PDA

View Full Version : Mike Florio is an *******

BigSarge87
07-28-2008, 09:31 PM
Does this ignorant ******* bother anyone else? I swear the dude brings up any negative news about the broncos he possibly can. I follow his website pretty close (profootballtalk.com) and there is no doubt in my mind the dude is trying to overhype the Marshall situation so he can play a part in him being suspended. He knows the more attention he gives it, the more it will get blown out of proportion and the more likely he will get suspended. It's completely irresponsible journalism and I wish there was something I could do to stop him. Please vent with me.

tubby
07-28-2008, 09:33 PM
PFT is garbage. The guy runs a rumor mill.

MOtorboat
07-28-2008, 10:22 PM
I don't think Roger Goodell will use PFT to make his decision.

Buff
07-28-2008, 11:16 PM
You guys better watch your mouths.

I was nothing until I found Florio's site. He completes me.

Simple Jaded
07-29-2008, 12:34 AM
Yeah, because God forbid Marshall get suspended......

Italianmobstr7
07-29-2008, 01:29 AM
Marshall shouldn't get suspended. I don't carehow many times the cops were called or whatever. He shouldn't get suspended and if he does, I'll be pissed. If marshawn lynch can get off without punishment, so should marshall.

Dreadnought
07-29-2008, 06:54 AM
I agree Florio has an almost irrational hatred of the Broncos and Shanahan in particular. It is aggravating when a guy like Marshall gives Florio this kind of fodder; as pissed off as I get at Florio I am more pissed at Marshall, who, at the end of the day, is the one hurting his team and giving Florio all the ammo he could wish for.

Slick
07-29-2008, 08:19 AM
Marshall has no one to blame but himself.

MHCBill
07-29-2008, 08:29 AM
Marshall shouldn't get suspended. I don't carehow many times the cops were called or whatever. He shouldn't get suspended and if he does, I'll be pissed. If marshawn lynch can get off without punishment, so should marshall.I remember being a kid and not worrying about my own responsibilities.

atwater27
07-29-2008, 09:39 AM
Florio is a bitch. But I admit I go to his site to get news. he friggin hates the Broncos and Shanahan mostly. I was shocked though the other day he had an article praising Rod Smith and his career when he announced his retirement.

Scarface
07-29-2008, 09:53 AM
He's a Broncos hater but his site is still very good. I visit it daily.

Requiem / The Dagda
07-29-2008, 12:35 PM
Maybe it started when Shanahan called him "some internet hack."

lex
07-29-2008, 05:10 PM
Maybe it started when Shanahan called him "some internet hack."

...which is what he is.

And in related news, Mike Shanahan is the head coach of the Denver Broncos and not the Michigan Wolverines.

Requiem / The Dagda
07-29-2008, 05:13 PM
Eh, if he was such a hack I don't think he'd get the praise from ESPN and the Sporting News like he does on a constant basis. Not to mention he runs and makes a living off a site that receives millions of hits a day. I wish I had his job.

lex
07-29-2008, 05:15 PM
Eh, if he was such a hack I don't think he'd get the praise from ESPN and the Sporting News like he does on a constant basis. Not to mention he runs and makes a living off a site that receives millions of hits a day. I wish I had his job.

Bleh, praise from E!SPN and TSN doesnt mean much...both of those are pretty much garbage as well.

Simple Jaded
07-29-2008, 08:17 PM
Saying anything that isn't 100% positive about the Broncos will always get you this kind of pretentious indignation from Broncos fans.

It's as predictable as the sunrise.

But let Marshall throw an interception and he's dead to us......

lex
07-29-2008, 09:57 PM
Saying anything that isn't 100% positive about the Broncos will always get you this kind of pretentious indignation from Broncos fans.

It's as predictable as the sunrise.

But let Marshall throw an interception and he's dead to us......

Thats not really it. Theres been honest criticism that meets agreement with Broncos fans. But Ive noticed there are at least 2 ways to be called out: 1) Saying something that demonstrates youre not familiar with the team while criticizing it; and 2) constant sniping just for the sake of doing so. Basically, if you boil down what I just said, it comes down to being fair or unfair and it has less to do with not saying something positive all the time.

Simple Jaded
07-29-2008, 10:59 PM
Thats not really it. Theres been honest criticism that meets agreement with Broncos fans. But Ive noticed there are at least 2 ways to be called out: 1) Saying something that demonstrates youre not familiar with the team while criticizing it; and 2) constant sniping just for the sake of doing so. Basically, if you boil down what I just said, it comes down to being fair or unfair and it has less to do with not saying something positive all the time.

I don't think Florio falls into either category, he's completely fair and he knows what he's talking about. Yet his criticism will never be met with agreement from most Broncos fans simply because he is always saying something they don't want to acknowledge.

He rarely says anything positive about the Broncos because there has been, and continues to be, so much negative shit to write about, and his criticism of Shanahan and the Broncos has completely fair......

hotcarl
07-29-2008, 11:38 PM
i will talk to him about it ... duly noted

please move on to other thread subjects

tia
carl

lex
07-30-2008, 12:08 AM
I don't think Florio falls into either category, he's completely fair and he knows what he's talking about. Yet his criticism will never be met with agreement from most Broncos fans simply because he is always saying something they don't want to acknowledge.

He rarely says anything positive about the Broncos because there has been, and continues to be, so much negative shit to write about, and his criticism of Shanahan and the Broncos has completely fair......

He falls in the latter category.

kmonty
07-30-2008, 01:43 AM
Florio is a bitch. But I admit I go to his site to get news. he friggin hates the Broncos and Shanahan mostly. I was shocked though the other day he had an article praising Rod Smith and his career when he announced his retirement.

Unfortunately that wasn't Florio's writing... that was Tom Mantzouranis'

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/07/25/rod-smith-the-hall-of-fame-debate/