PDA

View Full Version : Jacksonville is Looking for a QB......oh Lord...

WARHORSE
09-27-2010, 01:39 PM
I dont know why, but it crosses your mind doesnt it?

I love Tim Tebow, and think hes going to be the bomb.........

But looking at the way Kyle is playing, and also seeing the very real potential of Tim in the preseason, it makes you wonder, dont it?

If the Jagwads came to us with an offer like..............two firsts......and then some........possibly a DL or sumthin............or another pick....

Would that be a wise move knowing what we know today?

From what I saw of Tim in preseason, and looking at the way he has won over the hearts of the veterans and the lockeroom........I think he is going to
accomplish ALOT as a Bronco signal caller. I also think hes a guy who can stand in the shadow of John and flourish without a problem.

But Kyle is playing very well right now.......so the predicament becomes.....do you sign Kyle to a longer deal?

The only option you have otherwise is to let TT continue to learn, and see if he can outplay Kyle in the next two years to become the man.

If its not a gimme......do you send him to Jax for a cache of draft picks?

Discuss.

Northman
09-27-2010, 01:42 PM
Jax would probably give up the farm for Tebow.

Lonestar
09-27-2010, 01:45 PM
they had a chance to get him in the draft, they need a whole lot more than ONE QB.

Id give them Quinn in a heart beat, but Orton is the starter for now and Tebow is the FQB of the future.

DO not see this happening. unless it is Quinn.

Dreadnought
09-27-2010, 01:47 PM
I'd send them Brady Quinn in a hot minute, no hesitation at all. I'd even throw in a Richard Quinn if the price is right

topscribe
09-27-2010, 01:50 PM
It's beginning to look as if Orton could be a QB for now and for the future. I
wouldn't be against it if the Jags would "give up the farm" for Tebow. But,
in the face of all the adoration and worship of Tebow, it would take some real
cojones to trade him off for anything . . .

-----

WARHORSE
09-27-2010, 01:53 PM

-----

You got that right.

But lets remember....Tebow is an INSTANT stadium sellout.

They would fill that stadium every sunday at least for a year, and all he would have to do is show up on sundays.....

Vewy, vewy inkterdestink for da wads.

http://www.cityofart.net/bship/arte_johnson.jpg

DenBronx
They can have both Quinns and we get Kampman. :D

jhildebrand
I wouldn't do it. There is no way Jax would give up the value we did to get Tebow let alone extra to pry him from us.

robert ethan
09-27-2010, 01:55 PM
If the Jags didn't want Tebow at the draft, there is little likleyhood they would want him now. Whether that is because they don't think Tebow will be a good NFL QB or because they purposely want the team to fail in Florida so they can move it remains to be seen. In either case I doubt they would give up a fifth round pick for Tebow.

Slick
09-27-2010, 01:56 PM
I'd send them Orton if the price was right.

Northman
09-27-2010, 01:59 PM
I'd send them Orton if the price was right.

I could actually see that happening if we were further along in the season with nothing to play for. Maybe if the season is tanked Denver could revisit this with Jax and trade Orton for some picks or something.

topscribe
You got that right.

They would fill that stadium every sunday at least for a year, and all he would have to do is show up on sundays.....

Something Jax needs. The Broncos, however, have a waiting list several
years long for season tickets. They don't need the "instant sellout."

Still, it is a very unlikely scenario . . .

-----

Lonestar

-----

I suspect that Orton is just playing for his NEXT NEXT contract and showing off his skills.

I do not see him being around after his contract expires unless Tim really fubars it.

Denver Native (Carol)
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81ae2287/article/jaguars-to-sign-former-rams-backup-qb-null

The Jacksonville Jags plan to sign backup quarterback Keith Null on Monday, according to a league source.

Null, who was cut by the St. Louis Rams on Sept. 5, started the Rams' last four games in 2009, his rookie season.

The 6-4, 219-pound Null was 0-4 as a starter, losing games to the Tennessee Titans, Houston Texans, Arizona Cardinals and San Francisco 49ers. He was 73-of-119 passing with 566 yards, three touchdowns and nine interceptions.

Null was drafted by the Rams in the sixth round of the 2009 NFL Draft.

WARHORSE
If the Jags didn't want Tebow at the draft, there is little likleyhood they would want him now. Whether that is because they don't think Tebow will be a good NFL QB or because they purposely want the team to fail in Florida so they can move it remains to be seen. In either case I doubt they would give up a fifth round pick for Tebow.

You gotta remember what else is in play for them though.

If they drafted Tim with their 10th pick and he bombs, after everyone and their brother says hes underdeveloped...they would have been roasted.

In hindsight though, that doesnt matter. They have some film of him in the preseason now that they can look at, and its a different story today.

Its gotta be a thought for them......:coffee:

broncophan
09-27-2010, 02:00 PM
Tebow has not done anything so far.....but if the Jags came through with some sort of "Herschel Walker Deal".....it may be worth at least a listen...

honz
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No! No! No! No!

Northman
All i know is we "visited" them and their sales went up. Tebow would do more for them than just play QB.

WARHORSE
09-27-2010, 02:01 PM
Jaguars set to bring in another quarterback

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on September 27, 2010 1:34 PM ET
We speculated following Trent Edwards' release that the Jaguars could be interested in the former Stanford signal-caller.

It turns out they have another quarterback in mind.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that the Jaguars plan to bring in former Rams quarterback Keith Null on Monday and sign him to a contract.

The Jaguars also signed Todd Bouman last week. David Garrard is coming off the worst two-week stretch of his career, but it's tough to see either Bouman or Null as viable alternatives.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/27/jaguars-set-to-bring-in-another-quarterback/

Bouman and Null...............that will fill the seats.......

I Eat Staples
09-27-2010, 02:02 PM
I'd gladly trade him to Jacksonville for a first. Get back one of the two that we wasted the past 2 years.

topscribe
09-27-2010, 02:04 PM
I suspect that Orton is just playing for his NEXT NEXT contract and showing off his skills.

I do not see him being around after his contract expires unless Tim really fubars it.

I don't know where you get that. Orton plays to win. I have never seen
anything else from him, and I've seen a lot of him. I just don't see all this
dumb talk about trading Orton when he is outplaying all but about three or
four QBs in the league right now. Maybe that will change, but it surely is not
the case now. If he keeps this up, I don't see him going anywhere . . .

-----

Slick
09-27-2010, 02:07 PM
I could actually see that happening if we were further along in the season with nothing to play for. Maybe if the season is tanked Denver could revisit this with Jax and trade Orton for some picks or something.

I think week 6 is the trade deadline. I'd do it but then I thought we were a 5 win team to begin with this season.

broncophan
09-27-2010, 02:08 PM

-----

I agree.....I am ok with Orton.....what I am not OK with is him throwing for 472 yards.......something is def. wrong with our offense when Orton throws for over 400 yards.

I don't see him going anywhere either...

Slick
09-27-2010, 02:09 PM
He's playing great Top, no doubt.

topscribe
09-27-2010, 02:10 PM
I agree.....I am ok with Orton.....what I am not OK with is him throwing for 472 yards.......something is def. wrong with our offense when Orton throws for over 400 yards.

Orton has shown he can do it. But I agree: His having to do it will get him killed.

Which would be a good reason to hang onto Tebow. He could take up the reins . . .

. . . until he gets killed . . .

-----

I Eat Staples
09-27-2010, 02:10 PM
I think Orton has proven to be a fine QB and I want him to be here for a long time. But at this point I'm done trying to guess what the front office will do. Besides, it seems like they take the logical decision and do the opposite.

robert ethan
09-27-2010, 02:11 PM

If they drafted Tim with their 10th pick and he bombs, after everyone and their brother says hes underdeveloped...they would have been roasted.

In hindsight though, that doesnt matter. They have some film of him in the preseason now that they can look at, and its a different story today.

Broncos started trading back from the #11 pick. You don't think the Jags could not have done the same. They were completely apathetic towards Tebow from the beginning. Since it is the same management staff in place now as it was 6 months ago, I can't see any change of heart. It isn't like Tebow had set the world on fire at the NFL level to this point. Matter of fact Quinn leapfrogged him on the depth chart last week in practice. If anything the Jags might be interested in Brady. But not Tebow. Not for anything more than a mid round draft pick. If that.

rcsodak
09-27-2010, 02:12 PM
They can have both Quinns and we get Kampman. :D
kampman that hated and SUCKED at the 34? No thanx.
i see them picking up buff's ex-qb (along with oak/kc) first. TT would garner a 1st and maybe a conditional...its not like he's a proven commodity (other than jersey sales).
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

JaxBroncoGirl
09-27-2010, 02:13 PM
It is going to take more the a QB to get the Jaguars going. They really have some serious issues. I would rather see the Broncos keep all of our players and move forward. Jaguars had their chance and did not take it. The Jaguars OL is horrible, heck even Manning would not do well for the Jaguars. Garrard was sacked 6 times yesterday.

nevcraw
09-27-2010, 02:14 PM
Orton has shown he can do it. But I agree: His having to do it will get him killed.

Which would be a good reason to hang onto Tebow. He could take up the reins . . .

. . . until he gets killed . . .

-----

Orton has not shown he can sustain his play nor has he come from behind to win games. I think he has shown a lot.. deserves a ton of praise and respect for his play thus far but he is still has ways to go before I would stop looking for that bellcow.

GEM
09-27-2010, 02:15 PM
Broncos started trading back from the #11 pick. You don't think the Jags could not have done the same. They were completely apathetic towards Tebow from the beginning. Since it is the same management staff in place now as it was 6 months ago, I can't see any change of heart. It isn't like Tebow had set the world on fire at the NFL level to this point. Matter of fact Quinn leapfrogged him on the depth chart last week in practice. If anything the Jags might be interested in Brady. But not Tebow. Not for anything more than a mid round draft pick. If that.

I'd give them Quinn for a peanut just to get rid of him. :lol:

Not really, but we wouldn't get shit in return for him.

Lonestar
09-27-2010, 02:25 PM

they also could have done the same thing Josh did trade back several times and NOT used the 10 pick on him.

the fact is they did not take into consideration just how big a deal he is to Fl fans. I diubt anyone would have gotten roasted.

silkamilkamonico
09-27-2010, 02:30 PM
If we could get something close to equal value for Tebow, I would trade him in a second. QB is the least of our worries. With the way Orton is playing, I think it would be ballsy for McDaniels to make a switch to Tebow in the next couple years just because of where he drafted him, assuming Orton continues to play the way he is.

Lonestar
09-27-2010, 02:31 PM

-----

Do you really believe that Orton would be here for ever if Tebow improves over the next two years.

Not going to happen he gives us way to many options at QB that Josh would not give up if they were close in ability.

Tebow is the future FQB there is NO doubt in anyone's mind about that.

I like Orton and have been since he came to us. but he is gone when Tebow is ready. Of that I have ZERO doubt.

Dreadnought
09-27-2010, 02:32 PM
Well, its all academic now, they just signed Kieth Null...

Thats right, Kieth Null...

...you know, just cut by the Rams, that Kieth Null...

silkamilkamonico
09-27-2010, 02:37 PM
Do you really believe that Orton would be here for ever if Tebow improves over the next two years.

Not going to happen he gives us way to many options at QB that Josh would not give up if they were close in ability.

Tebow is the future FQB there is NO doubt in anyone's mind about that.

I like Orton and have been since he came to us. but he is gone when Tebow is ready. Of that I have ZERO doubt.

If McDaniels makes the switch to Tebow in the next couple years with the way Orton is playing, he better be damn sure the offense isn't going to take a step back.

Because if it does, that will be even more of a boneheaded decision than supposedly wanting to trade Cutler for Cassel.

Shazam!
09-27-2010, 02:41 PM
To War,

You're !#$*&^% crazy.

Sincerely,

Shazam.

Lonestar
09-27-2010, 02:41 PM
If McDaniels makes the switch to Tebow in the next couple years with the way Orton is playing, he better be damn sure the offense isn't going to take a step back.

Because if it does, that will be even more of a boneheaded decision than supposedly wanting to trade Cutler for Cassel.

IF Tebow steps up and plays well Orton will not be re signed after his extension is up and it will be easy to do because Orton will want a HUGE contract which he will deserve. We will not compete in that market with a up and comer QB in Tebow, not going to happen we will be looking for a back up for him and Orton will be way to expensive to set on a bench.

silkamilkamonico
09-27-2010, 02:43 PM
IF Tebow steps up and plays well Orton will not be re signed after his extension is up and it will be easy to do because Orton will want a HUGE contract which he will deserve. We will not compete in that market with a up and comer QB in Tebow, not going to happen we will be looking for a back up for him and Orton will be way to expensive to set on a bench.

Ugh. I dread that day. Apparently right now Tebow isn't even beating out Brady Quinn.

Lonestar
09-27-2010, 02:47 PM
Ugh. I dread that day. Apparently right now Tebow isn't even beating out Brady Quinn.

He is a rookie and will look great one week and suck the next .

Putting in a new playbook each week is going to take a toll on what he can learn. he is a bright kid but is now learning the speed of the NFL.

Nothing wrong with that is there.. We have two more years for him to develop or resign Orton longer term.

If he can beat Orton out or even bring it to a draw, OR even if he is a tad less than Orton is. I say go with the newbie as he gives us MANY more options for the playbook.

Northman
09-27-2010, 02:50 PM

I do. At least at some point. You dont draft a QB in the first round to simply be a backup.

DenBronx
09-27-2010, 02:58 PM
Great, we've got at least another 2 years of debating Orton vs Tebow.

How exciting. :coffee:

broncophan
09-27-2010, 03:00 PM
I do. At least at some point. You dont draft a QB in the first round to simply be a backup.

yea.....I know...at some point......

will be interesting to see how the rest of the season goes.....if Orton continues to play well......he will certainly "deserve" and want a multi-year contract................I would hate to see the broncos improve in all areas....going into next season., not keep Orton, ....and have to rely on an inexperienced qb(Tebow)......been there and done that....

broncophan
09-27-2010, 03:01 PM
Great, we've got at least another 2 years of debating Orton vs Tebow.

How exciting. :coffee:

I say we keep them both.......no debating here......:)

Northman
09-27-2010, 03:01 PM

Well, right now we have been middle of the pack in terms of scoring so the chances of Tebow improving is as good as any at this point.

Northman
09-27-2010, 03:03 PM

will be interesting to see how the rest of the season goes.....if Orton continues to play well......he will certainly "deserve" and want a multi-year contract................I would hate to see the broncos improve in all areas....going into next season., not keep Orton, ....and have to rely on an inexperienced qb(Tebow)......been there and done that....

If we cant win and make the playoffs i doubt that would matter much.

Buff
09-27-2010, 03:09 PM
We're just as likely to trade them Pat Bowlen as we are Orton or Tebow at this point in time. No reason to even speculate about something so far fetched.

broncophan
09-27-2010, 03:12 PM
We're just as likely to trade them Pat Bowlen as we are Orton or Tebow at this point in time. No reason to even speculate about something so far fetched.

many around here would claim that McD has tried to trade Bowlen.........

JaxBroncoGirl
09-27-2010, 03:19 PM
This thread belongs in the Jaguar forum, please don't even think about trading any of our players right now. Broncos are just fine. We are improving on all fronts and I think once the injured come back we will be even better. Go Broncos!

I Eat Staples
09-27-2010, 03:40 PM
Well, right now we have been middle of the pack in terms of scoring so the chances of Tebow improving is as good as any at this point.

I disagree. Right now we're struggling in the redzone, I think Tebow would have trouble even getting there.

many around here would claim that McD has tried to trade Bowlen.........

Good post.

Northman
09-27-2010, 03:42 PM
I disagree. Right now we're struggling in the redzone, I think Tebow would have trouble even getting there.

This year? Perhaps, but by next year i think he will be ok.

gobroncsnv
09-27-2010, 09:57 PM
I'd only entertain offers for Quinn. I don't want our only backup to be the franchise's second coming of Gus Frerotte. Hang on to Tebow, sell the Brady.

BeefStew25
09-27-2010, 10:03 PM
Jags did not even sell out the Bronco game. Gene Smith is a good GM.

Tebow would not have done shyt for ticket sales. Vick sold more tickets than Tebow.

sneakers
09-27-2010, 11:51 PM
You got that right.

They should trade the farm for Tebow then, because they would be saving their franchise from becoming the LA Jaguars.

silkamilkamonico
09-28-2010, 12:00 AM
This year? Perhaps, but by next year i think he will be ok.

I'm obviously just speculating at this point, but I don't see Tebow as a high % completion passer. I think he would be the kind of QB if he prospers where he's completing less than 60% of his passes, but makes some big plays. I don't think he has the accuracy in the short game to move the chains all the way down the field.

It's one of the reasons why I was completely shocked that McDaniels wanted Tebow. Not that Tebow won't succeed, but I can't see him succeeding in a passing oriented offense that emphasizes ball control.

SonoftheSouth
09-28-2010, 03:10 AM
I'd send them Brady Quinn in a hot minute, no hesitation at all. I'd even throw in a Richard Quinn if the price is right

You mean for like a 7'th? :laugh:

Lonestar
09-28-2010, 06:50 AM
I'm obviously just speculating at this point, but I don't see Tebow as a high % completion passer. I think he would be the kind of QB if he prospers where he's completing less than 60% of his passes, but makes some big plays. I don't think he has the accuracy in the short game to move the chains all the way down the field.

It's one of the reasons why I was completely shocked that McDaniels wanted Tebow. Not that Tebow won't succeed, but I can't see him succeeding in a passing oriented offense that emphasizes ball control.

IIRC Tebow set records for completion % in college.

JaxBroncoGirl
09-28-2010, 09:16 AM

Where have you been the last four years? Just look at his stats. Give the kid a break. Yes, I wrote KID.

Sorry - my bad, I quoted the wrong person = this is for the fellow you quoted.

turftoad
09-28-2010, 10:34 AM
Jacksonville, along with a handful of other teams should be offering up a first for Kolb.

DenBronx
09-28-2010, 12:34 PM

Tebow would not have done shyt for ticket sales. Vick sold more tickets than Tebow.

FAIL
http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq106/Bex21_photos/new/failedkick.gif

rcsodak
09-28-2010, 12:43 PM
just as likely to score less...taking into account his lack of reading coverages in college and only a few months into learning the playbook, HIGHLY PROBABLE to score even less.

silkamilkamonico
09-28-2010, 12:48 PM

He played in a QB friendly spread oriented offense that had 11 players on offense that were all bigger/faster/stronger than the opposing defenses collectively, and individually. Graham Harrell and Timmy Change set records for completion %'s in college, among other things.

rcsodak
09-28-2010, 12:53 PM

Huh? They sold enough to not be blacked out, IIRC. Thats a big deal for them. Plus, didnt they sell a crazy number of tix for that game once they opened up their box office? Like 5000 or somethin....and that was them knowing he'd be lucky to even sniff the field, let alone play! Not sure ANYTHING can save the jax franchise, but until his shine wears off......

rcsodak
09-28-2010, 12:56 PM
Jacksonville, along with a handful of other teams should be offering up a first for Kolb.
a 1st? He's no Cassell.

:D

WARHORSE
09-28-2010, 01:06 PM
they also could have done the same thing Josh did trade back several times and NOT used the 10 pick on him.

the fact is they did not take into consideration just how big a deal he is to Fl fans. I diubt anyone would have gotten roasted.

Possible.

But they werent in a position in the draft that was a hot point for trade offers.

Had we not found a trade partner to come off of the 12th pick, we would not have Tebow on our roster.

It would be..............HMMMmmmm.......wonder who it would have be
:confused:

WARHORSE
09-28-2010, 01:15 PM
This thread belongs in the Jaguar forum, please don't even think about trading any of our players right now. Broncos are just fine. We are improving on all fronts and I think once the injured come back we will be even better. Go Broncos!

Dont sweat it gatorgirl.....this wont be happening.

Simply a thought that came to my head when I heard Jax was looking for a QB.

Not impossible, but Tebow is a Bronco to stay.

But I thought Cutler was at one time too.:D

WARHORSE
09-28-2010, 01:18 PM

True.

He knows how to get a concussion off a simple tackle.

Not to mention his practice experience.
;)

WARHORSE
09-28-2010, 01:20 PM
Huh? They sold enough to not be blacked out, IIRC. Thats a big deal for them. Plus, didnt they sell a crazy number of tix for that game once they opened up their box office? Like 5000 or somethin....and that was them knowing he'd be lucky to even sniff the field, let alone play! Not sure ANYTHING can save the jax franchise, but until his shine wears off......

If TT were starting in Jax, the stadium would sell out. Of that I have no doubt.

But thats just couch potato me.:coffee:

I Eat Staples
09-28-2010, 01:35 PM

Exactly. Lots of players set records in college and were nothing in the NFL. I don't understand how anyone can see an NFL skillset in Tebow.

robert ethan
09-29-2010, 01:02 PM
God is definitely on Tebow's side, and wouldn't allow Tim to end up in a situation before he was ready. The pressure in Jax would be overwhelming for him since it's obvious that Garrard is just a glorified journeyman. Best thing that happened to him was getting picked by Denver, and I'm sure he will reward that faith in good time.

The flip flop on the depth chart is to keep both guys motivated. Josh would be doing it regardless of "practice play". Quinn is a good quarterback and so is Tebow. They are just stuck behind one of the hottest passers in the game at the moment.

silkamilkamonico
09-29-2010, 01:10 PM
God is definitely on Tebow's side, and wouldn't allow Tim to end up in a situation before he was ready. The pressure in Jax would be overwhelming for him since it's obvious that Garrard is just a glorified journeyman. Best thing that happened to him was getting picked by Denver, and I'm sure he will reward that faith in good time.

The flip flop on the depth chart is to keep both guys motivated. Josh would be doing it regardless of "practice play". Quinn is a good quarterback and so is Tebow. They are just stuck behind one of the hottest passers in the game at the moment.

With all due respect, I think it's silly to throw in the "God is looking out for Tebow" aspect, because if god was really looking out for Tebow, he'd be better than Peyton Manning at this point, and starting.

weazel
09-29-2010, 01:19 PM

and the rights to Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman!

TXBRONC
09-29-2010, 01:26 PM

If Orton continues to play well but we're not winning I don't think that would save his job.