umadalien.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

LRtagger
10-01-2010, 08:26 AM
gainesville

http://soonerdudes.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/gator-jorts.jpg?w=500&h=375