PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Royal raising money and awareness to fight breast cancer

Tned
09-28-2010, 06:33 PM
I received the following from a representative of ESBL Sports Management, which is Eddie Royal's PR firm.

Eddie is teaming up with Lee Jeans to help raise money and awareness for breast cancer research and would love it if you could help him promote this great cause.

Thousands of people, including Eddie, are wearing denim on October 8, 2010 in exchange for a $5 donation to the Women's Cancer Programs of EIF to support the fight against breast cancer. Below is a link to Eddie's Denim Day team, which he is heavily promoting on his Facebook Fan Page at www.facebook.com/royal19

www.denimday.com/team_page.aspx?tid=242741

Eddie would really like to increase awareness and help raise money for breast cancer research.

Once again, Eddie is trying to raise awareness and money for a good cause. Please check out Eddie's Facebook page and the Denim Day page to learn more.

Tned
09-28-2010, 09:21 PM
I just joined Eddie's team, which is very simple by clicking the link above, and donated. You don't have to do both, you can just join his team and help support the cause by wearing jeans on the 8th. However, if you have a few extra bucks, support Eddie and more importantly the fight against breast cancer, by going to Eddie's team page (http://www.denimday.com/team_page.aspx?tid=242741) and making a small donation.

Most of us have been touched by cancer in one way or another. Personally, several of my family members are cancer survivors or have passed away from cancer. However, I would like to share a brief story about a friend that died after a long battle with breast cancer.

The part I want to share is not her death, but her life. I live in a small town in Arkansas with virtually no Broncos fans. However, for many years I worked with a GREAT lady named Joyce who used to live in Colorado and who's family still lives in Colorado. She was older than me, but one thing we shared was our passion for the Broncos. After each win we would talk about how they did. After each loss, we would avoid each other for a couple days, until we were finally ready to commiserate about the loss. We struggled through the SB losses, and rejoiced in those SB wins. She was truly a great lady, and that's not just because she was a Broncos fan.

A few years ago she lost a long battle with breast cancer. Rarely do I make it through a Broncos game without thinking of her.

Let's all do what we can to honor those that have lost the battle with cancer, support those that have survived, and do our part to try and find a cure.

Elevation inc
09-29-2010, 05:19 AM
dude is the consumate professional......some Wr's around the league should take note(DISCLAIMER: NOT DIRECTING THIS COMMENT AT FORMER BRONCO!!!!)......

Tned
09-29-2010, 09:18 PM
dude is the consumate professional......some Wr's around the league should take note(DISCLAIMER: NOT DIRECTING THIS COMMENT AT FORMER BRONCO!!!!)......

Great member of the Broncos on the field -- Great member of his community off the field.

CHARLIEADAMSFAN
09-30-2010, 02:32 AM
The more I learn about this guy the more and more I like him. So glad I rock the Eddie Royal jersey so much

Tned
10-01-2010, 04:44 PM
The more I learn about this guy the more and more I like him. So glad I rock the Eddie Royal jersey so much

Yep, really seems to work hard to support the community. I haven't listened to KOA's pregame coverage this year, but last year I loved his regular spot on it.

OrangeHoof
10-01-2010, 08:45 PM
Not to knock what Eddie Royal is doing but does anyone need to "raise awareness" of breast cancer anymore? Have we not been clubbed to death by pink ribbons the past few years that everyone by now knows what's going on? And if they still don't know, is a wide receiver going to make a difference?

Raise money for research and treatment? - great! Raise awareness? - bleah.

Tned
10-01-2010, 08:51 PM
Not to knock what Eddie Royal is doing but does anyone need to "raise awareness" of breast cancer anymore? Have we not been clubbed to death by pink ribbons the past few years that everyone by now knows what's going on? And if they still don't know, is a wide receiver going to make a difference?

Raise money for research and treatment? - great! Raise awareness? - bleah.

Ask the women on here how many of them do daily breast examinations, and how many of their friends do so, and then let's talk about the importance of awareness.

Breast cancer, like many others, is MUCH more beatable with early detection. That is where awareness comes in.

Beyond that, the other aspect of awareness is making people know how they can help, with donations, rallies, etc.

Anyway, that's my thoughts on it.

OrangeHoof
10-02-2010, 11:25 AM
Ask the women on here how many of them do daily breast examinations, and how many of their friends do so, and then let's talk about the importance of awareness.

Daily?? Early detection is a key for any cancer detection but daily exams?? Testicular cancer is also possible in men but I don't make a daily habit of checking mine for lumps. That seems rather paranoid to me.

Looks like some high school kids have been suspended over raising "awareness".

Brouhaha Brewing Over “I Heart Boobies” Bracelets (http://www.kxly.com/news/25247029/detail.html)

camdisco24
10-02-2010, 11:35 AM
I have a hard time complaining about someone raising awareness about a disease like breast cancer. You'd be surprised how little people truly know about it. Wearing pink ribbon says nothing about awareness. Knowing the facts does. Thats why what Eddie is doing is so important.