PDA

View Full Version : iPod help

gnomeflinger
09-30-2010, 07:43 PM
I bought an iPod recently, so this is new to me. I don't use iTunes to buy songs. I have another source I use. I drag and drop the songs onto the iTunes playlist but they don't show up on the iPod. Also, I have songs deleted from the playlist, but they're still on the iPod. What am I doing wrong? I've hit the "sync" option a few times and still no change. :banghead:

Northman
09-30-2010, 07:51 PM
You have to right click your IPOD in the left column. Select create playlist and a new folder will appear in your IPOD. You drag your songs from the Itunes player/main list to your playlist in the left column.

As for the songs on your IPOD, select the first song, go to edit and select all. Right, click delete.

gnomeflinger
09-30-2010, 08:37 PM
Thanks Noob. I didn't check enough boxes in the sync window. I'll keep this thread open because I'm sure I'll find more things to ask questions about. I'm a "skip the directions and learn as I go" type of person. Sometimes, that doesn't always work out well. :lol:

underrated29
09-30-2010, 08:37 PM
or go to add file, or add folder to library. That way you can take all the music on your computer in one folder and add it to itunes.

Thats what I do.

Lonestar
09-30-2010, 08:38 PM
while we are asking

I have an older IPOD with a lot of old favorites on it and got a new IMAC to replace my old dell.

I now want to transfer the songs from the IPOD to the mac and it tells me the computer is different than the original computer. is there any way around this.

Northman
09-30-2010, 08:42 PM
while we are asking

I have an older IPOD with a lot of old favorites on it and got a new IMAC to replace my old dell.

I now want to transfer the songs from the IPOD to the mac and it tells me the computer is different than the original computer. is there any way around this.

To my knowledge, you cant transfer songs from an Ipod back onto a computer because the songs that make it on the Ipod are "read" only. But, if your asking that when you plug your Ipod into a different computer you get that message than you may end up deleting the old songs if the Ipod tries to sync onto the Mac.

Lonestar
09-30-2010, 08:45 PM
To my knowledge, you cant transfer songs from an Ipod back onto a computer because the songs that make it on the Ipod are "read" only. But, if your asking that when you plug your Ipod into a different computer you get that message than you may end up deleting the old songs if the Ipod tries to sync onto the Mac.

Thanks I know my daughter did it when she got her notebook mac I'll ask her thanks for responding.

Dzone
09-30-2010, 10:14 PM
Yep, I was going thru that same problem. I would create playlists and hit sync and still couldnt get those playlists to show up on my ipod..Oh, it bout drove me nuts and I bout gave up after trying about 100 times. LOL...finally someone showed me that I needed to drag the playlists and drop them into device on the left hand column. then hit sync and bingo...good luck...