PDA

View Full Version : Tebow used in short yardage?? - "that's rediculous"

nevcraw
09-28-2010, 05:27 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16190944

For all the problems the Broncos continue to have with their running game, particularly near the goal line, coach Josh McDaniels made one thing clear Monday: Tim Tebow is not the solution.

"We're not going to do that in short yardage," McDaniels said. "People who mention that, I don't know, that's ridiculous."

Tebow, the rookie first-round draft pick quarterback who become a collegiate legend and a Heisman Trophy winner in part because of bruising running style, has not played since taking two snaps and rushing for 2 yards against Jacksonville on Sept. 12. Neither of those plays came in the red zone, and neither was in short-yardage situations.

But wouldn't the player who scored 57 rushing touchdowns at the University
of Florida be an option for the Broncos now? No way, McDaniels said.

For now, Tebow remains a work-in-progress quarterback, in competition with Brady Quinn for the backup job behind Kyle Orton. Quinn was the No. 2 Sunday against the Colts, with Tebow inactive for the first time this season.

"Whatever they tell me each week, I'm going to do," Tebow said Monday. "I'm going to try to handle my role, and every week, try to improve in practice so I can create more of a role. That's my goal."

The Broncos haven't discarded the "Tebow Package" pages from the playbook, but McDaniels appears to have no plans to use Tebow in place of a tailback.

"Snapping the ball to a shotgun quarterback on third-and-1? If we can't get a third-and-1 some other way, we've got bigger problems," McDaniels said.

Indeed, that appears to be true.

The Broncos, with a first-and-goal at the 1-yard line Sunday against Indianapolis, failed to score a touchdown on three running plays by Laurence Maroney (two up the middle, one to the left) and one pass play (a fade from Kyle Orton intended for Demaryius Thomas). This came a week after the Broncos needed three tries from the 1-yard line for Knowshon Moreno to score a touchdown against the Seahawks.

The Broncos have scored only five touchdowns in 13 red-zone drives this season.

"There's no part of the field where your ability to execute is more glaring, in either direction," McDaniels said. "When you execute very well, you can score, and when you don't execute very well, you usually have trouble scoring. There's no in between."

Yet the Broncos appear content to continue using Maroney, Moreno (whenever he returns from his second hamstring injury) and Correll Buckhalter in short-yardage situations, and Tebow does not seem close to returning to the field.

Coaches decided to make Quinn the backup for the first time this season against the Colts after evaluating both quarterbacks in practice last week, deciding Quinn would be better prepared to run the specific plan the Broncos had for the Colts should something have happened to Orton.

The backup quarterback job will continue to be a fluid situation, McDaniels said, depending on each opponent, as well as the potential for inserting Tebow for specific plays.

"We're going to let them get ready for the game, and however practice goes and their preparation and whatever we feel is necessary for the game, I think we're just going to make the best decision on a week-to-week basis," McDaniels said.

Lindsay H. Jones: 303-954-1262 or ljones@denverpost.com
Read more: Broncos don't plan to use Tebow on short-yardage plays - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16190944#ixzz10rjE8sbg
__________________________________________________ _______________

Hillis 2.0?
maybe TT is not smart enough to pick up the offense?

Better leave that pissy little short yardage stuff the the oversized scat backs..

bcbronc
09-28-2010, 07:03 PM
Don't like this decision at all. Great, Tebow is the QBotF, but that doesn't mean his skill set can't be used in the present. It would be different if "all our new beef" was getting the job done, but they're not so far. Tebow doesn't need to be out of the shot-gun to try and convert 3rd and 1 and his ability to move and brteak arm tackles would give DCs something extra to consider.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Softskull
09-28-2010, 07:15 PM
Don't like this decision at all. Great, Tebow is the QBotF, but that doesn't mean his skill set can't be used in the present. It would be different if "all our new beef" was getting the job done, but they're not so far. Tebow doesn't need to be out of the shot-gun to try and convert 3rd and 1 and his ability to move and brteak arm tackles would give DCs something extra to consider.

If I were to use Tebow in that situation, I'd have him pass the first time to the most sure handed receiver on our team (actually, Scheffler would have been perfect in this scenario). It wouldn't be expected, could give young Tim a boost, and any future use would keep opposing D's honest.

jhildebrand
09-28-2010, 09:03 PM
If I were to use Tebow in that situation, I'd have him pass the first time to the most sure handed receiver on our team (actually, Scheffler would have been perfect in this scenario). It wouldn't be expected, could give young Tim a boost, and any future use would keep opposing D's honest.

I like your thinking! :salute:

I Eat Staples
09-28-2010, 09:04 PM
I agree with McD for once. Using Tebow in short yardage is completely ridiculous.

JDL
09-28-2010, 09:05 PM
I think we should use Hillis. :D

jhildebrand
09-28-2010, 09:08 PM
Ridiculous? :confused:

That pompous assed arrongance filled egotistical attitude rears its ugly head again!

The only thing ridiculous was McDaniels' reaction.

So if it is SOOOOOOOO Ridiculous to run Tim Tebow in the goal line situation, how ridiculous was lining him up for two plays at mid field against the Jags, when the offense was rolling, and the potential for a big time play was much less given the field position and the play calls then it would be to have him play on the goalline against the Colts.

McD cant have it both ways here! If it would have been ridiculous this past Sunday, then it certainly was ridiculous in JAX.

broncohead
09-28-2010, 09:08 PM
I agree with McD for once. Using Tebow in short yardage is completely ridiculous.

Ya cause could never run the ball well. He would have at least got the TD I'm sure at the goalline... Just sayin

I Eat Staples
09-28-2010, 09:11 PM

That pompous assed arrongance filled egotistical attitude rears its ugly head again!

The only thing ridiculous was McDaniels' reaction.

So if it is SOOOOOOOO Ridiculous to run Tim Tebow in the goal line situation, how ridiculous was lining him up for two plays at mid field against the Jags, when the offense was rolling, and the potential for a big time play was much less given the field position and the play calls then it would be to have him play on the goalline against the Colts.

McD cant have it both ways here! If it would have been ridiculous this past Sunday, then it certainly was ridiculous in JAX.

I agree it was ridiculous to do that in the Jax game. But the more we use him, the more ridiculous it gets. So let's keep him off the field.

Ya cause could never run the ball well. He would have at least got the TD I'm sure at the goalline... Just sayin

So you think a college scrambling QB could run better at the goal line than an NFL tailback? I don't think so.

broncohead
09-28-2010, 09:20 PM
I agree it was ridiculous to do that in the Jax game. But the more we use him, the more ridiculous it gets. So let's keep him off the field.

So you think a college scrambling QB could run better at the goal line than an NFL tailback? I don't think so.

Not every tailback but Tebow has more power and heart then Maroney. I have never been impressed with his running and shouldn't even be mentioned as a starter in the league.

I Eat Staples
09-28-2010, 09:23 PM
Not every tailback but Tebow has more power and heart then Maroney. I have never been impressed with his running and shouldn't even be mentioned as a starter in the league.

Fair point, but I honestly don't think Tebow would do any better. Probably worse.

nevcraw
09-28-2010, 09:32 PM

No - a college scrambling QB could not. What's that got to do with Tebow?

I Eat Staples
09-28-2010, 09:34 PM
No - a college scrambling QB could not. What's that got to do with Tebow?

I was waiting for someone to say that.

Call me when Tebow accomplishes anything in the NFL. He's going to be remembered as one of the greatest college football players of all time, but one of the worst first round picks of all time.

SR
09-28-2010, 09:42 PM
I don't agree with that. Tebow is a winner and he's succeeded at everything he's attempted. He's one of those guys that is good at everything he does. He'll do fine in the pros and he'll be a good QB for Denver when the time comes. But I do agree that it's ridiculous to use Tebow on short yardage situations. I'd rather him not get hurt by guys like Ray Lewis who are out to destroy rookies, especially rookie QBs.

jhildebrand
09-28-2010, 10:06 PM

I don't necessarily disagree with this. What I disagree with is McDaniels continued insistance on treating the local media like shit as if they don't have a single clue about the game of football.

For me it goes deeper than that! Calling it ridiculous after spending the offseason saying the things about Tebow that he had, and mentioning that Tebow could be used throughout the season, using him in week 1, then calling those that ask "why not" ridiculous is just an assbag move. For a guy that teaches and preaches integrity and all the other BS he sure doesn't seem to follow it. Not to mention so many ex-broncos were flamed by many posters here and roundly criticised for "not taking the high road" for transgressions far less offensive than this YET MCD is immune. :rolleyes:

jhildebrand
09-28-2010, 10:09 PM

I think an oversized, highly athletic 250 pound QB could have accomplished the TD against an undersized, spread out D would have fared better than a beat up Maroney.

broncohead
09-28-2010, 10:27 PM
I don't necessarily disagree with this. What I disagree with is McDaniels continued insistance on treating the local media like shit as if they don't have a single clue about the game of football.

For me it goes deeper than that! Calling it ridiculous after spending the offseason saying the things about Tebow that he had, and mentioning that Tebow could be used throughout the season, using him in week 1, then calling those that ask "why not" ridiculous is just an assbag move. For a guy that teaches and preaches integrity and all the other BS he sure doesn't seem to follow it. Not to mention so many ex-broncos were flamed by many posters here and roundly criticised for "not taking the high road" for transgressions far less offensive than this YET MCD is immune. :rolleyes:

But he is all knowing and makes no mistakes...

Lonestar
09-28-2010, 10:42 PM
Not much anger at all in this thread.

Unless I read ut wrong he was answering the question will you ever use Tebow in the shotgun to run in goal line situations.

That is what he called rediculous. But then I could be wrong.

BTW I agree. I might run him from over center. But not from the shotgun.

DenBronx
09-28-2010, 11:00 PM

Unless I read ut wrong he was answering the question will you ever use Tebow in the shotgun to run in goal line situations.

Why do you always equate good debates for "anger" or "hate player x" or "hate coach x"?

broncohead
09-28-2010, 11:08 PM

Why not from shotgun? Spread the field with WRs and that leaves less players in the box. If they stack the box still someone should be open. Almost makes to much sense

sneakers
09-28-2010, 11:15 PM
They could use him as a decoy....like in a WR split near the goal line...it would give the Defense something to think about (and maybe make them burn a timeout when you bring in the formation)

Lonestar
09-28-2010, 11:19 PM
First of all you give the D that is there already a four yard advantage to hunker down and defend their goal.

From under center they have zip time to react.

Yes your running from the spread but their is so little field to defend a quich D has the advantage wheb you give them time.

Plus the Extra blocker FB is not around to help in the spread.

Sorry but I see it that way.

Lonestar
09-28-2010, 11:23 PM
Why do you always equate good debates for "anger" or "hate player x" or "hate coach x"?

Perhaps your reading a differnet thread than I am. Because I saw very little debate and some very ugly terms used in this one.

Terms most folks do not use in everday coversation. At least none that I converse with.

Just maybe I'm sheltered but their was some really vindictive almost hateful terms now that YOU brought up "hate" something I did not only used the term anger IIRC.

Dzone
09-28-2010, 11:27 PM
If anyone listens to sports radio, then you heard a lot of the national talk shows talking about Mcdaniels questionable play calling on sunday...(I was going to say idiotic play calling, but dont want to hurt anyones feelings on here..lol)

Dzone
09-28-2010, 11:34 PM
Well, Mcdaniels is calling just about every sportswriter "ridiculous" because they almost all assumed Tebow would be used in wildhorse situations all season long...Oh, it might be brought to mcds attention how his castoffs played this weekend..Scheffler caught a touchdown pass, Hillis went for 144 yards, cutler is now leading the bears to glory, Marshall dropped a couple but played ok..who else am I missing here? Mcd shows his immaturity by calling fans ridiculous...show a little class for once mcdaniels..Grow up

DenBronx
09-28-2010, 11:37 PM
Perhaps your reading a differnet thread than I am. Because I saw very little debate and some very ugly terms used in this one.

Terms most folks do not use in everday coversation. At least none that I converse with.

Just maybe I'm sheltered but their was some really vindictive almost hateful terms now that YOU brought up "hate" something I did not only used the term anger IIRC.

anger...hate...potato...potado. you said "anger". now your saying ugly terms vindictive and "almost hateful." don't back pedal because i know the little jabs you like to throw here and there.

DenBronx
09-28-2010, 11:41 PM
If anyone listens to sports radio, then you heard a lot of the national talk shows talking about Mcdaniels questionable play calling on sunday...(I was going to say idiotic play calling, but dont want to hurt anyones feelings on here..lol)

well say it bud! because it was idiotic. you kick the field goal and live another down. kick it off, put some pressure on the colts by making them drive the other way. 5 trips to the redzone X 3 is 15 points. that wins the game!

i'm more impressed with W's in the win column than seeing ortons or llyods stats in the top 5.

Dzone
09-28-2010, 11:44 PM
BTW, letting tebow bootleg at the goaline with an option to run or pass is a pretty low risk idea, considering how dreadfully bad this team is inside the 20. This is a crisis situation at this point because it is costing wins and if not ameliorated is going to lead this team down the road to a top 5 draft pick next year. We still hold out hope that this immature coach can grow up on the job. Coaches with class dont put down the fans like he did. This guy insulted the fans and media with his arrogant attitude and rude comments..No class!!!!!

Lonestar
09-28-2010, 11:49 PM
anger...hate...potato...potado. you said "anger". now your saying ugly terms vindictive and "almost hateful." don't back pedal because i know the little jabs you like to throw here and there.

Well read the thread again and tell me there is not real anger in it.

For a comment by Josh that IMO is much ado about nothing. And taken out of context by some here.

But then again I may be wrong in what I'm reading. You tell me after rereading the thread.

Dzone
09-28-2010, 11:56 PM
Honest, I really want to like mcdaniels, I really do! But he is making it harder and harder to really like this guy as coach of the team I have followed all my life. I understand those who want to give him every benefit of the doubt. And praise his every move. I to want so bad for him to succeed. But come on...

DenBronx
09-28-2010, 11:57 PM
Well read the thread again and tell me there is not real anger in it.

For a comment by Josh that IMO is much ado about nothing. And taken out of context by some here.

But then again I may be wrong in what I'm reading. You tell me after rereading the thread.

dude that's like 99% of the threads around here with the exception of the positive only gameday threads. :lol:

i think josh gets frustrated like most fans do. have you seen him cursing out his players this year when they cause stupid penalties and make us lose?

Lonestar
09-28-2010, 11:58 PM
Ok here is his quote "McDaniels appears to have no plans to use Tebow in place of a tailback.

"Snapping the ball to a shotgun quarterback on third-and-1? If we can't get a third-and-1 some other way, we've got bigger problems," McDaniels said.
"

Just where in there is he going after fans, insulting them.

Also how does this show immaturity.

Maybe a sound clip would do so but the words quoted show me nothing like what some are aledging.

Please show me where I'm misreading this.

Ravage!!!
09-28-2010, 11:58 PM
all TC long, and offseason long, had reporters talking about how the only time Tebow was in with the "starting" unit, was when he was in shotgun and running left guard, right guard, or up the middle. He uses Tebow to run the ball in the first game of the season (from shotgun), and now the media is "ridiculous" for speculating on short yardage runs with Tebow??? :confused:

I don't think McD would be dumb for using Tebow on goal line situations. Tebow COULD pass. He can throw the safe ball, and the fact that he can run AND pass could make him extremely dangerous on the short yardage and goal line scenarios.... or at least a "threat" for the defense have to worry about.

Right now, as it is, it makes sense to use him in packages for these kind of situations. We already use the wild formations. We hike the ball to the half-back or WR while Orton is off to the side. Why not hike it to a guy that is used to getting the hike???

Its insulting that now McD seems to think that everyone watching him practice, and listening to his words, and watching him bring Tebow into the lineup is now "ridiculous" for questioning the very obvious. Seems to me, if its ridiculous, then McD needs to realize how RIDICULOUS our goal line and short yardage offense is.

Lonestar
09-29-2010, 12:01 AM
dude that's like 99% of the threads around here with the exception of the positive only gameday threads. :lol:

i think josh gets frustrated like most fans do. have you seen him cursing out his players this year when they cause stupid penalties and make us lose?

Well maybe your correct about all the threads. I do not read them all. But this one is very angry. For IMO no reason at all.

I Eat Staples
09-29-2010, 02:32 PM
I didn't read every post, but I don't find anything wrong, angry, or hateful about McD's comments or any comments in this thread. McD feels that the strategy mentioned is ridiculous, and that's his opinion, whether or not you agree. Hell, I'm the first one to jump at McD for anything I can find, but he didn't insult anyone. He just gave his opinion on a football strategy, and whether or not you agree doesn't make his opinion insulting.

No need to be so sensitive. We all just want the Broncos to win games.

silkamilkamonico
09-29-2010, 02:37 PM
Its insulting that now McD seems to think that everyone watching him practice, and listening to his words, and watching him bring Tebow into the lineup is now "ridiculous" for questioning the very obvious. Seems to me, if its ridiculous, then McD needs to realize how RIDICULOUS our goal line and short yardage offense is.

The tune has changed from "Tebow will be used in special packages" (he has) to "McDaniels needs to use Tim Tebow more in short yardage situations because our short yardage situations currently suck".

That's ridiculous, especially considering McDaniels has maintained all along that he plans to groom Tebow as a QB in his offense, and not some gimmick package player who will come in and save the day on yardage situations that the starters are failing on.

It's quite clear that McDaniels is responding to the people that are critical of the short yardage game, and somehow think Tim Tebow is some :savior". Ridiculous.

rcsodak
09-29-2010, 02:44 PM

That pompous assed arrongance filled egotistical attitude rears its ugly head again!The only thing ridiculous was McDaniels' reaction.
So if it is SOOOOOOOO Ridiculous to run Tim Tebow in the goal line situation, how ridiculous was lining him up for two plays at mid field against the Jags, when the offense was rolling, and the potential for a big time play was much less given the field position and the play calls then it would be to have him play on the goalline against the Colts.McD cant have it both ways here! If it would have been ridiculous this past Sunday, then it certainly was ridiculous in JAX.
Such vitriole. He's made more successful calls as an OC/HC than his detractors, I imagine. He's seeing eith his own eyes, IN PRACTICES, what does/doesn't work. And seeing TT fail at his 2 runs when it WASN'T against a short yardage D should be proof enuf!

Softskull
09-29-2010, 02:56 PM
The tune has changed from "Tebow will be used in special packages" (he has) to "McDaniels needs to use Tim Tebow more in short yardage situations because our short yardage situations currently suck".

That's ridiculous, especially considering McDaniels has maintained all along that he plans to groom Tebow as a QB in his offense, and not some gimmick package player who will come in and save the day on yardage situations that the starters are failing on.

It's quite clear that McDaniels is responding to the people that are critical of the short yardage game, and somehow think Tim Tebow is some :savior". Ridiculous.

Generally I agree with you, but I look at it the same way as Hillis last year. You have a weapon that's potentially underutilized at this point. Why not try it? It's not like we're going to fix the Oline or running game this week.

rcsodak
09-29-2010, 02:57 PM

gee....maybe the venemous namecalling is the 1st clue? :rolleyes:

rcsodak
09-29-2010, 02:59 PM
They could use him as a decoy....like in a WR split near the goal line...it would give the Defense something to think about (and maybe make them burn a timeout when you bring in the formation)
why? Because they have film on him being successful at it?

rcsodak
09-29-2010, 03:01 PM
thats there job. I bet u can hear that beong said about every team every week.

Ravage!!!
09-29-2010, 03:02 PM

Using him for his most potential offensive package, for THIS team, at THIS time is not "ridiculous." Tebow on the goal line to throw or catch is not a "gimmick" anymore than using the flee-flicker or subsituting a tackle for a TE on goal line attempt. Do what is best for the scoring, and SCREW this BS crap of calling some formation "gimmick" purely because its not your typical line up of QB behind center.

Tebow is a BIG running QB. He CAN run TDs in ( and read somewhere that its perfectly in the rules to have a QB run a TD into the endzone). SO having a BIG QB that can run and throw from 1 yard out is now called a gimmick?? Please... THATS ridiculous.

silkamilkamonico
Generally I agree with you, but I look at it the same way as Hillis last year. You have a weapon that's potentially underutilized at this point. Why not try it? It's not like we're going to fix the Oline or running game this week.

I think that's a general difference in coaching philosophy, then somehow McDaniels is being arogant and in some way lying or not being honest with how he is using Tebow like some are insinuating.

On the flip side, who's to say he wouldn't have used Tebow in that goal line situation against Indy? After all, Tebow wasn't even available as the #3 QB.

I don't understand the Peyton Hillis thing either. But I'm also not going to sit here and pretend I actually know more about the game then Josh McDaniels. That's ridiculous.

KCL

Hey they could use him as the QB and he could hand the ball off to Orton..:D

silkamilkamonico
09-29-2010, 03:06 PM
Using him for his most potential offensive package, for THIS team, at THIS time is not "ridiculous." Tebow on the goal line to throw or catch is not a "gimmick" anymore than using the flee-flicker or subsituting a tackle for a TE on goal line attempt. Do what is best for the scoring, and SCREW this BS crap of calling some formation "gimmick" purely because its not your typical line up of QB behind center.

Tebow is a BIG running QB. He CAN run TDs in ( and read somewhere that its perfectly in the rules to have a QB run a TD into the endzone). SO having a BIG QB that can run and throw from 1 yard out is now called a gimmick?? Please... THATS ridiculous.

Agan, Tebow was not available on that goal line stand. He was the #3 QB, and could not play at that time. I'm not sure why that's so hard to understand for some people.

Considering Tim Tebow is a reckless style runner, supposed to be our future franchise QB, and has been susceptible to a major concussion, I like that Josh McDaniels is throwing caution to the wind with him.

Softskull
09-29-2010, 03:14 PM
I think that's a general difference in coaching philosophy, then somehow McDaniels is being arogant and in some way lying or not being honest with how he is using Tebow like some are insinuating.

On the flip side, who's to say he wouldn't have used Tebow in that goal line situation against Indy? After all, Tebow wasn't even available as the #3 QB.

I don't understand the Peyton Hillis thing either. But I'm also not going to sit here and pretend I actually know more about the game then Josh McDaniels. That's ridiculous.

I hear ya. I just find it curious and can't say I fully understand the coaches mindset.

BroncoJoe
09-29-2010, 03:17 PM
Good lord.

rcsodak
09-29-2010, 04:47 PM
maybe all this talk is pissing him off because it WAS in his plans and now the whole world knows.
:D

Ravage!!!
09-29-2010, 04:55 PM
Agan, Tebow was not available on that goal line stand. He was the #3 QB, and could not play at that time. I'm not sure why that's so hard to understand for some people.

Considering Tim Tebow is a reckless style runner, supposed to be our future franchise QB, and has been susceptible to a major concussion, I like that Josh McDaniels is throwing caution to the wind with him.

I do understand this. I've said it myself. But just because I'm using this game and situation as an example of WHEN Tebow would be good to use, doesn't mean I don't grasp the concept that he wasn't available for this game.

However, that doesn't change the points that it was referred to as "ridiculous" to think of Tebow being used in short game situations. Thats what the discussion has been about. Not just this game, but that it was scoffed at as though even the possibility of using Tebow in short yardage, was somehow an "absurd" thought.

There is very good reason to see how Tebow could be used, and maybe SHOULD be used, in those short yardage situations. Lets not continue to do the same thing over and over again and expect different results. I don't see a single reason that would make me believe that Tebow is at more danger from getting hurt than anyone else running the ball.

If the comment was "we won't even consider that an option anymore", that would have been different.

DenBronx
09-29-2010, 05:30 PM
gee....maybe the venemous namecalling is the 1st clue? :rolleyes:

lol @ venemous namecalling.

just see a few fans calling it like it is bro. moreso people thinking it's been more of an ego thing than anything on mcdaniels part, a new line and rb's not finding their reads fast enough. all of which correctable! by reading mcdaniels statements it sounds like he would have done things a little differant. it's a learning process and he wants to get it right.

truth be told failures in short yardage shouldn't and doesn't lay on one person. it's a coach/team effort to be succesfull in any area of the field. there are deffinitely problems with the short yardage run game and it needs to get fixed pronto in order for us to beat a couple of the next 3 or 4 teams.

rcsodak
09-29-2010, 07:04 PM
lol @ venemous namecalling.

just see a few fans calling it like it is bro. moreso people thinking it's been more of an ego thing than anything on mcdaniels part, a new line and rb's not finding their reads fast enough. all of which correctable! by reading mcdaniels statements it sounds like he would have done things a little differant. it's a learning process and he wants to get it right.

truth be told failures in short yardage shouldn't and doesn't lay on one person. it's a coach/team effort to be succesfull in any area of the field. there are deffinitely problems with the short yardage run game and it needs to get fixed pronto in order for us to beat a couple of the next 3 or 4 teams.
And I agree. Just not with calling him every name in the book. It doesnt further the discussion any. Only sidetracks it. Imo. Frankly, ypc league wide is down. And short yardage was addressed in the draft. Now let the kiddies LEARN!

Ravage!!!
09-29-2010, 07:09 PM
A And short yardage was addressed in the draft. Now let the kiddies LEARN!

Can you elaborate on this?? :confused:

rcsodak
09-29-2010, 07:23 PM
Can you elaborate on this?? :confused:
jdw
zb

McD said more beef was needed. He drafted some. Added some. Thusly, they are kiddies. The 'learning' is self explainatory? :wink:

PAINTERDAVE
09-30-2010, 02:39 AM
Well, Mcdaniels is calling just about every sportswriter "ridiculous" because they almost all assumed Tebow would be used in wildhorse situations all season long...Oh, it might be brought to mcds attention how his castoffs played this weekend..Scheffler caught a touchdown pass, Hillis went for 144 yards, cutler is now leading the bears to glory, Marshall dropped a couple but played ok..who else am I missing here? Mcd shows his immaturity by calling fans ridiculous...show a little class for once mcdaniels..Grow up

McD made it very clear early on that "Wild Horses" was a RB option formation and that A QB, specificly he said Tebow, would never be used in it.

Secondly.... the "castoffs" are irrelevent... they are playing with different o-lines and against different opponents with different coaches and plays being called. Three of the 4 players you mentioned were malcontents here and did not want to be Broncos any longer. The 4th, Hillis, yes I did not agree with the trade or his lack of playing time last year, but it happened.

Saying the coach is immature and has no class... ok... that is your opinion, you've got every right to say it. Many people disagree with you.

Any way... I just wanted to address your points.

Have a great day every body.

broncohead
11-01-2010, 09:54 AM
rediculous haha

Jake Klug
11-01-2010, 01:28 PM
McDaniels is stubborn. Most would admit to that. When he says its ridiculous, he's saying you shouldnt have to resort to that. The obvious advantage is that by using Tebow this way, you have an extra blocker. But McDaniels obviously resisted this because he believes you shouldnt have to rely on this advantage. But the fact that McDaniels has relented and started using Tebow in this role is an indication of how desperate and defeated McDaniels is at this point. For a guy thats as stubborn as he has proven to be, this is an admission of defeat more than its a demonstration of a coach being flexible.

Ravage!!!
11-01-2010, 01:37 PM
McDaniels is stubborn. Most would admit to that. When he says its ridiculous, he's saying you shouldnt have to resort to that. The obvious advantage is that by using Tebow this way, you have an extra blocker. But McDaniels obviously resisted this because he believes you shouldnt have to rely on this advantage. But the fact that McDaniels has relented and started using Tebow in this role is an indication of how desperate and defeated McDaniels is at this point. For a guy thats as stubborn as he has proven to be, this is an admission of defeat more than its a demonstration of a coach being flexible.

Still too stubborn to actually have Tebow even be a threat to throw the ball. The Niners were all over him on that short yardage attempt (not the TD, the other)

But I believe that McD used Tebow on the same kind of situation in game one. Not sure anything has changed.

slim
11-01-2010, 01:39 PM
Also, Peyton Hillis isn't a good fit for our system

Lonestar
11-01-2010, 01:40 PM
Also, Peyton Hillis isn't a good fit for our system

was going to go there, but decided not to.

cuzz4169
11-01-2010, 01:41 PM
I love this thread keeps coming up...you guys keep saying hes stubborn I think its more that he has no clue.

topscribe
11-01-2010, 01:47 PM
I do wish people would learn how to spell "ridiculous."

No biggie, I guess . . . just bugs the English teacher in me, I suppose . . . :whoknows:

*I know, I know . . . "grammar cop sighting"*

-----

Ravage!!!
11-01-2010, 01:50 PM
I do wish people would learn how to spell "ridiculous."

No biggie, I guess . . . just bugs the English teacher in my, I suppose . . . :whoknows:

*I know, I know . . . "grammar cop sighting"*

-----

I think I typed out a post like this several times, and would delete it. But damn..........

topscribe
11-01-2010, 01:51 PM
I think I typed out a post like this several times, and would delete it. But damn..........

But then, I misspelled "me." :laugh:

-----

jhildebrand
11-01-2010, 04:44 PM
Another prime example of McD's unabashed arrogance. He promplty chides a reporter for their ridiculous suggestion or question about Tebow and goal line use then promptly does just that. :rolleyes:

The guy needs to learn humility or he will always be doomed to fail.