PDA

View Full Version : Montrae Holland V Chris Kuper

Retired_Member_001
09-17-2007, 12:23 PM
I'm not out to start a big argument here.

I just want people's honest opinion, Montrae Holland or Chris Kuper starting at RG?

Montrae Holland proved to me is useless even when he was a Saint, I personally think he is causing alot of problems and I think we NEED to give Chris Kuper a chance. It's not like he is going to do worse than Montrae Holland in terms of run blocking.

I vote Chris Kuper over the New Orleans Saints reject.

SBboundBRONCOS
09-17-2007, 12:32 PM
yeah i agree it cant hurt to give kuper a try either he does the same or better considering you really cant get much worse than what hes done

he had what 2-3 costly penalties, one that accounted for the sack/safety and the other just gave us bad momentum, our inside game is really strugling to surge and get a push, but i think that once Jay proves he is a threat the defenses will stop stuffing the box, i think he is almos there to be honest

im just pissed that the dang FBs are getting to many carries and henry isnt getting enough inside the red zone

Dean
09-17-2007, 01:28 PM
Having not seen the two players in practice nor having game time play to judge by how can a valid decision be made? Kuper was starting and the coaching staff replaced him with Holland. I'll take their call on this issue until I have something more to go on.

topscribe
09-17-2007, 04:26 PM
According to reports out of camp, Kuper was doing a great job in run blocking,
while Holland was a textbook example in pass blocking. So I suppose the issue
was, who was better at their respective weakness? I would think at this point
Holland has the experience, and Kuper has the upside. For immediate purposes,
experience wins.

When Kuper gets his pass blocking down better, I'm sure he's the one we'll
see in there.

-----

dogfish
09-17-2007, 04:41 PM
top's correct, it was reported that kuper was struggling with his pass protection, something we got to see a little bit of when he played in the preseason. . . i've been on the "play kuper" bandwagon for a while, as i do think he shows a lot of promise as a run blocker, but if that's where it is right now i'm afraid i think we need to stick with holland-- inconsistent run blocking can be frustrating, but we've still been putting up solid overall rushing numbers, despite facing plenty of stacked fronts. . . and most importantly, we just can't afford to have big DTs getting an unabated rush at the new face of our franchise-- protecting cutler is far more important, IMO, than winning or losing any single game. . . until they're satisfied that kuper can do that, i think it's probably best to stick with holland. . .

Astrass
09-17-2007, 05:35 PM
yeah i agree it cant hurt to give kuper a try either he does the same or better considering you really cant get much worse than what hes done

he had what 2-3 costly penalties, one that accounted for the sack/safety and the other just gave us bad momentum, our inside game is really strugling to surge and get a push, but i think that once Jay proves he is a threat the defenses will stop stuffing the box, i think he is almos there to be honest

im just pissed that the dang FBs are getting to many carries and henry isnt getting enough inside the red zone

Dunno....think a saw someone else get run over by Warren for that saftey :ahhhhh:

topscribe
09-17-2007, 05:38 PM
Dunno....think a saw someone else get run over by Warren for that saftey :ahhhhh:
I think Gannon mentioned Warren bull-rushed Myers. Due to Myers' inexperience,
it must have caught him by surprise. One thing Warren can do is bull-rush.

-----

Simple Jaded
09-17-2007, 06:50 PM
Alan Faneca!

No wait....The Broncos would have no interest should he be available next year.

I'd like to see Kuper get a chance, but overall, I think the line has played pretty good.

I'll wait and see after the inevitable/annual Denver Broncos Second Half of the Season FADE...

TXBRONC
09-17-2007, 08:58 PM
Alan Faneca!

No wait....The Broncos would have no interest should he be available next year.

I'd like to see Kuper get a chance, but overall, I think the line has played pretty good.

I'll wait and see after the inevitable/annual Denver Broncos Second Half of the Season FADE...

I don't know if they will or wont but if they do I wouldn't have problem with Shanahan trying to sign Faneca if they thought he would fit the system.