PDA

View Full Version : Positive Only: Titans week - pre-game, in-game and post-game discussion for Week 4

Tned
09-28-2010, 07:30 AM
This is the "Positive Only" thread for all things related to the Broncos/Titans game.

This thread is only for people posting positive comments (no bashing of players, coaches or other posters). Anything else will be deleted and multiple infractions may be dealt with more severely (can you say ban??).

If you choose to post in both game-day threads, be SURE you know which one you are in if you post anything but positive comments.

Thanks and Go Broncos!!!

MasterShake
09-28-2010, 08:53 AM
This will be the start of a win streak that goes until the BYE week! :salute:

That would be awesome!

BroncoWave
09-28-2010, 09:10 AM
I'll be at the game. Can't get more positive than that!

Tned, are you going? I remember you saying you were considering it.

TN Bronco Fan
09-29-2010, 10:20 AM
This is a huge game for me in my world. Born and raised in Denver, but living in Nashville for 16 years has not changed the fact that I bleed Blue and Orange. I am getting A LOT of heat on the upcoming game from family, friends and co-workers. I know the current spread is 6.5 but I really believe the Broncos are going to walk away with this one!!!!

Northman
09-29-2010, 10:24 AM
Broncos- 34
Titans - 20

MileHighCrew
09-29-2010, 10:26 AM
I have no doubt this week is a win and a turn around game for the Broncos.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-29-2010, 11:17 AM
This is a huge game for me in my world. Born and raised in Denver, but living in Nashville for 16 years has not changed the fact that I bleed Blue and Orange. I am getting A LOT of heat on the upcoming game from family, friends and co-workers. I know the current spread is 6.5 but I really believe the Broncos are going to walk away with this one!!!!

:welcome: to Broncos Forums - always good to have another Broncos' fan on board :salute:

Ravage!!!
09-29-2010, 11:30 AM
I'm looking forward to this game. I really want to see what our offense looks like against Tennessee, and we've seen how Vince Young is just TERRIBLE against tough defenses. So it might give us an indication as to where our defense lies. I think our pass defense will eat Vince Young apart.

Tned
09-29-2010, 11:57 AM

No, things got too hectic around here. I'm heading out of the country a couple weeks later, and I really can't slip away this weekend. Bummed out, because they don't usually get this close to home.

D1g1tal j1m
09-29-2010, 12:17 PM
We will rush for more than 45 yards!!!!

pnbronco
09-29-2010, 06:08 PM

Welcome to the boards... Glad to another that bleeds Blue and Orange...:welcome:

I think this is the week that the O line gels and we begin our running game that only helps the passing game and we get into the red zone. I also think the D is going to get stronger from here on out.

Nomad
10-01-2010, 07:55 PM
BRONCOS make Vince Young into a headcase again!!:lol:

BRONCOS 27
Titans 23

Az Snake
10-01-2010, 08:36 PM
BRONCOS make Vince Young into a headcase again!!:lol:

BRONCOS 27
Titans 23

BRONCOS 38
Titans 13

Exactly what I was thinking Nomad.
Vince is riding on a high horse right now.
Prime pickens for Champ, Dawkins, Cox and others.
I think they will shred Young's passing game.
Broncos win big if they can stop that Chris guy !!!

GO BRONCOS !!!

LordTrychon
10-01-2010, 08:47 PM

No, things got too hectic around here. I'm heading out of the country a couple weeks later, and I really can't slip away this weekend. Bummed out, because they don't usually get this close to home.

Meet you guys there in 6 years, assuming the rotation stays the same? :D

Can't believe I didn't even think about this game. Probably wouldn't have anyways... but oh well.

Have a blast, BTB!

Tned
10-01-2010, 08:52 PM
Meet you guys there in 6 years, assuming the rotation stays the same? :D

Can't believe I didn't even think about this game. Probably wouldn't have anyways... but oh well.

Have a blast, BTB!

I was looking at stubhub for tickets, and I am so tempted to get in the car Sunday morning and drive over, but I have so much going on I know I shouldn't.

LordTrychon
10-01-2010, 08:58 PM
I was looking at stubhub for tickets, and I am so tempted to get in the car Sunday morning and drive over, but I have so much going on I know I shouldn't.

If you buy an extra 2-3 tickets let me know. Could maybe even convince Whodey down if you got enough......

;)

Lonestar
10-01-2010, 09:28 PM
t hell with work go for it.

pnbronco
10-01-2010, 10:13 PM

Go for it Tned......they don't out your way that often. Hey I could work every day but then you would not have gotten a camp report. Now on your death bed which would you rather have??????

You could be the good luck that turns this whole season around...I've heard bald heads are magical....See what you guys have done to me, I'm terrible....

Buff
10-01-2010, 10:23 PM

You should do it... But don't buy your tickets through StubHub. You can do better than those price gouging ********.

Go through the NFL sanctioned Titans Ticket Exchange (http://www.ticketexchangebyticketmaster.com/) and get them at face value or find a scalper on gameday - either way it'll be cheaper than StubHub.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-01-2010, 10:26 PM

Is the game sold out? If not, get to the stadium when the ticket office opens, and buy them there, or if it's not too far, drive there tomorrow and get them. Call the Titans ticket office tomorrow, and see how many tickets the Broncos returned.

Tned
10-01-2010, 10:33 PM
Is the game sold out? If not, get to the stadium when the ticket office opens, and buy them there, or if it's not too far, drive there tomorrow and get them. Call the Titans ticket office tomorrow, and see how many tickets the Broncos returned.

It's six hours. I wouldn't want to make the trip unless I have a ticket in hand (so to speak).

pnbronco
10-01-2010, 10:34 PM

Carol's right, the Broncos always return tickets and they will know that tomorrow. I heard what Buff is talking about I would try them too.... Go and have a great time, then share it with us. Or you could stay here and babysit the web site.....:confused:

Denver Native (Carol)
10-01-2010, 10:35 PM
It's six hours. I wouldn't want to make the trip unless I have a ticket in hand (so to speak).

Not sure if this will help - it's on the NFL site:

http://www.nfl.com/tickets/tennessee-titans

pnbronco
10-01-2010, 10:39 PM
http://www.ticketexchangebyticketmaster.com/NFL/InventoryBrowse/Denver-Broncos-at-Tennessee-Titans-Tickets-at-LP-Field-in-Nashville?PID=973426

here is the Titan site for the game....there's a bunch. Hey I understand if you really can't, but if you can fit it in, go have a great time.....:salute:

Hey LT, the info is for you too....if you go have a great time.

Tned
10-01-2010, 10:45 PM
http://www.ticketexchangebyticketmaster.com/NFL/InventoryBrowse/Denver-Broncos-at-Tennessee-Titans-Tickets-at-LP-Field-in-Nashville?PID=973426

here is the Titan site for the game....there's a bunch. Hey I understand if you really can't, but if you can fit it in, go have a great time.....:salute:

I'll decide tomorrow. If I do it, I'll have to hit the road at 4:30 or so Sunday morning, drive down, hit the game, drive back and get home at 11:00 or so (depending on traffic and how long to get out of parking). Not sure this old dogs up to it.

pnbronco
10-01-2010, 10:48 PM
I'll decide tomorrow. If I do it, I'll have to hit the road at 4:30 or so Sunday morning, drive down, hit the game, drive back and get home at 11:00 or so (depending on traffic and how long to get out of parking). Not sure this old dogs up to it.

Hey if this old dog can drive 800 miles in a day without the excitement of a Bronco game then I'm POSITIVE that your young hiny can do it.....I'm just trying to keep it all positive..............:D Plus keep a book on tape in the car for the trip home.....

Tned
10-01-2010, 10:56 PM
Hey if this old dog can drive 800 miles in a day without the excitement of a Bronco game then I'm POSITIVE that your young hiny can do it.....I'm just trying to keep it all positive..............:D Plus keep a book on tape in the car for the trip home.....

Yea, as soon as I typed that, I figured you would say something like that! :D

jhildebrand
10-01-2010, 11:15 PM

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:-yfPjssTAZH_KM:http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp132/Evil_Rich/Waterboy_2.jpg&t=1

LordTrychon
10-01-2010, 11:27 PM

Wow... I wish.

Some great deals there though!

Canmore
10-02-2010, 03:21 AM
Wish I had a chance to see a Broncos game, but I'm stuck in Oregon. Good luck to you two if you go. Thank God for Sunday Ticket. :beer:

Tned
10-02-2010, 07:14 AM
Wow... I wish.

Some great deals there though!

Yea, better prices than stub hub.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-02-2010, 05:23 PM
Yea, better prices than stub hub.

Are you going?

Tned
10-02-2010, 05:25 PM
Are you going?

I don't think so. I have a ton of stuff to do before I head out of town in a couple weeks. If I disappear for a day, wife's not going to be too happy.

pnbronco
10-02-2010, 06:30 PM
I don't think so. I have a ton of stuff to do before I head out of town in a couple weeks. If I disappear for a day, wife's not going to be too happy.

Totally understand, being a adult can is not always fun.....But keeping a happy home is a good thing. At least we gave you options for the future. Have a great time Bailey, yell super loud for all of us....:D

BroncoWave
10-02-2010, 10:02 PM
Totally understand, being a adult can is not always fun.....But keeping a happy home is a good thing. At least we gave you options for the future. Have a great time Bailey, yell super loud for all of us....:D

Will do!

Nomad
10-03-2010, 06:24 AM
BRONCOS will win this game!!!

~~~G O B R O N C O S~~~

:defense:

Denver Native (Carol)
10-03-2010, 11:53 AM
:salute: GO BRONCOS :salute:

honz
10-03-2010, 11:54 AM
Tim Tebow.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-03-2010, 12:51 PM
:salute: TOUCHDOWN BRONCOS :salute:

pnbronco
10-03-2010, 04:16 PM
Whooo Hoooo....What a game......I was down in Woodland park through the first half and then kept turning the radio off and on.....nail biting.......but I was screaming at the end....... So proud of the guys and the toughness they showed today......:elefant:...........:elefant:

Elevation inc
10-03-2010, 04:47 PM
guess i belong here now...good win denver NICE TO SEE YOU FIGHTING HARD TILL THE END AND NOT GIVING UP ON THE ROAD!!!!!!!!!!

Tned
10-03-2010, 04:51 PM
guess i belong here now because of my thin skin...good win denver NICE TO SEE YOU FIGHTING HARD TILL THE END AND NOT GIVING UP ON THE ROAD!!!!!!!!!!

probally shouldnt have posted this, this way but it makes me feel positive......

Yea, you shouldn't have. Taking a disagreement from the main board into the POSITIVE ONLY thread isn't right and breaks the spirit of this thread, IMO.

Elevation inc
10-03-2010, 04:54 PM
Yea, you shouldn't have. Taking a disagreement from the main board into the POSITIVE ONLY thread isn't right and breaks the spirit of this thread, IMO.

your right and i just got your PM so i feel like a doosh...point taken....:salute:

pnbronco
10-03-2010, 04:55 PM
Back to the :elefant:..............did I mention I don't have any nails left........ It's a positive that the D, special teams and O did not give up, even if it was ugly. I hope Burton's OK......

Elevation inc
10-03-2010, 04:58 PM
Back to the :elefant:..............did I mention I don't have any nails left........ It's a positive that the D, special teams and O did not give up, even if it was ugly. I hope Burton's OK......

yeah we need him for special teams one thing of note woodyard and larsen our top 2 Secial teams guys were out could explain the breakdown on the KR.....

pnbronco
10-03-2010, 05:02 PM
Yup Larsen left Invesco at the last game in a air cast. He said it's sprain and Woodyard I can't remember what happened to him, but he does play a key role in SP. However little Cassius came up big with Burton.

Cheese there could be a reason for that.....;)

Hey guys got to go get some work done.....leaving on Tues for 2 weeks and I have a bunch to do....Just so happy for so many different reasons......got a few mountains to climb myself....

Jaws
10-03-2010, 05:21 PM

I recommend a nice glass of Port and Lemon.
It helps the old nerves!

Elevation inc
10-03-2010, 05:25 PM
I recommend a nice glass of Port and Lemon.
It helps the old nerves!

i need a fifth of Tequila or Jack....:lol:

Denver Native (Carol)
10-03-2010, 05:38 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_16243573?source=rsssimplepiehome

NASHVILLE — What players and coaches said after the Broncos rallied to beat the Titans 26-20 in on Sunday:

Brian Dawkins, on how the Broncos stress closing out games strong:

"Coach Wink (Martindale) really harps on that part of the game: The four-minute offense and four-minute defense. That's something he really believes in... He wants us to understand that this is a part of the game that nobody really talks about, but he really wants us to be a good defense in the last four minutes."

Broncos linebacker Robert Ayers on holding Titans running back Chris Johnson to 53 yards rushing on 19 carries in Sunday's Broncos win:

"We knew what we had to do, everybody knew what we had to do. And we did it. That's all you can ask for."

Denver Native (Carol)
10-03-2010, 05:43 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16242898

NASHVILLE — Even if Kyle Orton had been the least of the Broncos' problems, he needed this. He needed to come through in the fourth quarter with the game in the balance.

The Broncos quarterback who eats up passing yardage with greater voracity than Denver's "D" ate up Tennessee running back Chris Johnson on Sunday needed to show that besides playing well in defeat and playing well in a route, he could also play well when fingernails have been chewed to the nub.

With a calm slide away from pressure and a mighty heave downfield, Orton delivered. He, and his tenacious defense and accurate kicking by Matt Prater gave the Broncos a come-from-behind, 26-20 victory against the Tennessee Titans.

The upset win — Tennessee was favored by as much as a touchdown — evened the Broncos' record at 2-2.

Orton completed 35 of 50 passes for 341 yards and two touchdowns but he's put up huge numbers before. Entering this game, Orton's worst statistical quarter had been the fourth, where he had an 81.9 passer rating compared to 107.0 in the first; 97.6 in the second and 115.5 in the third.

And it looked like the fourth quarter would bite him again when he threw an interception to kill one promising drive, and failed to deliver on a fourth-down throw from his own 4 yard line on another.

But thanks to Broncos' defense that held the Titans to just three first downs in the second half — and one in the fourth quarter — Orton got the ball back near midfield with a bit more than 2 minutes remaining, his team down 20-16.

At first, it appeared the Broncos would once again self destruct, as left tackle Ryan Clady was flagged for holding and Orton was sacked for the sixth time.

But on secone-and-25 from his own 50, Orton slid away from a potential sack. Freed to load up his throw, Orton spotted Jabar Gaffney running down the right sideline a good two steps ahead of his defender. Although, Titans safety Chris Hope came over for help, Gaffney sped past him, too.

As the ball came down at the goal line, Hope attacked Gaffney well before the ball. Yellow-colored laundry filled the field and the pass interference penalty gave the Broncos first and goal at the 1.

Luckily for the Broncos, they drew an illegal formation penalty. That eliminated their putrid running game — backs Laurence Maroney and Correll Buckhalter combined for 8 yards on 17 carries — from their play-call options.

Orton from the shotgun hit Buckhalter in the open on the right flat and the veteran was in for the game-winning score.

The Broncos recovered Prater's quirky bloop kickoff, which set up Prater fourth field goal.

Nomad
10-03-2010, 06:05 PM
I knew the BRONCOS would win today!!

BRONCOS 0-2 when I have watched

BRONCOS 2-0 when I haven't watched:D

pnbronco
10-03-2010, 07:01 PM
I knew the BRONCOS would win today!!

BRONCOS 0-2 when I have watched

BRONCOS 2-0 when I haven't watched:D

Well.......I don't think it's you....but if you're busy on the next few Sundays....we'll understand................:D