PDA

View Full Version : Why did Mc D'oh draft Tebow again ?

MileHiWildcat
09-26-2010, 08:26 PM
Today's lack of success in the red zone was EXACTLY the right time to use Tim Tebow's running skills. Did Mc D'oh do that ? No. I have always felt that college coaches are far smarter when compared to NFL coaches. They are forced to make the most of player skillsets. Why was a draft pick wasted on Tebow if he will not be used to help the team win ?

honz
09-26-2010, 08:29 PM
Because he is our QB of the future, not our short yardage gimmick boy.

rcsodak
09-26-2010, 08:30 PM
^^^ EXACTLY!

/thread
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

jhildebrand
09-26-2010, 08:31 PM
I bitched about the gimmicks in the Jags game based on down and distance and field position. I am not sure I would feel the same had we lined up Tebow on the 1 yard line once or twice.

silkamilkamonico
09-26-2010, 08:38 PM
Today's lack of success in the red zone was EXACTLY the right time to use Tim Tebow's running skills. Did Mc D'oh do that ? No. I have always felt that college coaches are far smarter when compared to NFL coaches. They are forced to make the most of player skillsets. Why was a draft pick wasted on Tebow if he will not be used to help the team win ?

Tebow was the #3 QB today, and could not be "temprorarily" subbed in packages.

Way to keep up with the NFL times.....not.

MileHiWildcat
09-26-2010, 08:39 PM
I bitched about the gimmicks in the Jags game based on down and distance and field position. I am not sure I would feel the same had we lined up Tebow on the 1 yard line once or twice.

EXACTLY my point.

cuzz4169
09-26-2010, 08:41 PM
The guy is arguably the best short yardages back in college history!! its not a gimmick to put him in there on third and goal to get some dang points on the board....it was a joke!! he has a nose for the goal line I say use him he cant be any worse than what we have been doing.

rcsodak
09-26-2010, 08:44 PM
college vs nfl.
must ya'll be CONSTANTLY reminded?

honz
09-26-2010, 08:48 PM
Tebow's way to slow to punch it in with the kind of blocking we are getting down on the goal line. He'd get hit before he sniffs the LOS, IMO. I'd much rather us continue to try and run the ball in and live with the results. Seriously, if you can't gain a yard in 4 downs you really don't deserve to score.

silkamilkamonico
09-26-2010, 08:50 PM
Tebow's way to slow to punch it in with the kind of blocking we are getting down on the goal line. He'd get hit before he sniffs the LOS, IMO. I'd much rather us continue to try and run the ball in and live with the results. Seriously, if you can't gain a yard in 4 downs you really don't deserve to score.

You're on crack. Tim Tebow's 2 runs for 2 yards in the Wildcat this season would surely be the difference maker.

honz
09-26-2010, 08:52 PM
You're on crack. Tim Tebow's 2 runs for 2 yards in the Wildcat this season would surely be the difference maker.
Not to nitpick, but I'm pretty sure it's 2 runs for 1 yard. :shocked:

NightTrainLayne
09-26-2010, 08:52 PM

Right. Folks were upset that we used Tebow in a situation in Week 1, where at least there was a threat of either run or pass, and he was completely unsuccessful running.

Now, at the goal-line, when everyone and their mother know we're going to try and run, you think Tebow is going to be any more successful? I'm sorry. I'm looking forward to see Tebow when he's ready, but I'm not going to put that much on his shoulders right now.

silkamilkamonico
09-26-2010, 08:54 PM
Now, at the goal-line, when everyone and their mother know we're going to try and run, you think Tebow is going to be any more successful? I'm sorry. I'm looking forward to see Tebow when he's ready, but I'm not going to put that much on his shoulders right now.

Again, this is what people don't understand. If tim Tebow comes in during that goal line stand, Kyle Orton cannot play the rest of the game.

NightTrainLayne
09-26-2010, 08:59 PM
Again, this is what people don't understand. If tim Tebow comes in during that goal line stand, Kyle Orton cannot play the rest of the game.

Well, obviously, since Tebow wasn't active today he wasn't going to come in at all. . .but this is exactly why he wasn't active today.

McD has said NUMEROUS times that Tebow was drafted to be our future #1 QB, utilized in much the same way the Orton is utilized now. Since Orton is so proficient right now, there is no reason for Tebow to be used in a "gimmick" type situation. He really doesn't add much right now.

omahacolt
09-26-2010, 09:15 PM
hahhahah
yeah

tim tebow would have helped

rcsodak
09-26-2010, 09:15 PM
Right. Folks were upset that we used Tebow in a situation in Week 1, where at least there was a threat of either run or pass, and he was completely unsuccessful running.

but, but, but.....that would be the perfect spot for a Tebor "jump pass"!

JaxBroncoGirl
09-26-2010, 10:14 PM
Now we have the real test of our game!! Josh must have a different game plan in place and it did not work. I think we played well today, but let us break it down to see what we really look like since we did play an actual NFL team today. Again, we played a good game against a good team, not like before. Given that I am very proud of the Broncos, Yes we could have done things better. Go Broncos!!!!!!!!!!!!

jhildebrand
09-26-2010, 10:26 PM
Now we have the real test of our game!! Josh must have a different game plan in place and it did not work. I think we played well today, but let us break it down to see what we really look like since we did play an actual NFL team today. Again, we played a good game against a good team, not like before. Given that I am very proud of the Broncos, Yes we could have done things better. Go Broncos!!!!!!!!!!!!

You wont get much credibility insisting the Seahawks aren't a good team er a real one as you put it. They beat a Charger team who most assuredly will be in the playoffs again this year.

Also, any win in the NFL is a big win.

Shazam!
09-26-2010, 11:32 PM
The only time I want to see Tebow in is if the Season is lost and to give him some experience. Putting him in on short yardage is just going to get him hurt.

Broncos Mtnman
09-27-2010, 12:10 AM
The only time I want to see Tebow in is if the Season is lost

Coming soon to a stadium near you.

GEM
09-27-2010, 12:37 AM
Because McD doesn't find Tebow to have the experience to go against the likes of one of the best teams in the NFL, so he put him at #3, not wanting him to see the field, even if Orton went down with injury. He didn't want the game in Tebow's hands if Orton got hurt.

Elevation inc
09-27-2010, 03:32 AM
i dont think the tebow pick was the wisest choice, but i also dont think Anyone expected Orton to lead the league in passing right now.....haha....so i can still understand why we went that route......

jslltop
09-27-2010, 07:00 AM
I couldn't agree more. I watched Tebow his four years at Florida and he owned the red zone. Even as a freshman he was used in short yardage situations as well as the red zone and had a very high rate of TD's.

My question to McDaniels is - how could Tim done any worse than what Orton accomplished in the red zone and I believe he would have scored on at least two of the the three.

First and goal twice and no production give me a break! Nothing against Orton as a qb but even if a qb produces a 1000 yard passing and can't put it away - what a waste!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! jsalltop

Tned
09-27-2010, 07:35 AM

I think everyone gets that, it appears to be more of a hypothetical conversation.

Also, as to the rule, to make sure people understand it, If an emergency QB is used in the first three quarters, then the first two QBs can't play again at any time in that game. In the 4th quarter, any QB is allowed to play, including the emergency QB.

EastCoastBronco
09-27-2010, 10:13 AM
Tebow/Schmebow....We traded our REAL drive finisher to the Browns for a jock strap and Brady Quinn. Yesterday we paid for it. We need a bruiser of a back. The dancers and high steppers are great between the 20's but inside the 5 we need a tank. Period.
I hear that Brandon Jacobs is unhappy in NY...;-)

oubronco
09-27-2010, 10:17 AM
Maybe it's becuase he's soooooooo good at holding that clipboard

Dreadnought
09-27-2010, 10:38 AM

Exactly, and I'd be upset if we were using him for gimmick plays now.

Tebow is a long term investment. He may pay off big time given his pretty amazing skill set. Or maybe not - but drafting him was still a good gamble. In any event, his proper role as a rookie QB is watching, learning, and yes - holding a clipboard. This is made even easier by the fact that Kyle Orton is playing near brilliantly, meaning no controversy exists unless you want to try and manufacture one.

There are legit things to complain about on this team (I could even provide a handy list :D), but this one? No

WARHORSE
09-27-2010, 11:11 AM
The only time I want to see Tebow in is if the Season is lost and to give him some experience. Putting him in on short yardage is just going to get him hurt.

I would have put him in at the goaline yesterday rather than watch Maphoney hit the goaline standing tall.

If he gets hurt......he gets hurt. This is the NFL, and its about winning on sundays. If Tebow can help us get the win.......you run him.

Tebow would have scored on all three of those run attempts on that one series at the goaline. So would knowshon.....eventually.:shocked:

JaxBroncoGirl
09-27-2010, 01:03 PM
Because McD doesn't find Tebow to have the experience to go against the likes of one of the best teams in the NFL, so he put him at #3, not wanting him to see the field, even if Orton went down with injury. He didn't want the game in Tebow's hands if Orton got hurt.

Totally agree with you. Tebow was said to have struggled last week in practice. McD game plan just did not include Tebow. I think we played well because the team is moving forward. I see good things from this young and injured team.

dogfish
09-27-2010, 01:08 PM
Why did Mc D'oh draft Tebow again ?

because he's an idiot who is less than clueless, if he's not outright trying to ruin the franchuise. . . .

come on, we've been over this already!

GEM
09-27-2010, 01:26 PM
because he's an idiot who is less than clueless, if he's not outright trying to ruin the franchuise. . . .

come on, we've been over this already!

Ohs noes!!!!!1111!!!! Dis is de end of de world! Orton is the Devil's minion. We's need Jesus!!! Put Jesus in de mudder****ing game, debil!!

:laugh:

Note: This message is a complete joke. If you get your feelers in a bunch over it, you need to settle it down a bit and breathe. Gear down big shifter, it's supposed to be funny.

Slick
09-27-2010, 01:33 PM
I would have put him in at the goaline yesterday rather than watch Maphoney hit the goaline standing tall.

If he gets hurt......he gets hurt. This is the NFL, and its about winning on sundays. If Tebow can help us get the win.......you run him.

Tebow would have scored on all three of those run attempts on that one series at the goaline. So would knowshon.....eventually.:shocked:

I agree for the simple reason that Tim is bigger than any Colts linebacker. Their game is speed. The way to counter attack that is with power up the gut. I'd have taken my chances on letting Tim run over Gary Brackett.

gatorpower
09-27-2010, 01:40 PM

Hypothetically-speaking: What would fans be saying if Tebow tried punching it in at the goal-line for one play and getting stuffed? Would people be saying, "Tebow can not run in the NFL"? I'm pretty sure they would. People can look at 2 snaps and project the entire career of a rookie.

But look at Maroney.

The guy is a professional running back. He has been in the league for 5 years and has 2,400+ yards and 21 TDs. He had 3 attempts from the 1 and gained zero yards. I haven't read where anyone is claiming his running style won't work in the NFL.

Tebow is 6'3", 250 lbs. He's bigger than any running back the Broncos have. So why not run him from the 1 yard line? He can't do worse than not scoring (which is what happened).

BroncoWave
09-27-2010, 01:45 PM
FWIW, McD was asked about this in his press conference today and he said the idea of bringing in Tebow just for short yardage stuff this year is, and I'm pretty sure this was his quote, "ridiculous". He drafted him as a QB, not a RB.

Elevation inc
09-27-2010, 01:49 PM
FWIW, McD was asked about this in his press conference today and he said the idea of bringing in Tebow just for short yardage stuff this year is, and I'm pretty sure this was his quote, "ridiculous". He drafted him as a QB, not a RB.

makes me think he did tebow a favor for the jacksonville game, but could care less about the whole wild horses thing with him right now......hahaha

Slick
09-27-2010, 01:54 PM

What's more ridiculous, giving Tebow a shot to do something our backs can't seem to do, or failing in the redzone time and time and time again?

Oh well. That's why he's the coach and I'm a scuba instructor. :bandit:

jhildebrand
09-27-2010, 03:13 PM

What's more ridiculous, giving Tebow a shot to do something our backs can't seem to do, or failing in the redzone time and time and time again?

Oh well. That's why he's the coach and I'm a scuba instructor. :bandit:

So it is ridiculous. So then are we to assume it was ridiculous in week 1 as well? :confused: Possibly even more so as there wasn't much to gain based on field position and down and distance.

rcsodak
09-27-2010, 08:13 PM
Well, obviously, since Tebow wasn't active today he wasn't going to come in at all. . .but this is exactly why he wasn't active today.

McD has said NUMEROUS times that Tebow was drafted to be our future #1 QB, utilized in much the same way the Orton is utilized now. Since Orton is so proficient right now, there is no reason for Tebow to be used in a "gimmick" type situation. He really doesn't add much right now.

True, but to be fair, McD ALSO said he could see using TT in "certain situations", if they present themselves.

Evidently he didn't think, maybe with Indy's speedy D, that TT could make a difference.

I just think they need to get these routes burned into DT's brain so he's not having to think out there. Him pulling his defender into gaffney's (?) area was the reason for the int. Plus some other route running gaffes. Basically, it was said at the onset, that coming from GT, DT was going to have to learn a pro-style offense and it's many different routes. He can't just "run deep/fast" all the time *though I wish he would*.

I saw improvements from week 1 to week 2 to week 3. Hopefully they'll start putting together a complete game before too long.

rcsodak
09-27-2010, 08:20 PM
You wont get much credibility insisting the Seahawks aren't a good team er a real one as you put it. They beat a Charger team who most assuredly will be in the playoffs again this year.

Also, any win in the NFL is a big win.

Couple points, jh....

1. Last year, when Royal ran back those two returns to beat SD, it was called "luck", and the ONLY reason Denver won.

Won't name names, but they know who they are. :D

2. It looks like Sea is a different team when at home. Currently, they have what MANY refer to as the noisiest stadium. Last I heard, 99 false starts by opposing teams since, I think, 2000 *I think*. That's a heck of a 12th man.
But so far, they're 2-0 at home, and 0-1 on the road. Coincidence? Could be. Dunno.

SD's ST's is anything BUT! Didn't KC rip em wk 1 as well? *too lazy to check* As usual, SD is starting out in the hole. We'll see if they can get their running game back up to snuff, after their ProBowl LT gets back. I'm hoping he rips his groin and is out the rest of the year for being a moron, but that's just me. lol

rcsodak
09-27-2010, 08:25 PM
Coming soon to a stadium near you.

I guess Orton=Jake, huh?

SO glad to see your pessimistic self. :elefant:

CHARLIEADAMSFAN
09-27-2010, 08:26 PM
why the hell are we questioning this already? we knew he was a project before we drafted him

rcsodak
09-27-2010, 08:30 PM
Tebow/Schmebow....We traded our REAL drive finisher to the Browns for a jock strap and Brady Quinn. Yesterday we paid for it. We need a bruiser of a back. The dancers and high steppers are great between the 20's but inside the 5 we need a tank. Period.
I hear that Brandon Jacobs is unhappy in NY...;-)

PH had a 100yd game for Denver once.

Cle has a run blocking Oline....Denver doesn't. He would have been having the same results as Buck/Mo more than likely.

McD didn't like something he saw in PH....I hope we all see it too..... :shocked:

Lonestar
09-27-2010, 08:33 PM
why the hell are we questioning this already? we knew he was a project before we drafted him

you know that some fans predicted him starting the season this year right.

many thought that Orton was going to roll over and give up.

and even fewer thought he can do no wrong.

rcsodak
09-27-2010, 08:33 PM
Note: This message is a complete joke. If you get your feelers in a bunch over it, you need to settle it down a bit and breathe. Gear down big shifter, it's supposed to be funny.

:confused:

Somebody else has a "big shifter"?

:couch:

rcsodak
09-27-2010, 08:37 PM
So it is ridiculous. So then are we to assume it was ridiculous in week 1 as well? :confused: Possibly even more so as there wasn't much to gain based on field position and down and distance.

Is it safe to assume that had TT busted those runs for 10-15yds, that you wouldn't be bringing this up every chance you get? Just askin'. ;)

Lonestar
09-27-2010, 08:40 PM
remember folks that a few and I do mean a few ex broncos went on to at least temporary semi star status after leaving DEN..

lets see delta, drounghs, tater, CP, price, MA, Sharpe, Walls, one or two other Dbs names escape me, heyward and one other DE.

But that is about it folks all of 2008s starters on defense except DJ and Champ are out of the NFL.

I hope Willis does well there he is a decent kid that deserves it.

Broncos Mtnman
09-27-2010, 11:04 PM
I guess Orton=Jake, huh?

SO glad to see your pessimistic self. :elefant:

Nope...

Orton can throw the ball, he just can't win.

Glad to see your usual "address the poster instead of the post" self.

:coffee:

cuzz4169
09-27-2010, 11:29 PM
Everyone is talking about indys speed D and I agree so why the FL#%& did we run 3 stretch plays on the goal line and not up the gut!!!??

silkamilkamonico
09-28-2010, 12:44 AM
Nope...

Orton can throw the ball, he just can't win.

Glad to see your usual "address the poster instead of the post" self.

:coffee:

Very true, and in like fashion, will probably follow the last Qb who could throw, but couldn't win, right out the door.

sneakers
09-28-2010, 12:51 AM
Very true, and in like fashion, will probably follow the last Qb who could throw, but couldn't win, right out the door.

Jeff George?

silkamilkamonico
09-28-2010, 12:59 AM
Jeff George?

I think Cutler is better than George. But yea George couldn't win either.

Dzone
09-28-2010, 01:18 AM
if quinn remains the #2, then we may not see Tebow the entire season...Mcdaniels has done dumber things

BroncoWave
09-28-2010, 10:35 AM
Here were McD's quotes on the matter of running Tebow in short yardage:

"We're not going to do that in short yardage," McDaniels said. "People who mention that, I don't know, that's ridiculous."

"Snapping the ball to a shotgun quarterback on third-and-1? If we can't get a third-and-1 some other way, we've got bigger problems," McDaniels said.

Read more: Broncos don't plan to use Tebow on short-yardage plays - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16190944?source=rss#ixzz10q4Wmsky

Ravage!!!
09-28-2010, 10:41 AM
I think we'll see Tebow and Quinn being switched back and forth, as to who's #2....depending on the game plan. Our gameplan this week was to throw 60 times. Right now, Quinn is better at recognizing defenses than Tebow. Next week, we may find that we will have a need for short running the ball (not likely), and will put Tebow at #2.

Ravage!!!
09-28-2010, 10:43 AM
Here were McD's quotes on the matter of running Tebow in short yardage:

"We're not going to do that in short yardage," McDaniels said. "People who mention that, I don't know, that's ridiculous."

"Snapping the ball to a shotgun quarterback on third-and-1? If we can't get a third-and-1 some other way, we've got bigger problems," McDaniels said.

Read more: Broncos don't plan to use Tebow on short-yardage plays - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16190944?source=rss#ixzz10q4Wmsky

Thats weird, because I remember reading from reporters at TCs, and the ONLY Plays Tebow was lining up wit the starting offense was when he was in Shotgun, would take the snap and run right, run left, or run center. Then in game 1 he tries to run Tebow in short yardage situations... yet now we are ridiculous for thinking Tebow would be used that way??? :confused:

BroncoWave
09-28-2010, 10:56 AM
Thats weird, because I remember reading from reporters at TCs, and the ONLY Plays Tebow was lining up wit the starting offense was when he was in Shotgun, would take the snap and run right, run left, or run center. Then in game 1 he tries to run Tebow in short yardage situations... yet now we are ridiculous for thinking Tebow would be used that way??? :confused:

I'm sorry, I must have missed the short yardage situations Tebow ran in in week 1. Could you please fill me in? Unless 1st and 10 is suddenly short yardage now.

Lonestar
09-28-2010, 11:02 AM
Everyone is talking about indys speed D and I agree so why the FL#%& did we run 3 stretch plays on the goal line and not up the gut!!!??

Cuzz we did. Whether they have the speed to get outside or not they also have the speed to clog the up the gut play. Probably why the RB went wide.

Ravage!!!
09-28-2010, 11:04 AM
I'm sorry, I must have missed the short yardage situations Tebow ran in in week 1. Could you please fill me in? Unless 1st and 10 is suddenly short yardage now.

Love that you can't post without sarcasm. Either way, short yardage or not... 1-10 and lining up in shotgun and RUNNING the ball doesn't make people "ridiculous" for thinking that McD would RUN the ball on short yardage with Tebow.

BroncoWave
09-28-2010, 11:16 AM
Love that you can't post without sarcasm.

Well I'm glad you love it because I don't plan on stopping anytime soon! :beer:

Either way, short yardage or not... 1-10 and lining up in shotgun and RUNNING the ball doesn't make people "ridiculous" for thinking that McD would RUN the ball on short yardage with Tebow.

When you have Tebow in there on first and 10 the D can't necessarily assume that it's going to be a run. The options are more open there. Line him up on 3rd and 1 and the D will know EXACTLY what is coming and probably be able to stop it. So yeah, there is definitely a difference.

NightTrainLayne
09-28-2010, 12:23 PM
Well I'm glad you love it because I don't plan on stopping anytime soon! :beer:

When you have Tebow in there on first and 10 the D can't necessarily assume that it's going to be a run. The options are more open there. Line him up on 3rd and 1 and the D will know EXACTLY what is coming and probably be able to stop it. So yeah, there is definitely a difference.

Yes, but the uncertainty would help him be more successful you would think. If he can't run it successfully on 1st & 10, then there's no reason to think it will be successful on 3rd and 1.

BroncoWave
09-28-2010, 12:25 PM
Yes, but the uncertainty would help him be more successful you would think. If he can't run it successfully on 1st & 10, then there's no reason to think it will be successful on 3rd and 1.

Which plays into my point of it not being hypocritical for McD to call it "ridiculous" to run Tebow in short yardage.

CrazyHorse
10-04-2010, 03:33 AM
Kyle Orton is having a career season so far. I don't see Tebow supplanting him any time soon.

BroncoBJ
10-04-2010, 04:57 AM
I think whenever Tebow is ready. Whether its a year or 2 or 3 or forever down the line. I think Tebow will thrive in our offense with McD. Basically a similar style to what he did in college. The future is gonna look bright in Denver and I cant wait. But for now, I'm loving what Orton is doing in this offense. :salute:

TXBRONC
10-04-2010, 03:14 PM

TXBRONC
10-04-2010, 03:19 PM
If Tebow continues to develop he'll end up being the starter within the next two years.

Shazam!
10-04-2010, 05:00 PM
If Tebow continues to develop he'll end up being the starter within the next two years.

Orton's trade value is skyrocketing...

TXBRONC
10-04-2010, 05:09 PM

I it looks that right now. If he keeps playing like he is right now I'm sure it will. What would really enhance his value is if contend a playoffs.

dogfish
10-04-2010, 07:05 PM

his value to us is increasing faster than his trade value. . . ;)

Kapaibro
10-04-2010, 07:40 PM
Why did Mc D'oh draft Tebow again ?

To appease the wild libido's of Bronco's lady fans!

Cugel
10-05-2010, 10:56 AM
Kyle Orton is having a career season so far. I don't see Tebow supplanting him any time soon.

There you go. That simple statement took 62 posts?

I HATED the Cutler-Orton trade, and I'm not a big Orton fan, but Kyle Orton is DOING HIS JOB. Period. You can blame a lot of people in the Broncos organization from the players to McDaniels, whose personnel moves seem to have been made by that retarded kid in the Bang! Cartoons.

But, Orton has won my respect by the way he's handled this season. If the Broncos underachieve again, it won't be Kyle's fault.

If McDaniels had any brains at all then Orton is his "QB of the future." The man has earned it by playing with authority, refusing to bitch or pout and keeping his cool under fire.

And I suspect that McDaniels realizes that he's not gonna be around to "groom" Tebow much longer UNLESS Orton continues to play lights out.

Because whatever is wrong with the running game, Maroney is clearly NOT the answer! And they don't have anybody else.

Anyone watch the Redskins game this weekend and wonder "explain to me again why Ryan Torain isn't still a Bronco?" :coffee:

NightTrainLayne
10-05-2010, 11:46 AM
Anyone watch the Redskins game this weekend and wonder "explain to me again why Ryan Torain isn't still a Bronco?" :coffee:

No, because he could barely make it from the parking lot to the locker room without getting injured.

I'm glad he caught on with Shanny again. Maybe he'll be great, but you can't just keep someone on the roster that never plays. Not in the NFL. There's simply not enough spots to go around.

MileHighCrew
10-05-2010, 11:51 AM

It would be interesting to see McD turn Orton into another 2 1st rounders, giving the Broncos 4 1st for Jay.

JaxBroncoGirl
10-05-2010, 11:54 AM
I think whenever Tebow is ready. Whether its a year or 2 or 3 or forever down the line. I think Tebow will thrive in our offense with McD. Basically a similar style to what he did in college. The future is gonna look bright in Denver and I cant wait. But for now, I'm loving what Orton is doing in this offense. :salute:

Now that Orton is playing well which is great, hopefully he does not get hurt. We must have more balance on the offense. I want to see a little more movement from Orton to help balance out the offense along with an improved running game. We cannot pass our way to the Superbowl. Make no mistake drafting Tebow as a great plan.

BroncoBJ
10-05-2010, 05:08 PM

For some reason, If/When we trade Orton down the line, I'm gonna feel bad for him. Like we used him or something. Though it is a business but I'd feel bad for him. But as a Broncos fan, if he keeps this up, we'd get some good value for him. :lol:

But Patriots always use players and trade thier WR's who go on and do nothing in thier career so its all good. I'd rather trade players then just let them walk. So I love how McD gets value for most people. :elefant:

Lonestar
10-05-2010, 05:11 PM
For some reason, If/When we trade Orton down the line, I'm gonna feel bad for him. Like we used him or something. Though it is a business but I'd feel bad for him. But as a Broncos fan, if he keeps this up, we'd get some good value for him. :lol:

But Patriots always use players and trade thier WR's who go on and do nothing in thier career so its all good. I'd rather trade players then just let them walk. So I love how McD gets value for most people. :elefant:

Gonna be hard to trade him with ony one year left on his contract. Why would a team want to give up something that they can have for free as a URFA starting after next year. unless we sign him to a longer contract and then trade him not gonna happen.

BroncoBJ
10-05-2010, 05:14 PM
Gonna be hard to trade him with ony one year left on his contract. Why would a team want to give up something that they can have for free as a URFA starting after next year. unless we sign him to a longer contract and then trade him not gonna happen.

Yea, I know. Unless we sign him again next year to a longer deal. But theres always teams that need a QB. The Cards would probably love to have a QB right now.

Plus trades happen all the time. 31 teams out there. 1 team might wanna make a trade. I just hope we keep winning and won't have to worry about it for a while.

WARHORSE
10-05-2010, 05:31 PM
McDaniels said the players create roles for themselves as well.

If Tim cant get the ball into the endzone during practice, he wont be getting it in the game.

Frankly, Im in agreement with those who have spoken to the fact that Tebow was stellar at short yardage gains in college.

We wont know whether he can do it unless we try.

Tebow is FAR more mobile than Orton is.

And frankly, Orton has not gotten it done in the redzone.

Ortons throwing of a fade route is HORRENDOUS.

Without that, or the threat of that, you hurt your redzone chances.

But thats me, and Im not the HC.:D

dogfish
10-17-2010, 03:56 PM
*ahem*

honz
10-17-2010, 04:04 PM
Colquitt is sucking ass today.

honz
10-17-2010, 04:04 PM
Whoops, wrong thread...but still, he is.

JaxBroncoGirl
10-17-2010, 04:48 PM
McDaniels said the players create roles for themselves as well.

If Tim cant get the ball into the endzone during practice, he wont be getting it in the game.

Frankly, Im in agreement with those who have spoken to the fact that Tebow was stellar at short yardage gains in college.

We wont know whether he can do it unless we try.

Tebow is FAR more mobile than Orton is.

And frankly, Orton has not gotten it done in the redzone.

Ortons throwing of a fade route is HORRENDOUS.

Without that, or the threat of that, you hurt your redzone chances.

But thats me, and Im not the HC.:D

Did we not just see Tebow in the redzone score? I agree, we should try Tebow on long passing and the redzone, not for the entire game, we should at least put him in a little more than what we have. I like Orton, he has stepped up to the plate, but he comes up a little short sometimes. I just think we need to mix it up a little.

chazoe60
10-18-2010, 08:49 AM
McD drafted Tebow because the best we will ever be with Orton is mediocre. I don't get all the confidence in Orton, he has very rarely come up big in big spots. Seriously, I have very little confidence in Orton when the game is on the line.