PDA

View Full Version : Harris may play Sunday

LRtagger
09-30-2010, 01:32 PM
From FB

McDaniels hopes Ryan Harris will play Sun. "He practiced the entire practice, he'll be out there today and didn't have any ill effects"

Lonestar
09-30-2010, 01:39 PM
LEts hope he is good to go as Beadles as of NOW Wis not an ORT after being groomed for OLG in TC and playing OLT all his career.

T.K.O.
09-30-2010, 01:52 PM
that would sure help open up the running game a bit !
this team has a ton of potential but a solid o-line is the critical piece of the pie that has been missing.that and some healthy backs:salute:

broncofaninfla
09-30-2010, 01:58 PM
Hopefully we can average over 2.5 yards a carry now.........

Lonestar
09-30-2010, 02:01 PM
that would sure help open up the running game a bit !
this team has a ton of potential but a solid o-line is the critical piece of the pie that has been missing.that and some healthy backs:salute:

Part of the problem is not ORT but most of the running IIRC has been behind Clady and he is supposedly healthy.

Grover
09-30-2010, 02:21 PM
With Harris (hopefully) coming back and Kuper another week to get his ankle stronger, the right side of our OL should be much better.

I still don't have much confidence in either Buckhalter or Maroney at this point, just due to them being nicked up. I haven't read any reports from practice on Andre Brown, but I'm sort of hoping we see him on Sunday.

At some point, everyone's going to get healthy and used to working together, then we will see some good plays and yards gained on the ground. I hope this "at some point" is this week and not week 15.

LTC Pain
09-30-2010, 02:22 PM
Arrrooooogaaaa! Yes!

underrated29
09-30-2010, 02:22 PM
I dont care what our YPC is as long as we win. and can punch it in on the goalline.

rcsodak
09-30-2010, 02:24 PM
Hopefully we can average over 2.5 yards a carry now.........
2.6!! Yeah....baaaabyyyyyy!! :D
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Spiritguy
09-30-2010, 03:45 PM
2.6!! Yeah....baaaabyyyyyy!! :D

That works if you only have 2.5 to get a TD :lol:

Elevation inc
09-30-2010, 04:40 PM
From FB

we need him healthy and back according to profootball focus he was our lead run blocker last year before injury with a Avg weekly rating of 3.8, once he was gone the RT run blocking had a -6.4 avg weekly rating.....no wonder our run game went south.....weigman had a -5.8 avg run block rating the final 3 games of last year......yikes

there rating scale has 2.0 as being good......and-2.0 as poor.....

pnbronco
09-30-2010, 04:59 PM
we need him healthy and back according to profootball focus he was our lead run blocker last year before injury with a Avg weekly rating of 3.8, once he was gone the RT run blocking had a -6.4 avg weekly rating.....no wonder our run game went south.....weigman had a -5.8 avg run block rating the final 3 games of last year......yikes

there rating scale has 2.0 as being good......and-2.0 as poor.....

So are you trying to be logical...........;)

I would love to see Harris out there, I think they play better when he's on the line, but ONLY if he is really healthy and ready to go. I hate to see him get another set back by trying to soon.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-30-2010, 05:12 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/ci_16216743

The Broncos could have their starting offensive line in tact for the first time this season for Sunday's game at Tennessee.

Coach Josh McDaniels said Thursday that right tackle Ryan Harris fared well in his return to practice on Wednesday and that the team is hopeful Harris will be able to make his regular season debut against the Titans.

"He practiced the entire practice, and he'll be out there today," McDaniels said. "He didn't have any ill effects from yesterday."

Harris has missed three games since injuring his ankle in the preseason finale at Minnesota. Starting right guard Chris Kuper has also missed one game (vs. Seattle).

With those injuries, along with left tackle Ryan Clady missing nearly all of the offseason and training camp, and the addition of three young, first-time starters, it has been a challenge to find consistency and chemistry on the offensive line. Harris' likely return should help restore some normalcy to the group that has struggled at times in his run blocking.

"We'll see how Ryan does today and tomorrow and make sure we're making the right decision about who starts the game on Sunday and then go from there," McDaniels said.

Rookie Zane Beadles, who started the first three games at right tackle, will start taking practice repetitions at guard — where he practiced most of the preseason — with the idea that Beadles will be the team's top reserve, with the ability to play both inside and outside.

"Wherever it best suits us, I guess, is where he'll end up," McDaniels said. "It's been a little while since he played guard, because of Ryan's injury, so we're definitely going to scoot him back in there to make sure he's ready to go."

rcsodak
09-30-2010, 06:20 PM
I like McD's use of the word "scoot"! I hope scidaddle is used next week. Scoshe should be not far behind.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums