PDA

View Full Version : Da Bomb

gobroncsnv
09-27-2010, 07:09 AM
Well, since I don't see that it was posted anywhere else, did anyone think that was a beautiful pass that Orton uncorked to Lloyd for our TD yesterday? Nobody could have thrown that one any better or more accurately, it was PERFECT!
Our bread and butter is, and will continue to be, short passes, but with the receivers we have, and the line coming together, Orton's comfort level is rising. We CAN hit a long ball now and again.

Shazam!
09-27-2010, 08:16 AM
Orton has no arm. Its not like it was a 50+ yd TD pass...

:)

Grover
09-27-2010, 08:26 AM
Yeah, and Orton is never acccurate on long throws either! :D

Lonestar
09-27-2010, 08:36 AM
Actually if you look from where he threw the ball to where it was caught closer to 60 (58 if my calculations are correct) than the offical 45.

Perhaps now the noodle arm comments can end.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

rcsodak
09-27-2010, 08:40 AM
Actually if you look from where he threw the ball to where it was caught closer to 60 (58 if my calculations are correct) than the offical 45.

Perhaps now the noodle arm comments can end.
will never happen, jr. The haters are too far gone.

MasterShake
09-27-2010, 08:41 AM
That was coming toward my section when I saw it live, and could not believe he hit him. At first I thought he was over throwing him, but damned if it did not hit him perfectly in stride. The best part was Lloyd made a great catch then kind of tripped over his own feet as he was walking out of the endzone! :lol:

Last time I saw a Bronco throw a pass that perfect was when Cutler hit Javon Walker for like 60 yards for a TD against Arizona.

Dreadnought
09-27-2010, 08:50 AM
A terrific pass. Orton looks more confident this year, and he was getting superb line play as well.

will never happen, jr. The haters are too far gone.

Um...No.

MadMax
09-27-2010, 09:04 AM
I saw it and yelled at my girlfriend "Bam! Who says Kyle Orton can't throw the long bomb!" And she turned to me and said "Who's Kyle Orton?"

I sure wish she watched football.

gobroncsnv
09-27-2010, 10:02 PM
Shake, that one you describe by Cutler is the only real BOMB that he hit someone in stride. And he did it in his first year here. I still remember the look on JW's face as he caught the ball... pure astonishment and admiration, you could tell. Can't think of a pass that Jay has thrown in his career that was (or could have been ) any better.
And the pass by KO yesterday was THAT good. Dropped right in on top where ONLY Lloyd could have caught it, another foot, he's out of the end zone. Just stinkin' perfect. We lost the game, but man, I LOVED that play.
Dang Max... just don't know what to say man. Perhaps just the MOST insensitive thing she could have said at that very special moment. :>)

BeefStew25
09-27-2010, 10:04 PM
I was impressed by Bey Bey's tackle on Orton's pick.

AZBronco
09-28-2010, 11:51 PM
I saw it and yelled at my girlfriend "Bam! Who says Kyle Orton can't throw the long bomb!" And she turned to me and said "Who's Kyle Orton?"

I sure wish she watched football.
I finally got my girl to watch the Broncos game with me and as I explained who everybody was, she looked at Kyle Orton on tv and said "he doesn't look like a Kyle, he looks like a Rick. I'm gonna call him Rick Horton." Since then it's been Rick every time.
I don't care what she calls him, as long as she's down to watch the game!

Magnificent Seven
09-29-2010, 12:13 AM
They should do more hail mary plays often on the field than getting trapped at the red zone.

DenBronx
09-29-2010, 12:29 AM
Well, since I don't see that it was posted anywhere else, did anyone think that was a beautiful pass that Orton uncorked to Lloyd for our TD yesterday? Nobody could have thrown that one any better or more accurately, it was PERFECT!
Our bread and butter is, and will continue to be, short passes, but with the receivers we have, and the line coming together, Orton's comfort level is rising. We CAN hit a long ball now and again.

I loved it! Just want to see him do it again and again and again. :beer:

Llyod does have some of the best hands I've seen though. But Orton put it where only he could get it. Tough catch but better throw by Orton. Orton doesn't get rattled and I like that. He is very smart as a QB and doesn't throw the game away when things are down. I could see he was a little frustrated at some of the play calls when we were in the redzone. He looks hungry and looks to know this system very well. It's shocking to see him doing so much better.

pnbronco
09-29-2010, 12:48 AM
That was coming toward my section when I saw it live, and could not believe he hit him. At first I thought he was over throwing him, but damned if it did not hit him perfectly in stride. The best part was Lloyd made a great catch then kind of tripped over his own feet as he was walking out of the endzone! :lol:

Last time I saw a Bronco throw a pass that perfect was when Cutler hit Javon Walker for like 60 yards for a TD against Arizona.

Shake we sit in the North End Zone too and I was watching just going OMG, and louder and louder and then Lloyd caught it!!!! Oh was amazing to watch it come towards us.