PDA

View Full Version : Is it the def. or off. over 900 yards but very few points..

broncos9697
09-17-2007, 02:40 PM
Whats going on we have squeaked out the first two games of the season against below 500 teams..Yes we are 2-0 which is great but whats going on over 900 yards of off. but the points dont show it at all...
is it down in the red zone or to many T.O.
the def.gave up a few yards this last game the run d. needs a little help....
WHAts GOING ON..

SBboundBRONCOS
09-17-2007, 03:17 PM
i think its field position

i dont think we can expect such a young/new offense to constantly go over 80 yards to score a td

we need to stop them sooner and get a few yards from punt returns

broncos9697
09-17-2007, 03:19 PM
[QUOTE=SBboundBRONCOS;17782]i think its field position

hixon he's a great returner if he can get some blocking down for him..he's doing his job...

Day1BroncoFan
09-17-2007, 06:28 PM
Field position plays a roll no doubt. Part of the problem is not finishing drives with points. We have several drives this year for 30 to 50 yards and no points. I don't have the exact stats handy or time to look them up.

We are first in YPG and 17th in PPG. That's a huge difference. I don't think it's all field postition.

If didn't have a pretty good D, we'd be hurting a lot worse.

Slick
09-17-2007, 06:58 PM
[QUOTE=SBboundBRONCOS;17782]i think its field position

hixon he's a great returner if he can get some blocking down for him..he's doing his job...

You must be seeing something I don't. I think he's hesitant and sometimes you have to show some stones and so far I don't see that from Hixon. I agree that the blocking has been poor, but he hasn't been exploding when he catches the punt or the kickoff. It seems like he jogs.

TXBRONC
09-17-2007, 08:04 PM
I don't think its something to worry about just yet. With the way the offense has been moving ball I really think they will get all worked and will see a rise in points scored.

squints
09-17-2007, 09:19 PM
Whats going on we have squeaked out the first two games of the season against below 500 teams..Yes we are 2-0 which is great but whats going on over 900 yards of off. but the points dont show it at all...
is it down in the red zone or to many T.O.
the def.gave up a few yards this last game the run d. needs a little help....
WHAts GOING ON..

**Note** This is not a Elam bash post, so please take it easy.
I hate to say it, but 3 missed FG's and 1 missed TD. I think Elam is a HOF kicker, but missed FG's take it out of a team. Missed 2 in the first game denver would have been up by 5, and not forced to kick a last second FG. Second game 1 missed FG, would not have gone to OT. Elam needs to find what made all of us Broncos fan love him.