PDA

View Full Version : Pittman @ FB?

Crush05
07-29-2008, 02:20 PM
I just read the morning report from todays camp. Said that Pittman took some time @ FB and looked good! IMO this would be great. He is strong and a vet at that. His time in the NFL would prove to be pivotal if he made this move. Opinions?

turftoad
07-29-2008, 02:24 PM
I just read the morning report from todays camp. Said that Pittman took some time @ FB and looked good! IMO this would be great. He is strong and a vet at that. His time in the NFL would prove to be pivotal if he made this move. Opinions?

He was taking snaps a FB because Hillis didn't practice.

That said, I'm sure Pittman will see time at both RB and FB this year as he did in TB and AZ.

If he makes the team.

DenBronx
07-29-2008, 02:33 PM
i dont even see pittman making the team unless he makes a mark at fb. he isnt even our 3rd best rb on the team....so i think this guy is on the bubble to get cut.

Italianmobstr7
07-29-2008, 02:59 PM
wouldn't surprise me to see him cut. He was only at fb today cuz of hollis being out. We have a lot of backs though, and with him being the oldest it wouldn't surprise me to see him gone.

Crush05
07-29-2008, 03:06 PM
Wow you all really think that? In all honesty he has leadership qualities and a great work ethic. I think he stays IMO.:eek:

broncobryce
07-29-2008, 03:09 PM
yeah, unless they cut Sapp instead. Look at the depth chart- Young, Torrain, Sapp, Aldrige, Hillis, Pittman. How many backs do they usually keep?

Lonestar
07-29-2008, 03:12 PM
Him and sapp are gone IMO.. But he will go before sapp as someone up there likes him..

Unless of course someone gets IR'd

Tebow4Ever
07-29-2008, 03:50 PM
Does any of ya know when the first major cuts happen? I for one am looking forward to seeing Pittman on it. His best years are behind him.

Crush05
07-29-2008, 03:50 PM
We will have to wait and see then!!! I will have to agree to disagree on this for now!!!

turftoad
07-29-2008, 03:53 PM
The ONLY thing that saves Pittman is going to be his versatility.

BroncoJoe
07-29-2008, 03:55 PM
Sapp isn't having a great camp so far. Getting chewed out by Shanahan and Turner on a daily basis. Pittman may last, Sapp may be gone.

underrated29
07-29-2008, 04:01 PM
i highly doubt both sapp and pittman will be gone. Who does that leave us with at FB besides the rookie hillis?

I would like to see pittman cut before sapp. Pittman does have some good versatility, but i would rather the young guys get his reps and snaps.

I dont see him making the team, unless he explodes with leadership that is parallel to what rod brought to the team.

Italianmobstr7
07-29-2008, 04:26 PM
Even if Sapp is getting chewed out and having a bad camp, he has the same versatility as Pittman, and he plays ST's. Along with that he KNOWS Denvers system already. I think that Hillis may take over as the starting FB at some point in the season, but I'll bet that Sapp starts the season as the starting FB unless he has a terrible pre-season.

Broncos Mtnman
07-29-2008, 04:52 PM
I have my doubts that Pittman will make the team, but I'm not all that impressed with Sapp either. If not for the Broncos, he would have never played in the NFL IMO.

If it comes down to Sapp or Pittman though, I think Sapp makes it and Pittman is sent packing.

Ziggy
07-29-2008, 05:50 PM
Sapp and Pittman are both average FB's at best. Pittman is a better backup RB IMO though because of the power running he brings to the redzone and short yardage downs. He's also a better receiver. I think we're going to have to keep one of them for a backup FB.