PDA

View Full Version : I Loved the DEFENSE Today.........

WARHORSE
09-26-2010, 09:18 PM
Yeah, they scored 27. But this game could have EASILY and SHOULD have been ours.

Our defense stopped Peyton numerous times, and our offense failed to capitalize.

Our redzone offense sputtered, and alot of it was playcalling, and some of it was Orton and the WRs not being on the same page.

How about the run call at third and 12 early on? I was PISSED.

Our passing attack is SICK though. Kyle is thriving in this offense, and the WRs are making it easy on him.

That one play at the end of the game where DT jumped up for a pass in the corner of the endzone while double covered, I was amazed at how high he got. They stripped the ball, but man, that earlier one on one fade in the corner to him should have been a jump ball, cause this dude can get up. He was holding his arm when he got up.....anyone hear anything on that?

I was VERY impressed with some of the third down stops we got on Manning.

The defense looked tons ahead of what it looked like in weeks one and two, regardless of what we did to Seattle imo. This d is starting to gel, and we should keep praying they stay healthy.

This game made me sick that DOOM is out for the year. Im optimistic though that we can get even more stiff as a D.

The run D was awesome, and we gave Manning plenty to think about. Dallas Clark was a no show, and other than some perfect passes by Peyton, we did well, and didnt blitz him a whole lot.

The run blocking is not what it needs to be yet, but I was fired up at our pass protection.

I believe in this team. Good health into the latter part of the season will bring cohesiveness that I believe will make us very tough to beat.

You better believe McDaniels will be coaching up those fade routes and redzone offense this week.

BTW........anyone missing Peyton Hillis?

Hes just the type of back this offense needs.
Hand the ball off and point him to a hole, and he will carry four defenders for a minimum four yards.

Too bad he cant read defenses.

Either way...............BRONCOS BABY!!!!!!!!!!

Thnikkaman
09-26-2010, 09:21 PM
I am so with you Warhorse. As soon as our O-Line gets the blocking scheme for the running game and stops making mistakes (4 holding penalties), we will be a force to be reckoned with. We are a 1-2 team that is playing like a 3-0 team. We will be in the playoff hunt at the end of the year.

gobroncsnv
09-26-2010, 09:34 PM
Many of my thoughts as well... I was only bummed about the defense is that our CB's just DIDN'T turn around. Seems like we'd have had a few int's if they (Champ included) would have just looked back for the ball. Seemed like we had watched some old Deltha O'neal video.
Otherwise, the D absolutely impressed me. This was so much better than being down by 28 at the end of the first quarter. How good could our D be with a real (consistent and INsistent) pass rush?

Northman
09-26-2010, 09:37 PM
We will get a better test against Chris Johnson next week.

rcsodak
09-26-2010, 09:45 PM
part of not turning around is good playing by wr's, and not showing their hands til the last second. Indy knows how to coachup their wrs.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Bosco
09-26-2010, 09:50 PM
I was exceedingly happy with the defensive performance today. We handled the Colts very well with 2 of their 3 touchdowns coming against a rookie corner making his first start. As I had suspected, Martindale had been playing it pretty vanilla the first two weeks and threw some good calls at Manning.

As much as I hate losses, I am having trouble finding anything to be discouraged about after this game.

SR
09-26-2010, 10:56 PM
Everyone else pretty much said what I think. We lost and that sucks, but the defense, Robert Ayers especially, gave me something to look forward to.

pnbronco
09-26-2010, 11:17 PM
You know I'm feeling I've been watching Ayers growing up and he seems to be getting more and more comfortable with each game. This is a kid that a year ago I could tell was lost in the action.

Plus Nate Jones was so much stronger than I thought he would be. I just saw him all over the place. McBath did some good stuff today also. They did a much better job than I believed they could today. It's always tough to loose and of course I didn't enjoy it, but I did see flashes of some really good stuff.

Elevation inc
09-27-2010, 03:37 AM
Yeah, they scored 27. But this game could have EASILY and SHOULD have been ours.

Our defense stopped Peyton numerous times, and our offense failed to capitalize.

Our redzone offense sputtered, and alot of it was playcalling, and some of it was Orton and the WRs not being on the same page.

How about the run call at third and 12 early on? I was PISSED.

Our passing attack is SICK though. Kyle is thriving in this offense, and the WRs are making it easy on him.

That one play at the end of the game where DT jumped up for a pass in the corner of the endzone while double covered, I was amazed at how high he got. They stripped the ball, but man, that earlier one on one fade in the corner to him should have been a jump ball, cause this dude can get up. He was holding his arm when he got up.....anyone hear anything on that?

I was VERY impressed with some of the third down stops we got on Manning.

The defense looked tons ahead of what it looked like in weeks one and two, regardless of what we did to Seattle imo. This d is starting to gel, and we should keep praying they stay healthy.

This game made me sick that DOOM is out for the year. Im optimistic though that we can get even more stiff as a D.

The run D was awesome, and we gave Manning plenty to think about. Dallas Clark was a no show, and other than some perfect passes by Peyton, we did well, and didnt blitz him a whole lot.

The run blocking is not what it needs to be yet, but I was fired up at our pass protection.

I believe in this team. Good health into the latter part of the season will bring cohesiveness that I believe will make us very tough to beat.

You better believe McDaniels will be coaching up those fade routes and redzone offense this week.

BTW........anyone missing Peyton Hillis?

Hes just the type of back this offense needs.
Hand the ball off and point him to a hole, and he will carry four defenders for a minimum four yards.

Too bad he cant read defenses.

Either way...............BRONCOS BABY!!!!!!!!!!

im starting to feel as well we made a mistake with hillis.....i get why MCd probally traded him......but the guy is proving that he can just bowl people over regardless or scheme or reading defenses......we could use that for our young OL to gain some confidence......MCd made some mistakes for sure so far, and i defended him trading hillis, and still do, because to be honest hillis wasnt his type of guy....

but how can you not think what if....with what hillis is doing in clevland....he single handidly kept clevland close to baltimore all game.....

I mean im sure hillis isnt a great fit for this complex offense, but i see no reason now why we couldnt just hand him the ball in short situations and say go......:tsk:

Elevation inc
09-27-2010, 03:40 AM
Ayers, vickerson, jamal, mcbath, champ, Jones, Dj really stood out today with some key plays.....ayers is actually quite good at getting pressure and im pretty certain the sacks will start to come as the year progresses.....vickerson, thomas and bannan are starting to get pressure as well......

SR
09-27-2010, 06:43 AM
You know I'm feeling I've been watching Ayers growing up and he seems to be getting more and more comfortable with each game. This is a kid that a year ago I could tell was lost in the action.

Plus Nate Jones was so much stronger than I thought he would be. I just saw him all over the place. McBath did some good stuff today also. They did a much better job than I believed they could today. It's always tough to loose and of course I didn't enjoy it, but I did see flashes of some really good stuff.

Jones pissed me off...he blew the coverage on Collie several times.

Tned
09-27-2010, 07:43 AM
im starting to feel as well we made a mistake with hillis.....i get why MCd probally traded him......but the guy is proving that he can just bowl people over regardless or scheme or reading defenses......we could use that for our young OL to gain some confidence......MCd made some mistakes for sure so far, and i defended him trading hillis, and still do, because to be honest hillis wasnt his type of guy....

but how can you not think what if....with what hillis is doing in clevland....he single handidly kept clevland close to baltimore all game.....

I mean im sure hillis isnt a great fit for this complex offense, but i see no reason now why we couldnt just hand him the ball in short situations and say go......:tsk:

FWIW, I don't think there was anything other than message board chatter (primarily started by two posters, and then repeated by many others) about him not being smart enough to handle the offense, read defenses, etc.

Maybe it's true. I'm not saying it isn't, but I, like a lot of people, find it pretty ironic that one NFL player is being called out as too dumb to play, when we have all seen the interviews, quotes, etc. of so many players. Quite honestly, it's just hard to believe that Hillis is so much dumber than every player in the NFL, that he is the only guy in the NFL too dumb to play in McD's offense, which is essentially what is used as a defense for trading him.

Nomad
09-27-2010, 07:47 AM
I thought this was about the :defense:!:confused:

Defense did a good job, I thought the BRONCOS would have won but in the end we didn't. Now time to prep for the Titans and win a big game on the road!!

Tned
09-27-2010, 07:52 AM
I thought this was about the :defense:!:confused:

Defense did a good job, I thought the BRONCOS would have won but in the end we didn't. Now time to prep for the Titans and win a big game on the road!!

Isn't the best defense, an offense that keeps the other teams offense off the field? :confused:

;)

Nomad
09-27-2010, 08:04 AM
Isn't the best defense, an offense that keeps the other teams offense off the field? :confused:

;)

No one can disagree with that but the :defense: did a good job overall today against an elite offense who usually shreds us! I know about dwelling on the 'what ifs'. I always dream about 'what if' we drafted Ngata and more defense these past drafts, what this team would be like!! or kept Tatum and Mike Bell!!

atwater27
09-27-2010, 08:30 AM
Hold on a second. We had NO sacks, NO interceptions, NO fumble recoveries, and we gave up 27 points. On what planet is that considered good, or even promising defense?

MasterShake
09-27-2010, 08:32 AM
With all due respect to the Chiefs, I think we are gonna make a run for the division toward the end of the year. This team has too much talent to fade in the stretch. I just see us getting better. Where last year we peaked right before they Bye Week, I feel that the sky is the limit if we can punch it into the red zone. I think we would have won if Knowshon was healthy yesterday, he would have been a difference maker and took some pressure of in the Red Zone more consistently. Our biggest problem near the goal line yesterday was no threat of a run game. On a short field its easy to drop into zones and play the pass pretty effectively when there is no fear of the run. Despite what the score said, the game was pretty close most of the day yesterday and should have been won. I think we are much closer than we were last year to something special. The bad news is we are 1-2, but so are 2 other teams in our division. Its going to be a sprint to the playoffs soon, and I like how loaded we are on offense and we have the kind of defense to get the job done. This can be a scary team when firing on all cylinders. We saw it against Seatlle, and should have saw it against a very good Colts team. Lets just hope we don't regress against the Titans. If Johnson lights us up for a 100+ yds I won't know what to think! :lol:

MasterShake
09-27-2010, 08:35 AM
Hold on a second. We had NO sacks, NO interceptions, NO fumble recoveries, and we gave up 27 points. On what planet is that considered good, or even promising defense?

The defense put us in a position to win the game well into the 3rd quarter. If the offense could have scored on 3 or 4 of the Red Zone trips the Colts would have had their backs to the wall and the turnovers may have come. I know it sounds like "coulda woulda", and it is, but you have to be a little impressed by how many times they shut down a high powered offense. The late TDs were just ungodly timing between Manning and Collie.

pnbronco
09-27-2010, 11:16 PM
I don't if this has been posted anywhere, but last Monday Champ was in crutches at the Boys and Girls benefit. Stink thought there was no way he could play on Sunday. I find it amazing that he did everything he did given this info.